Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, however she IS publishing e-mails of her daughters in her book for all and sunder to see and she's, IMO, black balling PA from ever having a new romance. Sorry Darling, I've had enough of Sarah's escapades.

Diarist, the book also made a point of saying that she really lives no where but everywhere and she prefers to be a nomad living everywhere.
Possibly that should have said she prefers living anywhere she doesn't have to pay for.....at least that would be my interpretation.

Finding Sarah 120 Pages In

She had her session with Dr. Phil and has moved onto a gentleman who had a brain tumor that went away. She's working on herself, however, I can't help but feel that when Dr. Phil said she was a media junkie that she is using this whole scenario to feed this need. Of course this isn't anything new that others haven't pointed out before.

Finding Sarah 183 pages in

And still there is no mention of the money she received from the Fake Shiek. Where did it go? Did they get it back?

Watching Sarah on Joy Behar right now. I have to say that she appears to be very gracious towards the royal family, much more than the host really. On the show she said that the Queen is the greatest lady she has ever met. And that she is NOT a member of the royal family.
Granted she is also still spinning the cash for access and seems very stuck on Andrew. But I think that I am seeing signs of growth.

She never changes her tune, does she? She's fifty now and she's still gushing about a woman she's disappointed time and time again.

Why si she publishing emails her daughters write her, that to me is totally exploitative.

Last edited:
She never changes her tune, does she? She's fifty now and she's still gushing about a woman she's disappointed time and time again.
She will be 52 this year.

Why is she publishing emails her daughters write her, that to me is totally exploitative.
It doesn't reflect well on the Princesses, I am afraid.
These from the book "Finding Sarah":

To: Mummy York
Dear Mummy,
This is so strange, not speaking to you for this length of time. It is so weird. We are so missing you, Mummy, that we cannot wait till Spain when we can laugh and play and have fun and enjoy our little world and many adventures. This week is going well. Granny is in very good form. Eugenie and I are helping her with her little bits. We even had a picnic yesterday.
I’ve finished three books already. Yesterday, Eugenie went fishing and caught 54 mackerel. She had some for breakfast, and they tasted horrible.
We are so proud of you, Mummy, for doing all your stuff, looking beautiful, and kicking butts in LA. We know all this will mean so many exciting moments for the future and many adventures together to be had. We love you so much and cannot wait to see you.

To: Sarah’s Diary
Hello, diary. I was worried a little through all this learning, Mummy would be different somehow and I would have missed something on her journey that I am so desperate to share and learn from. I was so relieved to be back with my mum, but even more exciting, she is coming back to be the mum I know—the super mum.

To: Mummy
Hi Mummy,
I’m going to sleep right now. I wanted to say I love you so much and that I think of you every moment of every day. I carry you in my heart in everything I do. I am so proud of you and your amazing journey you are taking and thank you every moment that you are the role model you are and for being true to yourself. I love you so so much.
Beatrice

Looks like Sarah's trying to prove how much Beatrice loves her. I hope that Beatrice gave her mother permission to publish these notes. I just feel bad for Beatrice.:sad::sad:

Ferryman's Daughter said it reminded her of Alexandra and Nicholas the II's daughters. How they were purposely kept immature by their mother.
We've kicked around (and mind you, none of us are professional analysts to be sure!) that as long as the girls are very immature, it means that Sarah is needed and wanted in their lives and can hover around and tag along at events.
This is just our take on this situation.

She will be 52 this year.

It doesn't reflect well on the Princesses, I am afraid.
These from the book "Finding Sarah":

To: Mummy York
Dear Mummy,
This is so strange, not speaking to you for this length of time. It is so weird. We are so missing you, Mummy, that we cannot wait till Spain when we can laugh and play and have fun and enjoy our little world and many adventures. This week is going well. Granny is in very good form. Eugenie and I are helping her with her little bits. We even had a picnic yesterday.
I’ve finished three books already. Yesterday, Eugenie went fishing and caught 54 mackerel.She had some for breakfast, and they tasted horrible.
We are so proud of you, Mummy, for doing all your stuff, looking beautiful, and kicking butts in LA. We know all this will mean so many exciting moments for the future and many adventures together to be had. We love you so much and cannot wait to see you.

To: Sarah’s Diary
Hello, diary. I was worried a little through all this learning, Mummy would be different somehow and I would have missed something on her journey that I am so desperate to share and learn from. I was so relieved to be back with my mum, but even more exciting, she is coming back to be the mum I know—the super mum.

Hi Mummy,
I’m going to sleep right now. I wanted to say I love you so much and that I think of you every moment of every day. I carry you in my heart in everything I do. I am so proud of you and your amazing journey you are taking and thank you every moment that you are the role model you are and for being true to yourself. I love you so so much.
Beatrice
My question relates to language usage - although I speak American english I realize that English english is subtly different - in this county we use 'mommy' and well before a child is preteen they switch to 'mom.' I'm on the west coast, so don't know about other parts of the country. In Britain is it common for adults to use 'mummy.' Here if I heard a teenager, let alone a 20 something, call their mother 'mommy' I would assume they were mentally or emotionally age 9 or so. I'm wondering if I'm biased based on the social experiences I have had.

I hope I don't get accused of Sarah-bashing, because I am just trying to give my honest impression, but I do find these emails read in a rather 'contrived' way, rather than in a 'natural' style.

And what is this with emailing 'Sarah's Diary'? Seems a bit odd.........

Do you know, I almost feel that the emails have been drafted by a third party [an OWN advisor?] and then passed to Beatrice and Eugenie for their approval or pehaps [even worse!!] to Sarah for her to 'approve' on her daughters' behalf?

In the UK and perhaps elsewhere, when someone in the Public eye wishes to say something in writing, it is common - particularly if PR people are involved - for the statement to be worded by this professional third party and then passed to the 'speaker' for their 'approval' and then released to the media as if it is their own words. I therefore wonder whether this has happened here?

The use of 'Mummy' is not totally unknown usage in the UK, particularly in upper middle class, aristocratic and royal backgrounds, although the usage of 'Mum' is also not unknown in these backgrounds. [I think I have heard Zara call Princess Anne 'mum' once or twice in interviews etc. Knowing what I do about American Social usage, I woud say that 'Mummy' is used in the UK when Americans would use 'Mom', so I do not see too much of a difficulty here. What I do have difficulty with is the attributed usage of 'journey' by Beatrice - this, IMHO, is the language of Therapists and other professionals in the medical and allied fields etc rather than the natural speech pattern of a member of the royal family addressing her mother. Also the phrase 'Mummy York' sounds a bit 'odd' to my ears...

'Kicking Butts' is a totally un-English term! We do NOT say 'butts'. Which makes me again wonder who actually drafted these 'emails'!!

And, again not meaning to offend, I do find it a bit.......well, distasteful, to hear how Beatrice is apparently trying to encourage her mother in her endeavors, in effect having 'to take care of her'. To me, this seems a reversal of the normal parent/child relationship. Again, without wishing to offend, I find it inappropriate the a child should be required to 'take care' of its parent. One hopes that a parent will nurture the child, not vice versa. I have never been required to take care of my parents in this way - granted, they have not had the life that Sarah has [caused herself!], but my parents have always been 'there for me' throughout my life, never interfreing in my adult life, but always being available to me when I needed their wisdom and asked for their opionion and advice and never vice versa.

And, I have to say it, since I take the controversial view that most if not all of Sarah's predicaments are caused by her own follies, I just find it inappropriate to read emails to Sarah giving her support over matters which are not the result of serious illness or outside misfortune......

Just my opinions and not meant to offend,

Alex

Last edited:
Those alleged writings by Beatrice to her mother make me feel slightly ill.
They may be contrived, but surely the person "contriving?" them knows how old Beatrice is, she sounds about 12 years old or less in these.
I totally agree with Diarist, why give support to a perfectly healthy woman who just manages to get herself into one scrape after another, and sometimes these scrapes are really serious and border on ilegality. Her criticism of her parents was uncalled for especially as we have heard such praise for them from her in the past. She should try the old adage "Silence is Golden" more often.

She should try the old adage "Silence is Golden" more often.
Well according to the book, Simon (I believe Cowell) her buddy, told her to do just that. And, well she did not.
I think his advice was the best. Here's the e-mail from "Finding Sarah":

To: Sarah
Darling Ferg,
From you for a while, except to your sworn closest mates and family, what the world needs is "silence". People do forget and, strangely, they also forgive, but not if you won't let them.
Into the shadows you must go and re-emerge on a sunny day, quietly doing something really lovely, like attending one your daughters' weddings. . .not with a triumphant march as a Roman general returning victoriously to Rome. No front-stage stuff.
Understand that affection is won through quiet humility. . . really understand this. There is nothing greater in a human and nothing rarer, and nothing worth more.
Reputation takes a long time to get back and it is the most valuable thing to have in life. So you have time and make it your goal. It is really the only thing of value you can pass on to your children and grandchildren. so get it back, slowly.
Remember the words of the Bard:
'The purest treasure mortal times afford, is spotless reputation; that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.'
Much love,
Simon

Darling Ferg,
From you for a while, except to your sworn closest mates and family, what the world needs is "silence". People do forget and, strangely, they also forgive, but not if you won't let them.
Into the shadows you must go and re-emerge on a sunny day, quietly doing something really lovely, like attending one your daughters' weddings. . .not with a triumphant march as a Roman general returning victoriously to Rome. No front-stage stuff.
Understand that affection is won through quiet humility. . . really understand this. There is nothing greater in a human and nothing rarer, and nothing worth more.
Reputation takes a long time to get back and it is the most valuable thing to have in life. So you have time and make it your goal. It is really the only thing of value you can pass on to your children and grandchildren. so get it back, slowly.
'The purest treasure mortal times afford, is spotless reputation; that away, men are but gilded loam or painted clay.'
Much love,
Simon

Okay, I am not a Simon fan purely based on seeing him in American Idol, but after having read this, this man is a GENIUS!!!

IMHO, Sarah should have apologized for the cash-for-access-scandal and then quietly disappeared for a time. Any future appearances at graduations or weddings, etc, should be taken with the phrases "low-key", "understated", "periphery NOT center" firmly in the front of her mind.

Well according to the book, Simon (I believe Cowell) her buddy, told her to do just that. And, well she did not.
I think his advice was the best. Here's the e-mail from "Finding Sarah":

Darling Ferg,
Much love,
Simon

Regardless of which Simon that is, be it Cowell or otherwise, they're brilliant and bang on.

The unfortunate thing is Fergie didn't disappear long enough. Had she not done the OWN show or the book and simply reemerged on Beatrice's graduation day looking slim, refreshed and with Andrew and her daughter, it would have been a slam dunk in PR.

I don't think she can quite separate herself from the spotlight. A bit like the mythic Icarus.

I don't find it hard to believe that Beatrice would write these. I've heard the Queen call the Queen Mother 'Mummy', so that usage seems normal to me.

The "kicking butts" sounds like someone English trying to use a North American term. We would say, "kick butt" or "kick some butt"

As far as the Beatrice using 'journey' she is just reflecting the kind of language that Sarah uses.

I wouldn't be alarmed at Beatrice trying to encourage her mum. She seems like an encourager naturally. My mum started an exercise program, and I encouraged her in that endevour.

It's not unusual where I live to hear adults calling their mother "Mummy", although "Mom" or "Mum" is more common. "Ma" is used sometimes as well. I live in an area populated mostly by descendants of British or French people.

My question relates to language usage - although I speak American english I realize that English english is subtly different - in this county we use 'mommy' and well before a child is preteen they switch to 'mom.'

Well to be honest reading the emails made me feel sick. The mummy york thing caught my attention because as far as I know she only has one mother so it isn't like Sarah should get confused who she is. The word mummy seems common among the upper classes my sister in law who is in her late 50's still calls her mother, mummy! It has never gone down well in my family and it is hard not to laugh. I just think it is in bad taste to publish private emails that I doubt Beatrice ever thought would go in a book. Were there any from Eugenie? It seems Sarah relies on the girls for too much. She should be encouraging them and they shouldn't feel that her problems are theirs. I think Simon Cowell said it all and it's a pity that Sarah once again ignored such sage advice. Clearly Sarah loves the attention good or bad and she herself has fanned these flames and continues to do so. I see she likes her ego fed even in the emails! I agree too these make Beatrice sound like a 12 year old not a young woman in university in a long term relationship. If she really thinks about her mother non stop that is a bad thing and comes from worrying about what she will do! That isn't healthy in the long run.

The use of the word 'journey' doesn't concern me very much as that is the sort of word that would be used in the study of English these days to describe a whole range of activities. Now I know I am in a different country but we actually have an English unit of study for our final year students (or maybe now it is their second last year these days) called 'journey'. Students study texts that show a 'journey' of discovery. As we often take our lead from England in education I could accept that Beatrice may very well have studied such a unit and thus the word has that much broader meaning for her than people of an older generation.

These emails sound perfectly normal for me as from a young woman to her mother to whom she is very attached. Given all the attacks that the York family are subjected to on a regular basis they could very much have the view of 'us against the world' and therefore close ranks and come together in a way that a family not constantly under seige would feel the need to do.

This could very well be the case. It's not hard for a family to become insulated and develop that way of thinking, even families who don't have the press watching. It's dangerous for the children because they don't learn to trust outside the family unit.

Given all the attacks that the York family are subjected to on a regular basis they could very much have the view of 'us against the world' and therefore close ranks and come together in a way that a family not constantly under seige would feel the need to do.

Hi Mummy,
Beatrice

The bolded part sounds especially strange to me. IF it were Victorian times I likely would not have a problem, but for a modern adult young woman to speak in these terms I find very, very strange. :ermm:

Were there any from Eugenie?
Yes. One.
From "Finding Sarah"

13th April 2011
My Dearest Darling Mummy
I have had one of the most incredible journeys this past two weeks and it is all down to you, the best mumsy. . . You have shared your friends, so that me and Jack can have a magical time and created moments that are unforgettable for me. I really can't explain how grateful I am that you are who you are. . . your laugh is the best laugh in the world, and this week we really haev laughed. I am just so lucky that I have you to make my world go round becuase without you nothing is possible. . you are the most generous mumsy, and I thank you for the bottom of my soul and the mooon and back for everything you give me every day! I am going to miss our special time together but before we know it we will be back creating more magic. . . I love you with all my heart.
Eugeniexxxxxx

Well Russo has finished the book and the way it is written says that Sarah has found her breakthrough and is on her way to recovery, etc. not to mention a hope of remarrying Prince Andrew. IMO, it just doesn't ring sincere. Or perhaps Russo is just too jaded. . . .:ermm:

From "Finding Sarah"

Well Russo has finished the book and the way it is written says that Sarah has found her breakthrough and is on her way to recovery, etc. not to mention a hope of remarrying Prince Andrew. IMO, it just doesn't ring sincere. Or perhaps Russo is just too jaded. . . .:ermm:

Thank you for reading the book and commenting on it Russo. Just one thing more please - are you saying that Sarah expresses a hope of re-marrying Prince Andrew or have I read what you said wrongly?

I had always thought that in recent times, Sarah had been quite clear that there was no chance of her remarrying Andrew.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

Oh dear - I can't even bring myself to quote the e-mails. They are all wrong. Embarrassingly wrong. Who quotes their children's very personal love-letters to them? Why do that? Most celebrities and politicians do everything they can to keep their children separate from their public personas.

In this case it starts to become clear why - as people have said - she is using her daughters' social status to reflect on her. Its also curious that through these e-mails Sarah highlights her own relationship to the Royal Family - the Queen is 'Granny' to her children. Interesting how that is gotten in there. I have to agree - I didn't have a point of view on this before - but publishing these e-mails is pretty low-brow IMO. (In fact, I could see the possibility of her daughters access to the Queen being curtailed if such personal comments as 'helping with tidbits' and 'having a picnic' - so innocuous on the surface but really intrusions into private life - are potentially to occur. Just an idea.}

I don't buy it for a minute that Sarah is a victim - she may be a 'people pleaser' - but that's the veneer that manipulates, gets her what she wants. Underneath she's calculating the odds. We can see that when she can't 'charm' the interviewer she gets down-right 'uppity'. I no longer believe the PR. This lady is savvy - and some people are doing her modus operandi for her when they 'blame' her 'advisors'. This book is Sarah's - her name is on it - she made all the decisions. Its her responsibility.

Simon Cowell got it right! Like someone said: GENIUS! So why didn't she take the advice? Does she say in her book? What's her rationale for the route she's gone?

Last edited:
Yes Russo, did she actually write that this remarriage could happen or that she hoped it would happen?
It seemed to me when she was doing her initial publicity for the book/show she gushed often about P Andrew, lately less so - perhaps he read the book and thought whoa - better take some steps to end that speculation (hence the pix of him with other 'dates' lately.)
I've noted that we saw them together at Beatrice's graduation and they attended the same funeral (but no shots of them together) in the last few months - but no summer holiday together this year.
Sarah uses extreme flattery to her hosts in her 'friendly' interviews (over the top IMO.) I wonder if this over the top way of speaking is just the norm for her and her daughters.
I agree Tyger, below the veneer we see glimpses of a very different person.

You know, I'm wondering if the way that Beatrice and Eugenie write to their mother is an in-joke between them. Sarah's often talked about her admiration of and her interest in Queen Victoria and her era, and this is the way children and parents sometimes wrote to each other, with over-the-top affection. For example, the correspondence between Prince George, later to be George V, and his mother, later to be Queen Alexandra, is really sugary compared to today.

You know, I'm wondering if the way that Beatrice and Eugenie write to their mother is an in-joke between them. Sarah's often talked about her admiration of and her interest in Queen Victoria and her era, and this is the way children and parents sometimes wrote to each other, with over-the-top affection. For example, the correspondence between Prince George, later to be George V, and his mother, later to be Queen Alexandra, is really sugary compared to today.

To me it doesn't matter how or why or when they correspond to each other or the language it is done in but lets face it. This book was supposedly written by Sarah to encourage those that read it to that there is hope and methods to recover from any issues that hound the general public.

I'm sure there are a lot of us that have faced and overcome obstacles in our lives where the experiences we went through could encourage and motivate others that it can be done. I can't see though how trivial emails or correspondence from our children would be of any interest to the book.

Publishing these emails to me reek of using the golden umbilical cord that is her only link to the BRF these days. Andrew does seem to be distancing himself in the public's eye since the series and the book and I think that's a very good observation that has been made.

Absolutely. I only hope that she had the girls' permission to publish these.:ermm:

Publishing these emails to me reek of using the golden umbilical cord that is her only link to the BRF these days.

I think for some time Sarah allowed everyone to think she and Andrew actually had a chance of remarrying. Especially for the US there is nothing like a good lovestory. It would be a great selling point but I don't think in reality this has ever been on the cards. Clearly since the show and the book and all the gushing interviews afterwards there seems to have been a change in her tune. Now she has clearly said they are just friends and nothing more I think someone told her to back off and Andrew has made things even clearer by dating others. Andrew seems to have distanced himself from her and I think it has been done to stop her using their relationship as some sort of public relations ploy to get attention. Using her daughters emails was just uncalled for and shows how desperate she is to remind people she has some sort of link to the BRF. I really would love Andrew to find someone else I think Sarah would find things very different if he did. The girls seem to have a blind faith in Sarah and nothing she does is her fault something Sarah has instilled in them. That is going to be a problem in the future. She is teaching them not to take responsibility and is a shining example of how to blame everyone else. Not what I would call a super mum by any means of the imagination.

Perhaps Russo can answer this from her reading of the book, or perhaps someone who has seen Finding Sarah can help me, but [in view of a discussion I am having on another thread] is it known from the book or the interviews Sarah gave as to whether Sarah made any contribution to the settlements that were agreed with her various creditors, or did only Prince Andrew, his 'friends' and possibly the Queen make contributions to the fund used to pay Sarah's creditors?

Thank you,

Alex

Perhaps Russo can answer this from her reading of the book, or perhaps someone who has seen Finding Sarah can help me, but [in view of a discussion I am having on another thread] is it known from the book or the interviews Sarah gave as to whether Sarah made any contribution to the settlements that were agreed with her various creditors, or did only Prince Andrew, his 'friends' and possibly the Queen make contributions to the fund used to pay Sarah's creditors?

Thank you,

Alex

To be honest, in all six of the series "Finding Sarah", although she alluded to "losing it all" and being practically destitute and homeless, at no time were any details of how she was solving the financial problems brought to light. In fact, I don't recall ever hearing of Sarah paying something off when I think about it.

Thanks Osipi.

I was just speculating on another thread, because it occurred to me that Sarah seemed to have kept her valuable jewellery etc in that she was not required to sell it or give it up in order to add additional funds to the 'pool' being formed to pay her creditors. I found it unacceptable that she should still have 3 Birkin bags - they do have a resale value, and even if they [only!] produced around £4,500 together it would have added something to the 'pool' as well, perhaps,as teaching Sarah that she was required to help take a bit of responsibility in the matter of her finances.

Thanks again,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom