The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2020, 05:46 AM
Royal Highness

Finally, as it should be:
"The royal family has decided the Duke of York will retire from public life over his Jeffrey Epstein links"
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...box=1590894030

Old 05-31-2020, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
"The royal family has decided the Duke of York will retire from public life over his Jeffrey Epstein links"
And as some crazy news about this affair are just coming out right now, i hope it would be enough to protect the Crown from the upcoming wave.
Frankly, not sure about that ...

Old 05-31-2020, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

That link is not working....was it taken down?

LaRae
Old 05-31-2020, 07:47 AM
Royal Highness

Try this:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-now-rhg2trxb7
Old 05-31-2020, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness

I can't get to the link but I found other links. Looks like the queen pulled the plug on Andrew for good because the Firm won't be able to distance itself from Andrew's messes this time around. This should have been the weekend for Beatrice's wedding. House York is in deep(er) disgrace.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

I am unsure of this is reliable - it is from the Times but no other news agency appears to be following it.

Personally I feel that the monarchy did what any company would be - place the person on suspension until they did an investigation - so their lawyers went to America possibly spoke to the FBI saw that they had.
I also was shocked (horrified) at the blow back from this. Every single royal in Britain (and LA) has been affected by this scandal - they are all been painted with the same brush at the moment. So I would have expected a clear and blunt cut off.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

There seems to be some back and forth as whether or not the Duke is cooperating with the authorities.
Until he is fully exonerated from any wrong doing this whole mess will lurk over Andrew's head.

If Andrew is so confident about his innocence, he should work on expeditiously getting his name cleared so he can carry on.

The fact that this cooperation process is long and drawn out makes me suspicious that perhaps yes the Duke has something to hide.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
unsurprising, but still the right thing to do.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:54 PM
Courtier

The Netflix documentary is very disturbing to watch. So many influential people in the US seemed to have turned a blind eye to the crimes of this awful man. So many questions left unanswered.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
The Netflix documentary is very disturbing to watch. So many influential people in the US seemed to have turned a blind eye to the crimes of this awful man. So many questions left unanswered.
probably cause they were also involved....
Old 05-31-2020, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
There seems to be some back and forth as whether or not the Duke is cooperating with the authorities.
Until he is fully exonerated from any wrong doing this whole mess will lurk over Andrew's head.

If Andrew is so confident about his innocence, he should work on expeditiously getting his name cleared so he can carry on.

The fact that this cooperation process is long and drawn out makes me suspicious that perhaps yes the Duke has something to hide.

If he was confident about his innocence he should have cooperated with the FBI instead of going rogue and doing that interview thinking he can clear his name doing it that way. Then came out evidence that contradict all the things he said in that interview.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

The Netflix documentary shows how truly sinister and evil Epstein and those associated with him were.

Much as I would like to rely on "innocent till proven guilty" when it comes to the Duke of York, I cannot divorce my reaction to the documentary to his circumstances. He had so many chances to admit *something* and carefully take whatever position he could. But he denied everything when I feel the truth that, at the very least, he met her is undeniable.

I am appalled and do not care to see him return to public life.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For me, its not how much Andrew knew about what was going on or even if he was a willing participant with knowing or not knowing. What matters to me is the way Andrew confronted the situation and his arrogant and entitled *attitude* that showed the world exactly what kind of a man he really is.

Its very possible, as was pointed out in the Netflix series, that with Epstein being a master manipulator able to coerce anything from anybody with his charm and his good looks and his money that Andrew was totally oblivious to what was going around him and because who he was, he was *entitled* to "special treatment" and took it all in stride as his "due".

No one, including the British Royal Family, want to be represented by a man that, without fail, goes out of his way to assert his own innocence in the way Andrew did. With arrogance, entitlement, no remorse or compassion for others and refuses to even address the *real* issues surrounding Epstein and his cohorts.

It'll be hard to find an Andrew supporter outside of Fergie and his daughters when it comes to Andrew's character and, in my eyes, The BRF and the "Firm" have made the right move.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:00 PM
Courtier

I agree with all that. In addition it clearly shows the potential pitfalls for members of the royal family when it comes to the company they keep. They need to be especially wary of mixing with & accepting hospitality from the very wealthy.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree with all that. In addition it clearly shows the potential pitfalls for members of the royal family when it comes to the company they keep. They need to be especially wary of mixing with & accepting hospitality from the very wealthy.
You'd think that with all of the protection officers, staff members, advisors, etc. they would be able to easily steer clear of unsavory types and lawbreakers.

There has also been recent mention in the papers of a police file that contains the activity log for Prince Andrew's PPO on the night in question regarding Virginia Roberts in London. The police, from what I recall, have cited COVID guidelines as preventing the file from being released to some party that had been requesting the information.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-office.html

Perhaps senior Buckingham Palace officials know the contents of the file and are getting their ducks in a row.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
You'd think that with all of the protection officers, staff members, advisors, etc. they would be able to easily steer clear of unsavory types and lawbreakers.
I remember a quote from an anonymous RPO speaking in 1992 about Sarah's pool-side activities: "We are here to protect their lives, not their morals." That would also cover Harry's Las Vegas hijinks, Andrew's rovings, and any other peccadilloes of their royal charges. Unless their lives were in immediate danger, the RPOs were to stay out of the way.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:44 AM
Commoner

The only thing that I would fear for Andrew would be a suicide attempt if the accusations prove to be true. For some men they would shrug their shoulders if caught, but for someone in the royal family it might prove to be too much shame to over come.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:35 AM
Majesty

IMO Andrew would shrug off any proof that could be produced. His ego wouldn't all him to accept such evidence, and he would behave the same as always.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
There has also been recent mention in the papers of a police file that contains the activity log for Prince Andrew's PPO on the night in question regarding Virginia Roberts in London. The police, from what I recall, have cited COVID guidelines as preventing the file from being released to some party that had been requesting the information.

Perhaps senior Buckingham Palace officials know the contents of the file and are getting their ducks in a row.
They may well be. That said as far as I'm aware no one has accused the duke of doing anything illegal have they? Being a tone deaf liar yes but not actually guilty of a crime. I'm only going off what I know from the Netflix documentary. Am I wrong?
Old 06-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
They may well be. That said as far as I'm aware no one has accused the duke of doing anything illegal have they? Being a tone deaf liar yes but not actually guilty of a crime. I'm only going off what I know from the Netflix documentary. Am I wrong?
This article pretty much puts it all in a nutshell where Andrew is concerned.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation