Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Oprah had lunch with Andrew and "the girls" earlier this year, before the first episode of this aired. She might have been letting them know what the content would be.

You are 100% correct; Andrew should be steaming about this. Maybe he's realizing this and rather than having fought to stay in his role as UK Trade Ambassador, agreed to step aside. Even he must realize how desperately Sarah is compromising both the present and the future of the Royal Yorks. It's the tail wagging the dog, IMO!

I fear for the future of the York princesses. They won't be working royals and must fend for themselves with a mom like Sarah in their way. I wonder if the fact that they aren't working royals *is* what the RF has "done" about this. If so, it is not enough.

Andrew needs to step up to the plate and draw some boundaries around his daughters whether Sarah likes it or not.

i absolutely, postively knew that doing this program on oprah's network, or any network, was a bad idea. as soon as i heard them mention it, it screamed of oprah taking advantage of a situation. the best thing for sarah is to remove herself from the spotlight and get her life back on track quietly and remain a private figure out of the media. i like her but i'm so disappointed that she so blinded by the opportunity to be in the news.

i absolutely, postively knew that doing this program on oprah's network, or any network, was a bad idea. as soon as i heard them mention it, it screamed of oprah taking advantage of a situation. the best thing for sarah is to remove herself from the spotlight and get her life back on track quietly and remain a private figure out of the media. i like her but i'm so disappointed that she so blinded by the opportunity to be in the news.

Yes. She needs real therapy, which, as someone said, takes place away from the camera!

I wonder if there will be fall out for Oprah after this...?

Dymphna said:
Yes. She needs real therapy, which, as someone said, takes place away from the camera!

I'm beginning to feel that Oprah is no better than anyone else in taking advantage of Sarah, and filming the princesses for the show - let alone filming them upset and crying - proves it.

If Sarah really wanted back in the royal family, Oprah has done her no favours!. A "friend" would have saved her from herself. Sarah is ultimately responsible for her problems, but people like Oprah are capitalizing on it.

I think Oprah is going to end up looking stupid with a failed network on her hands.

I fear for the future of the York princesses. They won't be working royals and must fend for themselves with a mom like Sarah in their way.

I am so glad you see what a huge obstacle to a solid life that Sarah is. SHe is preventing them from living stable, normal lives and is constantly dragging them into her projects, appearing with them at THEIR duties/public appearances, and she is horning in on possibly their relationships as well (asking boyfriends for money). Fergie will be in the way all the time, constantly creating issues or ending up almost sabotaging the romantic and professional life of her daughters.

What is wrong with the Queen that she isn't stepping in? This isn't diffidence, but neglect.

Sarah's next step will probably be something blatantly illegal, with the cash scandal being borderline illegal.

I really doubt that anything negative could hurt Oprah in any shape or form as the woman is very much self sufficient. Its totally the opposite with Sarah. Sarah needs to come to the realization that fame by association is not hers to own. What Sarah is basing her "fame" and "public figure" on is her time in the royal family which has for sure reached its expiration date long ago, her daughters whom she seems to want to "sell access" to (via her program) as much as she sold access to her ex husband and the latest, being buddy buddy with Oprah.

Other than her Children in Crisis and her lukewarm success in publishing, what else does Sarah really have to stand on to make her a public figure that is worthwhile?

When I first heard about "Finding Sarah", I also thought that it was a terrible idea. But I reasoned that Sarah would be going up against the likes of Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Oprah and she would end up saying and revealing things that she did not want to. But I was wrong. Sarah played it brilliantly and she only talked about what she wanted to talk about and only admitted what she wanted to admit. Somehow, that is worse.

She is very clearly in control and able to manipulate things and people, including her own family.

I believe she will end up clutching at her ventures until it all slips away; then, she will completely self destruct. It's only a matter of time.

Oprah in my humble opinion is not the issue here Sarah using her children for her own gain yet again & Andrew being spineless enough not to step in and stop it is really the main issues here. As the mother of 4 adult children I would still rather fall face down onto a live land mine before I make a public spectacile of any of my children's pain and even more so if I was the one who caused it. I think the girls were really thinking they were doing what would help their mother in the end but it just seems like they were hurt in the process. I agree with what someone said earlier after seeing the footage of both girls pain Andrew should have been enraged. To me Beatrice seemed disappointed & poor Eugenie just seemed hurt. I think Sarah has sunk to an all time low & I don't think I am alone in thinking that. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for all three of them to see Sarah in her true light & they will be able to move on in their own lives. just my thoughts.

Hopefully this will be the catalyst for all three of them to see Sarah in her true light & they will be able to move on in their own lives. just my thoughts.

They won't until she is thrown out of Royal Lodge to live in some scummy apartment or the streets.

I'm beginning to feel that Oprah is no better than anyone else in taking advantage of Sarah, and filming the princesses for the show - let alone filming them upset and crying - proves it.

If Sarah really wanted back in the royal family, Oprah has done her no favours!. A "friend" would have saved her from herself. Sarah is ultimately responsible for her problems, but people like Oprah are capitalizing on it.

Yes, exactly. Oprah is capitalizing on Sarah's addiction to attention.

I think Oprah is going to end up looking stupid with a failed network on her hands.
I think you are right.

I am so glad you see what a huge obstacle to a solid life that Sarah is. SHe is preventing them from living stable, normal lives and is constantly dragging them into her projects, appearing with them at THEIR duties/public appearances, and she is horning in on possibly their relationships as well (asking boyfriends for money). Fergie will be in the way all the time, constantly creating issues or ending up almost sabotaging the romantic and professional life of her daughters.

What is wrong with the Queen that she isn't stepping in? This isn't diffidence, but neglect.

Sarah's next step will probably be something blatantly illegal, with the cash scandal being borderline illegal.
I think the queen is being cautious. Maybe she is working behind the scenes.

I really doubt that anything negative could hurt Oprah in any shape or form as the woman is very much self sufficient. Its totally the opposite with Sarah. Sarah needs to come to the realization that fame by association is not hers to own. What Sarah is basing her "fame" and "public figure" on is her time in the royal family which has for sure reached its expiration date long ago, her daughters whom she seems to want to "sell access" to (via her program) as much as she sold access to her ex husband and the latest, being buddy buddy with Oprah.

Other than her Children in Crisis and her lukewarm success in publishing, what else does Sarah really have to stand on to make her a public figure that is worthwhile?
It does seem as though Andrew, if not the girls, has slowly withdrawn his public support for Sarah and that it is occurring to people that Sarah is not completely trustworthy.

I think that letting Beatrice and Eugenie to lead private lives--i.e. no full-time Royal duties--is a way of protecting them. I can imagine them showing up at official events and Sarah showing up as well (not with them, but on her own) and taking the attention away from what they're trying to accomplish.

Honestly, we don't know what HM's involvement is in this matter. She could be "stepping in" behind the scenes in ways that we won't know about for years to come.

I also think that the Palace knows all about this reality series of Sarah's and is at least as disgusted as we are.

Exactly. When did we last hear him make a statement about her except about Sarah being his "third child." That said a mouthful and doesn't sound like someone "divorced to" someone he still has feelings for.

It does seem as though Andrew, if not the girls, has slowly withdrawn his public support for Sarah and that it is occurring to people that Sarah is not completely trustworthy.

I think you are right.

I think the queen is being cautious. Maybe she is working behind the scenes.
Copy that. The only time I remember when HM made a public statement was the Diana furor after the accident. Wish I were a fly on the wall when HM spoke to Andrew, and I would bet a good bottle of Merlot HM is/has.

I have a slightly different take on Beatrice and Eugenie's involvement. I would bet that they both jumped willingly at participating in the show. I think this is less an issue of Sarah manipulating her daughters for this one particular incident, but more how she has raised them in general: to jump behind their mother in every circumstance. Loyalty to your parent is a great and admirable thing, but making situations worse by doing so in such a public way is not.

For two young ladies who are finding how they will fit into a rather public setting, how unfortunate to be a part of this.

Copy that. The only time I remember when HM made a public statement was the Diana furor after the accident. Wish I were a fly on the wall when HM spoke to Andrew, and I would bet a good bottle of Merlot HM is/has.

I am with you on that one. I think in the end Sarah's mouth & actions is going to do her in. It is not like she has not had more than enough chances to change if she really wanted to. At some point we all have to pay the piper and maybe the bill has finally come due. I just feel for those two young women who are just starting their lives out in the public eye & having to overcome this bad ideas already.Russo make that Merlot for you & Chardonnay for me.....LOL!!

Last edited:
They won't until she is thrown out of Royal Lodge to live in some scummy apartment or the streets.

I was reminded last evening of the effective way that the BRF kept the Duke of Windsor away from the UK except on very select occasions. They had a chokehold on his allowance. (PBS ran an excellent series including some films that I had never seen - including one of QV!)

Sarah won't end up on the streets or in some scummy apartment, but I can 100% see her relocating - either voluntarily or a bit less than voluntarily - but permanently - to her own home that she currently owns in Argentina: where the bills of the household will be met, arrangements for regular visits from her daughters arranged, and additional spending allowance made predicated on correct behaviours. The spending cash of course could be used to do her usual course of travels and other self-indulgences and Andrew is free to fly her over to join him on his vacations, but on his own dime.

I am also reminded that Sarah's mother died with the electricity turned off at that house due to lack of money, and that Sarah's mother's brother blew through his entire inheritance as well. To such individuals, money in lump sums is never a good idea. Money allocated and doled out by neutral third parties who are beyond manipulation or bound by law to follow a certain course is the only way to prevent destitution. No matter what the income is, the outflows exceed.

I think that letting Beatrice and Eugenie to lead private lives--i.e. no full-time Royal duties--is a way of protecting them. I can imagine them showing up at official events and Sarah showing up as well (not with them, but on her own) and taking the attention away from what they're trying to accomplish.

I thought of that too. Sarah is too much of a loose cannon to let Beatrice and Eugenie work for the RF.

I was reminded last evening of the effective way that the BRF kept the Duke of Windsor away from the UK except on very select occasions. They had a chokehold on his allowance. (PBS ran an excellent series including some films that I had never seen - including one of QV!)

Sarah won't end up on the streets or in some scummy apartment, but I can 100% see her relocating - either voluntarily or a bit less than voluntarily - but permanently - to her own home that she currently owns in Argentina: where the bills of the household will be met, arrangements for regular visits from her daughters arranged, and additional spending allowance made predicated on correct behaviours. The spending cash of course could be used to do her usual course of travels and other self-indulgences and Andrew is free to fly her over to join him on his vacations, but on his own dime.

I thought of that too. The BRF is no stranger to members and potential members being..."difficult."

Well. First of all Oprah of course has to find something to keep her network worth watching. What better than to have someone with a tainted past who was a part of the BRF? It makes for interesting T.V. of course. Sarah is the one who accepted the invitation from Oprah for a price Im sure. Dragging her daughters into it probably fetched a nice price as well. Sarah doesnt know what to do with herself. She is like a lost puppy who keeps wandering until someone rescues her. I have to agree though. I think the RF should step in or their father for goodness sake. The girls dont belong in the world that Sarah has created.

she has raised them in general: to jump behind their mother in every circumstance. Loyalty to your parent is a great and admirable thing, but making situations worse by doing so in such a public way is not.

All kids love their parents, they love them because they at first unquestioningly trust them and the hardest thing to find out and realize (and then accept) is that your own parents don't have your best interests at heart and have groomed you to be used. The reality is too horrible to face and they are likely trying to figure out themselves, much less Sarah.

I have a slightly different take on Beatrice and Eugenie's involvement. I would bet that they both jumped willingly at participating in the show. I think this is less an issue of Sarah manipulating her daughters for this one particular incident, but more how she has raised them in general: to jump behind their mother in every circumstance. Loyalty to your parent is a great and admirable thing, but making situations worse by doing so in such a public way is not.

For two young ladies who are finding how they will fit into a rather public setting, how unfortunate to be a part of this.

I hadn't thought of it like that before but I can see where your coming from. After months of having the world judge their mother it's very understandable that they might want to have their say. That doesn't mean it was the right thing to do, just that it was done with the best of intentions. I also think they would discussed it with their father and explained their reasons for doing it. If Andrew thought they were doing because of pressure from Sarah it wouldn't have happened.
Andrew and Sarah managed to bring the girls up without the usual bitterness and nastiness of divorce so it particularly sad to see them suffer now. Now that the show has aired I hope things settle down for the family in general. I hope Sarah makes wiser decisions in the future, and that Andrew new role is less controversial. However, I fear there is further trouble ahead; there is the possibility of Sarah "friend" telling the full cash for access story (that could spell trouble for both S and A), it has also been reported that one of the girls associated with Epstein is negotiating a tell all book (that wouldn't be great news for A).
On top of all that I read recently a former employee of Sarah's might be due for parole from prison next year, and obviously she has spent her time there writing a book which she hopes to get published.

However, I fear there is further trouble ahead; there is the possibility of Sarah's "friend" telling the full cash for access story (that could spell trouble for both S and A), and it has also been reported that one of the girls associated with Epstein is negotiating a tell all book (that wouldn't be great news for A).

On top of all that I read recently a former employee of Sarah's might be due for parole from prison next year, and obviously she has spent her time there writing a book which she hopes to get published.

Lord have mercy. None of that can be good news.

Well. First of all Oprah of course has to find something to keep her network worth watching. What better than to have someone with a tainted past who was a part of the BRF? It makes for interesting T.V. of course. Sarah is the one who accepted the invitation from Oprah for a price Im sure. Dragging her daughters into it probably fetched a nice price as well. Sarah doesnt know what to do with herself. She is like a lost puppy who keeps wandering until someone rescues her. I have to agree though. I think the RF should step in or their father for goodness sake. The girls dont belong in the world that Sarah has created.

I was under the impression that Oprah made Sarah take responsibility and admit on camera that the "Finding Sarah" documentary was Sarah's idea. So I don't think that Sarah accepted the invitation, but rather asked for the opportunity.

No Oprah made her admit the 20 something mile trek in Alaska was Sarah's idea, that Sarah wanted to do it...Oprah made it clear she thought it was rather pointless.

MM

Lord have mercy. None of that can be good news.

I do'nt know about you, but I would certainly buy it. I bet Sarah's personal life is quite colorful and as an ex-employee, chances are the writer has more than earned it. At least the ex-employee ended up doing something productive in their spare time while sitting in jail.

No Oprah made her admit the 20 something mile trek in Alaska was Sarah's idea, that Sarah wanted to do it...Oprah made it clear she thought it was rather pointless.

MM

Thanks for the correction. That makes sense. Sarah probably wanted to make the trek to gain people's admiration...and I do admire her for that. I certainly couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom