The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Not surprising about Andrew's patronages. At this point it is better he just walk away instead of them all removing him one by one.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Not surprising about Andrew's patronages. At this point it is better he just walk away instead of them all removing him one by one.
Its kind of like ripping off a bandage in one, fast, fell swoop than to inch that bandage off bit by bit and going "ouchOuchOUCH!" for an extended period of time.

This means that Andrew is not only "retired" from the family "Firm" but also totally from *any* kind of royal duties and engagements. He may still decide to be involved with Pitch but it won't be as a "royal" or a "patron" but may continue to be "involved" on some level. We most certainly will not see much of Andrew in the Court Circular anymore.

Whatever he does do though will have to be funded out of his own pocket or with an allowance from the Queen's private income. How much the Queen decides that she's going to float Andrew in the future, we'll never know as that's private.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:18 PM
Aristocracy

Andrew's website now out of date.

https://thedukeofyork.org/about-the-duke/
Old 11-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully it will be closed down soon. The BRF website pages for Andrew has "these pages will be updated soon" under a link to his statement.

I never understood why Andrew needed his own website and now there really is no need.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeonie View Post
You have no clue what the FBI or the Met Police have found regarding Andrew. and neither do it, but the FBI want to question him so they have something to ask him. They aren't going to just listen to him talk. Also, most people who saw Andrew's interview and heard the lies he told know he is as guilty as sin to say nothing of being a laughingstock, apparently to everyone but you.

I mean it’s quite clear they have no evidence Andrew committed any crimes else we’d know about it because Andrew would have been charged with a crime. The Met upon investigation found nothing of note. The FBI want to talk to him, grand, but he is not being questioned or arrested or any crime so ??

Please don’t generalise and day “most people” when you have no idea how many people. You’re again stating your opinion as fact, you believe Andrew lied. I don’t.

In regards to your last point, you just have to read back over this forum to discover I’m not the only one who thinks Andrew isn’t guilty. Along with the US and UK law enforcement.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Absolutely! There's a whole world of difference when a man is tried and convicted of a crime in a court of law and being tried and convicted in the court of popular opinion.

The law says innocent until proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, guilty. Popular opinion will have someone drawn and quartered and dismembered and poisoned because popular opinion *thinks* he's guilty without looking for evidence or even taking reasonable doubt into consideration.

As for the interview, I can't say that he lied and I can't say he told the truth. He skirted around things so badly that he appeared to be bumbling and pulling rabbits out of non existent hats. Stupidity and a bad memory isn't a crime last I heard.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that is up to the Metropolitan Police to decide if Andrew should have protection or needs protection and that it should be funded by taxpayers. Somehow I get the feeling the taxpayers would feel disgruntled about it at this time.

What we do know is that Andrew's daughters, being private citizens, have protection but it is paid for out of Andrew's pocket. Its possible that if Andrew is deemed a "private citizen" now, he'll also have to float his own security.
I actually think that Andrew and his daughters need the security now more then ever - There are a lot of sick people out there that have access to weapons. To be honest I would increase security on Anne and Edward as well - to the palace people reading this post. Most people think Edward and Andrew are the same person.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I actually think that Andrew and his daughters need the security now more then ever - There are a lot of sick people out there that have access to weapons. To be honest I would increase security on Anne and Edward as well - to the palace people reading this post. Most people think Edward and Andrew are the same person.
That is why I stated that it would be up to the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard to determine if Andrew needs protecting. They know what they're doing and they know what the risk levels are and determine the level of protection necessary. The Palace or the royals themselves have no say it in whatsoever. Its a common misconception that the royal protection officers work for and are answerable to the royals themselves. They aren't. The RPOs are answerable to their superiors at Met Police/Scotland Yard and it is there their paychecks come from and paid for by the British taxpayer.

I do agree though that Andrew's need of protection now is probably higher than its ever probably has been but that's not for him or the BRF to decide.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Andrew is a liar especially when .5 seconds after he opened his mouth about ties and sweating there were pictures proving the opposite. I just think think he is so arrogant that he doesn't think people will fact check him. Even the description of the picture being upstairs was highly questionable.

That said, it is correct he is not charged with anything. That is not to say they don't suspect him but just that they have no solid proof one way or another. Also Andrew hasn't officially stepped down from his patronages yet according to Buckingham Palace. So we will likely continue to see this slow drip of them terminating their association.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
They dont always have protection officers, there is a video of Beatrice at an airport there were reporters around her asking questions as she was leaving and she didnt have no one at her side.
sprry off topic.

I wouldnt be surprised if the girls have nothing for thier inhertience as there was rumors of Fergie dipping into thier trust funds.

Agreed Andrew should be held accounttable for his actions not his daughters.

I'm surprised if the comments were of Pro Beatrice, but good to hear. I dont like clicking DM articles. I also agree that the DM, it’s not a reliable source, for the most part. I would believe it more if Beatrice name was attached to the interview more before this , but it wasn’t, in fact it was reported that it was Andrew’s doing before this, when in doubt the media likes to throw his daughters under the bus, the media is certainly on overdrive trying to sell clicks and what not.
Edo is quite wealthy himself and Jack is not doing bad either. Both Beatrice and Eugenie should be fine even if they can’t rely on their trust funds.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You have no clue what the FBI or the Met Police have found regarding Andrew. and neither do it, but the FBI want to question him so they have something to ask him. They aren't going to just listen to him talk. Also, most people who saw Andrew's interview and heard the lies he told know he is as guilty as sin to say nothing of being a laughingstock, apparently to everyone but you.

According to an article published in yesterday's Sunday Times, the FBI is interested in interviewing Andrew about his friendship with Epstein. The article quotes a U.S. Dept. of Justice source: "If he agrees to an interview, he could potentially provide some very unique and helpful insights and make a considerable difference to the investigation.”

In other words, the FBI isn't interested in questioning Andrew as a suspect, at least now. They want to see if he has information that will help them with their investigation.

In addition to Andrew, Virginia Giuffre has stated she was forced into sex with several other prominent men, all of whom have vehemently denied her claims. Some have also stated they've never even met her. So unfortunately we're left with she said/he said.

Of course this may change if new evidence is uncovered during the Epstein investigation.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if the girls have nothing for thier inhertience as there was rumors of Fergie dipping into thier trust funds.
I don't know about Britain but in the U.S. a trust fund set up for a minor cannot be "dipped into" by anyone without the consent of a court appointed executor. And the only reason would be to support the child, which, in the case of Bea and Eugenie would be ridiculous since their father was already supporting them. Also, I would hope the Queen Mother had enough sense to make sure Fergie was not able to get any money from that trust. I'm sure she knew exactly how awful Fergie was.

On the other hand, after the girls came of age they might have voluntarily given their mother money since that idiot always seem to be in debt and would do anything for money, even use the love of her daughters to get money from them.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of posts that included comments about Michael Flynn, impeachment of Trump, Hillary Clinton and US politics have been deleted as they were off-topic. Let’s stick to discussing Prince Andrew, please.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

From an article I read, the girls received some money on their 21st birthdays and will receive the rest on their 40th birthdays. So , unless they gave Sarah the money there would be no way she could touch it. I think just another rumor by people who don't like Sarah.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Reading through this thread it is obvious that:

1) Andrew Windsor should be a social pariah in the elite circles he frequents

and

2) He will never be a pariah in those circles because he is not just a member of the BRF, he is the son of the beloved Queen of England

His moral sins are many but any actual crimes he may have committed remain to be proven.

He remains, to me at least, one of the least interesting royal personages on the planet---but boy, does he grab the headlines.

Please retire from public life, Andrew.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I think Andrew is a liar especially when .5 seconds after he opened his mouth about ties and sweating there were pictures proving the opposite. I just think think he is so arrogant that he doesn't think people will fact check him. Even the description of the picture being upstairs was highly questionable.

That said, it is correct he is not charged with anything. That is not to say they don't suspect him but just that they have no solid proof one way or another. Also Andrew hasn't officially stepped down from his patronages yet according to Buckingham Palace. So we will likely continue to see this slow drip of them terminating their association.
Agree.. I believe he has stepped down but it has taken him far too long to do so.. but yes I think he is so stupid and arrogant that he says things and does not realise how stupid or improbable they sound and thinks that because he is A prince no one will contradict him.. Like the "I was taking Beatrice to Pizza Express".. which he could easily have done and still gone to London to the nightclub...
Old 11-25-2019, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
Reading through this thread it is obvious that:

1) Andrew Windsor should be a social pariah in the elite circles he frequents

and

2) He will never be a pariah in those circles because he is not just a member of the BRF, he is the son of the beloved Queen of England

His moral sins are many but any actual crimes he may have committed remain to be proven.

He remains, to me at least, one of the least interesting royal personages on the planet---but boy, does he grab the headlines.

Please retire from public life, Andrew.
You're right - being the so-called "favourite" son of the beloved Queen of England has given him a certain amount of kudos for many years, but this cannot last for many more years.
Before too long, he will be the unwelcome brother of King Charles III, and then the disliked uncle of King William V, so it looks like it's all downhill for Andrew from now on, in Royal circles at least.
Which to me seems like a good thing for the future of the Royal Family.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Personally, i find that both Andrew and Sarah F. to be completley despicable human beings. They have been a blight and on the Royal Family for years and need to be held completely accountable for the messes and scandals they create. There seems to be no end of it with these two.

I don't for a moment believe that Andrew was not aware of what Epstein was doing with these girls and that he had no part of it. He is up to his neck with this mess and is arrogant enough to think he could just swat the issue aside and carry on with his sordid life. Can't stand this man...
Old 11-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't know about Britain but in the U.S. a trust fund set up for a minor cannot be "dipped into" by anyone without the consent of a court appointed executor. And the only reason would be to support the child, which, in the case of Bea and Eugenie would be ridiculous since their father was already supporting them. Also, I would hope the Queen Mother had enough sense to make sure Fergie was not able to get any money from that trust. I'm sure she knew exactly how awful Fergie was.

On the other hand, after the girls came of age they might have voluntarily given their mother money since that idiot always seem to be in debt and would do anything for money, even use the love of her daughters to get money from them.

If my memory is accurate, I seem to remember a television interview where Fergie mentioned that she needed to use her daughters' trust funds to cover living expenses!
Does anyone else recall that?
Old 11-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is there a specific point in time when William began to dislike Andrew(if it's true he does)?

As a child he seemed very fond of him, very affectionate. I remember the sweet video ofhim running up to Andrew for a hug during the 1986 Andrew/Fergie wedding.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968