The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2019, 03:16 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The moderating team has made the decision to remove the link and responses to the article in The Spectator on this topic.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Before Prince Andrew resigns from any patronages, could Queen Elizabeth II assign Princess Eugenie to take over some of the patronages' royal duties?
The patronages are not 'royal duties'. They aren't reserved for working royals. Both Beatrice and Eugenie are 'royal patrons' for a dozen or so patronages. Beatrice for example is already patron to English National ballet school, her father is patron of the ballet itself. It would make sense for her to take over as she is already connected. She is a trustee to outward bound which her father is patron of, again an easy transition.

I am not sure why only Eugenie would be given some.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Prince Andrew, by way of being the Queen's son, has always had doors opened for him and by his nature, seems to have taken advantage of this perhaps more than his brothers and sister have. Even privately now, some of these doors may close in his face and friends and venues previously welcoming him may be afraid of the association. I don't think it's a matter for him to live the same life simply without royal engagements and patronages. I do think his life will be vastly different, at least for a considerable time. This is even without any further allegations or legal action against him.
Andrew will continue to be royal and have the word Prince in front of his name, so he will always be a desirable commodity even though the circumstances have changed slightly.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Serene Highness

i know it was mentioned earlier- but how difficult is it comparatively to remove an HRH, Prince Title or a Royal dukedom, Privy councilor membership, garter knight honour and other subsidiary titles. Not that I am suggesting or thinking this will happen - just curious?
Old 11-22-2019, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
i know it was mentioned earlier- but how difficult is it comparatively to remove an HRH, Prince Title or a Royal dukedom, Privy councilor membership, garter knight honour and other subsidiary titles. Not that I am suggesting or thinking this will happen - just curious?
The titles of HRH and Prince(ss) are determined by custom and by the expressed will of the sovereign, who is able to overrule custom.

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/bri...e_highness.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I'm shocked at the suggestion gets a cut from any success from pitch@palace personally. I would think, and like to hope, that any cut goes back to the organisation rather than Andrew personally.
The linked article quoted an unnamed source from Pitch@Palace who stated that the clause has never been invoked but, if it were, the cut would go to the organization to fund its operations.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

So Andrew and HMQ were spotted going out horse riding today. I interesting timing of that photo op. So very fascinating how all of this is happening.

Anyways Virginia Robert’s interview airs Dec 2
Old 11-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Pitch@Palace can still be called Pitch@Palace now. And can it still be held at St. James' Palace? Would that be considered bad optics for someone who has 'withdrawn from public life'?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
Andrew will continue to be royal and have the word Prince in front of his name, so he will always be a desirable commodity even though the circumstances have changed slightly.
Of course he will continue to be royal, but I dispute both your assertions that he will always be a desirable commodity and that the circumstances have changed slightly - they've changed a great deal in fact.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So Andrew and HMQ were spotted going out horse riding today. I interesting timing of that photo op. So very fascinating how all of this is happening.

Anyways Virginia Robert’s interview airs Dec 2
I think the message is pretty clear. The Duke of York is in public disgrace, and his mother was forced to act.

But privately she is in his corner as always.

HMQ is very skilled at this type of messaging. Always has been.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Of course he will continue to be royal, but I dispute both your assertions that he will always be a desirable commodity and that the circumstances have changed slightly - they've changed a great deal in fact.
He certainly is not a desirable commodity.. and I hope he will not manage to get back to "royal duties". and indeed charities and so on simply do not want to be seen with him..
Old 11-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think the message is pretty clear. The Duke of York is in public disgrace, and his mother was forced to act.

But privately she is in his corner as always.

HMQ is very skilled at this type of messaging. Always has been.
Not sure how skilled this display is but she definitely sent a message.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

According to The Telegraph, Prince Andrew has now stepped down from any direct involvement with Pitch@Palace, now to be known simply as Pitch, and the 2% clause has been removed:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...chpalace-role/

Has anyone seen any other confirmation of this? I'm wondering how reliable this report is.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Not sure how skilled this display is but she definitely sent a message.
Not a good one. She sould have known ages ago that Andrew could not continue in his royal role.. and certainly not after his disastrous interview. If she wants to see him in private that's one thing but he has had to be back benched.. and IMO she should not be "sending out signals" that he's still got her backing...
Old 11-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Not a good one. She sould have known ages ago that Andrew could not continue in his royal role.. and certainly not after his disastrous interview. If she wants to see him in private that's one thing but he has had to be back benched.. and IMO she should not be "sending out signals" that he's still got her backing...
I have to disagree. As ugly and gross as Andrew's actions and words have been, the Queen is still his mum and she loves him. They're out riding together and mother and son, not as Queen and disgraced Prince, and she shouldn't have to jump through hoops to find private moments where she can express her love and support when he needs it most.

I am surprised that the Queen approved his interview; she's so sharp and tuned in to everything, so how did she not see that this could only be a disaster for Andrew and the BRF?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I have to disagree. As ugly and gross as Andrew's actions and words have been, the Queen is still his mum and she loves him. They're out riding together and mother and son, not as Queen and disgraced Prince, and she shouldn't have to jump through hoops to find private moments where she can express her love and support when he needs it most.

I am surprised that the Queen approved his interview; she's so sharp and tuned in to everything, so how did she not see that this could only be a disaster for Andrew and the BRF?
He doesn't need "love and support". He clearly only gave up on the royal duties after stern representation from the queen and probably Charles.. and he clearly is very slow to realise when he has doen wrong...
Old 11-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He doesn't need "love and support". He clearly only gave up on the royal duties after stern representation from the queen and probably Charles.. and he clearly is very slow to realise when he has doen wrong...

I don't see what the bolded parts have to do with anything. Andrew brought this all on himself - and sadly the BRF - by his willfulness, his sense of entitlement, and probably his notion that he was "teflon", that nothing could touch him. That's not in question. I just can't go as far as saying he doesn't need love - he's a human being, of course he needs love. I just can not support the idea of Andrew's family shunning him. They can be angry with him - furious, actually - without abandoning him not as a Prince, but as a son, brother and father.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew will never face the full consequences of any errant behavior while HMQ is alive and on the throne.

As indignant as that makes some people, that is simply the way it is.

But after she is gone...to paraphrase Louis XIV...it's another matter.

Apres la reine, le deluge.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-22-2019, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

She had no idea what he was going to say, and the Queen doesn't have superpowers (although some people almost treat her as though she does!) She is sharp, but she also tends to follow advice and she was probably advised that Andrew would just be clearing his name in a short interview.

It wasn't the interview that was the problem, it was how Andrew came across in the interview that made it a PR disaster.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
She had no idea what he was going to say, and the Queen doesn't have superpowers (although some people almost treat her as though she does!) She is sharp, but she also tends to follow advice and she was probably advised that Andrew would just be clearing his name in a short interview.

It wasn't the interview that was the problem, it was how Andrew came across in the interview that made it a PR disaster.
No, of course she didn't......good points, and that's true about the interview.

I feel sorry for the Queen that she's got to deal with this at her age, and that she can't even be with her husband on their anniversary (though I guess she wouldn't have been anyway as she was working). I can imagine Charles is a big help to her...even from thousands of miles away.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Barclay's has pulled support for Pitch program....Also Andrew has resigned from the Royal Ballet (patron).

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is one of the latest to announce it is parting company with him.

LaRae