The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
What is the next stage in this process?
I don't think there's really a "process." I think Prince Andrew is hoping to ride out the storm. I suppose it really depends on how the continuing Epstein investigation develops, whether or not he's asked to cooperate with law enforcement, the public/media lose interest, etc.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think what will happen next is that the court in SDNY will be dismissing all the charges against Epstein as he's no longer alive to prosecute. The investigation into the co-conspirators that may have aided and abetted Epstein (such as Ghislaine Maxwell) will continue but as pointed out in an article in one of my posts, it remains to be seen if they find enough concrete evidence to use to indict and convict them.

The girls that are victims of Epstein's perversion most likely will be filing their own lawsuits against Epstein's estate in civil court. Unless one or more of the girls specifically name Andrew in their cases, I do think Andrew will just ride this thing out and hopefully has learned a hard lesson on how to choose his friends.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think what will happen next is that the court in SDNY will be dismissing all the charges against Epstein as he's no longer alive to prosecute. The investigation into the co-conspirators that may have aided and abetted Epstein (such as Ghislaine Maxwell) will continue but as pointed out in an article in one of my posts, it remains to be seen if they find enough concrete evidence to use to indict and convict them.

The girls that are victims of Epstein's perversion most likely will be filing their own lawsuits against Epstein's estate in civil court. Unless one or more of the girls specifically name Andrew in their cases, I do think Andrew will just ride this thing out and hopefully has learned a hard lesson on how to choose his friends.
In other words, the victims will never receive a major form of justice for what happened to them. The rich and powerful will win in the end. That’s just sad and wrong on so many levels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-22-2019, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you dman, and doesn't it make you angry that this is still happening in a so called enlightened society.
I also agree lwith you Osipi of what you see as the future for this business. Unless they find the hidden tape / video recordings that have been speculated about as proof of perpetrators of the crimes.

And the truly sad part is that this type of crime is still probably going on under our noses today. Young girls and boys need to be educated about all sorts of exploitations and traps.
And of course we and the victims need to know that the police will act against these high level criminals.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

They’ll also be able to sue any of his associates who abused them in his NY residence thanks to New York’s new ‘look back’ law. https://www.npr.org/2019/08/14/75088...lleged-abusers
Old 08-22-2019, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
They’ll also be able to sue any of his associates who abused them in his NY residence thanks to New York’s new ‘look back’ law. https://www.npr.org/2019/08/14/75088...lleged-abusers
This is also so true. For the victims, its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I hope they are able to find closure and justice.

The thing that really gets to me is that Epstein was able to kill himself because of the incompetence and inability of the prison system he was part of didn't do what they were required to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on
Old 08-22-2019, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

When it is clear there are verifable faults in the testimony (the Duke was proven elsewhere than on the dates filed by the accusers) this makes their whole case weak because then they are proven liars or at least have a weak memory.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
When it is clear there are verifable faults in the testimony (the Duke was proven elsewhere than on the dates filed by the accusers) this makes their whole case weak because then they are proven liars or at least have a weak memory.
I don't think any dates filed by accusers have been proven to be wrong. There were some errors made in a pilot's testimony based on his flight logs but those errors don't negate anything claimed by the victims.

As I said in a previous post, choosing select pieces of testimony to challenge is problematic because it highlights the pieces that haven't been proven false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
What is the next stage in this process?
I think what will happen is that through the increased testimony of women willing to come forward, a bigger picture will emerge of Epstein's wide ranging, decades long sex-trafficking racket. He didn't do this on his own & there are individuals complicit in this massive crime as well as organisations eg model agencies.

There is evidence linking Prince Andrew with Epstein for over 10 years. The frequency of their meetings over that time indicates that Andrew is a prime witness to many events & if he wants to help those abused women (whose exploitation he is now so appalled by) he'll step up & provide investigators with everything he knows. If he doesn't, he's going to be embroiled in this story anyway because of testimony such as this from an Epstein employee "Prince Andrew attended naked pool parties and was treated to massages by a harem of adolescent girls."

We know from the testimonies that the pattern was to recruit young teenagers, train them as masseuses & then abuse them. There were a lot of people involved (innocent & guilty) eg recruiters, transport staff, household staff across multiple properties, security staff, event staff, friends & acquaintances. It might take years but there's a lot of more of this story still to be revealed & as long as there are investigative journalists & lawyers willing to work on it, the story is far from dead.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:20 AM
Majesty

I have a couple of queries about these 'underage' girls. I am not attempting to victim blame but how did these girls pass through customs. They must have had passports, but what parent allows their school age child to travel instead of go to school?

Were they all runaways with passports falsely obtained? If not, what parent allows their child to go swanning around the world in a strange man's private jet?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yep lots of questions that need answers.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have a couple of queries about these 'underage' girls. I am not attempting to victim blame but how did these girls pass through customs. They must have had passports, but what parent allows their school age child to travel instead of go to school?
Not only were no questions asked by the custom officials, but the plane in question was known and called by them as the "Lolita Express", what has a clear sexual connotation!

And the parents - white underclass from the Trailer Park from what I did read.

These are circumstances like in a corrupt Banana Republic somewhere in the global South! And Prince Andrew? Was then one of the perv Dons and Oligarchs.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Were they all runaways with passports falsely obtained? If not, what parent allows their child to go swanning around the world in a strange man's private jet?
Those younger than 16 might have only travelled during holidays but worked part-time at hotels & clubs close to home. The 16+ girls could be free all the time. If the parents trusted the recruiters eg a respectable looking, persuasive woman assures them this is a good opportunity to learn health & beauty treatments, which could lead to high paid work in top hotel spas, some parents might have been trusting enough to permit it. Similarly with the model agencies - using an assuring recruiter to gain parental permission for travel.

Unfortunately, it also sounds as though some parents might have been paid to permit their daughters to travel - the story of the three 12yr old French girls sounds horrific.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

I am worried that these young women were especially vulnerable near the rich and famous. The imbalance in power and influence is so overwhelmingly in favour of the wealthy that the interests of the women as the true victims in this case will be put to the side. The emphasis will be on exonerating precisely those who can afford the legal representation.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

The kind of parent that most are blessed to not have.
Poverty, parental addiction, any number of things can lead to abusive, neglectful, or absent parents, there are a lot of marginalized young people in the U.S..
https://arkofhopeforchildren.org/chi...ing-statistics
https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts...an-trafficking
Old 08-22-2019, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The kind of parent that most are blessed to not have.
Poverty, parental addiction, any number of things can lead to abusive, neglectful, or absent parents, there are a lot of marginalized young people in the U.S..
https://arkofhopeforchildren.org/chi...ing-statistics
https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts...an-trafficking
This is not always the case. Plenty of intact, middle-class families allowed their children to have stayovers with, or to travel with, the parish priest, or Boy Scout leader. And we all know how that turned out.

There has been such an emphasis on “stranger danger” that many parents were naive and trusting about people they knew, including family members, teachers, etc.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lainey, of Lainey Gossip, really put things into perspective in her new article about Prince Andrew and Jeffery Epstein:
https://www.laineygossip.com/the-sun...in-spain/57372

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Lainey, of Lainey Gossip, really put things into perspective in her new article about Prince Andrew and Jeffery Epstein:
https://www.laineygossip.com/the-sun...in-spain/57372
Mostly true, and quite funny!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-22-2019, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Lainey, of Lainey Gossip,
The loathing of a culture other than ones own is what really 'leaps off the page' there...
Old 08-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Mostly true, and quite funny!
Without the "Daily Mail" we would be even less informed! The pictures of Prince Andrew in Epstein's townhouse were an "exclusive".
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...depravity.html

So, one can not say, that the press is silent, especially not the Daily Mail!
Old 08-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Nobility

Prince Andrew was seen getting foot massage from young woman at Epstein's apartment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-foot-massage