The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2019, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emily Matlis is very tough as an interviewer, she is use to interviewing politicians so use to people trying to talk bull****.

She wouldn't have said about the questions not being vetted etc if it wasn't true, she knows if it was found out it would ruin her career and tbh I doubt she thinks Andrew is worth that.

At this point let's just wait and see the interview. I doubt it will be an easy ride but is also unlikely to be "harsh" enough for some (who tbh it seems have decided Andrew must be guilty of a crime and should just rot in prison already)

Old 11-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
I suppose there are ways in which it could technically be true that no questions were vetted, but the parameters were so narrow that there need be no concern about what is coming.

No member of The Royal Family, in any context, gives an interview without knowing exactly the substance of what is coming. That tradition did not stop here, in this context.

Very deceptive of Emily Andrews to present this as if Andrew is going in cold, on a technical truth.
Exactly, there is not a snowball's chance in hell the Palace would have allowed him to do this if there was the slightest chance of him coming out of it worse than before. It's a total damage limitation excercise to try and salvage what little is left of his reputation.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
. . . . . US Law Enforcement wonít stop looking for what exactly? Why would Andrew talk to the Feds when heís not accused of anything?
I give up. There are people on this thread that have 'Tried' Andrew in absentia and found him guilty. However, exactly what he is guilty of remains unclear.

Being one of Epstein's friends means he is just as gullible as dozens of other members of Society which means I am really anticipating this interview.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

A short clip of the interview

https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/sta...814752256?s=21
Old 11-15-2019, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Weíre getting a couple of sound bites now, hereís another;

https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/sta...097814528?s=21

This is really interesting.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah... definitely will watch this but I’m not buying what he selling.

He doesn’t even deny it. He very crafty states he doesn’t remember. That way he can’t be accused of lying down the road.

Either way it’s WEAK.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Its inconceivable he’s done this interview for no reason. Something’s afoot....
Old 11-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the questions must have been sent in advance and that Andrew's legal team have prepared the carefully calculated answers…. I think it is normal in his position !
Old 11-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Yeah... definitely will watch this but Iím not buying what he selling.

He doesnít even deny it. He very crafty states he doesnít remember. That way he canít be accused of lying down the road.

Either way itís WEAK.
Yes I noticed that straight away, saying you don't remember is neither a denial nor an admission. He will have been well briefed by his legal team about what to say and not say.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

He said he didn't remember ...what was the context, what's he saying he can't remember? Sorry can't see it here yet.

LaRae
Old 11-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whether or not they saw the questions in advance I suspect any half decent team could have predicted what was going to be asked and prepared Andrew accordingly.

The answers, well that "i can't remember" one seem pretty lame and I suspect whilst Andrew may have not have got him in legal trouble they will not help him in the court of public opinion.

I've seen that clip of him saying it was wrong to stay friends, I hope Matlis asked if he was disgusted at the crimes Epstein was said to have committed and if he says yes, ask why he felt okay staying in contact with him.

Either way, how horrendous that at the end of the day we have the Queen's son having to deny having sex with someone on national TV.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
He said he didn't remember ...what was the context, what's he saying he can't remember? Sorry can't see it here yet.

LaRae
He said he can't remember meeting Virginia Giuffre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Whether or not they saw the questions in advance I suspect any half decent team could have predicted what was going to be asked and prepared Andrew accordingly.

The answers, well that "i can't remember" one seem pretty lame and I suspect whilst Andrew may have not have got him in legal trouble they will not help him in the court of public opinion.

I've seen that clip of him saying it was wrong to stay friends, I hope Matlis asked if he was disgusted at the crimes Epstein was said to have committed and if he says yes, ask why he felt okay staying in contact with him.

Either way, how horrendous that at the end of the day we have the Queen's son having to deny having sex with someone on national TV.
I think this interview will be totally cringeworthy and humilliating for him and unless he can refute Giuffre's accusations in detail I can't see how it will help him any. Just saying he can't remember things isn't going to achieve anything other than to make it look like he has something to hide.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have to agree that the "I can't remember" angle isn't helping Andrew at all. It could be the absolute truth that he doesn't remember meeting Giuffre but then again, it could be read that she's just one of *many* he's met through Epstein over those years.

He's not helping himself here from the clips I've already seen and he looks uncomfortable and the words out of his mouth seem to be well scripted and almost rehearsed.

I'm tending to agree with wyevale and think somethings afoot here.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Commoner

well it clearly depends on what he can't remember ... I mean I would not remember exactly what happened on a flight years ago if I were innocent.
If I were guilty, I guess I would...
I have honestly no opinion on Andrew's guilt but the argument "I do not remember " does not seem so lame to me.
Regarding not remembering meeting her, I can understand that too. Maybe he really wants to say that he never met her but his lawyers advised him not to be so categorical as a picture of one Epstein's pary where they were both present could resurfaced.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have to agree that the "I can't remember" angle isn't helping Andrew at all. It could be the absolute truth that he doesn't remember meeting Giuffre but then again, it could be read that she's just one of *many* he's met through Epstein over those years.

He's not helping himself here from the clips I've already seen and he looks uncomfortable and the words out of his mouth seem to be well scripted and almost rehearsed.

I'm tending to agree with wyevale and think somethings afoot here.
It's possible Andrew simply decided he needed to do this and carefully prepared his words beforehand (which would explain the "well-rehearsed" answers) and it's also possible he told the truth when he said he didn't remember meeting Virginia Giuffre. His lawyers wouldn't have advised him to say that, they would have told him to keep his mouth shut and ride this out.
But instead Andrew suddenly appears on television and brings it up all over again.
Because of this I agree with wyevale. There might be something else going on that made Andrew decide he needed to get his side out. I hope for his family's sake I'm wrong.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Until we have seen the whole interview its hard to make a complete judgement but if this is the extent of his answers "I can't remember" and "royals should meet a higher standard" then its not doing him any good so I struggle to see he would do it. Unless you can add to the statements already released by say anything. They announced originally he hadn't met her, now he says he can't remember meeting her, not exactly consistent.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Its inconceivable heís done this interview for no reason. Somethingís afoot....
I too wonder why Andrew finally decided to give this interview? And what difference he thinks it's going to make?
Old 11-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

From a legal viewpoint this may be wise - not sure though.
But from a PR viewpoint, this won't help at all. Regardless.

I doubt anyone, here on TRF or elsewhere, will have changed their opinion because of this.
And as someone pointed out, this is pretty embarrassing!

Gotta go, have to pry my toes loose from the floorboards...
Old 11-16-2019, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew answering why he continued his friendship with Epstein and stayed at his place after Epstein was released from prison

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...814242305?s=20

"It was definitely the wrong thing to do. But at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do."

Prince Andrew describes himself as too honourable, that's his explanation to his continuing friendship with Epstein AFTER his conviction and prison release.

Imho there's zero chance, that Andrew wasn't prepared, aware of and prepped to answer to the questions asked. Well, anyone of us would've guessed what the questions were going to be. And his team came up with THIS. He's too honourable.

I don't know if Andrew's dictionary has different meaning to honourable, because mine doesn't describe friendships with convicted sex trafficker as honourable.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I give up. There are people on this thread that have 'Tried' Andrew in absentia and found him guilty. However, exactly what he is guilty of remains unclear.

Being one of Epstein's friends means he is just as gullible as dozens of other members of Society which means I am really anticipating this interview.
Andrew is 100% guilty of continuing his friendship with Epstein AFTER Epstein was convicted, jailed and released from prison. That's not being gullible. That means Andrew knowingly being friends with a convicted child sex trafficker.