The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2019, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Proof please....
On this part I agree. No proof or Andrew would be in trouble with the law and legally charged, not just media hanging. It is getting to be mob mentality. Very dangerous. People's lives have been destroyed over certain false stories. I am not saying that Andrew was smart in keeping Epstein as a friend or that Fergie should EVER has taken money from him, but that does not mean he knew everything about Epstein's personal life. Hell Clintons and Oprah knew him a lot better but they are still lily pure, how come? Something still not quite right in all this.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
On this part I agree. No proof or Andrew would be in trouble with the law and legally charged, not just media hanging. It is getting to be mob mentality. Very dangerous. People's lives have been destroyed over certain false stories. I am not saying that Andrew was smart in keeping Epstein as a friend or that Fergie should EVER has taken money from him, but that does not mean he knew everything about Epstein's personal life. Hell Clintons and Oprah knew him a lot better but they are still lily pure, how come? Something still not quite right in all this.
It is indeed weird how the focus has been so much on Andrew and not on others. Of course there is a specific accusation against Andrew and the current focus on him is hugely enlarged by his own decision to do the interview; but still you would also expect a media storm around other 'rich and famous' than prince Andrew.

Old 11-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Well there is interest on Andrew because he was dumb enough to be seen in a private setting with him. Also we have the alleged victims personally calling him out. This has been going on for years but no one else was dumb enough to go on TV and blatantly lie.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Andrew’s rather clumsy attempts to minimize his friendship with Epstein by claiming that he wasn’t that close to him would backfire - there were just too many witnesses describing more visits than Andrew claimed in his interview, he was pictured vacationing with him in Thailand, etc.. Getting a massage from an adult isn’t illegal of course, but stories such as this one simply show that Ghislaine/Andrew/Epstein were closer than Andrew is trying to paint at present.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/28/ghisla...andrew-report/
And then there’s Victoria Hervey thinking of writing a tell all, she was 23 when she dated Andrew and not coerced. https://nypost.com/2019/11/28/prince...in-debauchery/
Old 11-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The interview actually resulted in more questions than clear up issues which, I think, was Andrew's intent in the first place. For all we know, he could have totally been telling the truth about his friendship with Epstein but to go on national TV and give the impression that there is lots more to the story than Andrew was willing to admit just points to not only bad decisions but also being very ill prepared for that face to face interview.

I could see Joe Public bumbling through those questions but Andrew has had a lifetime of being front and center and even making speeches so to see him so ill at ease and coming up with, as I see it, stupid answers that were easily disproved, so its hard to believe anything coming out of his mouth.

I think I've said it before and I'll say it again. "You can't fix stupid".
Old 11-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The interview actually resulted in more questions than clear up issues which, I think, was Andrew's intent in the first place. For all we know, he could have totally been telling the truth about his friendship with Epstein but to go on national TV and give the impression that there is lots more to the story than Andrew was willing to admit just points to not only bad decisions but also being very ill prepared for that face to face interview.

I could see Joe Public bumbling through those questions but Andrew has had a lifetime of being front and center and even making speeches so to see him so ill at ease and coming up with, as I see it, stupid answers that were easily disproved, so its hard to believe anything coming out of his mouth.

I think I've said it before and I'll say it again. "You can't fix stupid".
This was not stupid so much as disgraceful. He is a member of Britian's premier family.. and he hung around with a convicted criminal.. whose crime involved under age girls.. and prostitution. He lied repeatedly during that interview.. presumably because he thought that people watching him would believe what he said because he was so superior to them..
He showed no regrets for his friendship - he said so himself.. because he had found it useful to make connexions through this man.. and he showed no sympathy for Epstein's victims.. because he felt no sympathy...
Old 11-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Courtier

There isn't really a precedent for this. Members of the Royal Family have chosen to give up their royal duties for various reasons - health, choice of partner, etc - but this hasn't really happened before. The Hanoverians were always getting involved in scandals, but they didn't carry out modern-style royal duties. So no-one really knows how it works. Whilst he hasn't been found guilty of anything, and I wish the press would stop acting as if he had, he's brought the Royal Family into disrepute ... and the press are loving it because there's nothing else in the news at the moment apart from the election campaign.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I thought Andrew’s rather clumsy attempts to minimize his friendship with Epstein by claiming that he wasn’t that close to him would backfire - there were just too many witnesses describing more visits than Andrew claimed in his interview, he was pictured vacationing with him in Thailand, etc.. Getting a massage from an adult isn’t illegal of course, but stories such as this one simply show that Ghislaine/Andrew/Epstein were closer than Andrew is trying to paint at present.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/28/ghisla...andrew-report/
And then there’s Victoria Hervey thinking of writing a tell all, she was 23 when she dated Andrew and not coerced. https://nypost.com/2019/11/28/prince...in-debauchery/
I just watched an interview with Victoria Hervey she did with Good Morning Britain. She is good friends with Ghislaine and stayed at an apartment owned by Epstein in NY., but not his residence. She felt like she was being watched so moved to a friend’s place after a few days. Other than, she talked about attending a few dinner parties and meeting famous people, but not much else. She never saw or heard anything and was never hit on by Epstein. The only thing she said about Andrew is he would never go on national television unless he was 100% telling the truth, which is a completely ridiculous thing to say considering the lies he was caught telling. She also tried to downplay the charges against Epstein. So what is she going to write about? Knowing nothing, seeing nothing and how honest Andrew is? Sounds like a best seller.

Sorry, I’ll pass on that book.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:15 AM
Courtier

I assumed that Andrew meant that through Epstein he made useful contacts for support of many charitable affiliations and International business ideas he illuminated.
His interview showed a man who was not a polished communicator and someone who might be easily duped by a clever and boastful creep.

I don't think Andrew deserves to have his awards stripped unless he is found guilty of a crime. Otherwise the 'stripping of awards police' should suggest many people lose their awards for bad behaviour.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Andrew never saw or was aware of underaged girls coming and going while staying with Epstein.....

2010 - New York

https://youtu.be/Ah5cHepaHIc
Old 11-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Andrew never saw or was aware of underaged girls coming and going while staying with Epstein.....

2010 - New York

https://youtu.be/Ah5cHepaHIc

This video has been posted before, can anyone confirm who the woman is and her age? I assume it’s the blonde woman in the grey turtleneck we’re talking about.

In my opinion, she looks early 20s.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
This video has been posted before, can anyone confirm who the woman is and her age? I assume it’s the blonde woman in the grey turtleneck we’re talking about.

In my opinion, she looks early 20s.
Her name is Susan Hamblin and she is currently an Interior Designer in the UK. She went to Parsons School of Constructed Environment in NY from 2015 to 2017 according to her bio. This video was filmed in December 2010 during Andrews visit to “break up” with Epstein. She look much younger than in her 20’s IMO. There is no current age listed to know for sure.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Golf Foundation has dropped Prince Andrew as their Royal Patron:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LizzieITV...59243527970816

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Her name is Susan Hamblin and she is currently an Interior Designer in the UK. She went to Parsons School of Constructed Environment in NY from 2015 to 2017 according to her bio. This video was filmed in December 2010 during Andrews visit to “break up” with Epstein. She look much younger than in her 20’s IMO. There is no current age listed to know for sure.

So if the schooling age in the US is the same as the UK, to presumably start an undergraduate course at Parsons, she would have been 18/19 depending on what side of the school year her birthday fell. That would put her at 13/14 in 2010. Which IMO she definitely doesn’t look that young.

This is a photo of Ms Hamblin in 2016 leaving the Epstein mansion;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKGWsYVW...g&name=900x900

She certainly looks 20ish to me.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
So if the schooling age in the US is the same as the UK, to presumably start an undergraduate course at Parsons, she would have been 18/19 depending on what side of the school year her birthday fell. That would put her at 13/14 in 2010. Which IMO she definitely doesn’t look that young.

This is a photo of Ms Hamblin in 2016 leaving the Epstein mansion;
https://twitter.com/txtrumpette89/st...554174464?s=21

She certainly looks 20ish to me.
I believe she is a UK citizen. She looks older in the other pics on line of her, but they were taken later than 2010. In the video she definitely looks very young to me. There isn't any additional information as to how she knew Epstein or how long that alliance went on for. If she is from the UK, perhaps she met him through Maxwell and was brought to the US. Epstein was known for paying for schooling in trade for sex or recruitment (or both). Hard to say since she isn't one of the girls to come forward with info. No idea if she is of interest by authorities in the US. I think it's an overwhelming task to find and question all the girls that were part of Epstein's sordid world.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

I do hope this controversy doesn't ruin the wedding day of HRH Princess Bea of York. I of course feel so bad for the victims I truly do but I do truly also hope that HRH Princess Bea's wedding day will be the Bridal Couple's Day To Shine and not ruined by this controversy when her father walks her down the aisle.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Majesty

It will certainly be affected by Andrew's behaviour. She is nto likely ot have a public wedding, and that's on Andrew. Other young women have suffered in this situation....
Old 11-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It is indeed weird how the focus has been so much on Andrew and not on others. Of course there is a specific accusation against Andrew and the current focus on him is hugely enlarged by his own decision to do the interview; but still you would also expect a media storm around other 'rich and famous' than prince Andrew.

Yes, you're right. Virginia Giuffre has named several other prominent men she says she was forced to have sex with. I think there's a media storm around Andrew because (1) he's a member of the BRF and (2) he renewed media interest with his interview which raised even more questions.

In addition, several people who were photographed or videotaped coming & going from Epstein's New York mansion, even after is conviction, have been identified, some as recently as 2016 (it's obvious Andrew wasn't his only post-conviction visitor). The identified women have not come forward to say they were victims of sex trafficking or to explain their connection with Epstein.

I suspect its possible Epstein mixed trafficked women with other women who weren't trafficked and weren't even aware he was engaged in that kind of activity. It's also possible he was much more cautious following his conviction.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

According to an article in today's Times both Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan Police are operating with the FBI in connection with the Epstein investigation.

The article also discusses why Scotland Yard and the Met decided not to pursue the 2015 complaint: "it was clear that any investigation into human trafficking would be largely focused on activities and relationships outside the UK. We concluded that the MPS was not the appropriate authority to conduct inquiries in these circumstances and, in November 2016, a decision was made that this matter would not proceed to a full criminal investigation.”

A similar article was published in today's Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
Old 11-29-2019, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
In hindsight absolutely, but is it confirmed that they both approved it? If so I have to wonder what the6 were told as to the full extent of the interview.
Who would have approved of the interview first: Queen Elizabeth II or Prince Charles?