The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't want to know what he is up to. I rather he stayed away for a while because it is needed. I also agree with the poster upthread who says the idea of him losing his HRH is silly. It is. He will lost his public role but he will always be Prince Andrew.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

It would be nice of Andrew if he thought of his mom, daughters and other family members if he went to church earlier and not cause a hot mess on xmas.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waika View Post
Osipi, you paint the best pictures. Imagine the noise from a helicopter hovering over the church, but Andrew squeezing through a bathroom window is the best. Are you an author by day and royal watcher by night?

Andrew is free to go to church with his family on Christmas morning. He has not been charged with a crime and certainly hasn't been convicted. We don't know if the F.B.I. is investigating him or even if they want to interview him.

His continued association with Epstein and Maxwell was wrong, and thanks to that horrible interview he is being punished. It may not seem like much to us, but to someone like Andrew, having organizations say they longer wished to be associated with him and his family agree with them has to sting.
He may feel humiliated but I dotn believe that he is really suffering. He has no idea that he's done anyting wrong.. and probably will just be sullen and annoyed that the charities and the public are disgusted with him...
And I suspect he does not care if he has to give up his charity work provided he sill has rich friends.. Some of them may shy away from him and he may have been warned that "deals" and making money from his associates is not on any longer but I bet he'll still do it...
Old 12-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He may feel humiliated but I dotn believe that he is really suffering. He has no idea that he's done anyting wrong.. and probably will just be sullen and annoyed that the charities and the public are disgusted with him...
And I suspect he does not care if he has to give up his charity work provided he sill has rich friends.. Some of them may shy away from him and he may have been warned that "deals" and making money from his associates is not on any longer but I bet he'll still do it...
I think you are probably right.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

The graceful thing to do, for his family at least (because I don't think Andrew feels bothered by what the public or media think) would be not to attend church on Christmas Day (or to do so without the public walk there at least) so as to keep HM and his daughters out of any more fuss over his own actions. The reality is no mother is going to refuse her son a trip to church but Andrew could have the good manners and respect for his mother to avoid putting her in an awkward situation. IMO if he attends its quite a selfish thing to do as it exposes all the other royals (including the children who usually attend) to the anger the public may feel towards Andrew and it makes them complicit in appearing to support him just because of their choice to simply attend church with the Queen as they usually do.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Right now he is worried about money. So is Sarah.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The graceful thing to do, for his family at least (because I don't think Andrew feels bothered by what the public or media think) would be not to attend church on Christmas Day (or to do so without the public walk there at least) so as to keep HM and his daughters out of any more fuss over his own actions. The reality is no mother is going to refuse her son a trip to church but Andrew could have the good manners and respect for his mother to avoid putting her in an awkward situation. IMO if he attends its quite a selfish thing to do as it exposes all the other royals (including the children who usually attend) to the anger the public may feel towards Andrew and it makes them complicit in appearing to support him just because of their choice to simply attend church with the Queen as they usually do.
of course he should not attend or go quietly and privately.. (or better still go away somewhere for Christmas this year_> But the queen could insist that he keeps his church attendance private so as not to embarrass her...
Old 12-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Courtier

The Andrew as favorite son trope … can that be traced to a quote anywhere, or even a hint of legitimacy?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
The Andrew as favorite son trope can that be traced to a quote anywhere, or even a hint of legitimacy?

Nope.
The same way the Charles wants a slimmed down monarchy rhetoric has never been proven in written word.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Andrew was a no show at the Grenadier Guards annual dinner

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...mments-7791315

This article implies he bailed on the dinner at the last minute. If Andrew was not going to attend he should have had the decency to inform them early on.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Hope Andrew walks to church with his family simply because some in here are sentencing him without conviction. He has already given up his charities but it will never be enough for some.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cret-firm.html

Prince Andrew riding out at Windsor as it's revealed he used pseudonym to set up secret firm with a sports tycoon who 'organised 2001 Thailand trip' during which Duke was spotted on yacht with topless women
I guess there is endless material to dig into ... lots of shady business dealings have been mentioned many years before when he was Airmiles Andy and the Special Representative job was created for him to give him something to do ... if the press is willing to dig deeper and deeper we will have years ahead of bad headlines concerning Andrew.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Hope Andrew walks to church with his family simply because some in here are sentencing him without conviction. He has already given up his charities but it will never be enough for some.
At least walking to church (or however else he gets there), he's heading in the right direction to a place where millions of people find a source of forgiveness and solace and compassion when they need it. Was going to state a quote. Something about throwing stones but it seems to escape me at the moment.

The mistakes, the foibles, the wrongdoings of other people bring out something in us that seem to define who we are as people.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
He only gave up his charities when pretty much forced to do so by the fact that they were all dropping him, in disgust. Just like he only expressed regret when he had done his interview, and it was no doubt pointed out to him that the public were disgusted that he had not shown any sympathy for the victims nor regret for his friendship with Epstein. Andrew has not convinced me that he has any remorse fro his behaviour and probably does not believe that he's done anyting wrong...
Old 12-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
At least walking to church (or however else he gets there), he's heading in the right direction to a place where millions of people find a source of forgiveness and solace and compassion when they need it. Was going to state a quote. Something about throwing stones but it seems to escape me at the moment.

The mistakes, the foibles, the wrongdoings of other people bring out something in us that seem to define who we are as people.

He does not make the impression of realizing he has done something wrong, morally or even committed a crime. Somebody said he's worried about money, I agree. Money and connections seem to be of utmost importance to him, as he justifies his friendship with Epstein in the interview with connections that come with money. Same goes for Sarah of course.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Prince Andrew riding out at Windsor as it's revealed he used pseudonym to set up secret firm with a sports tycoon who 'organised 2001 Thailand trip' during which Duke was spotted on yacht with topless women
I guess there is endless material to dig into ... lots of shady business dealings have been mentioned many years before when he was Airmiles Andy and the Special Representative job was created for him to give him something to do ... if the press is willing to dig deeper and deeper we will have years ahead of bad headlines concerning Andrew.
The word 'woman' looks in question in this yacht picture, as in so many others involving Andrew. The female in the black bikini bottoms looks very young, AGAIN! He seems to have been in thrall to a succession of rich creeps over the years but then I suppose most people gravitate towards like minded individuals.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm totally in agreement that Andrew, by showing his own character traits, has presented himself as arrogant, egocentric, elitist and quite a few other adjectives I could apply to his demeanor and therefore, cannot possibly see himself as doing something wrong or even being deserving of the criticism and the "punishment" that's being levied against him at this time.

As I've said before, pride goes before a fall and Andrew was standing at the edge of a cliff without a parachute or a bungee cord. Sometimes too, it takes drastic events such as Andrew has been going through to hit home to a person what needs to be learned in life. Its never too late to learn, change one's outlook on life and make changes.

Mistakes have been my greatest teacher in life and I count them as a blessing. I'm hoping Andrew will someday come to see it this way too but I'm not Andrew. However, I can feel compassion for the man. The storm he's going through right now is a pretty strong one and he needs all the love, compassion and guidance that he can find right now and I'm hoping he finds that in his family.

Maybe I'm just weird though. I kind of value my weirdness at times.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He does not make the impression of realizing he has done something wrong, morally or even committed a crime. Somebody said he's worried about money, I agree. Money and connections seem to be of utmost importance to him, as he justifies his friendship with Epstein in the interview with connections that come with money. Same goes for Sarah of course.
quite obvious. I cannot believe that Andrew is in the least bit remorseful or want to "make a new start".. He said so blatantly that he did not regret the friendship because it gave him connextions. THen when there was such bad reaction to his interview, he made a token attempt at claiming he felt sympathy for the victims... So
Old 12-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
quite obvious. I cannot believe that Andrew is in the least bit remorseful or want to "make a new start".. He said so blatantly that he did not regret the friendship because it gave him connextions. THen when there was such bad reaction to his interview, he made a token attempt at claiming he felt sympathy for the victims... So
I'll be totally honest here and state that I don't believe, for one minute, that Andrew composed those words of remorse and sympathy for the victims in the aftermath of the interview. I do believe someone else composed that statement for him and told him what he needed to say.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I thought when you have a title in the Uk, you can use any shortened form if you want it. Okay, the media explains that He is the Duke of York in England and the Earl of Inverness in Scotland, but I see no reason to call it a pseudonym if he uses the short form of his name in a way that allegedly is legal at least in Scotland.

Just think of His Lordship, the Marquess of Lothian. When Michael Kerr was born as the heir of his father, the then Marquess of Lothian, he by courtesy was named Earl of Ancram, though that was in fact still his father's title. When he became a lawyer first and then a member of parliament, he became known as Michael Ancram officially. When in 2004 his father died, Michael Ancram became The Marquess of Lothian, but stuck to being officially simply Michael Ancram (he has no son, so the title Earl of Ancram was still his to use) and only when he became a life peer in November 2010 as Baron Kerr of Monteviot he became a member of the House of Lords, now using his higest title as Marquess.

Sounds complicated but that's how you can use the parts of your titles that you want.

So I don't see why there is such a tamtam about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, HRH The Duke of York and Earl of Inverness, being known as Andrew Inverness.

It's exactly the same as The Marquess of Lothian sitting in parliament as Michael Ancram.