Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholeheartedly with what you say NGalitzine.

If I can help a bit with the Fake Sheikh, whilst I am the first to say that the News of the World can represent journalism at its most grubby, the Fake Sheikh has always maintained that he never sets out to 'trap his victims a-new' but in fact is trying to make them replicate something that is already true so that he can actually film it and obtain evidence: Thus, with regard to the Sophie Wessex sting, the NOTW was apparently first alerted by an employee of R-JH [her PR company] that Sophie was trading on her Royal status; thus the Fake Sheikh claims that all he did was set up a situation so that Sophie's behaviour could be replicated on camera. Ditto with the well known brother-and-sister polo couple Jack Kidd and his sister the model Jodie. They were caught by the fake Sheikh in a drug-sting, apparently set up by the NOTW because of the couple's well known use of cocaine. This all leads me to speculate that Sarah had previously set up a 'cash for access' deal before...........

Alex

I think that I have mentioned before, that Sarah was employed by the Murdoch organization post-divorce. I'm certain that there was a close observation made of her inclinations and behaviours at that time, which would lead directly to an understanding of exactly how to bait a hook with the correct lure. In Sarah's case, it's to prey upon her need to be seen as a Royal insider, and her thirst for cash. Well played, but could not have been achieved without knowing the player intimately.

I just saw the 60 minutes interview and felt that the "breaking point" for Sarah was when she was not asked to agree with what the video showed but when she was asked what she did directly afterwards - doings that were not recorded and thus not really known. Her dealings with the money she took, eg. That together with the video coverage of the "sting" really looks bad, I'm afraid. if there was something positive to claim about the aftermath, she would have done it, wouldnt she? Instead she freaked out... Hmmm...

For those who maintain that Sarah was "tricked" I am reminded of this quote:

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. --J.C. Watts

Yes. The fact that Sarah can't/won't admit that she "done wrong" is troubling. Even when she was caught with John Bryan, her point of view was not that she had done wrong but that it wasn't anyone else's business. She turns every misdeed into a victimization by the press or someone else.

For those who maintain that Sarah was "tricked" I am reminded of this quote:

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. --J.C. Watts

Watching Sarah on Joy Behar right now. I have to say that she appears to be very gracious towards the royal family, much more than the host really. On the show she said that the Queen is the greatest lady she has ever met. And that she is NOT a member of the royal family.
Granted she is also still spinning the cash for access and seems very stuck on Andrew. But I think that I am seeing signs of growth.

Progess. :flowers:

Watching Sarah on Joy Behar right now...On the show she said that the Queen is the greatest lady she has ever met. And that she is NOT a member of the royal family.
...But I think that I am seeing signs of growth.

Sarah always talks glowingly of the Queen and what a great grandmother she is and she has started saying she is no longer a member of the BRF as well. But she continues to let people think she is still The Duchess of York and will also admit in the same breath that she longs to be part of it all again. At least that is what she did on 60 minutes! It is funny because lately she had been making it clear she and Andrew weren't an item and had cooled down on the gushing. I guess in the States she thinks it is a good line to try and sell. Changing and showing signs of growth would be her actually admitting to wrong. Nothing new in what she said to Joy. What did Joy call Sarah?

Watching Sarah on Joy Behar right now. I have to say that she appears to be very gracious towards the royal family, much more than the host really. On the show she said that the Queen is the greatest lady she has ever met. And that she is NOT a member of the royal family.
Granted she is also still spinning the cash for access and seems very stuck on Andrew. But I think that I am seeing signs of growth.

This is not a new interview. It is a replay from a few months ago.

Yes, but in my opinion reluctantly but throwing in how close she is to Andrew. The beginning of the interview went like this:

Joy: “You are still a Royal?”

Sarah: “Yeah, I’m…. well no. I’m the Duchess of York and I’m (sic) live in the same house as my handsome prince. But I wouldn’t say I’m part of the Royal Family.”

During the Royal Wedding, she learned to be calm and cool while in Thailand and said it worked/s for her.

Went on to say that the scandal tape was heavily edited and they took out the bits about money going to charity. It was all down to her drinking and being naïve and desperate to please.

Joy also brought up about doing role-playing in therapy to work out issues with her mother where Sarah asks a question (i.e. why did you leave me?) and answers it as her mother. Sarah used a different term than Joy but stated she has been working with some woman (don’t remember her name) and had been doing this type of thing for two years.

Joy also asked Sarah why Andrew didn’t give her money. I always find this type of question irritating. Someone needs to ask these interviewers that have been divorced, if they pay the ex’s bills when they over spend and have financial problems.

She has been interviewed numerous times on the View, which Joy is on, and they acted like a bunch of sycophants to her. Joy wasn’t as gushing as the panel on the view but it was a very soft interview, as most of the initial ones were. But of course, if I was in her position, I would much rather have this type of interview than one that, going in, you know they can’t wait to carve you up.

Joy made reference a couple of times that she was not a fan of the Royal Family.

At least, Joy called her Sarah and one time referred to her as Fergie.

Seeing signs of growth? I don’t.

And as Diarist says: “I don’t wish to offend.”

She is still so clueless. At one point at the end of the interview she says this amazing thing about 'Finding Sarah' - "It's not about me really'. :ohmy: What? Listening to her patter - really listening to all the set-phrases she repeats endlessly interview after interview, one is made aware that she is not - I repeat, not - in a good place.

Is it over? Has she stopped interviewing? Has she stopped? For her sake I hope she has because its gotten very hard to watch, frankly - and I won't anymore. Nope.

P.S. The interviewer is not hostile IMO. Just doing her job and in a very unsentimental way. I think Sarah freaks out when she realizes she has not 'charmed' the interviewer. Oh well....so it goes. Hope she comes to terms with her life - she doesn't really have such a bad life. And hey - it happens to us all - we can get 'fired' from a job. We might want to go back but we can't. Sarah has to really move on - meaning, let go of this need to be 'in the center of the playing field' - that she so morosely states in the Australian 60 Minutes interview - its an addiction that she cannot meet anymore. She's been fired. Its over.

Last edited:
Well she didn't seem very hostile to me. How ridiculous Sarah can sound when she hasn't thought things over. Not about her? What is it about? Not a case full of money? It was money to pay her debts not a case full of money. How confusing. It wasn't for access to Andrew but she said clearly in the first video of the "event" that it was and unfortunately she said said "Andrew said"..... etc. etc.
She would be better off not giving interviews because the journalists are, well it has to be said, much smarter than she is. This is easy to say but what else can she do to make the money that she seems to think is necessary for the kind of life she leads? I really think she should do public speaking but with someone else helping her with what she is going to say (someone who really knows his/her business) then definitely NOT accept questions afterwards.

Maybe her next stop will be Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump. It would certainly give her the publicity she craves.....and I might watch the show for the first time just to see Donald tell her "you're fired".

Maybe her next stop will be Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump. It would certainly give her the publicity she craves.....and I might watch the show for the first time just to see Donald tell her "you're fired".
She'd cry.

Of course. It's part of her stock-in-trade, along with talking about her "bestest friend" Andrew, "my girls", and being a "good mother." I think that I'd be less cynical if I heard, just once, a genuine acceptance of her bad behaviour and real remorse rather than self-pity. Oh dear. I just want her to get her head right so that she doesn't spend the rest of her life dreaming of her 10 years as a royal duchess.

She'd cry.

Of course. It's part of her stock-in-trade, along with talking about her "bestest friend" Andrew, "my girls", and being a "good mother." I think that I'd be less cynical if I heard, just once, a genuine acceptance of her bad behaviour and real remorse rather than self-pity. Oh dear. I just want her to get her head right so that she doesn't spend the rest of her life dreaming of her 10 years as a royal duchess.
She won't because she doesn't really WANT to and that is the sad part about it all.

And one of the reasons for this is, surely, the fact that Sarah's only real 'stock-in-trade' is the fact that 25 years ago she married into the Royal Family before separating from her husband in 1992, amidst allegations of adultery and cheating on her part. And all her interviews and television appearances seem to draw on this period in her life...... and now she seems to regret splitting up from Andrew, her settlement spent, her options apparently limited, especially with her suitors long gone as well........

The only way out I can see for Sarah is if HM offers her a living in exchange for Sarah's retirement from public life and a carefully-controlled budget. But even if The Queen were willing to do this, I don't think that Sarah would be unless she had absolutely no other options and/or had therapy will a patient, well respected therapist. Those are the "interviews" she should be doing. Right now.

And one of the reasons for this is, surely, the fact that Sarah's only real 'stock-in-trade' is the fact that 25 years ago she married into the Royal Family before separating from her husband in 1992, .

Last edited:
Finding Sarah

I am over 40 pages into the book that I received yesterday from the local library (and God Bless the lending library! Mr. Russo would KILL me were I to buy all the books I have read!) and I have a couple questions and observations about the book.
The first observation is that she dedicates the book to (her New BFF) Oprah for pulling her out of the darkness. To Andrew who has the "True Sarah"--what exactly does that mean? And to her daughters who have stood and are standing by her. Sounds a bit CYA IMO.
Right after the so-called (in Sarah's mind) sting with the fake Sheik and before it hit the newspapers, Sarah said another businessman appeared and wanted to back her projects. He met Princess Beatrice. My question is, why is an ordinary business man able to meet with the 6th in line to the throne so very easily?
When the news hit, the businessman vanished. All right, however, it makes me wonder, how many OTHER businessmen have been given access to the 6th and 7th in line to the throne as easily as washing ones hands? Which makes Russo think that Sarah has been trading hard on access for a long time. Although that is just my opinion.
When this mess hit splat, Simon Cowell sent Sarah an e-mail. Of course she published them. What struck me, however was that Simon gave her very sound advice. He said something along the lines of "Sarah, you need to retreat into the shadows, people will forgive and forget but there needs to be time." Well, our Sarah did NOT follow his advice. Why not? Although I do have my own opinion, was that Sarah was going to do what Sarah felt like she should do whether it was right or wrong and lay it all out there in the public court for everyone to see.
One of the good things that is coming out of this book, however, is that Sarah is reminding everyone of the things she has accomplished for good. And some of it really deserves praise. Although it is just me, however, I really am turned off by people who toot their own philanthropic horn too much.
One of the things that I am quite turned off about, it that all the mean people in this world all have it in for Sarah again. Heard this before in "My Story".
This is an easy read. I will most likely have it finished before the weekend.

Russophile; said:
All right, however, it makes me wonder, how many OTHER businessmen have been given access to the 6th and 7th in line to the throne as easily as washing ones hands? Which makes Russo think that Sarah has been trading hard on access for a long time. Although that is just my opinion.
Agreed, as I said before the NOW must have had an inkling that Sarah would be up for it before setting up the "sting" and catching her out on tape. I would love for a reporter to ask her point blank "Have you ever sold access to your ex-husband or children before? If not, why do you think the NOW thought you would do it this time?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you NGalitzine.

I have also posted to the effect that the NoW's fake sheikh claims that he only sets up 'situations' to replicate situations that he knows already exist: thus the Countess of Wessex 'sting' was set up when a disgruntled employee of R-JH tipped off the fake Sheikh that Sophie was 'trading on her royal connections', Jodie Kidd [supermodel] was set up in an attempt to catch her out again on her cocaine use, and therefore apparently, Sarah was set up because it was not the first time that she had done this sort of thing......

Alex

Too near the truth to be funny perhaps....

To be serious again, one thing that has occurred to me over the past few months is that - and this is purely speculation on my part - the Royal Family might know more about Sarah's alleged misdeeds than is publically known. I know as a fact that the security services keep a watchful eye on the events and people that surround the BRF: the reason for this is actually to monitor the situation to ensure the safety of the BRF, in other words, to identify potential security threats..

I would speculate that after the NoW 'sting', the Security services actually checked pretty thoroughly into the background of the affair, and I am pretty certain that any such check would have revealed whether or not Sarah had been selling access to Andrew on a previous occasion. I would also speculate that if something had been discovered, BP would NOT have trumpeted the discovery from the Palace walls!!! Behind the scenes, though, I would speculate that there would have been various repercussions. For example, I would imagine that it would have effectively 'killed' any chance of Sarah being invited to William and Catherine's wedding.

Just my thoughts,

Alex

Last edited:
I never thought of that before Diarist. But I can imagine you are right it would be in the securities best interest to stay aware of what was going on. Of course if they knew the Fake Sheik was a setup they clearly didn't see the need to protect Sarah. I have often thought it wasn't the first time she had done this the price was too set and she had it all down so pat. Not the markings of a first timer. Why would Beatrice even be meeting a business man? Can she spot a phony where her mother can't? I would love someone to ask that question Ngalitzine but I doubt they will ever get the chance. Sarah will just walk out like she did in the aussie interview.

Finding Sarah

Now about 80 pages into the book. This is where Sarah has gone away to "heal". Not a bad prospect, I'd do it myself. However, our Sarah heals in Malaga, Spain; she then goes to heal in Montecito <sic>, California; and also a trip to Maui, Hawai'i with her new BFF Oprah, who pitches the Finding Sarah docudrama on her OWN network. (Russo would LOVE to heal like that!!)
Of course Sarah posts an e-mail that Princess Beatrice sends her telling her she misses her Mummy. Makes the Princess sound like she's 12 years old. At the end of a couple chapters Sarah offers some "nuggets" like de-toxing with ginger watercress soup and an invigorating run will help one get the good endorphines moving for positive thoughts. These parts are just a re-hash of "What I know Now".
The gist of the book is "If I can pull myself up from out the mud, you can too!"
Yay. . . <insert Kermit arms here>

Finding Sarah

I have forgotten to add that Sarah has written about a whole page gushing about how wonderful PA has been, etc. that they are a TEAM, a FAMILY that they still LOVE each other, etc.
Boy do I feel sorry for this guy. If ever he wants to get a date it ain't gonna happen. She's basically staked her territory on him!

Well, if Prince Andrew and Sarah are a team, I jolly well hope that the 'cash for access' fiasco was NOT teamwork!!!!!!!!!

I have posted previously to the effect that when I have met Prince Andrew he struck me as fairly affable but none too bright. I wonder if he ever reflects on the fact that back in 1989 Sarah [when she was pregnant with Eugenie to boot!!!] had no difficulty in being unfaithful to him with Steve Wyatt - in other words, Andrew did NOT seem to figure large in the same team as Sarah in those days?

I wonder now whether he ever queries whether Sarah is 'using him'? It seems that Sarah had no difficulty in turning him into a cuckolded husband when she thought that she had other [richer] options: now, with her richer suitors long-gone, and having made the discovery that plump not-too attractive poor 51 year old ex-duchesses do not appear to be sought-after 'hot properties', it appears that Sarah wants very much to become 'part of the team' again. Does not Andrew suspect that Sarah possibly has other motives other than her much vaunted desire to be with her 'bestest friend'?

Last edited:
:previous:IMO, she's doing a lot of CYA at his expense. PA can't come out and SAY she's doing this so he's distancing himself from her. I'd kick her sorry arse out of the Royal Lodge and over to Argentina, but that's just Russo. :whistling:

:D

The point about Argentina is actually well-made. Sarah is not as homeless as she makes out in her interviews and her books - she certainly has SOME interest in the Argentinian property and bearing in mind that she said that the profits from her 'Hello' photoshoot with Andrew and baby Bea were used to 'save the Barrantes Estancia', we have speculated here that she might own the house outright i.e. not jointly with her sister Sarah. If she has the option to live there, then there seems to be little justification for her to be allowed to live at Royal Lodge on the basis that 'she has nowhere else to go'.

And as for Sarah's assertions in her book that 'they are a TEAM, a FAMILY that they still LOVE each other,' etc. then I feel sorry for Andrew - although I actually suspect that as Royal Lodge is large [30 bedrooms plus guest rooms] that Sarah is not in as close residential proximity to Andrew as she likes to make out, nevertheless, with her presence there and her repeated assertions that the Couple is a team, then I do feel that Andrew's chance of meeting someone to love are possibly a bit limited. Much of Andrew's commercial links and his friendships seem questionable, to put it mildly, but he has nobly stood by Sarah over the years. At 51 he, too, is getting no younger, and whilst being a Prince obviously endows one with 'special pulling power' I nevertheless think that if he wants to have a new relationship with someone, he needs to make that move now......

only my thoughts and not meant to offend,

Alex

Last edited:
Let's stay on topic.

This thread isn't about Sarah and Andrew's feelings for each other, their marriage and/or divorce, or where Sarah lives UNLESS its in the context of an Interview or Television Appearance.

. Sorry Darling, I've had enough of Sarah's escapades.

Diarist, the book also made a point of saying that she really lives no where but everywhere and she prefers to be a nomad living everywhere.

But no, the press is awfully quick to kick Sarah and not report on the good things she has done. Finding Sarah says she is trying to build a girls school in Afghanistan and that is a very good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom