Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably Sarah doesn't leave a "paper trail" when she conducts some of her alleged business.;)

Incidentally, one of the main reasons for making sure everything is above board [and that the transaction is properly evidenced in documentation ] is that a tax liability will ALWAYS arise, and the parties will need to be able to produce the proper paperwork to HM Customs and Revenue [ the UK version of the IRS]

I've just been thinking............Sarah in her recent interviews always makes it clear that it rankles with her that she was not invited to William and Catherine's Wedding [even if she expresses it in statements that she understands why she was not invited because she is such a bad person etc etc (although obviously she apparently does not really think she is) but she must realise that there were other people who had a good claim to be invited but were not: two examples spring to mind:

Lady Annabel Goldsmith, who used (after the separation) to host Diana and the two Princes to lunch most Sundays at her home in Ham, South West London [in fact 'friends' of Annabel told that press that she was quite upset at not being invited, but that does not alter the fact that although once close to William, she was not deemed worthy [not quite the right word perhaps] of an invitation [for whatever reason - the tabloids cite Camilla here, but we do not know if it that is true - the bottom line was that she was not invited....]

Senora Lucia Flecha De Lima, a very close confidante of Diana was not invited [for whatever reason]

And what about Lord Snowdon? Can one of the forum-watchers confirm this for me, but I do not remember Lord Snowdon being present.. He was divorced from Princes Margaret and indeed had a number of personal indiscretions in his personal life, but managed to remain on good terms with the Queen. May be he was present, although I did not see him; if he was not invited, well, may be the reason was that although his children were, he himself had [like Sarah] had little contact with Williams over the more recent years.........

So, with these 2 and possibly 3 omissions, why on earth is Sarah imaginine a slight?

Only my view, and I don't mean to offend,

Alex

Last edited:
Presumably Sarah doesn't leave a "paper trail" when she conducts some of her alleged business.;)

Absolutely, and apart from the 'jokey' aspect of your post, it also reveals a serious point - how can Sarah possibly be expected now to be taken seriously as a businessperson when there are lapses like this in her record-keeping / methodology? It hardly gives credence to her role as a savvy business-professional [or even a 'humanitiarian' or a 'philanthropist' come to that........!] I just think that if there is any chance of Sarah recovering herself, her best course of action is now to say nothing more and retire out of the limelight for as long as it necessary for her to recover her integrity. And I fear that this may be a long time coming. Really, I find this so disappointing; 18 months or so ago, Sarah only needed to curb her reckless spending and then avoid the Fake Sheikh set up (albeit that the two are obviously linked) and then she could have by now hopefully re-established better relations with some [I reckon Prince Phillip is a lost cause] of the Royal Family and her future would have looked almost reasonably optimistic; instead, as other forum members have said, it's almost like watching a slow motion train cash, as the Oprah series and the book and the related books interviews and publicity seem to be conspiring to ruin any chance of a dignified way forward for Sarah.

Alex

Exactly, Alex. As I've said in a couple of previous posts, who would hire her? What person of integrity would do business with her knowing that she's open to shady dealings? She needs to prove in some concrete way that she's a changed woman and can be trusted.

- how can Sarah possibly be expected now to be taken seriously as a businessperson when there are lapses like this in her record-keeping / methodology? It hardly gives credence to her role as a savvy business-professional [or even a 'humanitiarian' or a 'philanthropist' come to that........!]

That was the thing about the Piers Morgan interview that drove me nuts. He would ask questions ... none too difficult of course, but he never challenged any of her answers that he could have. He was so blinded by the stars in his own eyes that I guess he saw nothing amiss. He does seem to be able to challenge others in interviews.

Go to the daily mails website and look up his articles, you'll find a fair few in the last year in which he talks about his friendly relationship with Sarah. It wasn't stars it was a friend softballing for a friend. If Morgan had in journalistic intergrty he would've refused the interview on grounds that it was a conflict of interest.

Anyone get to see the show last night?
How did Sarah get on with her trek through the arctic?

Anyone get to see the show last night?
How did Sarah get on with her trek through the arctic?

I happened to be able to catch the late night showing of this episode. Actually, Sarah did remarkably well with the overnight trek through the artic cold. I think the lowest temperature shown was -38F. It would NOT be very uncomfortable to have to step outside the tent and walk away for a bit in order to go to the bathroom but Sarah did it. There were times when it hit home just how dangerous this trek was. At one point a doctor was called out (he came by a snow mobile) to check on a patch of frostbite starting on Sarah's face. She was also given the option when getting close to returning to Yellowknife to take the easy way out but she chose to finish what she started. I *know* I would never make it through that kind of a challenge and I have to admire Sarah for completing it.

The downside for me was it seemed that every conversation was about Andrew and the girls. How they honeymooned there, how much Sarah was thinking about Andrew through all this ordeal and at the end saying something to the effect that everything she does is for Andrew and the girls and that they are her blood as she is theirs. It really sounds like there is nothing in this world that is ever going to tear her away from her Andrew.

Next week wraps it all up and from the clips shown, it will be mentioned about Sarah being helped out by Epstein and how it upset her when it hit the press. I think Beatrice will also be featured along with Dr. Phil.

Mirabel said:
I agree; I think the thing about Sarah that I find most irritating is the way she exploits her daughters. The fact that she is the mother of his children ties her to Andrew (and to the Queen) and she never hesitates to hit home the fact that the girls are the Queen's grandchildren. But still she allows her behavior to reflect on them.

(I honestly think it's because of Sarah that it's been made clear that Beatrice and Eugenie will not be working royals but are expected to find jobs in the private sector).

What really got to me was the casual way she admitted to living off their trust funds! What kind of parent would touch their child's money?

When was it mentioned that Sarah was living off her daughters money? I thought Andrew was providing for her.

I happened to be able to catch the late night showing of this episode. Actually, Sarah did remarkably well with the overnight trek through the artic cold. I think the lowest temperature shown was -38F. It would NOT be very uncomfortable to have to step outside the tent and walk away for a bit in order to go to the bathroom but Sarah did it. There were times when it hit home just how dangerous this trek was. At one point a doctor was called out (he came by a snow mobile) to check on a patch of frostbite starting on Sarah's face. She was also given the option when getting close to returning to Yellowknife to take the easy way out but she chose to finish what she started. I *know* I would never make it through that kind of a challenge and I have to admire Sarah for completing it.

The downside for me was it seemed that every conversation was about Andrew and the girls. How they honeymooned there, how much Sarah was thinking about Andrew through all this ordeal and at the end saying something to the effect that everything she does is for Andrew and the girls and that they are her blood as she is theirs. It really sounds like there is nothing in this world that is ever going to tear her away from her Andrew.

Next week wraps it all up and from the clips shown, it will be mentioned about Sarah being helped out by Epstein and how it upset her when it hit the press. I think Beatrice will also be featured along with Dr. Phil.

Kudos to Sarah for completing the trek. It sounds like it was a real challenge which took a lot of determination. I think she might have wanted to do something to make her family proud for a change, maybe that's why they were on her mind so much. Perhaps that's the mindset you need to be in to have any chance of completing such a challenge (i.e. dedicating to someone, something, some cause). You almost have to make it very personal.

Osipi, thanks very much for taking the time to give me an update and review, very much appreciated.

Kudos to Sarah for completing the trek. It sounds like it was a real challenge which took a lot of determination. .
Actually, this isn't the first time Sarah has done something like this she's trekked across a desert before on horseback. (I can't remember which one, Sahara or kalahari.)
However, for all her grit, kahunas, and determination finances and her personal life just aren't her strong suit.

Well, she's certainly had an adventurous life! Any one of these experiences would be a terrific one, but she's had so many.

You know what book I'd read by her? One titled "I Have Been So Lucky" where she recounts some of these adventures, not dwelling on "and my toes got rally cowld" but "I couldn't imagine so many shades of the color blue could be in one sunrise." One in which she actually expresses gratitude for all that she has, instead of endless regrets about leaving all she had behind.

Even post divorce, she's had a fantastically rich life of experiences. It's a pity that she only equates "rich" with "money."

I would challenge her to not write the name "Andrew" or the word "Royal" anywhere in it. And hire an editor with a strong blue pencil edit streak to completely eliminate any vestige of self-pity.

Not "What I've Learned Which Quite Painfully I Never Seem To Have Retained For Very Long." Just a "What A Life!"

Well, it will never happen, because I don't think she is ever going to be content with what she has. But there you have it.

I personally stopped believing in docu-dramas on TV, in "challenges" and "calling in the doctor" - the luxurious hotel is just meters away from the "jungle camp", the doctor is called in to show how dangerous it is etc. - that's how it always is. IMHO, of course.

This is a great idea! Sarah does have a real way with words, and I think that she could do something like this.

You know what book I'd read by her? One titled "I Have Been So Lucky" where she recounts some of these adventures, not dwelling on "and my toes got rally cowld" but "I couldn't imagine so many shades of the color blue could be in one sunrise." One in which she actually expresses gratitude for all that she has, instead of endless regrets about leaving all she had behind.

According to my TV listings OWN is running all 6 episodes today, starting at 3 pm with the first, then back to back for the first 5, then a break with episode 6 at 9 pm (all times Pacific.) I watched the first 2 when they aired, but couldn't force myself to watch the others, and I doubt I'll watch the Sarathon today. Although the yellowknife one might be interesting - just to see if she in fact inaccurately claims it was where she honeymooned.
In terms of her non invitation to 'The' wedding - was Princess Anne's ex - Mark Phillips present?

sndral said:
In terms of her non invitation to 'The' wedding - was Princess Anne's ex - Mark Phillips present?

He was not...

Aren't the girls in the final one? That would be interesting to watch just to see what they say. I don't think this has worked out the way she thought it would so far no word on anything work wise coming out of it. Which means without a big income she is going to be in the exact same place I would be surprised if she has anything left of the Oprah money the way she spends. When she went on the view she made a point of saying the dress she was wearing was bought of the rack, from Michael Korrs store which wouldn't have been cheap anyway it also looked awful on her! But they also insisted on calling her The Duchess of York and it was so sickly sweet no tough questions and Sarah just went with her stock standard answers. How she was set up and how bad the tabloid is and it was all there fault Sarah was just a little victim....and they bought it! I think it shows clearly she has learn't nothing from the show except a new excuse she is a people pleasing addict! It was also the british tabloids fault that her mother was now being portrayed as a bad mother they took what Sarah said and twisted it. I've seen what Sarah said and they didn't twist it at all! The Oprah show did and Sarah went along with it when it suited her of course. I wonder if she will whine about not being invited to Zara's wedding?

Makes her sister cry and then tells her that, "You have to forgive yourself." As if her sister living her life is wrong, as if bringing this up decades later is right. Right to the end it's someone else's fault.

Been away awhile and am trying to catch up - lots of reading. :)

Terrific posts here! Totally agree for the most part. I have never been a Sarah Fan OR an Un-Fan. I loved her wedding and her wedding dress ranks right up there for me - but she was not anyone I sought out among the royals. I do hate cruelty and thought she was being given a bum rap. But since I do not have much experience of her I had an unformed perspective on her.

But once someone puts themselves forward as Sarah has done with this show that is so very personal - they have to accept that they will be judged. Can't get around it. (Same thing happened with Diana).

Sadly, Sarah does not appear to wear well - at least for me. I doubt she will get any gigs from the 'Finding Sarah' show - though I haven't seen the last episode that will air tonight. She winds up not being a likeable person IMO - her complaints and the constant focus on certain topics gets wearing - yet this is a hard one to call because its a show that's been edited. Is this a true reflection of her - or is it manufactured?

I saw the first 3 episodes and gave her tolerable good marks. She started losing me with the 4th show. And the snow trek one was a waste of my time. Yet that episode was a production decision - not Sarah's 'fault' per se, except it reflects on what the editors had to work with - maybe. They could have combined the 4th and 5th episodes into one episode easily IMO. In fairness to Sarah - all the editing and decisions about what went in and what stayed out - was out of her hands - I am assuming. If it was in any way in her hands - she needs to find a day job.

Again, at this point I don't know to what extent I am seeing Sarah and to what extent I am seeing bad production decisions. In the end I'd have to say this whole exercise was a mistake as executed.

That video of the '10 Questions' Interview was hilarious. She was pissed from the get-go. She was 'selling' nothing except convincing people that it was unlikely this was an interesting person whose book one would want to plunk down some money for. She is not in charge of herself - no sense of the camera and what she has to do for the camera. She is not really a 'natural' in front of the camera, I would say - and several hours of watching her now I have to say, I don't think she is 'changing' - she is going through the motions. I think she worked with good people who take their work seriously - like Dr Phil and Suzy Ormond - but increasingly I did not see Sarah as a person who was really engaged with the process.

The show I am riveted by is 'Tatum and Ryan: The O'Neal's' - I think that's the title - that airs just before (or after) 'Finding Sarah'. Its a winner. Its about Tatum and Ryan O'Neal coming to terms as father and daughter after years of tragedy and alienation. Talk about searing truth - with very human moments of humor. It helps immeasureably that both protagonists are actors and have screen presence. It also entails footage of two people - not just one - and is an exceedingly well edited show with a story-line. I don't know what to make of 'Finding Sarah' at this point - either her production team let her down - or there was not much they could do with what they got.

I will watch the final episode tonight - too bad I saw the '10 Questions' interview first. Its a disaster - an embarrassing one. You know how she comes across to me? She even did it a few times in the "Finding Sarah' - as spoiled. She says: 'This will stop.' 'We are not doing this anymore'. Kinda - royal? Oh dear - so, so, so very sad. Like Diana - I think Sarah is caught in the glare of the stadium lights. I think in her heart of hearts she believes something about herself (poor self-image notwithstanding - it can co-exist with that - in fact, usually does) that is not to her advantage.

Oprah gave her a HUGE opportunity. I think she blew it. I think she knows it. That's what we saw in the '10 Questions' interview. She blew it and she doesn't have the inner where-withal to stay in the game on her own. She does not understand the camera. She hasn't a clue. I may be wrong but that's my 'take' - and its a very sad thing to watch.

Last edited:
I've skipped the last couple of episodes because I, of all people got disgusted. I've been a Sarah fan for years, even if her actions were bizarre. She has a great place to live when so many of us are struggling to hold on to our homes. She goes on terrific holidays when most of us haven't had a decent vacation in years. Seven for me. She attends the best parties, the best restaurants, the best of everything. Why? Because her 2 daughters are princesses, and she's got Andrew wrapped around her little finger.
:censored:

Makes her sister cry and then tells her that, "You have to forgive yourself." As if her sister living her life is wrong, as if bringing this up decades later is right. Right to the end it's someone else's fault.

How long until she ends up like Winehouse or Marilyn Monroe? If she's losing control, it's likely that she will end up self destructing. She won't be able to end up with more work or end up getting more moeny from endorsements. I just hope to God the princesses get all the help and support they need to get through this.

Well, I judge 'Finding Sarah' on a lot of levels. First and foremost, as a production, it fell short - and I don't know where the problem lay. I would say they had a very weak story-line, perhaps, but they also did not have a very engaging main character to work with, in the end.

Dr Phil does his job but Sarah's ability to repeat Dr Phil-isms is not growth. Ironically, by the end of the show the question looms: where is Sarah? She was not found in this show. It appears to be all about her public image. Its an empty message. There's nothing there. Dr Phil says it: the public life may not be for her. He looks at her meaningfully - he pauses. She will have none of it. She's addicted. She needs her celebrity-fix. She wants to be the center - and that desire - without talent or accomplishment - will continue to be a hard flail to her pride. That final conversation with Dr Phil was significant. His final statement to the camera was a cop-out IMO - he didn't even look the camera in the eye. :sad:

I have a hunch that all those involved in this at some point realized they had a dilemma - including Oprah. They tried to wrap it up neatly as a record of a triumphant passage but no triumph is evident. All the claims ring hollow. One gets no sense of a personal life, no sense of a person of substance. Her claims about how good it is with Andrew start to sound hollow - like if she says it long enough and loud enough it will be true. Not a good place to be for any woman.

Its clear her daughters know the truth of the situation and are not convinced of any change in Sarah. Its fascinating how similar Diana's and Sarah's mothering stories are: William is the son who sought to save his mother, Beatrice is the daughter who seeks to save her mother. The bane for every child of a weak parent that leans on the child like an equal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was actually said that Oprah made them reshoot some of the show because it was so boring. I think Sarah also put a lot of restrictions on what she would talk about. I don't think her affairs ever came up and all her money problems from before. Did they find out what she spent it all on or just bought the I'm too generous line that she likes to give? Sarah was never forced to take any responsiblity and I think Dr Phil saw that she wouldn't. Sarah wants a public life but doesn't want any bad press when she does wrong, Sarah wants a lavish lifestyle but doesn't feel the need like the rest of us to live within her means. Who is going to give her a job, clearly she lies and she isn't a good example of womanhood. To sell things you need to be able to trust the presenter Sarah can longer be trusted. She is going to be in Hello talking about Andrew saving her of course the question arises did he actually pay out from his own purse or just give her advice etc. I would think he had to give out some monies of his own because anything else would have caused a stir. I don't see Sarah changing her ways she has found being the victim pays and I think she will run with it for awhile until the next lot of debts which I think will be sooner rather then later. I can't understand why people keep giving her credit? Especially after last time around when she never paid back people fully they only got so many cents in the pound. I'm not so sure she is going to find getting the things she wants on her own that is why I think she also needs Andrew around. Someone who can pay when she can't! I'm not sure the girls see the real Sarah, they haven't watched the Cash for Access video and refuse too instead they believe Sarah's version of events and that isn't good. Not sure how long it will take them to find out the truth but I hope someone is keeping an eye on their money and what they do with it. Sarah is going to need a new job and I think she may think that Oprah is going to look after her. But Oprah is a businesswoman and Sarah hasn't fared so well with her show. I hope she has other options besides Andrew and the girls or we are going to read a very familiar story before the year is out.

Its clear her daughters know the truth of the situation and are not convinced of any change in Sarah. Its fascinating how similar Diana's and Sarah's mothering stories are: William is the son who sought to save his mother, Beatrice is the daughter who seeks to save her mother. The bane for every child of a weak parent that leans on the child like an equal.

I would LOVE to know why on Earth the Queen hasn't taken steps to extract the princesses from being taken advantage of like this. It has to stop because there is no way that Beatrice will be able to live a fully healthy life with having her mother depend on her to save her from herself. She needs to be cut loose and protecting Sarah for the sake of the princesses is a slipshod excuse.

I don't know what HM could do, really, in all seriousness. Call them in and tell them to not support their mother? The princesses are adults now in any case. They can pretty much do what they want.

I would LOVE to know why on Earth the Queen hasn't taken steps to extract the princesses from being taken advantage of like this.

I think Sarah also put a lot of restrictions on what she would talk about. I don't think her affairs ever came up and all her money problems from before.

I totally agree with this. I kept getting that impression, too. This was not an honest, hard-hitting show. Dr Phil's shows can be harrowing - he gets so close to the bone marrow with his 'guests' (why he is so controversial in some quarters). He came no where near calling Sarah out - when likely every viewer was sitting there saying the very questions he was very uncharacteristically not putting to her. Restrictions had to have been in place. the show suffered as a result.

Maybe Oprah was trying to be too good of a good joe with her - Sarah does cry effectively. I cannot believe that Dr Phil believed his own words at the end. It was not a believable moment - and yet, I wonder about her '10 Minutes' interview - did she think she was following Dr Phil's advice? Its clear she's not insightful - did she take too literally some of what he said? It almost seemed so. She simply does not have the skills to be what she clearly wants to be - celebrity famous and popular - its just not there. She doesn't have what it takes. Being the object of pity gets you only so far. People tire of it.

Sadly, it looks like she is not having continuing therapy - something Dr Phil always makes sure is in place. That's a worry, actually. Unless its happening - just not public - and that's good. She needs some sort of professional support because her 'therapy' does not appear to have 'taken'. This show had a worrisome ending. I really do wish Sarah well but I think she needs to get well and be well in private. This famous stuff is just hammering her regardless that she thinks she wants it.

Sarah was never forced to take any responsiblity and I think Dr Phil saw that she wouldn't. Sarah wants a public life but doesn't want any bad press when she does wrong

Precisely. It was not typical of Dr Phil. He usually zeroes in - and while never really cruel, he is merciless in getting to the core. He did not do any of that.

The show was undone by all the restrictions. Oprah, it seemed, made a bad call with this one. Oooopsie!

Last edited:
There is actually a thread about what Sarah got in her divorce. And she clearly has a very bad memory when she is on Oprah and all the other interviews she has done where she says she came away with nothing! Have a read it is very interesting. I do agree the problem is now Sarah just doesn't have any real talent and all her mystic is gone. That has always been an important part of Royalty I believe the mystic. Sarah has let everything hang loose and talks all the time about her great life and her now hard times. Also I don't want to be cruel but Sarah is not and never has been a really attractive woman. She can at times look good but she doesn't have the looks to make it as a television presenter or the personality. Sarah seems to be so self involved I find it hard to believe her being interested in others. For her, her own life seems to be a tragedy she can't look past things and see how much she has had and the opportunities she has been given to see how others really struggle and are still grateful of things even with so little. Her interview with Time showed the real Sarah one who believes she should still be curtsied too and do as she demands. I thought she was very rude and self important far from the funny Fergie who just wants everyone to love her. She clearly had no trouble not pleasing that interviewer and others who don't soft ball the questions and want real answers. Her Hello interview is next I wonder how much she managed to get out of them and I'm interested to see if she did a photoshoot with it and if she says anything new. I doubt we will see anything other then the stock standard answers she has been giving for the past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom