Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found myself getting annoyed about half way through last night's episode. What's the deal here? Stop whining and screaming (literally) and get on with it. How many more times to we have to hear that she's angry at her Mom for "deserting" her? Isn't this the opportunity to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take responsibility for your actions?

Did I miss something?:ermm:

You missed nothing. It all comes down to Sarah. Until she wants to change her life and that's incredibly tough for someone so used to getting covered, she'll never change. What's horrible is that one day, and if she's unlucky it'll be when it's too late, she'll realize how badly she's screwed up her own life.

IMO Sarah is showing off her lack of a moral compass simply by agreeing to do this show. I don't know about her "self esteem" but she surely is lacking in self dignity. It seems she will do just about anything to make a buck. Oprah is big on bringing people on her show merely for the purpose of self abasement and then she pushes the idea that they are, take your pick: renewed, enlightened, finding self/happiness/fulfillment etc. All brought about, of course by the talents of the wonderful Oprah.

Alledgedly her next "star" will be OJ Simpson where she is able to get a confession out of him which no one else has been able to accomplish. Of course OJ is probably in the same situation as Sarah ... badly in need of money and willing to do almost anything to get it, with few if any options. IMO, SF is a major manipulator, someone else used the term "bumbling fool" and that is a perfect description of her. I believe she has played that role most of her life, the jolly, plump, tennis/hockey anyone type of girl in order to be liked and thought a 'brick". This facade is crumbling now with her attempt to get cash in any way she can. And all because she cannot/will not live like a normal wealthy person ... she needs to be super rich ... just rich is not good enough for her. I'm sorry to sound so harsh, I feel very sorry for the Queen, she certainly does not need this nonsense in her later years. As for Andrew, I feel like he has enabled far too much, and as for her daughters ... I feel sorry for them as well because I think too much of Sarah is reflecting on them. If I see one more picture of Sarah clutching the hand of one of her daughters ........ :bang:

Excellent post Princess of Durham. Agree with everything you said, especially the last sentence.

Yes, and Sarah admitted as much in her autobiography, where she claimed that it was to cover up her--wait for it--her lack of self-esteem and her insecurity. I doubt that many people know the "real" Sarah except for her sister, Andrew, and her daughters...and perhaps that's why they are protecting her, because she can't take care of herself.

I believe she has played that role most of her life, the jolly, plump, tennis/hockey anyone type of girl in order to be liked and thought a 'brick".

So in the next 3 episodes she needs to have that lightbulb moment which Oprah loves so much. I don't really see her changing partly cause she doesn't want to also because the people around her need to realise what they are doing is also wrong and not help her. As Princess of Durham pointed out she has played a role for most of her life and it has worked I don't see her changing that. If she has really changed then she will move out of Andrew's house and start looking after herself and not get into any further debt. Not sure how Oprah is going to spin things if nothing actually changes with Sarah. As for my remark about Americans sorry I generalised but it does seem to be the only place she gets work and flattering interviews etc Sarah seems to have made herself a second home there and often talks about how much better things are for her there. I'm surprised she hasn't moved to the States but then she would have to pay rent and wouldn't get to hang out with her girls. I also don't think it's healthy for her daughters to be feeling the need to protect her, who is protecting them?

So in the next 3 episodes she needs to have that lightbulb moment which Oprah loves so much. I don't really see her changing partly cause she doesn't want to also because the people around her need to realise what they are doing is also wrong and not help her. As Princess of Durham pointed out she has played a role for most of her life and it has worked I don't see her changing that. If she has really changed then she will move out of Andrew's house and start looking after herself and not get into any further debt. Not sure how Oprah is going to spin things if nothing actually changes with Sarah. As for my remark about Americans sorry I generalised but it does seem to be the only place she gets work and flattering interviews etc Sarah seems to have made herself a second home there and often talks about how much better things are for her there. I'm surprised she hasn't moved to the States but then she would have to pay rent and wouldn't get to hang out with her girls. I also don't think it's healthy for her daughters to be feeling the need to protect her, who is protecting them?

I know what you mean; in the People mag. article, she is posed at Dummer, but immediately states that it is no longer her home, because she hasn't got a home! THe entire tone of the article about the Royal Outcast is like that, and it's a bit hard to swallow!

(It's like asking someone to feel sorry for a person who won the lottery, and then blew the money on a sportscar in every color- how can you feel sympathy?) :ermm:

Last edited:
I found myself getting annoyed about half way through last night's episode. What's the deal here? Stop whining and screaming (literally) and get on with it. How many more times to we have to hear that she's angry at her Mom for "deserting" her? Isn't this the opportunity to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take responsibility for your actions?

Did I miss something?:ermm:
You are essentially right, but I feel that sometimes one needs to heal in order to be able to "pick yourself up, dust yourself etc." I think Sarah is trying to heal herself, which speaking from a personal experience is really hard and painful and people prefer to avoid facing the pain, even if it prevents yourself from moving forward

You are essentially right, but I feel that sometimes one needs to heal in order to be able to "pick yourself up, dust yourself etc." I think Sarah is trying to heal herself, which speaking from a personal experience is really hard and painful and people prefer to avoid facing the pain, even if it prevents yourself from moving forward

The sad thing is that I believe that any of us that have seriously had to deal with issues in our lives, confront them and make changes will realize that what is being presented as Sarah's "journey" is showing the embossed folder and rarely peeks inside to see the day to day soul searching diary that we all write (figuratively speaking). The different therapies that Sarah seems to be learning from are perhaps good as we all find our own methods that fit us the best but we have to remember that they are just tools and not cures. Its very releasing to stand somewhere and scream out "WHY??" What is healing is when the realization comes of what the answer is.

I've not watched the third installment yet of "Finding Sarah" and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm going to actively look for it. Its not a personal journey of her own in my eyes. Take away Sarah Ferguson and substitute Charlie Sheen or Casey Anthony and they could as easily go through the ropes of this show as well as add their name to a book. In the long run, this is perhaps doing Sarah much more damage than it will be to her benefit.

The way I see it no good has ever come not taking responsiblity for your own actions & playing the victim. She seems to be hell bent on riding this self imposed public pitty party as this can her with no reguard to who it runs down including her own children. Just mt thoughts.

Last edited:
In the long run, this is perhaps doing Sarah much more damage than it will be to her benefit.

It's doing her more damage than she would have dreamed in her worst nightmares. The Daily Mail has excerpts from her new memoir. No one except maybe the most fringe elements of Sarah's favourite New Age/self-help culture is going to take Sarah seriously after this book gets out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-book-airbrushed-cover.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sarah might as well have just drawn a red line through any future inspirational speaking career.

Last edited:
It's doing her more damage than she would have dreamed in her worst nightmares. The Daily Mail has excerpts from her new memoir. No one except may be the most fringe elements of Sarah's favourite New Age/self-help culture is going to take Sarah seriously after that book gets out.

The Duchess of York Fergie's shamelessly self serving book is as airbrushed as the cover | Mail Online

Sarah might as well have just drawn a red line through any future inspirational speaking career.

She really does come across as delusional in these excerpts. She talks to pictures of her daughters every night and says goodnight to Diana?!! Either she is making up stories to sell a book or she really going off the deep end.

IMO, neither Andrew nor Sarah will ever remarry or even be in a serious relationship. He has become her caretaker for the sake of their daughters, his reputation, the Royal Family's reputation and maybe love...

Her story is becoming quite a sad one.

IMO, she has really gone off the deep end. Pitiful. Poor Prince Andrew and his girls.

Huh. It's available for Kindle. I'm actively considering taking one for the team and reading it.

Although I'm a little afraid it'll be so pathetic I'll feel bad for mocking it. There's a point where it just gets sad.

And yet they still live in the same house, go on skiing trips as a foursome...

That doesn't look/feel like a broken family.

The thing that is especially sad is (and I think it's intentional on her part) is that with all her glowing comments about Andrew, how could he possibly go on and have a life of his own? She is trying to firmly lock him into taking care of her for the rest of her life, IMO. Honestly, after reading that excerpt from her book, aside from trying to make a few $$$, I think that is the purpose of it; to make sure she has someone to take care of her. I wonder what she would really do if Andrew told her that she had to move out/on. My bet is there would be another, much more telling book involving the whole BRF. If those little "nuggets" come off as some kind of pearls of wisdom to help others OR to pave a way for any kind of inspirational lectures in the future, I think it is a major miss.

Delusional from A-Z
I would love to hear some comments from the Duke of Edinburgh :p

And who is this woman?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/29/article-2009312-0CC682B100000578-0_468x572.jpg

If you claim to be honest, be so honest and put an honest photo on cover.

In a way it is a honest pic, even if she appears to be decades younger than she is. But the hard eyes and the tough lines around the mouth tell you that this is not someone you want to meet and do business with, even less meet on a social level. She looks IMHo, and sorry to her fans but I'm trying to give my honest and immediate impression, she looks like a seasoned hooker in that pic.

In a way it is a honest pic, even if she appears to be decades younger than she is. But the hard eyes and the tough lines around the mouth tell you that this is not someone you want to meet and do business with, even less meet on a social level. She looks IMHo, and sorry to her fans but I'm trying to give my honest and immediate impression, she looks like a seasoned hooker in that pic.

Actually the picture for the jacket of her book reminds me of the Glamor Shots that are available all over here in the US. No matter what you look like, with these photos you look glamorous and alluring. This photo portrays her as something she never has been and never will be... a cover girl. Its so NOT Sarah its pathetic. I just wonder how long they worked on the makeup and the photo session and then the "touch ups" in the lab.

I did finally watch the third installment of "Finding Sarah" last night and to be honest, I found the exercises that she went through quite interesting. The screaming on the mountain part was a bit hokey but to me, that's an exercise that's best done in private With the rocks and the outbursts, to me it would not be a public spectacle. I'm not sure if all of this was filmed, but I would think that at that time she would have left the rocks (her burdens) up there when she left. Same thing goes for visiting the bathroom. Some things you just have to do on your own and leave a whole lot lighter.

The remarkable thing about the blind maze and the horse whispering exercises is that it forced Sarah to follow her own instincts and trust herself She actually did superbly in both of those. I don't have any idea how long it took them to film all of the segment with the horse but it was obvious that the horse grew to really trust Sarah and follow her. I found it really touching and it did show me that there *is* something about Sarah that is very lovable and strong inside her.

All three exercises in this episode were very much away from "outside" personifications of Sarah such as Andrew, her girls and her financial situation. They were exercises in the "now" and it was the most honest and straightforward therapy I've seen yet. Too bad the next installment will probably wipe all that out as it deals with Sarah's emotional breakdown because of William and Kate's announced engagement

I feel so sad for Sarah.

I am sure my upbringing was not unique in that we were discouraged from "rubbernecking" at roadside accidents or trash talking anyone that was clearly "not right". The refrain was "just look away".

I find myself wanting to look away from Sarah - as if witnessing her ... er ... decline ... is somehow bad manners or exposes my own character as being a little trashy. I had the same problem when clips/photos of Brittney Spears would show up on the news or appear on magazine covers. I *wanted* to look because there is an odd sort of fascination with watching someone fall apart at the seams - but it felt wrong.

Sarah is living in the aftermath of her collective decisions. She is sleeping in the bed she made and treading the road she paved ... which means that watching her try to "understand" and "analyze" her mistakes and missteps is ... like listening to a seventeen year old tell you why they did not come home on time (some friend needed assistance, I needed to help them!), tried that funky smelling hand-rolled (everyone else was doing it and it's NOT addictive, Mom!), failed math (the teacher did not get me, did not understand my math needs) and spent all their allowance at the arcade (I got playing and before I knew it ... they should NOT make those games so addictive!).

Sarah needs to *really* accept her mistakes, take a back seat, get a job, stop embarrassing her daughters and the BRF and step up to the plate she is dancing around. There's no home run, game winning swing in this scenario.

IMO, she has really gone off the deep end. Pitiful. Poor Prince Andrew and his girls.

Agreed. You have to wonder does Andrew have to pay for a bad choice for the rest of his life. I know I will get beatdown for this one but marrying Sarah was a bad choice. However people will only do to you what you allow them to. Could be maybe he doesn't realize much of his life & own happiness he has given up and may think because he has been guilted for so many years that he may actually think he does not deserve better. I will also say that over the years Andrew has missed the chance to teach his daughters about self respect & not taking whatever crap someone wants to dump on you. Showing them that if you truly love someone there are things you just don't do. I know that people who are drug addicted to drugs & alcohol hurt people they love which causes them to make the hard choice to wash their hands of them. It's amazing all the things that we accept which can grow to be things that we regret. The whole thing is just sad.

Andrew's bad choice is that he hasn't moved on. It makes you wonder about him... She was living in his house since the divorce! One thing I can say for them both though, is that they have done an admirable job raising their children.

I haven't seen the show- just clips.

I think that her real therapy will begin when, instead of focusing on her mother's abuse of her, she starts asking why she is abusing Beatrice and Eugenie this way. They are two lovely young women and she is constantly and needlessly humiliating them.

If she can answer why she had a man sucking her toe while her daughter was standing right there, she'll know the root of her problem.

It isn't a lack of "self" worth. It's a lack of respect for OTHER people. She has a compulsive need to degrade and disrespect the people who love her. Even her mother, in her death.

Sarah is the ultimate in self centered. The woman does not think of anyone but herself except when it applies to her or can draw attention to help her.

It's sad how she keeps repeating over and over how much she loves Andrew and how much Andrew loves her...she lets everyone know that he had her photo with him at the WillKat wedding. Touching, isn't it? :bang::sad:

See, here is how life works...one makes choices and then no matter how they turn out later on, deal with it and don't spend the rest of your life alternating between whingeing and navel gazing over them.

Sarah was no teenager when she made the decision to dishonor her marriage vows because it got difficult and "boring"...She was at least thirty. She took vows in Church, and she threw it away thinking she had found freedom and a better way to live with God knows which one of her lovers at that time.

The only way she can redeem herself now is to reclaim her dignity. And she can only do that by shutting her mouth and not embarrassing her poor children any more than she already has.

Even if it means she won't get a fat paycheck from Oprah Winfrey. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom