The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Andrew goes to church on Christmas he should go around the back entrance to avoid the BRF to be put on blast (jeered) by the crowd. And some people will not care if the children are present for the walk. This could turn into the Sandringham Walk of Shame.

I think Andrew is by no means as guilty or bad as people are making out. He was friends with someone he shouldn't have been and showed bad judgement (which I base on the fact he would even go and see Epstein after his conviction to explain why they couldn't be friends). Do I think Andrew knew more than he let on? Yes probably, I think he knew Epstein attracted young women to him and liked the lifestyle this envoked. I think he knew Epstein was oddly open about sex. Did Andrew know these ladies were underage and possibly being coerced into being there? More than likely no.
Was Andrew's interview awful? Absolutely! Is this a crime in itself? No

I think Andrew has paid the right price so far for the things we know he has done wrong. I am more than happy to change my view on that if and when new evidence is presented. And like many people I can honestly say I'd never want him back in the RF in any way representing my country.

Should Andrew be allowed to visit Church with his family on Christmas Day? Of course he should. But likewise people are entitled to express their feelings about him being there in a non violent form. I do think though that for the RF as a whole this will be bad as it drags them into the furore around Andrew just because they will turn up and visit their grandmother. I think the issue is that, yes its a family day out but it is also, no matter what the Household say, a public event that is seen by many as a public event (not a fair assumption given all the publicly funded police there IMO) so they feel they have a say over Andrew appearing.

I think in all of this I would hate to see the RF and the Queen being booed and cheered simply because Andrew is there. What annoys me is I don't see why Andrew can't still visit Sandringham and be with his family at Christmas, even visiting the early morning more private service, but miss the main public service, making everyone happy. It is, IMO, another PR problem brought about from the royals not thinking Andrew has done anything wrong at all.

The issue with Andrew is that all his chickens are coming home to roost, and the abysmal stupidity he exhibited in the interview was the tipping point. He has decades of documented arrogance, rudeness, shady practices, abuse of his position, taking advantage of his position as the Queen's son, and as the trade envoy to milk the system, and so on, and the interview was just the straw that broke the camel's back. His loss of position now would most likely not have happened if the Queen, Philip and more recently Charles had reined him in much much earlier in his inglorious career. He is not being "punished," if that is the correct word, solely for the interview, or even his association with Epstein, he is being judged and removed from representing the royal family for a culmination of years of gross, unethical, spoiled, and unwise behavior that has finally, finally risen to the level that the Queen had to pay attention because it is seriously impacting the status of the royal family. There's plenty to think about, but some of the most unflattering reflections are not just about Andrew and Epstein, it's about the long-term wisdom of leaving the separate members of the working BRF to go their own way without more central oversight.

Last edited:
The church can be approached discreetly from the back. Maybe that would be best option for the duke in the circumstances.

The issue with Andrew is that all his chickens are coming home to roost, and the abysmal stupidity he exhibited in the interview was the tipping point. He has decades of documented arrogance, rudeness, shady practices, abuse of his position, taking advantage of his position as the Queen's son, and as the trade envoy to milk the system, and so on, and the interview was just the straw that broke the camel's back. His loss of position now would most likely not have happened if the Queen, Philip and more recently Charles had reined him in much much earlier in his inglorious career. He is not being "punished," if that is the correct word, solely for the interview, or even his association with Epstein, he is being judged and removed from representing the royal family for a culmination of years of gross, unethical, spoiled, and unwise behavior that has finally, finally risen to the level that the Queen had to pay attention because it is seriously impacting the status of the royal family. There's plenty to think about, but some of the most unflattering reflections are not just about Andrew and Epstein, it's about the long-term wisdom of leaving the separate members of the working BRF to go their own way without more central oversight.

These are exactly the points that have brought this debacle to where we are today. I refuse to consider from any point of view that Andrew is a victim here, because quite simply....he is not. He has brought all of this on himself.

These are exactly the points that have brought this debacle to where we are today. I refuse to consider from any point of view that Andrew is a victim here, because quite simply....he is not. He has brought all of this on himself.

of course he did. He has done so many stupid things and wrong things and that interview was a bridge too far. He was so arrogant unpleasant and selfish that he could not even manage an insincere apology for his own folly in staying friends iwht Esptein nor show any sympathy to the victims. Cleearly he had to be TOLD to do that afterwards. The interview showed the "inner Andrew" and it was not a pretty sight...

There is one thing that has Always amazed me.
It was well known he had paid the enormous debts of Fergie. And nobody questionned what he had asked in return ? You Don't give these enormous sums without hope of a return, no ?????

He has to find a new role??Except for a toilet role no,I hope not!

Governor general of the Falkland Islands would be a good job for the prince Andrew: there are only penguins there to misbehave with:lol:

There is one thing that has Always amazed me.
It was well known he had paid the enormous debts of Fergie. And nobody questionned what he had asked in return ? You Don't give these enormous sums without hope of a return, no ?????

Yes that's the $64,000 question isn't it? And it's interesting. What has Fergie's role been in this saga? She was close enough to Epstein to travel to his island on his plane, borrow money from him. Of course we don't know exactly how much he 'lent' her but it was at least $14,000 by some reports.

Fergie has a wide circle of friends and acquaintances especially in Europe and the US. Were conditions attached to that loan, like---introductions to various people? Sort of a version of her 'cash for access' game?

Y'know, with trying to fit all the pieces of the York puzzle together, its occurred to me that something else, although way far out there, would be that Andrew and Sarah have a divorce of convenience. It was a way out of a mess back then but they've remained so close ever since.

Anyone recall the exact words Andrew used in the interview? I looked it up and he said, "I was with the children and I'd taken Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at I suppose sort of 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon. And then because the duchess was away," Odd choice of words to me. Could have said "Sarah" or "my ex wife" but he didn't.

Putting this whole thing together is more fun than finding Waldo... err Ghislaine Maxwell. :D

I read online they people want to strip andrew of the HRH,like princess diana.Andrew was a born royal so it will be harder or impossible to strip him.
With all the attacks i wondwr how Andrew is holding up,is he in denial,in a depression,suicidal?

I think he is "holding up" just fine. He is incredibly incapable of realsign when he is in the wrong...

I read online they people want to strip andrew of the HRH,like princess diana.Andrew was a born royal so it will be harder or impossible to strip him.
With all the attacks i wondwr how Andrew is holding up,is he in denial,in a depression,suicidal?

Even with the abdication of King Edward VIII, as the Duke of Windsor, David still held his HRH and was still a prince of the UK. I don't see Andrew losing his HRH or his peerage at all.

Andrew will continue on in life and most likely enjoy his retirement riding off into the sunset. He may find he can no longer afford a lot of the "perks" he's been used to but I can't see it affecting his overall outlook on life. For people that have the character traits Andrew exhibits, denial is that big, long river in Africa. :D

There are a lot of people commenting online who don't actually know much about how the royal family or royalty in general operates. There is zero chance of Andrew losing his HRH unless something much more substantive and provable comes out, and he is convicted of it.

So far as Andrew having to live in reduced circumstances goes, I wouldn't care to lay money on that. In fact, without a public role, and without the scrutiny that goes along with a public role, my suspicion is that it will be even easier for him to hobnob with the rich and famous, accept "favors" and so on. Time will tell, but I don't see him being reduced to penury any time soon.

If Andrew goes to church on Christmas he should go around the back entrance to avoid the BRF to be put on blast (jeered) by the crowd. And some people will not care if the children are present for the walk. This could turn into the Sandringham Walk of Shame.

Yeah sure ...

Let's face it. No matter what happens on Christmas morning going to church, whether Andrew walks with the family, rides in the car with his mother, sneaks into the church through the bathroom window or parachutes and lands directly at the entrance, its going to be made a big deal out of. Even if Andrew isn't there at all.

Now that Andrew's dropped out of sight, everyone and their great uncle's obese pet pig wants to see what Andrew is up to. Go figure. :D

Let's face it. No matter what happens on Christmas morning going to church, whether Andrew walks with the family, rides in the car with his mother, sneaks into the church through the bathroom window or parachutes and lands directly at the entrance, its going to be made a big deal out of. Even if Andrew isn't there at all.

:

True. It’ll be a story no matter what he does.

Now that Andrew's dropped out of sight, everyone and their great uncle's obese pet pig wants to see what Andrew is up to. Go figure. :D

I can totally picture him sneaking through the window. :lol:

Osipi, you paint the best pictures. Imagine the noise from a helicopter hovering over the church, but Andrew squeezing through a bathroom window is the best. Are you an author by day and royal watcher by night?

Andrew is free to go to church with his family on Christmas morning. He has not been charged with a crime and certainly hasn't been convicted. We don't know if the F.B.I. is investigating him or even if they want to interview him.

His continued association with Epstein and Maxwell was wrong, and thanks to that horrible interview he is being punished. It may not seem like much to us, but to someone like Andrew, having organizations say they longer wished to be associated with him and his family agree with them has to sting.

I don't want to know what he is up to. I rather he stayed away for a while because it is needed. I also agree with the poster upthread who says the idea of him losing his HRH is silly. It is. He will lost his public role but he will always be Prince Andrew.

It would be nice of Andrew if he thought of his mom, daughters and other family members if he went to church earlier and not cause a hot mess on xmas.

Osipi, you paint the best pictures. Imagine the noise from a helicopter hovering over the church, but Andrew squeezing through a bathroom window is the best. Are you an author by day and royal watcher by night?

Andrew is free to go to church with his family on Christmas morning. He has not been charged with a crime and certainly hasn't been convicted. We don't know if the F.B.I. is investigating him or even if they want to interview him.

His continued association with Epstein and Maxwell was wrong, and thanks to that horrible interview he is being punished. It may not seem like much to us, but to someone like Andrew, having organizations say they longer wished to be associated with him and his family agree with them has to sting.
He may feel humiliated but I dotn believe that he is really suffering. He has no idea that he's done anyting wrong.. and probably will just be sullen and annoyed that the charities and the public are disgusted with him...
And I suspect he does not care if he has to give up his charity work provided he sill has rich friends.. Some of them may shy away from him and he may have been warned that "deals" and making money from his associates is not on any longer but I bet he'll still do it...

He may feel humiliated but I dotn believe that he is really suffering. He has no idea that he's done anyting wrong.. and probably will just be sullen and annoyed that the charities and the public are disgusted with him...
And I suspect he does not care if he has to give up his charity work provided he sill has rich friends.. Some of them may shy away from him and he may have been warned that "deals" and making money from his associates is not on any longer but I bet he'll still do it...

I think you are probably right.

The graceful thing to do, for his family at least (because I don't think Andrew feels bothered by what the public or media think) would be not to attend church on Christmas Day (or to do so without the public walk there at least) so as to keep HM and his daughters out of any more fuss over his own actions. The reality is no mother is going to refuse her son a trip to church but Andrew could have the good manners and respect for his mother to avoid putting her in an awkward situation. IMO if he attends its quite a selfish thing to do as it exposes all the other royals (including the children who usually attend) to the anger the public may feel towards Andrew and it makes them complicit in appearing to support him just because of their choice to simply attend church with the Queen as they usually do.

Right now he is worried about money. So is Sarah.

The graceful thing to do, for his family at least (because I don't think Andrew feels bothered by what the public or media think) would be not to attend church on Christmas Day (or to do so without the public walk there at least) so as to keep HM and his daughters out of any more fuss over his own actions. The reality is no mother is going to refuse her son a trip to church but Andrew could have the good manners and respect for his mother to avoid putting her in an awkward situation. IMO if he attends its quite a selfish thing to do as it exposes all the other royals (including the children who usually attend) to the anger the public may feel towards Andrew and it makes them complicit in appearing to support him just because of their choice to simply attend church with the Queen as they usually do.

of course he should not attend or go quietly and privately.. (or better still go away somewhere for Christmas this year_> But the queen could insist that he keeps his church attendance private so as not to embarrass her...

The Andrew as favorite son trope … can that be traced to a quote anywhere, or even a hint of legitimacy?

The Andrew as favorite son trope … can that be traced to a quote anywhere, or even a hint of legitimacy?

Nope.
The same way the Charles wants a slimmed down monarchy rhetoric has never been proven in written word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom