The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Thanks for that. Is he guilty of a crime then or not? If so what is it? Is this a crime in the US but not the UK? Genuinely puzzled.

Is sleeping with someone who has been trafficked but doesn't make it known (& appears to willingly consent to the sex act) a crime in the US? Why has he not been arrested in the UK if he has broken the law?

Are his security culpable as well if they allowed a crime to take place? They are police officers after all.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although there are allegations made that Andrew slept with an underage girl, there are no criminal charges anywhere against him. Crimes and their statutes vary from country to country and state to state in the US and as far as I know, no evidence leads to Andrew committing a crime punishable by law anywhere.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although there are allegations made that Andrew slept with an underage girl, there are no criminal charges anywhere against him. Crimes and their statutes vary from country to country and state to state in the US and as far as I know, no evidence leads to Andrew committing a crime punishable by law anywhere.
I wasn't aware of these allegations. Where is this alleged to have happened & how old was the girl? It's not in the Netflix documentary.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
I wasn't aware of these allegations. Where is this alleged to have happened & how old was the girl?
Literally everything you're asking is in the article Osipi linked, so I'd recommend reading it, but in the shortest way possible, a woman named Virginia Giuffre (who is one of Epstein's victims) claims she slept with Prince Andrew three times, the first one in 2001, because Ghislaine Maxwell told her to. She's claiming the whole thing happened in Maxwell's house in London.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Literally everything you're asking is in the article Osipi linked, so I'd recommend reading it, but in the shortest way possible, a woman named Virginia Giuffre (who is one of Epstein's victims) claims she slept with Prince Andrew three times, the first one in 2001, because Ghislaine Maxwell told her to. She's claiming the whole thing happened in Maxwell's house in London.
I have read the article.

Where in the article does it say he slept with an underage girl? It says he slept with a 17 year old in London. The age of consent in the UK is 16.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:15 PM
Commoner

In 2001 she was 17 to 18 years old. Born August 9, 1983.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I have read the article.

Where in the article does it say he slept with an underage girl? It says he slept with a 17 year old in London. The age of consent in the UK is 16.
The age of consent is behind, I believe, the reason why the Metropolitan Police in the UK decided to scrap the allegations made by Virginia Roberts Guiffre. If you remember in the Netflix docuseries, Guiffre related her experience with Andrew and how he "sweated in buckets" at Tramps.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/uk/pr...gbr/index.html

None of these allegations actually point to Andrew "committing a crime". The real crime and the instigators of it were Epstein and Maxwell as Guiffre's "handlers" and telling her what she had to do.

None of this makes Andrew a "criminal".
Old 06-02-2020, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The age of consent is behind, I believe, the reason why the Metropolitan Police in the UK decided to scrap the allegations made by Virginia Roberts Guiffre. If you remember in the Netflix docuseries, Guiffre related her experience with Andrew and how he "sweated in buckets" at Tramps.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/uk/pr...gbr/index.html
Yes I do indeed. Yuk.

So he's not broken any law, at least not in the UK.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to UK law (I read about this months ago) her age is not the issue in this situation. A trafficked person cannot give consent even if she was 20. Ignorance of the law is not always going to save you either. Many a man has found this out.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
According to UK law (I read about this months ago) her age is not the issue in this situation. A trafficked person cannot give consent even if she was 20. Ignorance of the law is not always going to save you either. Many a man has found this out.

LaRae
So he has committed a crime in the UK. Why has he not been charged? That's outrageous.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So he has committed a crime in the UK. Why has he not been charged? That's outrageous.
I don't know ...not all people who commit crimes are charged. There may be legitimate reasons they've not done anything. In the US prosecutors often decide not to charge someone who may be guilty because they can't prove it or have enough evidence to persuade a jury of guilt.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy (2010-2020)

Quote:
What crime has he committed to be charged with?

Quote:
In the US prosecutors often decide not to charge someone who may be guilty because they can't prove it or have enough evidence to persuade a jury of guilt.

That doesn’t have anything to do with US Prosecutors deciding not to charge someone, it’s down to the fact you can’t simply charge someone and have a jury find them guilty with no evidence or not enough to proof it. No matter how much people think that individual is guilty of a crime.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

That doesn’t have anything to do with US Prosecutors deciding not to charge someone, it’s down to the fact you can’t simply charge someone and have a jury find them guilty with no evidence or not enough to proof it. No matter how much people think that individual is guilty of a crime.
Prosecutors typically don't bother to waste taxpayer funds on cases they aren't sure they can prove enough to get a conviction.

LaRae
Old 06-03-2020, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Prosecutors typically don't bother to waste taxpayer funds on cases they aren't sure they can prove enough to get a conviction.

LaRae

Well that makes absolutely perfect sense to me.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:

There is a big step between charging someone and "having a jury find them guilty ." Its quite possible for a prosecution service to believe there's a good case and have someone charged with a crime but they get off...
Old 06-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Nobility

The Queen heard enough...

I see it this way: Prince Andrew is in dire financial difficulties. Nevertheless he did not retire. He was sent into retirement! By whom? The queen has heard enough!
Old 06-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Majesty

What have his finacnail difficulties to do with retirement?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy (2010-2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What have his finacnail difficulties to do with retirement?
I’m assuming the poster believes Andrew gets some kind of financial recompense for “being a royal”. Therefore by being sent into retirement, it implies The Queen is “cutting him off”.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Post 3849 - "A trafficked person cannot give consent even if she was 20".

I get the point you & others have made about evidence.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Post 3849 - "A trafficked person cannot give consent even if she was 20".

I get the point you & others have made about evidence.

Then you see why I asked the question, it’s been eloquently put that if there was enough evidence for this crime having been committed, the person who committed it would have been arrested, found guilty and be in prison.

This will be the case until the “deadlock” has been broken, Andrew has not been charged officially with anything anywhere. I literally haven’t seen any new information about this since before his interview. Even the leaked stuff anonymous did over the weekend there wasn’t anything new that hadn’t already been brought to light.

I do wish that considering his position, the fact he has openly confirmed his association with that man. On that alone, he should have got more than a wrap on the knuckles and sent into retirement and I am one of the staunchest supporters of the BRF.