Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Charteris was right all those years ago when he described Sarah as a vulgar woman.

We all have a less-than-noble side. Anyone who describes herself as having a pure heart has a problem.:ermm:

That reminds me of a roommate I had who claimed he never lied though he was easily the biggest liar I knew.

I used to date a guy who told me how funny he was he wasn't. People who feel the need to tell you that they have a pure heart clearly don't think you are going to see it. I'm not sure how pure she can be after all the things she has done. Having affairs, being greedy, overspending, her love of vacations over work, selling access! Yep spells pure of heart too me. What is scary is she really seems to believe the stuff she is saying she needs to reread some of her previous interviews and her book so she can get things straight.

Try asking friends and family how they see you as being, their revelations could surprise you. The person who lives in our heads could be very different from the person we reveal. Sarah appears to have a big ego coupled with low self esteem, some thing which is not specific to Duchesses, ex or otherwise.

NGalitzine - Lord Charteris is also the man who said that "the Prince is such a charming man when he isn't being whiny"...

Tonight the saga of "Finding Sarah" continues and I'm sure I'll catch it sooner or later this week.

I have a few off the wall questions to pose and would be interested in what the views out there are on it. We were all wondering and supposing reasons why there was a break in new episodes this past week. I'm wondering it maybe it was to not have Finding Sarah on at the same time as William and Kate's visit to Canada and LA? Another thing. Did the royal visit draw attention to or distract attention from Sarah's journey and how the public perceive it?

IIRC, the new episode that begins airing tonight deals with Sarah and the announcement of William and Kate's engagement. I really wonder what thoughts went through Sarah's mind as saw how highly successful W&K have been recently wherever they went.

:previous:Won't that be an interesting comparison: Wills and Kate Media SuperStars and doing diplomatically, and with decorum what Royals ought to be doing, and Sarah and her myriad of problems aired out for all to see. :whistling:

:previous:Won't that be an interesting comparison: Wills and Kate Media SuperStars and doing diplomatically, and with decorum what Royals ought to be doing, and Sarah and her myriad of problems aired out for all to see. :whistling:

After having followed "Waity Katie" for so many years, I can simply not even imagine that she could "do a Sarah" - we still don't know much about the new Duchess of Cambridge, but one thing seems to be clear: she won't shame her husband and his family in public. And my guess is that she won't do it in private either.

NGalitzine - Lord Charteris is also the man who said that "the Prince is such a charming man when he isn't being whiny"...

And he was probably right on both counts. In this case though, if the Prince does whine he at least does it in private and not on a reality tv show. The former Duchess choses to show her vulgarity to the entire world.

Ahh one of the true rewards with making a hefty dinner is that Mr. Remote fell asleep and I was able to catch the first showing of session #4.

All I can say about the physical challenge of walking 26 miles back to Yellowknife lugging necessities and gear takes a whole lot of courage and guts. This episode of the intensive training for the quest for me was actually the best one yet. I don't think I'd even make it to the end of my driveway tugging a tire along and it sure was a far cry from watching Sarah walk doing an aisle with a train following her. She keeps on pushing on. I would have quit and I can understand why Sarah got to the breaking point of quitting also. This was filmed at the time of the announcement of Will and Kate's engagement and actually the session with Dr. Phil was a good one. She touches on her relationship with Andrew and from what she's said, I am now really inclined to think that she would be very happy to spend the rest of her life with him. However you look at that session, it did give her the courage to keep pushing on rather than quit.

Next week is the actual 26 mile trek and should be interesting.

I think Sarah could take a lesson or two from The Middletons in how to behave when one is associated with but not a member of the BRF. Of course the Middletons are fairly new to this......sort of.......

Sarah seems to want to be told exactly what to do, but when people take that approach, she gets huffy. I don't feel particularly hopeful about her changing, after watching the first 3 shows - but will watch the rest of the show with interest.

Thank you for the update Osipi and I look forward to hearing from other forum members who saw the episode too.

Whilst I obviously have not watched the episode, I can well believe why Sarah wants to spend her life with Andrew. Without in any way wanting to be thought of as a Sarah-basher, Sarah does not really seem to have too many other options at this point, does she?

At the moment, even though Sarah has apparently no money [at least according to her!] she is living in a Royal Property on what we call an 'all-found basis'. I count myself as very fortunate and lucky, as I live in a good house in a pleasant part of the country. My husband has a good professional job, and I have always worked although I switched to flexible hours and a more flexible job a few years ago in order to fit in my family commitments. But even so, there is hardly any 'spare money' about in my family, I don't live in a Royal Property, I don't enjoy a designer clothed existence, I don't have a selection of Birkin Bags etc etc and I don't drive about in a Bentley. I don't eat out in Mosimann's!! In other words, my lifestyle - which I enjoy and am very, very, very grateful for, is quite modest by comparison to that of the almost-bankrupt Sarah! No wonder she does not wish to move out........

I can imagine that there is another reason for Sarah wanting to stay put at Royal Lodge and it is simply this - I don't mean to be unkind, but Sarah's way of earning to date has been based on her relationship to the Royal family, and to trying to maintain that she is still 'royal'. Sorry if this offends people, but it is true. At every opportunity she has to remind people that she is connected to Royalty; her books and interviews and even her publisher's 'blurb' talks about Sarah THE Duchess of York. In one of the links posted here, there is even an anecdote about Sarah passing over her business card which is engraved on one side with 'The Duchess of York'. The interviewer is then charmed because Sarah then crosses this through and puts simply 'Sarah'. Well, the fact is that having separated from Andrew in 1992 [ that is nearly 20 years ago], Sarah is hardly 'Royal' any more and she has not been Duchess of York since her divorce. At the moment, people seem to think that she is still 'royal' and I daresay she benefits commercially from this misassumption. Take her out of Royal Lodge and not only will it start to cost her a lot of money but she also loses her 'connection to royalty'. Sad, but true.

And like I always say, I don't mean to offend, but I am just putting forward my view.

Alex

I'm watching the fourth episode and I'm not getting the part about Sarah's "lack of intention" when she introduced a third person into her marriage. How could she not have intended to be seen with the guy in Texas (IIRC)?

More plainly put, the impression was strongly given that she cheated on Andrew - but she says her intentions were good? She didn't mean to do it? I don't get it.

Andrew sounds very sweet. She's lucky that he lets her live there and considers her family. I can certainly see how he wouldn't want to reintroduce her as family, though.

I'm watching the fourth episode and I'm not getting the part about Sarah's "lack of intention" when she introduced a third person into her marriage. How could she not have intended to be seen with the guy in Texas (IIRC)?

More plainly put, the impression was strongly given that she cheated on Andrew - but she says her intentions were good? She didn't mean to do it? I don't get it.

Andrew sounds very sweet. She's lucky that he lets her live there and considers her family. I can certainly see how he wouldn't want to reintroduce her as family, though.

So the topic of Sarah's affair or relationship with Steven Wyatt came up? I'm curious, because she has almost never discussed that topic. I can't watch the show...can you elaborate a little more? Why does Andrew sound "sweet"?

Andrew sounds "sweet" because he tells her that he's glad to have his "three girls" around as family and includes her as family when the girls are around. He clearly does more than just tolerate Sarah staying at his house.

The affair came up obliquely when Dr. Phil asked Sarah whether she had ever *intended* to ruin her marriage or something like that. Sarah said oh, no way, she never *intended* to do anything to ruin her marriage.

At the end, I was left liking Sarah - the way I like some of my weaker-willed family members, but thinking there's no way this woman is suited to the kind of life that the Royals have to endure. I also feel for her daughters, who must be growing up at around the same time as their 51 year old mother (Sarah seems as if she's dealing with issues that are from late adolescence).

All the readers and viewers of Sarah's effusions deserve a medal for Valour and Intrepitude from HM !!

What will happen on Béatrice or Eugenie's wedding-day ? The Queen and the Duke will stay home instead of sitting next to Sarah.

At Andrew's 50th birthday he called her his " Third Child" not as she put it on the show last night that he has 3 girls in his life. Call me crazy but I don't see anything cute or endearing about a 50 year old woman at the time being referred to as a child by anyone. Some may say that he was just kidding but there is a lot of truth in jest.

Dr. Phil said asked her about why is she still living in Andrew's house. He also said I don't know of any adult that does not want their own place to live but I guess the key to that statement is the word adult. The other thing he asked her is how can it be healthy for both her & Andrew for her to continue to live there what surprised me is that she said it was healthy for the both of them. Of course she qualified that by saying since Andrew travels so much & she travels that he is often he is not there so they don't see each other all the time. Sarah's versions of different stories seem to change depending on who she is doing the interview with. Dr. Phil said something to her about being able to move on & that Andrew may have forgiven her, my love her but has moved on but she needs to find a way to move on herself or something to that effect. Just seems to me if she keeps trying to recreate what she she destroyed she will never find Sarah. Just my thoughts.

What will happen on Béatrice or Eugenie's wedding-day ? The Queen and the Duke will stay home instead of sitting next to Sarah.

I don't think they would do that. Most grandparents would just suck it up & grin and bear it rather than hurt their granddaughters on the most important day of their lives no matter their feelings about one of the parents.

The affair came up obliquely when Dr. Phil asked Sarah whether she had ever *intended* to ruin her marriage or something like that. Sarah said oh, no way, she never *intended* to do anything to ruin her marriage.

Course she didn't intend to but it doesn't change the fact that she did. I wonder why they haven't pressed on this. Are they saving it for later or did Fergie make it off limits, which would completely negate the point of "finding" herself.

I don't think they would do that. Most grandparents would just suck it up & grin and bear it rather than hurt their granddaughters on the most important day of their lives no matter their feelings about one of the parents.

Sarah will be put on a leash and that's that. She will be told. It's your daughters wedding, it's not about you so keep your mouth shut, avoid the older royals and everything will go nicely.

THIS is why Sarah can say that she is "pure in heart", because she apparently does not see that her actions, if not "intended", are wrong. This is the reasoning of a child and not an adult. How ever she became this stunted in her maturing process is incredible. Her rationale that these things are not "intended" apparently releases her from all responsibility in her behavior in her own mind. Frankly, it sounds like a sociopath, not understanding what is right and what is wrong.

This sounds to me like the difference between murder and man-slaughter. Whether the killler "intends" to kill the person or not, the victim is just as dead in either case. The only difference the intention makes is the punishment called for. The grief is the same for the victim's loved ones. The kinds of affairs that Sarah engaged in weren't spur of the moment things. They involved travelling and making plans. She might not have "intended" to ruin her marriage, but she must have intended to have extramarital relations with these men--otherwise they wouldn't have happened!:bang:

Last edited:
It is a bit hard to accidentley or unknowingly have an affair. And she had at least one before she was seperated from Andrew. The toe sucking was tasteless but she was seperated from Andrew at least that was her story. Funny though how she was on holiday with the Royal family when it came to light though! Her whole excuse that Andrew was away and she was lonely was pathetic. She knew she was marrying a navy man and thousands of women who are married to men in the forces still are able to remain faithfull. Sarah actually got to see Andrew more then most women in that situation ever could. It was she who ruined that marriage and given Andrews reputation it is admirable that he stayed faithfull to her. If she isn't willing to work through her bad deeds and clearly she isn't she won't learn anything from this show. Sarah seems to have a justification for everything and everything is someone else's fault. Poor little Sarah was just trying to please......

She was separated from Andrew but at Balmoral with the BRF. Do you see a pattern here? :ermm: What separated woman wants to spend her summer holiday with her in-laws?:ohmy: Granted, her children were there, but still...

The toe sucking was tasteless but she was seperated from Andrew at least that was her story. Funny though how she was on holiday with the Royal family when it came to light though!

THIS is why Sarah can say that she is "pure in heart", because she apparently does not see that her actions, if not "intended", are wrong. This is the reasoning of a child and not an adult. How ever she became this stunted in her maturing process is incredible. Her rationale that these things are not "intended" apparently releases her from all responsibility in her behavior in her own mind. Frankly, it sounds like a sociopath, not understanding what is right and what is wrong.

As I watch clips of the show, I find it hard to tell whether Sarah is pretending to be clueless and childlike to avoid responsibility, or whether she really is clueless and childlike. I think it must be a bit of both. Somewhere deep down inside, she must know that having affairs, selling access to Andrew, is wrong: but if so, she's in deep denial about it. Sarah really does seem to believe that if she has good intentions, then she can do no wrong. But on the other hand, she's upset because she always "gets it wrong" and she wants someone to "heal her." It's confusing. The one thing she can't seem to do is say: "I made a mistake in selling access to Andrew; I won't do it again."

I have not seen the interviews of course, but I really think that Sarah is being totally disingenuous. What did she think she was doing when she was cavorting with Steve Wyatt when she was pregnant? Surely it takes only a tiny portion of brain power to work out that this is not consistent with your spousal duties? I hate to say this but the unpalatable truth seems to me that Sarah will now say anything to get money. And as for trying to claim that the Fake Sheikh business was 'all above board' - why set it all up in secret and not take your staff with you if you believe it to be just a normal commerical meeting? Sarah had a very expensive education and knew how to play the rules of the royal game when she was trying to 'hook' Andrew - i.e. behave discreetly, say nothing to the press etc etc. She is now a very mature woman who has had a lot of life experience [and a hell of a lot of life advantages] so how can she now pretend that she is so dumb? I am sorry to say this, but Sarah is coming across as someone who is manipulative and will do and say anything when there is a chance of making money from her words and deeds.

Alex

Well said Alex, Diarist. This series on Oprah, the subsequent book and all the interviews were a terrible, terrible idea. I don't believe that she will ever recover from it. The more she opens her mouth, the more her true colours show and the more unlikeable she becomes. Even the great Sarah supporters have become silent. The only good thing that I can say is that Sarah has shown the DOE to be a good judge of character.

This is why the entire crew hired to look after her/help her keep talking about denial and staring at her, waiting for her to see the light. Dr. Phil gave her a chance to admit she knew what "intention" was (she didn't, apparently - which is sort of scary), but he wants to gain her trust so he can help her - the way you'd try to help a kid in trouble.

I feel for the two young princesses, who seem so much more mature than their mother (I hope they are).

I agree that there's no way to have an "unintentional" affair.

And what kind of judgement does a woman have to "cavort" with a man who knowingly gets sexually involved with her when she's pregnant with her husband's baby? It's as though she's doesn't understand the very basics of decent human behaviour.

No doubt the BRF know a great deal more about Sarah's "indiscretions" than the rest of us and have good reason to not want her around.

I have not seen the interviews of course, but I really think that Sarah is being totally disingenuous. What did she think she was doing when she was cavorting with Steve Wyatt when she was pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom