Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay!

If you wish to see the interview go to

www.nmsn/60minutes.com.au

It was a little uncomfortable for me, I've said previously that I don't believe Sarah should be doing interviews.:ermm:

IMO she is seeking approval & respect, but doing it all wrong.
:sad:
If she stays away from media and quietly lives her life, supporting her lovely daughters, (whom she adores - no doubt about it), and her former Husband...she will, in-time, find what she is looking for.:)

I wish her well, but I was sad for her watching this.:flowers:

P.S I thought she looked amazing in the black outfit, and her make up was great.
;)

Okay!

If you wish to see the interview go to

www.nmsn/60minutes.com.au

It was a little uncomfortable for me, I've said previously that I don't believe Sarah should be doing interviews.:ermm:

IMO she is seeking approval & respect, but doing it all wrong.
:sad:
If she stays away from media and quietly lives her life, supporting her lovely daughters, (whom she adores - no doubt about it), and her former Husband...she will, in-time, find what she is looking for.:)

I wish her well, but I was sad for her watching this.:flowers:

P.S I thought she looked amazing in the black outfit, and her make up was great.
;)

It would be great if she could do this but...she also has no income and so has to get one - her only way of doing so is to sell herself.

It would be great if she could do this but...she also has no income and so has to get one - her only way of doing so is to sell herself.

This just makes me incredibly sad.

Not that I agree or admire what she is doing, just that this is what her life has become. Huh, maybe it has always been this way since divorcing Andrew?

:previous:

I know, and this makes me sad too.

My wish for her is that she find true happiness.:flowers:

"Delete that!"
Sarah Fergusons famous last words lol

The reason Sarah has to "sell herself" now is that she allowed the riches of her own making as well as those of her divorce settlement run through her fingers. I consider that, quite frankly, as appropriate consequences. Bed, make, lie.

shari - thank you for the link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah's almost constant mistakes and follies etc are almost constantly before us because of her appearances in the media, intentionally or otherwise [e.g. Fake Sheikh!!] There is an old Engish joke that those felt to be unintelligent should always 'keep their mouths shut' in order not to confirm it!!!

Again, the media alone is costing her money in terms of representatives and as both you and I think her best decision would be to ignore the media, our "solution" would also have the needed benefit of cutting down on her costs. I wish Dr. Phil would have confronted her on her addiction to media attention... Maybe then, something positive could have emerged from her participation in that reality television debacle.

Sarah, Sarah... Almost all of us wish you well,:flowers: but most don't understand why you keep undercutting and sabotaging yourself via your media relations. This is a great time for recourse to the traditional British "stiff upper-lip".

Please note that there are several Sarah specific threads where members can discuss Sarah and her "issues"

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...current-events-16-1-june-2011-a-31225-25.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rom-the-cash-for-access-scandal-28208-49.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...york-cash-for-access-may-2010-a-27721-40.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...f-york-charities-and-patronages-18720-10.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ndrews-home-royal-lodge-windsor-15764-13.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...e-divorce-and-divorce-settlement-30602-7.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f113/york-family-news-information-and-pictures-780-9.html

I've requested that we stay on topic, closed threads for massive clean ups, moved, edited and copied posts to the correct threads that deal with the specific topic BUT NOT MORE. Going forward, if its off topic, it will be deleted.

If there are any questions, please contact any of the British moderators via Private Message.

Zonk

Is "Finding Sarah" being televised in Australia at this time?

i saw 60 minutes with Sarah on New Zealand tv last night, quite by accident. The thing that got me was how 'tight' she looked; closed in. Tight in her facial attitude and tight in her answers; i did feel sorry for the interviewer; i don't think he asked her anything out of the ordinary (he looked honestly baffled when she walked out); she's not done herself any favours with anything she's done after the sting; she should have laid low, sorted out her problems, both financial and otherwise, PRIVATELY, and then we would, i feel, all have had more sympathy for her.

Having watched the interview, I agree that she didn't come across well at the point where she walked out. But in her defence, I think that there is a lot of trauma associated with her memories of the NOTW sting - you just need to read the first chapter of Finding Sarah to appreciate what a profound impact it had on her life, it what a horrendous time she went through in the aftermath of it.

Yes, she was overly defensive, but can you blame her after the mauling she has had from the media in the last 20 years? It seems that she felt the interviewer was trying to "trick" her into saying certain things (a wrong view for me - I felt the questions were reasonable). There may be a sense of persecution here in view of how she WAS tricked by the NOTW and how her words or actions have often been twisted to put her in a bad light. EllieCat says she lookled "closed in" - of course, after her traumatic representation by the media, it must be very hard not to act defensively!

As for whether she should do interviews at all... Sarah is an author with a new book on sale, so she needs to promote her product. I don't see this as an addiction to publicity - it is a necessary part of how she lives. If people don't want her to be in debt again, she has to support herself through her books and her media work. And this is far more than just trading on Royal connections - it is a career, a form of self-expression and fulfillment. This is who she is, and there are many people who genuinely appreciate that.

i saw 60 minutes with Sarah on New Zealand tv last night, quite by accident. The thing that got me was how 'tight' she looked; closed in. Tight in her facial attitude and tight in her answers; i did feel sorry for the interviewer; i don't think he asked her anything out of the ordinary (he looked honestly baffled when she walked out); she's not done herself any favours with anything she's done after the sting; she should have laid low, sorted out her problems, both financial and otherwise, PRIVATELY, and then we would, i feel, all have had more sympathy for her.

Of course she'd be tight, she had to have been a little worried going into an interview with someone who wasn't going to fawn over her. It's why she snapped, we saw it weeks back when she popped off at the other interviewer. It's only going to get worse because most people aren't like her buddy Piers Morgan who will softball her questions.

"Yes, she was overly defensive, but can you blame her after the mauling she has had from the media in the last 20 years? It seems that she felt the interviewer was trying to "trick" her into saying certain things (a wrong view for me - I felt the questions were reasonable). There may be a sense of persecution here in view of how she WAS tricked by the NOTW and how her words or actions have often been twisted to put her in a bad light. EllieCat says she lookled "closed in" - of course, after her traumatic representation by the media, it must be very hard not to act defensively!"

I am not sure trick is the right word since Sarah quite willingly accepted the cash and promised to provide access to Andrew. Sarah keeps saying she was tricked, but never seems able to reasonably explain why she took the money and promised the access. That is what she keeps running away from, and any serious informed journalist will question this any time she sits down for an interview that is not a puff piece.

"Persecution" seems to be a theme of Sarah's: persecution by media (which I agree was unfair to her when it was about her appearance during her marriage), persecution by the "grey men", persecution now by the interviewers who ask her sticky questions. I think that Sarah is unable to admit to her selling access to Andrew, either to herself or to anyone else. If she offered a confession and showed genuine remorse, she could possibly recover from this. But if she keeps acting in this defensive denial, her stocks will continue to decline. Plus, it's not healthy for her personally.

Sarah keeps saying she was tricked, but never seems able to reasonably explain why she took the money and promised the access.

"Persecution" seems to be a theme of Sarah's: persecution by media (which I agree was unfair to her when it was about her appearance during her marriage), persecution by the "grey men", persecution now by the interviewers who ask her sticky questions. I think that Sarah is unable to admit to her selling access to Andrew, either to herself or to anyone else. If she offered a confession and showed genuine remorse, she could possibly recover from this. But if she keeps acting in this defensive denial, her stocks will continue to decline. Plus, it's not healthy for her personally.

I agree. Sarah at her best, has a very likeable personality and if she had showed genuine remorse, IMHO she would have recovered from the access scandal. But now I am beginning to doubt that she will ever be able to recover from "Finding Sarah" and the interviews that she has done. I suspect that it is too late to change her tune now.:sad:

If Sarah was going to change and admit to it she would have done it by now. She has done plenty of interviews and the whole Oprah show and she still hasn't really admitted her own wrong doing. Just that she was tricked and she was the victim, she is always the victim the press only write the bad stuff about her. What good stuff has she done lately? I don't think she is ever going to admit it and I don't think she can recover. Finding Sarah was a bad idea she admitted it was so she could revive her "brand". But that is way too tarnished now. If she had off been honest she would have no need to be scared by interviewers and their questions and if she had off written the truth in her book she would have no need to be afraid either. Just because she has rewritten her own history doesn't change the reality. Any interviewers in the future have her own words to trip her up she would be better off not doing any interviews. Brand Sarah is pretty much dead and buried and I think she knows it!

A question for Sarah .... how can one be "tricked" if one is doing nothing wrong ???

I would love to know what made them think she would do it? They never said what caused them to think up the sting in the first place. Sarah better hope she only gets fluffy types of interviews I for one would love a proper in depth one and hear her explain why they chose her in the first place! I doubt she would ever do it she couldn't cope with the 60 minutes one well she would blow a fuse.

I would love to know what made them think she would do it? They never said what caused them to think up the sting in the first place. Sarah better hope she only gets fluffy types of interviews I for one would love a proper in depth one and hear her explain why they chose her in the first place! I doubt she would ever do it she couldn't cope with the 60 minutes one well she would blow a fuse.

Sarah worked for the Murdoch organization post-divorce. My thoughts are that they gained knowledge of what pushed her buttons then.

A question for Sarah .... how can one be "tricked" if one is doing nothing wrong ???

False name, false identity, lies, entrapment, hidden mics and camera... that qualifies as being tricked as far as I'm concerned! Of course her actions were wrong, but desperate, scared people (as she was about her financial situation) can be manipulated into doing things. Sarah has admitted she was wrong and apologised, but this doesn't change the fact that she was tricked.

As for Brand Sarah - people say it's all over? Admittedly it's hard to know without viewing figures for the TV show and sales figures for the book. But there are plenty of positive book reviews on Amazon, and enthusiastic fans have flocked to the signings in the US. There has also been plenty of highly enthusiastic reaction to FS on the OWN website. I feel that there is still a market for Sarah to make a living from writing and TV work. Her fanbase is wider and more loyal than many would believe. She doesn't need everyone to like her, but if there is a select, dedicated group throughout the world who will support her, buy her products etc, then that may be enough.

False name, false identity, lies, entrapment, hidden mics and camera... that qualifies as being tricked as far as I'm concerned! Of course her actions were wrong, but desperate, scared people (as she was about her financial situation) can be manipulated into doing things. Sarah has admitted she was wrong and apologised, but this doesn't change the fact that she was tricked.

As for Brand Sarah - people say it's all over? Admittedly it's hard to know without viewing figures for the TV show and sales figures for the book. But there are plenty of positive book reviews on Amazon, and enthusiastic fans have flocked to the signings in the US. There has also been plenty of highly enthusiastic reaction to FS on the OWN website. I feel that there is still a market for Sarah to make a living from writing and TV work. Her fanbase is wider and more loyal than many would believe. She doesn't need everyone to like her, but if there is a select, dedicated group throughout the world who will support her, buy her products etc, then that may be enough.

I repeat, if one has done nothing wrong one cannot be "tricked". It was clear she was there for money, she just got caught on camera receiving it. Seemed to me there was little hesitation in taking the cash.

Can't quite agree. Yes, they set out to trap her but the point is she readily accepted to take money for access. The NOW must have had some clue that she would accept cash for access before setting this up.
Sarah talks about being tricked, but it is more a case of getting caught doing something very wrong. She talks about betraying herself, but she betrayed her ex-husband by willingly selling him out for 500,000 pounds. She is all woe is me...poor Sarah....I was tricked....boo hoo, sniff sniff.
If she had a "moral compass" she would have stood up and said "no, this is wrong" and walked away without the briefcase full of cash, but instead now she stands up and walks out on reporters when questioned about her actions. If you are going to write about it and accept interviews with serious reporters you have to accept serious questions about your wrong doing.
She was lucky that in the UK, unlike in many countries, it is not a criminal offence to sell access to public officials.

Last edited:
Her fanbase is wider and more loyal than many would believe. She doesn't need everyone to like her, but if there is a select, dedicated group throughout the world who will support her, buy her products etc, then that may be enough.

I only wonder what she gives to people so that they become her fans for better and for worse? That's something I don't get.

but now she stands up and walks away from reporters who question her actions.

If this is a reference to the recent interview in Australia that is actually wrong - she didn't walk away because they questioned her about it - she had agreed to that. She walked away because they insisted that she watch it again - something she hadn't agreed to do. She didn't need to have to watch it again in order to answer questions about it. They would only want so show that and insist that she watches it to show her squirming and for ghouls to gloat over. They could easily have included the clip without making her watch it again.

False name, false identity, lies, entrapment, hidden mics and camera... that qualifies as being tricked as far as I'm concerned! Of course her actions were wrong, but desperate, scared people (as she was about her financial situation) can be manipulated into doing things. Sarah has admitted she was wrong and apologised, but this doesn't change the fact that she was tricked..

I don't wish to offend Sarah's loyal fans, but really and truthfully I have to say that personally I find it a bit much that Sarah, clearly up to no good herself [i.e by taking the cash for access] then has the gall to complain about other people whom she sees acting less than honestly; I also find it particuarly hard to stomach that the reason for her 'desperation' and 'being scared' was not due to some sort of hideous misfortune that had occurred to her but due to her long term and sustained uncontrolled expenditure......... When she got into such trouble, why did she not summon one of her proper professional advisers [she has access to the best legal and [genuine!!] financial advice available in the UK] tell them that she had 'messed up' [yet again!!] and asked for their help in setting things right.....

Surely too, the real people that suffer from her actions are her two daughters..........

I queried the reaction here about the favourable reviews on the OWN website and was told by forum members that this is not necessarily representative of how American members who watched FS really feel as apparently anything unfavourable is immediately deleted!!

And as for 'Brand Sarah', even if Sarah had not been shooting herself in the foot with her 'cash for access' and her admissions [terrible for someone who has tried to pass herself off as a savvy business-person] 'that she never understood money' (I am paraphrasing), with all due respect to Sarah and her fans, there is only one way for 'Brand Sarah' and that is down. Sarah's only professional skill is a basic secretarial qualification [in fact she came joint bottom in her class at Secretarial College!]. She is quite an effective public speaker, but in view of her lack of formal qualifications, her only REAL interest, in other words her USP [unique selling point] is that she was once a member of the BRF. As every day passes, she gets one further day away from the member of the BRF she once was.

I had never had the opportunity to watch the Channel 6 tv interview until just now, and listening to how carefully Sarah chooses her words about the Queen and even Andrew, I now get the distinct feeling that Sarah has been 'warned off' about mentioning them. People who book Sarah to be either a 'brand' Ambassador or even a Professional Speaker are actually doing it, surely, for the novelty of employing a 'Royal'. As it is becoming increasingly clear in her TV interviews that Sarah is now minimally linked to the BRF, I would think - particularly as there is a global recession on - that corporations don't have money to waste on a has-been; and anyway, isn't the focus now switching away from 51 year old has-beens to the new generation of Royals, principally William, Catherine and Harry?

I don't wish to offend anyone, but I really think that Sarah is flogging a dead horse and cannot really survive 'as a Royal personality' any more. What she can do now is more difficult to pronounce upon - other than approach the Queen for assistance, which might yet be granted as the Jubilee is looming and I am quite sure the prospect of this loose cannon getting yet again into financial difficulty [which would seem a certainty in view of Sarah's continued failure to adopt a low profile] would be the greater of two evils in the minds of the Queen and her advisors. Which would mean Sarah, in return for her financial expenses for modest being met and a roof over her head, would in return be required to disappear from view.....

I should make it clear that I do not wish to offend anyone; I do not 'hate' Sarah in the slightest, but she has now gone quite a way from the frumpy overweight 22 year old that I first met, who in those days was regarded [somewhat cruelly] as such a non-starter that she herself did not believe that ANYONE would want to marry her. Well-versed in the ways of the world in a way that her brother-in-law's wife was not, she then hooked a Prince but hadn't the sense not to blow it. Sure, she made mistakes, and which of us has not, but to keep making one mistake after the other....words fail me.

Alex

Last edited:
Can't quite agree. Yes, they set out to trap her but the point is she readily accepted to take money for access. The NOW must have had some clue that she would accept cash for access before setting this up.
Sarah talks about being tricked, but it is more a case of getting caught doing something very wrong. She talks about betraying herself, but she betrayed her ex-husband by willingly selling him out for 500,000 pounds. She is all woe is me...poor Sarah....I was tricked....boo hoo, sniff sniff.
If she had a "moral compass" she would have stood up and said "no, this is wrong" and walked away without the briefcase full of cash, but instead now she stands up and walks out on reporters when questioned about her actions. If you are going to write about it and accept interviews with serious reporters you have to accept serious questions abut your wrong doing.
She was lucky that in the UK, unlike in many countries, it is not a criminal offence to sell access to public officials.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say NGalitzine.

If I can help a bit with the Fake Sheikh, whilst I am the first to say that the News of the World can represent journalism at its most grubby, the Fake Sheikh has always maintained that he never sets out to 'trap his victims a-new' but in fact is trying to make them replicate something that is already true so that he can actually film it and obtain evidence: Thus, with regard to the Sophie Wessex sting, the NOTW was apparently first alerted by an employee of R-JH [her PR company] that Sophie was trading on her Royal status; thus the Fake Sheikh claimed that all he did was set up a situation so that Sophie's behaviour could be replicated on camera. Ditto with the well known brother-and-sister polo couple Jack Kidd and his sister the model Jodie. They were caught by the fake Sheikh in a drug-sting, apparently set up by the NOTW because of the couple's well known use of cocaine. This all leads me to speculate that Sarah had previously set up a 'cash for access' deal before...........

Alex

Last edited:
I don't believe it was Sarah's first time the newspaper had to get the idea she would be in it from somewhere. Sarah should be grateful they haven't said how they got the idea in the first place. As for her walking out in the video there is no mention of them showing Sarah footage when she walks out. He is part way through a question when she leaves. I think it had become clear to Sarah that this reporter wasn't buying her usual excuses. Could be the Queen has offered her cash so she will be quiet next year could tthat be where the hundred thousand pounds be coming from? I have noticed too that she has backed down from a lot of her gushing about Andrew and has even stopped wearing the engagement ring. A little bit too late I don't see her getting hired for anything and her books aren't doing as well as they once did. I don't think her latest got very high on the book lists and it's fall has been very fast. It would be better for her to move out of Royal Lodge and away from Prince Andrew that will hopefully show people she really has no life within the RF she just happens to be the mother of two Princesses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom