The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2020, 06:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Gigi is asking for bail

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nse/index.html

I don't care what she claims in the filing, the judge would be crazy to grant her bail. She would run.
Say it ain't so!:
Quote:
In their brief, Maxwell's attorneys also preview legal arguments they plan to make with regard to the indictment, which center on a non-prosecution agreement Epstein signed with federal prosecutors in Miami in 2007 that appeared to immunize "any potential co-conspirators of Epstein."

Old 07-10-2020, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even if Andy were a bigger fish it would cause a real diplomatic mess to charge him and seek his extradition. It will be interesting to see how his brother and nephew treat him when they are on the throne. He might want to start planning what his retirement post Elizabeth will look like.

I agree that Ghislaine’s involvement is so heinous that she’d have to be willing to give up ***many*** big fish, and the right big fish at that, along with some solid evidence to back up her claims. As we’ve seen from the post above, her lawyers are going to fight tooth and nail. I bet the retainer they got made them swoon.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Nobility

I just don't see what bigger fish there is than GM. She was Epstein's right hand woman. She groomed the girls.

The more famous fish will be much harder to convict of a crime. They knew these women were young, but did they know they were under age? Did they know that these girls were being coerced? It could be argued that they are only guilty of having sex with women that were on the young side.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
What a gloriously evocatively picture. Indeed it suits the PTB to have him "named and shamed" as it keeps them occupied and let's face it, there are more photos of President Trump with Epstein and Maxwell than Andrew.

Considering Epstein's sweetheart deal you have to wonder who else was at those "Black Tie" events as well as Trump. Their most been a lot of photos recovered from the original 2011 case . . . or was that evidence lost as part if the deal.
I disagree about Trump compared to Andrew. Trump was photographed with Epstein at a few social events whereas Andrew's association was a proper close friendship. There were hus visits to the island (no witnesses or victims saw Trump); staying in Epstein's house for days on end; having Epstein to Windsor and Sandringham for private stays; Andrew being photograph lounging on a yacht with Epstein etc, etc. The Clintons were also around Epstein a lot according to flight logs; witness accounts and Ghislaine's appearance at Chelsea Clinton's wedding. Trump's association seems to have been a lot more tenous in comparion to Andrew's, the Clintons and a few other high ranking people.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
I just don't see what bigger fish there is than GM. She was Epstein's right hand woman. She groomed the girls.

The more famous fish will be much harder to convict of a crime. They knew these women were young, but did they know they were under age? Did they know that these girls were being coerced? It could be argued that they are only guilty of having sex with women that were on the young side.

The big fish for me are those powerfull men in high positions who took advantage of these young women. Of course Maxwell seems to be quite important in the scheme but has no influence in the world or is rich on her own.

I want to see those people prosecuted who knew what was going on, but didn't do a thing to help those women.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
The big fish for me are those powerfull men in high positions who took advantage of these young women. Of course Maxwell seems to be quite important in the scheme but has no influence in the world or is rich on her own.

I want to see those people prosecuted who knew what was going on, but didn't do a thing to help those women.
Maxwell is hardly poor.. and she was the one who found these women for her boyfriend who passed them on to his friends and associates. Men who had sex with them.. its going to be very difficult to prove if they knew whether the women were under age, or if they were willing participants or pressured into the set up. Maxwell DID know that she was pressuring these girls, and since she'd need papers for them etc she knew their ages and their back stories. Unless these girls spoke to the men they had sex with and told them that they were being pressured or coerced to live like this, I can't see what anyone coudl do for them..
Old 07-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I disagree about Trump compared to Andrew. Trump was photographed with Epstein at a few social events whereas Andrew's association was a proper close friendship. There were hus visits to the island (no witnesses or victims saw Trump); staying in Epstein's house for days on end; having Epstein to Windsor and Sandringham for private stays; Andrew being photograph lounging on a yacht with Epstein etc, etc. The Clintons were also around Epstein a lot according to flight logs; witness accounts and Ghislaine's appearance at Chelsea Clinton's wedding. Trump's association seems to have been a lot more tenous in comparion to Andrew's, the Clintons and a few other high ranking people.
Do me a favor, Sophie? Type in Jane Doe vs. Donald J. Trump and Jefferey E. Epstein in your search engine and read what pops up. To my knowledge, its clear that Trump is the only "Mr. Big Guy" that has had a lawsuit filed against him *along* with Epstein with several heinous allegations along with child rape. The documents are available and to be honest, made me physically sick. This was in 2016.

Seriously. No joke. Its all there in black and white.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Can anyone help me with a timeline?
1 When was Maxwell's naming as someone who was accused of committing crimes become public?
2 When did she last have any contact with Prince Andrew?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember that during THAT now infamous Newsnight interview Emily Matlis asked Andrew when he last saw Maxwell and he said "earlier this year" and if I recall said it has been at BP, which caused a visible shocked reaction from Matlis (and many of those watching no doubt)
Old 07-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I remember that during THAT now infamous Newsnight interview Emily Matlis asked Andrew when he last saw Maxwell and he said "earlier this year" and if I recall said it has been at BP, which caused a visible shocked reaction from Matlis (and many of those watching no doubt)
From Andrew's now famous interview with Emily Matlis. Andrew's mind seems to have taken a vacation without leaving a forwarding address.
(transcript in link)

EM: When was your last contact with her?

PA: It was earlier this year funnily enough in the summer, in the spring, summer.

EM: About what?

PA: She was here doing some rally.

EM: So even though he had by then been arrested and was facing charges of sex trafficking?

PA: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, this was… this was early spring I think, it was long… because when was he arrested?

EM: July.

PA: No, it was before July.

EM: And that was the last time?

PA: Yeah, yeah.

EM: Did you discuss Epstein at all?

PA: No, actually funnily enough no not at all, there wasn't anything to discuss about him because he wasn't in the news, you know, it was just… we had moved on.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50449339
Old 07-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even more painful to read :-/
Old 07-11-2020, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Can anyone help me with a timeline?
1 When was Maxwell's naming as someone who was accused of committing crimes become public?
2 When did she last have any contact with Prince Andrew?
1. Well, we were discussing the articles about Maxwell’s role in Andrew & the 17 year old in this thread in early 2011 & I recall reading about her involvement w/ procuring underage girls around then.
2. I’m pretty sure the rally Andrew referenced was in June 2019, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndon-June.html although he could have seen Maxwell since his TV interview for all we know. We also know they emailed & phoned each other in the past - so who knows when they last had ‘contact.’
Old 07-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

Gigi's friends are running to the press

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-villain.html

LOL at the Gigi didn't get a haircut for a year defense.

Gigi's friends need to go somewhere and sit down.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What I will never understand is why she didn't leave the U.S. immediately after Epstein was arrested?
Ghislaine Maxwell thought that there was no need for her to flee the United States because she is covered under the immunity clause within the federal non-prosecution agreement given to Jeffrey Epstein in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Say it ain't so!:
It is very unfortunately so and it might get her off the hook because very unlike most immunity deals there has not been included a provision which limits the scope of the agreement to the State where the crime is committed thus that federal non-prosecution agreement may apply to the whole of the United States.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Ghislaine Maxwell is actually the daughter of Robert Maxwell, who built a publishing empire. In the 1960s he was a Labour MP and bought the Mirror along with a number of other printing and newspaper companies. Ghislaine has always lived a comfortable life financially and had always known people in high places.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-13-2020, 06:54 PM
Nobility

She is to appear by video link. I hope they don't let her out because she is a flight risk.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:

The court case isn't about who has the most power and influence though. It's about who did the bigger crime. GM trafficked these women. Epstein trafficked these women. Multiple women over many years. If we take Andrew as an example, he is accused of having sex with 1 person 3 times. There is no indication that he forced himself on her. We don't know if he knew she wasn't a willing participant. We don't know if he knew her age. She was probably afraid to tell Andrew the truth, but he wasn't the one forcing her hand.

On one side you have 2 people who actively recruited underage girls and and used them for sex and passed them out like party favours to their friends. On the other hand you have someone who had what he thought was consensual sex. The alleged first time was in the UK and she was at the age of consent. Was it icky? Absolutely. A crime? No. The other occasions could be more problematic depending on her age at the time.

The possible sex with a minor does not happen without the original crimes by Epstein and Maxwell. Trafficking is the more serious crime. I don't see why they would offer a sweet deal to Maxwell to charge others with more minor offences.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ghislaine has pleaded not guilty to the six charges the FBI have brought against her and her trial date has been set for July 12, 2021.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...863075330?s=21
Old 07-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Aristocracy

Gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Ghislaine has pleaded not guilty to the six charges the FBI have brought against her and her trial date has been set for July 12, 2021.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...863075330?s=21
NO bail for her, she is a monster!
Old 07-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Commoner

Ghislaine Maxwell has indeed been denied bail!