The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Looks like one sponsor has already declined to continue association with Andrew

.https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak/sta...XS5LZeZGhiSINc

Sky News understands accountancy firm KPMG has not renewed its sponsorship of the Duke of York's Pitch@Palace initiative with the company saying it "made the decision following adverse press scrutiny around Prince Andrew"
Another article -
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...torship-scheme
It has seemed very bad optics to me that Andrew focused so heavily on ‘enabling young people to connect with the rich and powerful’ in his pitch at the palace scheme following his removal as trade ambassador. If the intent following the Trade removal was for him to rebrand himself, why let him focus on the very demographic Epstein targeted? I’m not suggesting any inappropriate conduct by Andrew - it just seems so clueless, wouldn’t adult veteran causes have been a more logical and less controversial choice under the circumstances?
And another controversy: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...lated_articles
This one about racist remarks.
I wonder how much more will surface. Palace sources have denied the story, saying Andrew wouldn’t speak like that, so I guess Andrew’s position is that this guy is lying just like Virginia.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well the interview kinda proved he is very much lacking the ability to make good judgements.

LaRae

Old 11-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Gentry

The U.S. Congress is also jumping into the mess. They want to question ABC executives about the leaked Amy Robach video.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jeffre...blicans-letter
Old 11-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Sky News understands accountancy firm KPMG has not renewed its sponsorship of the Duke of York's Pitch@Palace initiative with the company saying it "made the decision following adverse press scrutiny around Prince Andrew"
One down. How many more to follow? This is the serious kind of repercussions that harms everything that Andrew has tried to do. When his character comes under the microscope and is found wanting, association with the man becomes less and less desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Another article -
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...torship-scheme
It has seemed very bad optics to me that Andrew focused so heavily on ‘enabling young people to connect with the rich and powerful’ in his pitch at the palace scheme following his removal as trade ambassador. If the intent following the Trade removal was for him to rebrand himself, why let him focus on the very demographic Epstein targeted? I’m not suggesting any inappropriate conduct by Andrew - it just seems so clueless, wouldn’t adult veteran causes have been a more logical and less controversial choice under the circumstances?
In a way, I believe Andrew was zeroing in on what he deemed important to himself and worthy of passing on to young entrepreneurs to get ahead in their lives. Establishing connections and networking skills and the skills to "schmooze" and make deals are good traits to have if they are done right and for the right reasons. If Andrew actually is impressed by money and power and status as he seems to be, it would be that which he felt should be passed on to the up and coming youth of today. So, in this respect, I can see where Andrew really did try and do good with his Pitch@Palace scheme.

Unfortunately, I think the scheme is going to suffer because of Andrew's poor choices. That's a shame because Pitch@Palace was really starting to take hold and make a difference.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

He better turn them over to his girls and/or other members of the family and go lay low before the floodgates open.

LaRae
Old 11-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
He better turn them over to his girls and/or other members of the family and go lay low before the floodgates open.

LaRae
Wouldn't he first have to realize just how bad he looked and sounded in that interview? By all accounts I've seen, he thinks he's aced it and everything is "taken care of".
Old 11-18-2019, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The Daily Fails says the Queen back's Andrew.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...interview.html
She has to, so has the court. - Officially.

Not backing Andrew at this stage would be sensational!

I will not put any blame on QEII for this horrible interview.
I can well imagine her advisors cautioning against this interview. And I can well imagine Andrew telling his mother: "I got this one. Piece of cake. No need to worry." - So who can blame a mother for trusting her son? And give her OK, despite warnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Wouldn't he first have to realize just how bad he looked and sounded in that interview? By all accounts I've seen, he thinks he's aced it and everything is "taken care of".
Obviously they didn't do a trial-run, as any reasonably competent PR advisor would have insisted on before going public with such an interview.
Had this been a trial run and Andrew had watched a video of himself, I wonder if he wouldn't have dropped the whole idea on the spot!
Old 11-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If he were that perceptive he wouldn't of done the interview to begin with...

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
She has to, so has the court. - Officially.

Not backing Andrew at this stage would be sensational!

I will not put any blame on QEII for this horrible interview.
I can well imagine her advisors cautioning against this interview. And I can well imagine Andrew telling his mother: "I got this one. Piece of cake. No need to worry." - So who can blame a mother for trusting her son? And give her OK, despite warnings.

Not at all the Queen's fault. Andrew is a almost 60 year old man. This is all on him. HIS actions started this whole mess and he just made it worse ...I think a good many people were really unsure about it all ...but he made himself look so bad they've shifted from the middle ground to the 'he's an arrogant entitled wanker' side.

LaRae
Old 11-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It appears a second organization is backing away from him as well.

Per ITV News

And another sponsor of @pitchatpalace goes a bit wobbly: @AstraZeneca says “Our three year partnership with pitch@palace is due to expire at the end of this year and is currently being reviewed.”

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...93714652307458

I am sure more to come. You can't go on TV and said you have no regrets being friends with a convicted pedophile and sex trafficker and expect business to go on as usual.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Not at all the Queen's fault. Andrew is a almost 60 year old man. This is all on him. HIS actions started this whole mess and he just made it worse ...I think a good many people were really unsure about it all ...but he made himself look so bad they've shifted from the middle ground to the 'he's an arrogant entitled wanker' side.

LaRae

Thank you! Well said.

Quote:

Just a note on KPMG, their contract was up for renewal in October 19, and then chose not to renew.
This is not new information.

It’s truly unfortunate Pitch@Palace will suffer, it should be given to another royal.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

So why can't the police interview Andrews royal protection officer who should be able to corraborate his version of events.
Also Epsteins household staff should be interviewed to set the record straight.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Obviously they didn't do a trial-run, as any reasonably competent PR advisor would have insisted on before going public with such an interview.
Had this been a trial run and Andrew had watched a video of himself, I wonder if he wouldn't have dropped the whole idea on the spot!
Which is ironic because Matlis did several trial runs of her side of the interview with a producer standing in for Andrew.

This whole mess has shown that all along Andrew thought the problem was only being pictured with Epstein in 2010, in effect the issue in his eyes was getting caught. The fact he would be friends with Epstein and happily stay at his houses because it was "convenient" for Andrew is something in his opinion we shouldn't have a say or comment on or be an issue at all. That is where the big disconnect comes in here, the interview was never going to go well because Andrew didn't see the same issues and concerns as we had.

I doubt the Queen approved of it in the sense of having anything to do with it, the Guardian and Telegraph have both reported The Queen and her aides were informed just before the interview took place, suggesting they were simply expected to go along with it rather than have any say in whether it was a good idea or not. If they had been involved even a little it I suspect we would have seen a different interview (if indeed any at all), one that wasn't trailed for days before hand and which may have included a much deeper apology (even if it would have been insincere). Ironically the plan suggested by Jason Stein was probably much more to BPs liking and usual precedence - focus on charity work, keep quiet and then give two interviews for his birthday next year. Whether right or wrong it would not have brought about this much hell on Andrew and by extension the monarchy.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Andrew is so selfish. I find all these interviews to air dirt laundry and personal matters really undervalue the great work many royals are doing.

Andrew should resign and Queen/Charles should allow Beatrice/ Eugenie to become full time royals and take over their father's patronages.

People have had so much respect for the The Queen's reign in the past couple of years, and now it is all overshadowed by all these personal issues/ interviews.

it's disheartening.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
So why can't the police interview Andrews royal protection officer who should be able to corraborate his version of events.
Also Epsteins household staff should be interviewed to set the record straight.
Probably because Andrew isn't suspected of committing a crime at this time. Even in Virginia Roberts Giuffre story of "sleeping" with Andrew, she more or less names Epstein/Maxwell as the culprits responsible for "forcing" her and not Andrew. She even stated that Andrew was nice and polite.

So, all in all, police investigation right now is out of the picture. What happens if a lawsuit is filed in the US and Andrew steps on US soil is a horse of a totally different color.

I think if Epstein's household staff were to be questioned (and I wouldn't bet my last mug of egg nog on that they haven't been interviewed yet) the focus would not be on Andrew at all but rather on Epstein's and Maxwell's roles in the actual sex trafficking allegations. Maxwell's part in all this is the meat and the potatoes of the ongoing investigation as far as I'm aware.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

I doubt the Queen approved of it in the sense of having anything to do with it, the Guardian and Telegraph have both reported The Queen and her aides were informed just before the interview took place, suggesting they were simply expected to go along with it rather than have any say in whether it was a good idea or not. If they had been involved even a little it I suspect we would have seen a different interview (if indeed any at all), one that wasn't trailed for days before hand and which may have included a much deeper apology (even if it would have been insincere). Ironically the plan suggested by Jason Stein was probably much more to BPs liking and usual precedence - focus on charity work, keep quiet and then give two interviews for his birthday next year. Whether right or wrong it would not have brought about this much hell on Andrew and by extension the monarchy.
The article in The Times that I linked in the Future of the Monarchy thread has some insights into this. Specifically, it is said that according to some sources, when Sir Christopher Geidt was forced out, and the attempt to centralize the oversight of the different royals was subsequently abandoned, that the different offices essentially operate "in a silo" with little oversight or input from an office with authority. It's an interesting observation.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...firm-x5z2mjhhg
Old 11-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Her majesty should allow Prince Charles to take over the management of the firm and all royals who supports it. But I find Prince Charles ("too nice") if that's a word. He seems more mellow than William.

I imagine Prince William might be tougher on his reign than Charles. He seems to be strict, may be even more so than Charles.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Virginia Giuffre gave a BBC interview. An interview that hasn’t aired yet.
https://mobile.twitter.com/hendopoli...57961524592641

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...s-bbc-20910817

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tausi View Post
Her majesty should allow Prince Charles to take over the management of the firm and all royals who supports it. But I find Prince Charles ("too nice") if that's a word. He seems more mellow than William.

I imagine Prince William might be tougher on his reign than Charles. He seems to be strict, may be even more so than Charles.
That depends on who you ask. If you ask Andrew and Sarah York about it, i doubt they will tell you that neither Charles or William is ”too nice” 😆

Whatever happens, Pitch@Palace is likely doomed anyway. Which other royal would even want to take over it ? It will always be associated with Andrew and this mess. I strongly doubt that his daughter’s or any of his siblings would want to attatch themselves to this mess more than they already have been...
Old 11-18-2019, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

Many seem to assume that FBI seeks to interview and question Prince Andrew and that he should accept, but are we sure that FBI is actually seeking this? I wouldn't.
So far, the only request to hear from Prince Andrew has come from lawyers on behalf of Epstein's victims in the context of their private lawsuits.
Up until a few days ago, it was even uncertain if the FBI investigation on Epstein and the role of his enablers, such as Ghislaine Maxwell, Jean Luc Brunel and others was actually ongoing. Many commentators wondered if they had been traced by FBI and if there are any plans to question them.
It is unclear to me what course of action the US Authorities will pursue and against whom.
Does anyone have any info from reliable sources on this?
Old 11-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
That depends on who you ask. If you ask Andrew and Sarah York about it, i doubt they will tell you that neither Charles or William is ”too nice”

Whatever happens, Pitch@Palace is likely doomed anyway. Which other royal would even want to take over it ? It will always be associated with Andrew and this mess. I strongly doubt that his daughter’s or any of his siblings would want to attatch themselves to this mess more than they already have been...

. Good point. They both seem likely nice to Princess Royal and her family, but tolerant towards Wessex and indifferent to the York’s. I am totally speculating!