The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3641  
Old 01-29-2020, 10:07 PM
Leopoldine's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I dont think that he's going to do that. He made such a mess of defending himself on TV, Im sure that the Royal advisers are nervous of what stupid things he might say to the FBI...even if he's not guity of anything...
besides, its pretty obvious that Andrew doesn't notice things that much He may well feel that he doesn't remember anything that might be helpful so its best not ot put himself into talking with a bunch of FBI agents. HIs arrogant attitude that he just expects there to be "people around him" and his rich friends, who are - servants, masseurs, asistants, dogsbodies … and he does not really see such people.. so he is not likely to come out with anything helpful.

"Helpful" -- for whom? He's a teeny bit of a loose cannon and can be very helpful to the opposition because of his blinkered arrogance. He is known for not taking advice from courtiers.

This is a shame, as he was such an inspiration when he was fighting for the UK in the Falklands and the most handsome man in England.

Maybe he agreed to an interview with Emily Maitlis to help boost Fergie with her new line of Duchess products.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3642  
Old 01-30-2020, 02:35 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,536
Looks like the Queen and Charles had another summit at Sandringham......they're getting used to this, lol (though actually it's kind of sad)

Quote:
THE Queen and Prince Charles held an emergency meeting to discuss scandal-hit Prince Andrew.

They took time out from royal estate business at Sandringham to chat about “family matters”.

A royal source said: “Both had hoped the Duke of York could perhaps be rehabilitated back into public life in time but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108512...prince-andrew/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3643  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:57 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,556
I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location

I'd love to see them try this on some of the great and good in the U.S. The lawsuits would be flying and indignant outrage would fill the headlines.

Basically I believe the have a large number of the top 5% might've, could've, should've, would've or perhaps maybe. "What" is the question they can't answer through either lack of diligence or lack of intelligence.

However, the rot does start from the top and they appear to be forgoing such trivialities as procedure and the law in an attempt to satisfy the sensibilities of those concerned.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #3644  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,430
One thing for sure is that if the federal investigation really did want to talk to Andrew about what he *may* know, going about it stating publicly that he's not "cooperating" and "ignoring requests" isn't going to make Andrew or his legal team eager to bounce into their office with information any time soon and spill the beans.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3645  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing for sure is that if the federal investigation really did want to talk to Andrew about what he *may* know, going about it stating publicly that he's not "cooperating" and "ignoring requests" isn't going to make Andrew or his legal team eager to bounce into their office with information any time soon and spill the beans.
Agreed.....again with the bull in the china shop. There's no reason to go public with this unless they're trying to put pressure on the BRF or others to somehow force Andrew to talk.......as if they can do that.
Reply With Quote
  #3646  
Old 02-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing for sure is that if the federal investigation really did want to talk to Andrew about what he *may* know, going about it stating publicly that he's not "cooperating" and "ignoring requests" isn't going to make Andrew or his legal team eager to bounce into their office with information any time soon and spill the beans.
This, if true, is another sick and sad thing about his role.
I hope they will do anything they can, but doubt it and compared to what would happen to a " nobody" this information spread now is a very little action, maybe to rise some smoke when there is no fire/ or interest to really put Andrew into the trouble he deserves!
Reply With Quote
  #3647  
Old 02-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location

I'd love to see them try this on some of the great and good in the U.S. The lawsuits would be flying and indignant outrage would fill the headlines.

Basically I believe the have a large number of the top 5% might've, could've, should've, would've or perhaps maybe. "What" is the question they can't answer through either lack of diligence or lack of intelligence.

However, the rot does start from the top and they appear to be forgoing such trivialities as procedure and the law in an attempt to satisfy the sensibilities of those concerned.
So you believe Andrew should be treated better?
It is a sad fact that abuse of children is a tabu in many societies, instead of helping the victims and stopping this crime, society turns them into feeling guilty.
This is disgusting.
Reply With Quote
  #3648  
Old 02-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
This, if true, is another sick and sad thing about his role.
I hope they will do anything they can, but doubt it and compared to what would happen to a " nobody" this information spread now is a very little action, maybe to rise some smoke when there is no fire/ or interest to really put Andrew into the trouble he deserves!
What trouble does he deserve? Being called into court about the allegations put against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre? If that was to happen, it would be a matter for a civil court and not any way connected to the federal investigation into sex trafficking.

There is absolutely no indication that Andrew is being looked at whatsoever for a federal or international level crime nor has he been accused or alleged to have a reason to be looked at for a crime at this kind of a level. The federal investigation is proceeding ahead to find and prosecute those that aided and abetted Epstein in his sex trafficking ring of underage girls. That's *not* Andrew.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3649  
Old 02-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit I am disgusted by the action of members of the Federal investigation into the Epstein affair. Giving interviews about Andrew's supposed worth to an investigation that will never go to trial. Making it seem like he he is a felon hiding from them from behind his name and location.
Has Prince Andrew not started this by declaring his will to co-operate with law enforcement?

Now the press was asking: And, does he? And then the Feds claimed, he is not answering their calls...

At least, if I remember it right...
Reply With Quote
  #3650  
Old 02-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Has Prince Andrew not started this by declaring his will to co-operate with law enforcement?

Now the press was asking: And, does he? And then the Feds claimed, he is not answering their calls...

At least, if I remember it right...
Andrew was indeed asked whether he would willing to help out in the investigation. He was clearly hesitant and uncomfortable and referred to the need to ask for legal advice (like any other person) but that he would be willing to do so IF his legal team ok-ed it. Apparently, his legal team advised him not to answer any questions (presumably because it might backfire as someone explained based on the by now well-known lecture).
Reply With Quote
  #3651  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,150
I looked up his exact words from the original interview:

I: "Would you be willing to testify or give a statement under oath if you were asked?"
DoY (all the while shaking his head): "Well, I'm like everybody else and I would have to ehm take all the legal advise ehm that there was before I was to to do that sort of of thing but if push came to shove and the leg (cough) the legal advice was to to do so than I would be dutybound to do so."

So, that doesn't really sound as if he was 'willing'; more like he would only do so if he had no other option...
Reply With Quote
  #3652  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I looked up his full words from the original interview:
I: "Would you be willing to testify or give a statement under oath if you were asked?"
DoY (all the why shaking is head): "Well, I'm like everybody else and I would have to ehm take all the legal advise ehm that there was before I was to to do that sort of of thing but if push came to shove and the leg (cough) the legal advice was to to do so than I would be dutybound to do so."

So, that doesn't really sound as if he was 'willing'; more like he would only do so if he had no other option...
After the interview Prince Andrew made a statement, in which he said this:
"Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required."
Reply With Quote
  #3653  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,744
As far as I see it SDNY is working its reputation on going after and taking down powerful people. The prosecutors don't care that Andrew is royal; they see him as a British national who may have knowledge or played a role in crimes against U.S. citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #3654  
Old 02-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,430
For me, I think the Fed's main interest in Andrew most likely is his connection and friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell. They're most likely more interested in finding Maxwell and prosecuting her than actually try and pin anything on Andrew.

As far as I'm aware, there's been no hint of Andrew committing any kind of a crime against U.S. citizens that the federal investigation would be looking at.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #3655  
Old 02-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
After the interview Prince Andrew made a statement, in which he said this:
"Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required."
Thanks!

The key word might be required... He didn't say requested...
Reply With Quote
  #3656  
Old 02-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Thanks!

The key word might be required... He didn't say requested...
If he gets an official request from the FBI, to his lawyers, and still stalls or refuses to go... that is one thing. But Im sure he is wary of talking to them and unless he can tell them where Ghislaine Maxwell is, he may not be much use to them.
Reply With Quote
  #3657  
Old 02-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If he gets an official request from the FBI, to his lawyers, and still stalls or refuses to go... that is one thing. But Im sure he is wary of talking to them and unless he can tell them where Ghislaine Maxwell is, he may not be much use to them.
Wouldn’t he be a direct witness of Maxwell’s position and duties in the Epstein ‘operation’. I’m sure he must know things that would help them build a case against her.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3658  
Old 02-02-2020, 04:00 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What trouble does he deserve? Being called into court about the allegations put against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre? If that was to happen, it would be a matter for a civil court and not any way connected to the federal investigation into sex trafficking.

There is absolutely no indication that Andrew is being looked at whatsoever for a federal or international level crime nor has he been accused or alleged to have a reason to be looked at for a crime at this kind of a level. The federal investigation is proceeding ahead to find and prosecute those that aided and abetted Epstein in his sex trafficking ring of underage girls. That's *not* Andrew.
Osipi, I thought you had seen the interview and recognised the truth behind his words.
Anybody ( and I do) who can read bodylanguage could very very easily see whats going on.
Reply With Quote
  #3659  
Old 02-02-2020, 04:08 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Wouldn’t he be a direct witness of Maxwell’s position and duties in the Epstein ‘operation’. I’m sure he must know things that would help them build a case against her.
It would depend how much time he spent with them or what he witnessed. He may well know things but I think careful questioning would be necessary - because Andrew is pretty stupid to get useful information out of him.
Reply With Quote
  #3660  
Old 02-02-2020, 04:15 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If he gets an official request from the FBI, to his lawyers, and still stalls or refuses to go... that is one thing. But Im sure he is wary of talking to them and unless he can tell them where Ghislaine Maxwell is, he may not be much use to them.
Last night I got deeper in all the details available and I can't see how Maxwell will ever go to court. She and her family have endless connections into politics and society, she is most probably in Israel who will protect her and there are too many persons who fear to get into trouble if she talked......
Disgusting,sad and unbelievable but to me it looks as if nothing was going to happen. When she gets bored of staying in one place, there are possibilities aswell, when you are connected to Mossad... nothing is impossible. And Maxwell suddenly dying from whatsoever is another possibility, like Epstein did, but that'll take some time, too.
Andrew can be happy, I think there is hardly danger for him, though he definitely lied in this TV interview and there is still Ms Giuffre who deserves her case recognised! I am not likely to make up prejudices but this time I do believe Andrew is guilty. Giuffre is not a Monica Lewinsky or...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication althorp anastasia anastasia once upon a time baby names bangladesh bridal gown chittagong cht clarence house diana princess of wales dragons dubai duke of cambridge earl of snowdon facts future general news thread hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill historical drama history hochberg hypothetical monarchs imperial household intro italian royal family jacobite japan jewellery jumma languages list of rulers mail mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten nepalese royal jewels northern ireland norway norway history palestine pless prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen louise queen mathilde random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family settings snowdon spencer family thailand thai royal family tracts uae customs wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×