The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3981  
Old 07-03-2020, 11:49 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,326
As to the incident that allegedly took place in Maxwell's London home, its not a crime against Andrew but the implications sure ain't good for his reputation and his words from the interview would be blown out of the water. Met Police declined to pursue the matter.

No matter what happened or what Maxwell spills the beans on when it comes to Andrew, the damage is already done to the man's reputation and has deemed him to graze in pastures for the rest of his life with no public roles whatsoever. That's punishment enough for me unless someone else prosecutes him for an actual crime or Guiffre instigates a civil court case against Andrew.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3982  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
How woudl she know though? She may have set it up, she may have told Virginia to have sex with him, but she's not in the bedroom. The most she could say is that Andrew told her that they'd had sex and even then..
But even for Maxwell to confirm that whole night out at Tramp nightclub etc happened would be 2 people (Giuffre and Maxwell) saying it did v's Andrew's 'I can't remember'.I think most people believe Virginia Giuffre anyway but it certainly would be a further blow to Andrew.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3983  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It will be interesting if Maxwell confirms that Andrew did have sex with Virginia Roberts, can you imagine the outcry?

Andrew has maintained his innocence in this matter, I never watched the interview, as to whether he explicitly said hed never met Roberts or just skirted around the topic of her in general.

If Maxwell confirms the night in London took place, its nothing that we dont already know. If Im right Ms Roberts was of legal age in the U.K. at the time the incident happened, therefore Andrew has no crime to answer for unless Maxwell has some concrete proof to say the situation between Andrew and Roberts wasnt consensual.

(This isnt me saying what, if anything, that happened between Andrew and Roberts was right in the eyes of the law or not. Im just speaking plain fact.)

What would make life very difficult for Andrew is if Maxwell talked about any situation Andrew or Fergie for that matter, found themselves in that we didnt already know about.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3984  
Old 07-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Andrew has maintained his innocence in this matter, I never watched the interview, as to whether he explicitly said hed never met Roberts or just skirted around the topic of her in general.

If Maxwell confirms the night in London took place, its nothing that we dont already know. If Im right Ms Roberts was of legal age in the U.K. at the time the incident happened, therefore Andrew has no crime to answer for unless Maxwell has some concrete proof to say the situation between Andrew and Roberts wasnt consensual.

(This isnt me saying what, if anything, that happened between Andrew and Roberts was right in the eyes of the law or not. Im just speaking plain fact.)

What would make life very difficult for Andrew is if Maxwell talked about any situation Andrew or Fergie for that matter, found themselves in that we didnt already know about.
Virginia Giuffre was trafficked which discounts her age in the eyes of the law. Men having sex with trafficked women are commiting a crime.
Reply With Quote
  #3985  
Old 07-03-2020, 01:29 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Virginia Giuffre was trafficked which discounts her age in the eyes of the law. Men having sex with trafficked women are commiting a crime.
Whilst Epstein was arrested on trafficking charges, and evidence to some degree was found currently (notwithstanding Ms Maxwells arrest) we have nothing to suggest Virgina was trafficked other than her statement to that fact.

Again I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just sticking to the facts of what we know and don't know.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3986  
Old 07-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whilst Epstein was arrested on trafficking charges, and evidence to some degree was found currently (notwithstanding Ms Maxwells arrest) we have nothing to suggest Virgina was trafficked other than her statement to that fact.

Again I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just sticking to the facts of what we know and don't know.
What she says was her experience matches almost identically to tens of other woman who said they were forced into sex with older men by Epstein when they were very young. Andrew's conduct was illegal at worst and sleazy at best, either way he is a disgrace. Virginia was only 5 years older than Beatrice.
Reply With Quote
  #3987  
Old 07-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
What she says was her experience matches almost identically to tens of other woman who said they were forced into sex with older men by Epstein when they were very young. Andrew's conduct was illegal at worst and sleazy at best, either way he is a disgrace. Virginia was only 5 years older than Beatrice.
I'm sorry I don't understand your point?

I'm not saying what Virgina and others have said didn't happen. I'm just sticking to the facts, and no evidence has been produced and nobody charged to prove in a court of law what happened to those women is true as of yet.

We don't know what Andrew did or didn't do for sure, so as this forums has rules against the discussion of rumours an such I tend to actively stay away from doing so.

I also don't believe in bringing Andrew's children into a situation they don't belong in. Whilst I hate to admit it, men have relations and relationships with women younger than their own adult children all the time (again before someone jumps on me, not condoning this, just saying it happens).
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3988  
Old 07-03-2020, 02:13 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,517
Personally, I smell a very large rat. Ms Maxwell knows an awful lot about Epstein's lifestyle, even shared it so one has to wonder . . . she has been highly visible ever since Epstein was arrested yet she was not.

Out of the blue William Barr, US Attorney General tweeted that AG of SDNY Geoffrey Berman had resigned. Seeing this he tweeted that not only had he not resigned but that he had no intention of doing so. Barr said okay, I'll get the President to fire him and replace him with a Trump ally who has never tried a case.

Managing to force Mr Berman to resign Barr is left with his Deputy AG. Ooops, the new AG has to be confirmed by the Senate so no quick turnaround. But why now, 5 months before an election? There are no trials of great note on the docket so why. Suddenly, out of the blue, Ms Maxwell has been arrested.

Hmm. I hope she is in excellent physical and mental health because she is the living repository of all Epstein's perversions and the great and the good of like mind.

,
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #3989  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 343
This scandal is too sleazy for words. The sooner Prince Andrew leaves public life the better.
Reply With Quote
  #3990  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
The sooner Prince Andrew leaves public life the better.
When was he last seen in public on behalf of the royal family?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3991  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Personally, I smell a very large rat. Ms Maxwell knows an awful lot about Epstein's lifestyle, even shared it so one has to wonder . . . she has been highly visible ever since Epstein was arrested yet she was not.

Out of the blue William Barr, US Attorney General tweeted that AG of SDNY Geoffrey Berman had resigned. Seeing this he tweeted that not only had he not resigned but that he had no intention of doing so. Barr said okay, I'll get the President to fire him and replace him with a Trump ally who has never tried a case.

Managing to force Mr Berman to resign Barr is left with his Deputy AG. Ooops, the new AG has to be confirmed by the Senate so no quick turnaround. But why now, 5 months before an election? There are no trials of great note on the docket so why. Suddenly, out of the blue, Ms Maxwell has been arrested.

Hmm. I hope she is in excellent physical and mental health because she is the living repository of all Epstein's perversions and the great and the good of like mind.

,
The pandemic most likely slowed the timing of the arrest down. In Federal felony prosecutions you need to convene a grand jury and the prosecutor has to present evidence, including witness testimony, to the jurors to get the indictment that starts the case. To conduct a grand jury you need around 20 jurors, prosecutors, court reporter, bailiff, security outside, witnesses in and out, etc.. I actually wonder how they managed since NY has been such a COVID hotspot & was locked down early.
Reply With Quote
  #3992  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
The threat of being questioned is a greater, more effective and more realistic punishment for a Prince of the blood. He is surely not going to end up in court. The British state will do everything in its power to prevent this from happening. It is unrealistic and limiting to only aim for something that is not going to happen. Leave the threat hanging over him for the rest of his life. For someone accustomed to a life of arrogance and utter entitlement, it makes more impact to know you MIGHT be extradited. That pressure seems the best way to protect the British monarchy and ensure Andrew receives due punishment. He gets to retire to house arrest in a big house in the country with Fergie and the bees and no chance of luxury air travel for fear of being extradited outside the UK. These limits add up to real hardship.
My firm belief that Andrew should agree to be questioned as a witness is nothing to do with any punishment. For starters we don't know if he's done anything that warrants punishment and secondly, assisting those abused women to achieve justice is something Andrew should be very keen to do.

If he's done nothing wrong then he should have nothing to fear because he's a high profile man from a very powerful family. Nobody's going to spray him with mace, taser him or press their knee on his neck. All he has to do is answer questions as a witness about what he saw and heard when he was with Epstein and Maxwell or at their properties. He'll have 1st class lawyers with him so what is stopping him from helping those women?
Reply With Quote
  #3993  
Old 07-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
This scandal is too sleazy for words. The sooner Prince Andrew leaves public life the better.
Prince Andrew left public life on November 20, 2019.

"The terse, grammatically-challenged statement from HRH The Duke of York declaring his decision to withdraw from public life late on November 20 more specifically, his retreat from some 200 charities and attendant royal duties was a curiously revealing Royal Family bombshell in several ways.Nov 21, 2019"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/guymart.../#465c2ede3316
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3994  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,740
Exile from public life is not enough. If Maxwell provides testimony and evidence of Andrew's culpability he needs to answer for it. Stalling has already damaged the image of the BRF for perceptions on not making Andrew to face the music.
Reply With Quote
  #3995  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,326
Even if Maxwell "told all" about Andrew and perhaps even provided video tape of Andrew's encounter with Guiffre, it wouldn't be pertinent to the case filed in SDNY at this time against Maxwell.

Any other kind of "punishment" other that whatever has been done already would actually have to be based on Andrew committing a crime. To my knowledge, there aren't any allegations at this time of a criminal offense against Andrew.

Now if Virginia Guiffre were to file a civil suit against Andrew in the US, it would have to be proven that the allegation against Andrew is a crime in both the US and the UK and be punishable by at least one year in jail in order for the UK to extradite Andrew to the US for prosecution. That can get kind of tricky.

The main focus now is on Ghislaine Maxwell as it rightly should be. Nothing is going to be done to Andrew just because he's making the BRF look bad. There will have to be a conviction of something beyond a reasonable doubt for that to happen.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3996  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Exile from public life is not enough. If Maxwell provides testimony and evidence of Andrew's culpability he needs to answer for it. Stalling has already damaged the image of the BRF for perceptions on not making Andrew to face the music.


What stalling has been done? From Andrews own words hes offered to cooperate and these offers have been ignored. Whether thats true or not we wont know but its a lot of he said she said right now. Currently Andrew has nothing to face the music for legally, so the BRF is not on the wrong in any regard as far as I see.

-


However, Andrew is in the wrong for allowing this to happen, the man has no scruples.

https://twitter.com/queenviktoriah/s...398515712?s=21
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3997  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:59 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,740
The problem is others are starting to weigh in, choice or not

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-arrest.html

Andrew's mess may become a political football; but in the end this is not going away for the Windsors.
Reply With Quote
  #3998  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:20 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,196
Ghislaine strikes me as the sort of person who'll spill secrets to get on bail or an earlier release. It will be interesting to see how this'll pan out and if Andrew will be involved further.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #3999  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,326
Ghislaine Maxwell will not be granted bail. The reason stated is that she's an extreme flight risk. So that's a good thing. With the charges filed against her, I really don't believe that she'll even get remotely close to anything other than the sentencing to the full extent of the law and will spend the rest of her days in prison. Hope orange suits her.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #4000  
Old 07-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,078
I agree with you that Ms. Maxwell will not be granted bail for the exact reason you stated.

What I will never understand is why she didn't leave the U.S. immediately after Epstein was arrested?

I am happy she is behind bars where she belongs.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry bangladesh british british royals chittagong cht danish history diana princess of wales dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals family tree games haakon vii heraldry hereditary grand duchess stphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of orange-nassau imperial household intro israel jacobite japan jumma kids movie king willem-alexander list of rulers mailing maxima mbs monaco history nepalese royal jewels nobel 2019 norway history popularity prince charles of luxembourg prince daniel princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen maxima royal balls royal jewels royal marriage royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon spain speech spencer family swedish royal family taiwan thailand tracts unsubscribe videos visit from sweden wedding gown wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×