The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy (2010-2020)

This is big.

I do hope we don’t have any camera switch offs again.

Edit: really interesting that Ghislaine is referred to as a British socialite when other than growing up in Britain, she has little connection to the country. She was born in France, her mother was french and her father was Czechoslovakian by birth and gained British citizenship later in life.

She moved to the USA in 1991, and has subsequently been in the US for as long a time as she was in the U.K.

However her citizenship, I believe, is British and possible French depending on citizenship laws there. Not American.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This just in: Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-aide/2495762/

This is a bigger problem for the BRF than what's going on now. Now in custody Maxwell may rat on Andrew to save herself.
This is the best news I've heard all day so far!! Whatever happens with Maxwell, if she implicated Andrew in any way, shape or form, its totally on Andrew and if he couldn't sweat before, he most certainly may be sweating buckets now.

BTW: Its being reported from many news sources now so its not an isolated reporting.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Majesty

This is terrific news! I hope that when she goes to trial Ghislaine will tell all she knows of Epstein's 'operations' and about others who may be involved. I have to say that I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

I’ve been expecting she’d be arrested. Interesting that there’s a perjury count in the indictment.
I suspect Ghislaine Maxwell will choose to remain silent. I suppose she could choose to testify at trial, but I suspect she won’t.
She might have had a chance to cut a deal to help secure a conviction against Epstein, but w/ him out of the picture and w/ the perjury charge I doubt the Feds are interested in making a deal w/ her at present.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

I read Nigel Cawthorne's book "Prince Andrew, the end of the British monarchy and Epstein". The impression you get is how much the BRF is adapting to a changing world. Andrew grew up believing in unrealistic entitlements. Charles did as well but he learned important lessons from the experience of his first marriage, which changed him. Andrew has not been able to change his attitudes.

I think it would be best if Andrew is left to a remote private life with Fergie and completely disconnected from public affairs and official royal duties. Exiled on the Windsor estate like a Hanoverian Prince. He can keep his royal title etc as a totally private citizen. Maybe he could take up bee-keeping or become a vegetarian to keep himself occupied in some purposeful productive activity. He should not be subjected to legal questioning about the Epstein case and the threat of this should be enough to ensure he keeps his head down.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

This is great news, and it's going to be fascinating to watch what comes out of this. It also makes me wonder exactly how the FBI found her, if someone tipped them off, and who that person was.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delighted this vile woman has been caught. Andrew and others will be quaking in their boots.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Delighted this vile woman has been caught. Andrew and others will be quaking in their boots.

If they weren’t quaking for Jeffery they aren’t quaking for Ghislaine.

To arrest Ghislaine, they have enough evidence to do so on her crimes alone. She has two choices, take the sentencing (if she gets that far) or tell all in the hopes of reducing her sentence or getting a cushy deal and the FBI gets to land more big fish (Clinton, Trump and even Andrew).

Everybody who’s been involved in this whole sordid deal will have and be aware of a “plan”. It’s whether each part of the plan follows through.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

To arrest Ghislaine, they have enough evidence to do so on her crimes alone. She has two choices, take the sentencing (if she gets that far) or tell all in the hopes of reducing her sentence or getting a cushy deal and the FBI gets to land more big fish (Clinton, Trump and even Andrew).

Everybody who’s been involved in this whole sordid deal will have and be aware of a “plan”. It’s whether each part of the plan follows through.
I'm pretty sure they were quaking for Jeffrey but then he conveniently died and I'm sure a lot of them thought they were in the clear.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Why - Andrew and the other sold her out. And everyone can understand why.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

I can't wait for Gigi to do her Walk of Shame for her court appearance, sporting the latest in prison issue, accessorized with jailhouse jewelry (handcuffs) and her official portrait (mug shot) is released.

If Andrew sold her out the prosecution wouldn't be asking for him.

Gigi is charged with trafficking girls as young as 14. If Andrew touched a girl that young there's no cleaning that up.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

As Maxwell is being held in SDNY, most likely she's being held at the same facility that Epstein was. I sincerely hope they're alert enough now to keep a close, eagle eye on her as I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear is that Ghislaine Maxwell is dead. We definitely don't want that to happen.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
I read Nigel Cawthorne's book "Prince Andrew, the end of the British monarchy and Epstein". The impression you get is how much the BRF is adapting to a changing world. Andrew grew up believing in unrealistic entitlements. Charles did as well but he learned important lessons from the experience of his first marriage, which changed him. Andrew has not been able to change his attitudes.

I think it would be best if Andrew is left to a remote private life with Fergie and completely disconnected from public affairs and official royal duties. Exiled on the Windsor estate like a Hanoverian Prince. He can keep his royal title etc as a totally private citizen. Maybe he could take up bee-keeping or become a vegetarian to keep himself occupied in some purposeful productive activity. He should not be subjected to legal questioning about the Epstein case and the threat of this should be enough to ensure he keeps his head down.
I beg to differ. He most certainly should be questioned and should be pleased to do so in order to achieve justice for those abused women. Would you say the same if Princesses Beatrice or Eugenie had been groomed, abused and trafficked as teenagers? Should any friends of their abuser be excused being interviewed for information on the grounds they grew up privileged and entitled?
Old 07-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Aristocracy

CNN did mention Andrew and speaking with him and Buckingham Place.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As Maxwell is being held in SDNY, most likely she's being held at the same facility that Epstein was. I sincerely hope they're alert enough now to keep a close, eagle eye on her as I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear is that Ghislaine Maxwell is dead. We definitely don't want that to happen.
Correct. I want her to sing like a bird and every person; royal, political, sports star, billionaire, religious mutation and movie/tv entertainer to be arrested and found guilty to the fullest extent of the law. Throw them all in a army base under awful conditions. Would do my heart good to see them all destroyed. JMO
Old 07-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

The thing is that with this case, the only things that will be brought up in court are those charges against Maxwell and hopefully put her away for a very long time because of *her* crimes and that she is as guilty as Epstein was when it comes to using and abusing young girls.

She may sing like a canary and name drop a whole lot of people that are now sitting on the edge of their seats wondering what information they're going to get from Maxwell but I do believe that prosecuting any of these people would be an entirely different case and perhaps even in a totally different court of law. This case is about sexual exploitation and sex trafficking and enticing and grooming girls to do what they told them to do.

They, however, could be subpoenaed to attest to what they know of Maxwell's involvement in all of this really entails and that alone will put them in the limelight of center stage and it won't look good at all for them
Old 07-02-2020, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I beg to differ. He most certainly should be questioned and should be pleased to do so in order to achieve justice for those abused women. Would you say the same if Princesses Beatrice or Eugenie had been groomed, abused and trafficked as teenagers? Should any friends of their abuser be excused being interviewed for information on the grounds they grew up privileged and entitled?
I understand your point but Andrew's lawyers would be completely incompetent if they allowed Andrew to be interviewed by the authorities. There is no statute of limitations for many of these allegations. At least one witness has said that Andrew was with Virginia Roberts in the Virgin Islands, where the age of consent is 18. Even if Andrew were innocent, it would be very dangerous to cooperate. He's not the brightest bulb in the box and one mangled answer could be used as ammunition against him Requesting the UK waive his diplomatic immunity would be a legal and PR nightmare.

As Sndral said, it is hard to see how she can make a deal at this point (frankly, I am shocked it took this long to charge her). Trump partied with Epstein but there is no evidence that he was involved in any of these crimes. There is actually more evidence against Clinton (he flew on the private jet), but none of the girls have made any accusations against him.

However, there are other powerful, important people involved - not as famous as Trump, Clinton and Prince Andrew - but there could be diplomats and powerful business people who may be caught up if Maxwell has evidence, which I doubt.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Andrew banged on in that interview about how it was Ghislaine and not Jeffrey who was his friend as a way of trying to exonerate himself. He must now surely regret that.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Nobility

I don't see Prince Andrew "recovering" from this scandal. He's finished as a Public Servant.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I understand your point but Andrew's lawyers would be completely incompetent if they allowed Andrew to be interviewed by the authorities. There is no statute of limitations for many of these allegations. At least one witness has said that Andrew was with Virginia Roberts in the Virgin Islands, where the age of consent is 18. Even if Andrew were innocent, it would be very dangerous to cooperate. He's not the brightest bulb in the box and one mangled answer could be used as ammunition against him Requesting the UK waive his diplomatic immunity would be a legal and PR nightmare.

As Sndral said, it is hard to see how she can make a deal at this point (frankly, I am shocked it took this long to charge her). Trump partied with Epstein but there is no evidence that he was involved in any of these crimes. There is actually more evidence against Clinton (he flew on the private jet), but none of the girls have made any accusations against him.

However, there are other powerful, important people involved - not as famous as Trump, Clinton and Prince Andrew - but there could be diplomats and powerful business people who may be caught up if Maxwell has evidence, which I doubt.
It took so long to charge Maxwell because they actually had to find her first.

Actually, there was a lawsuit filed against both Trump and Epstein back in 2016 which Jane Doe's attorney, Lisa Bloom gave the reason of receiving threats. These are a few links that point out a bit of what still may be out there for a lot of people (Andrew included) that can be perceived as "evidence".

This is far from over.

The story:
https://www.courthousenews.com/trump...new-york-case/

The court documents filed with SDNY:
All Documents in the Doe v. Trump Lawsuits — The Memory Hole 2 (caution: not for the faint of heart)