The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2101  
Old 08-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I assume the duke of York will be retired to the country side for the time being? I can't see how he can continue his normal duties for the time being while his association with this monster is becoming more clear.

I have not seen any political reactions to this matter. In my own country I would imagine that the close friendship of a member of the Royal House with a pedophile would immidiately raise questions in parlament, which means the prime minister would need to get involved. Is that the case in the UK as well?

To 'retire' from official duties now would be taken as an admission of guilt.

Andrew has not been charged with any offence.

Until he has been charged, tried and convicted he is able to continue his life as he wants and to suggest anything else is to ignore the main principle of the UK's legal system - INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY in a court of law - not in the media.

I know many countries don't understand this concept but it is the cornerstone of the British legal system and has been for centuries.

Trial by media isn't a legal process. Nor is 'guilty by association'.

I would expect that come September Andrew will be doing any scheduled duties. The fact he doesn't publish his upcoming engagements ahead of time means we will never know if he cancels any engagements.

If Andrew has committed a crime, he will be charged, tried and convicted in a court of law. Only then should he be denied the rights to live his life - the same as everyone else.

The DM has made a big thing of him 'hiding in Spain' ignoring the fact that every year, after the Yorks have been to Balmoral they go to Spain or France or Switzerland for a couple of weeks together. They made it into a 'news' story when it is simply the normal practice of the family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2102  
Old 08-24-2019, 07:23 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I must have missed that link. Could you direct me to the right post.
There's reference to Andrew & future US visits in the link posted by Dman:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Andrew.html
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2103  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:26 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Andrew just might as well come clean about everything, because these small statements he’s releasing are bogus. The statements have more holes in them than Swiss cheese.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2104  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: L'angolo, Vatican City
Posts: 247
Prince Andrew defends Jeffrey Epstein relationship

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49460263

Surely, the more sensible tactic - in the interests of self preservation - would be to say nothing? How do his comments help the monarchy?
Reply With Quote
  #2105  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:39 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Andrew just might as well come clean about everything, because these small statements he’s releasing are bogus. The statements have more holes in them than Swiss cheese.
He is claiming an "infrequent" acquaintance and that is an all out lie. It honestly is rather insulting, this statement.
Reply With Quote
  #2106  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:45 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,247
Another odd statement that says nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #2107  
Old 08-24-2019, 09:55 AM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,964
Unfortunately, I think what Andrew's statement says is that to him, there was nothing odd or unusual or worthy of concern in what he saw while he stayed with or visited Epstein, and if that is true, it speaks volumes about what is considered "normal" in the circles Andrew runs in.

I can't see how this statement does anything but raise even more questions about Andrew and what he got up to while in Epstein's company.
Reply With Quote
  #2108  
Old 08-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
He is claiming an "infrequent" acquaintance and that is an all out lie. It honestly is rather insulting, this statement.
What else can he say? He's absolutely panicked. Everyone who was ever around Epstein has verified that he was always surrounded by random young girls in his homes and private plane. Even if Andrew was as innocent and naive as he claims and the girls accusing him of abusing them are liars wouldn't it have occured to him to have asked his pal who they were and why they were there? It's not as though Jeffrey hid the girls away when Andrew was around as the photo with Virginia Roberts proves and he is continuously glossing over the fact that he stood by Epstein even after he had been CONVICTED of sexual activity with a minor. He calls it 'a mistake' which is beyond pathetic. If the Queen continues to stand by him it gives the impression that she is condoning his behaviour and dosn't care about what happened to those girls and this is obviously very damaging to the Monarchy and the standing of the Queen in the eyes of the public, but what else can she do? He is a complete liability as a member of the royal family and has put his mother in an intolerable position.
Reply With Quote
  #2109  
Old 08-24-2019, 10:25 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
I don’t think any of the victims of the criminal sex trafficking ring would say they were (forced) to have sex with Andrew if it didn’t really happen.

Members of the royal family are known to be quite careful in selecting their close inner circle of friends. They even vet their friends before they even let them in their exclusive circle of friends.

Come clean, Andrew. Cause I believe you just as much as I believe R. Kelly.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2110  
Old 08-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,157
Prince Andrew on his meetings with Epstein:
Quote:
"During the time I knew him, I saw him infrequently and probably no more than only once or twice a year,"
The person who wrote this timeline might challenge the above statement:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Epstein.html
Reply With Quote
  #2111  
Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Prince Andrew on his meetings with Epstein:


The person who wrote this timeline might challenge the above statement:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Epstein.html
OMG, that little girl in the video only looks about 14, disgusting!
Reply With Quote
  #2112  
Old 08-24-2019, 10:49 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
OMG, that little girl in the video only looks about 14, disgusting!


Sorry to whom are you referring to because all the women in the video look 25 years + to me...
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #2113  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sorry to whom are you referring to because all the women in the video look 25 years + to me...
The one with the ponytail walking Epstein to his car and then going back into the house where Andrew remained after his friend had left.
Reply With Quote
  #2114  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:38 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
The one with the ponytail walking Epstein to his car and then going back into the house.


I thought that was the one you were on about, yeah everyone’s perception is different but I’d say she’s 20+.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #2115  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:42 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
To 'retire' from official duties now would be taken as an admission of guilt.

Andrew has not been charged with any offence.

Until he has been charged, tried and convicted he is able to continue his life as he wants and to suggest anything else is to ignore the main principle of the UK's legal system - INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY in a court of law - not in the media.

I know many countries don't understand this concept but it is the cornerstone of the British legal system and has been for centuries.

Trial by media isn't a legal process. Nor is 'guilty by association'.

I would expect that come September Andrew will be doing any scheduled duties. The fact he doesn't publish his upcoming engagements ahead of time means we will never know if he cancels any engagements.

If Andrew has committed a crime, he will be charged, tried and convicted in a court of law. Only then should he be denied the rights to live his life - the same as everyone else.

The DM has made a big thing of him 'hiding in Spain' ignoring the fact that every year, after the Yorks have been to Balmoral they go to Spain or France or Switzerland for a couple of weeks together. They made it into a 'news' story when it is simply the normal practice of the family.
That is the system indeed. But the fact remains that the Duke was a friend of a convicted pedophile who groomed and raped dozens of children. The duke himself is accused of all sorts of things.

Any charity or event that the duke will visit will be overshadowed by this case. It will distract from the purpose of a visit, in which case it may be better to send another member of the family.

I imagine few associations or people will be jumping with joy with the thought of a visit of the Duke at this moment. Some may even find it uncomfortable to see their charity or event associated with somebody who befriended a convicted pedophile, who at least condoned the behavior of this monster and perhaps even did worse.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #2116  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I thought that was the one you were on about, yeah everyone’s perception is different but I’d say she’s 20+.
Everyone's perception is but she's tiny and childlike in the face and, to me, looks early teens. That's not surprising though as that's the age group Jeffrey liked.
Reply With Quote
  #2117  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:48 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
OMG, that little girl in the video only looks about 14, disgusting!
I don't think one can accurately judge age from a brief video or photo. I looked 12 or 14 until I was about 30.

But I guess people see what they want to....
Reply With Quote
  #2118  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think one can accurately judge age from a brief video or photo. I looked 12 or 14 until I was about 30.

But I guess people see what they want to....
Very well said.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Everyone's perception is but she's tiny and childlike in the face and, to me, looks early teens. That's not surprising though as that's the age group Jeffrey liked.


I’m currently 26, and I got ID’d the other day when I was buying a lottery ticket which has an age restriction of 16.

I’m 5 foot 1 (5ft1.5 on a good day) height literally has nothing to do with age, unless by tiny you mean she’s thin which again has nothing to with age. In the video she stands at Epstein’s shoulder and he’s 6 ft.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #2119  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Trial by media isn't a legal process. Nor is 'guilty by association'.
This is my main issue with this whole thing. The Miami Herald investigation is one thing, most of the others are something else entirely.

Yes, Andrew had poor judgment in this friendship--but he is not alone. Many, many others in prominent positions in many fields are in the same boat. I do not believe they are all guilty of pedophilia.
Reply With Quote
  #2120  
Old 08-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't think one can accurately judge age from a brief video or photo. I looked 12 or 14 until I was about 30.

But I guess people see what they want to....
I don't see what I want to at all. The woman Andrew waved off from Epstein's house looked like a woman and the girl with the ponytail looked like a teenager. If you looked 12 or 13 when you were 30 who am I to argue with you but bearing in mind the sexual leanings of the man involved here I am prepared to guess that a girl who looked like a young teen entering his house was exactly that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baptism biography british brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin chittagong commonwealth countries coronavirus countess of snowdon cover-up dna duke of sussex dutch royal family emperor fantasy movie gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history interesting introduction israel jack brooksbank jewelry jumma kent książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima nepal nepalese royal family popularity prince charles prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain startling new evidence stuart swedish queen taiwan thailand tips tracts united kingdom von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×