Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 19: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can state on a positive note about Sarah's interview is that I love the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling. It was all downhill after that. :D

That was a very uncomfortable read between the self-congratulation and the self promotion. Sarah never seems to learn much, in my opinion.

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. She is as dim as Andrew, and almost as self-absorbed.:sad:

She was indeed full of herself. [emoji54]

Most definitely, the "I"s have it. She had quite a good opportunity to really elaborate on the causes she is working for but it was more about *her* connection to them.

Humility and altruism are not Sarah's strong points.

The thing that was striking to me was that Sarah clearly was trying to present herself well, but ends up showing that she is completely unaware of how she is actually coming across. She just can't resist talking about her feelings, the things she perceives as being unfair, and nowhere any acknowledgment that she might, just possibly, have contributed to her negative coverage. She and her ex-husband seem to share a lot of traits.

The highly Photoshopped photo also bothered me a bit, although it's a common enough practice.

She had some plastic surgery done (she talked about it) so might not be photoshop.

My first reaction learning she's done another interview was to think oh Lord what has she said now. Just SMH at the whole thing. She is much like Andrew...they are not good for each other in the sense I think they feed each others negative traits.

LaRae

The thing that was striking to me was that Sarah clearly was trying to present herself well, but ends up showing that she is completely unaware of how she is actually coming across. She just can't resist talking about her feelings, the things she perceives as being unfair, and nowhere any acknowledgment that she might, just possibly, have contributed to her negative coverage. She and her ex-husband seem to share a lot of traits.

The highly Photoshopped photo also bothered me a bit, although it's a common enough practice.

In that interview, the word "etiquette" was mentioned too many times in regard to this particular former royal for it to be a coincidence.

I know she mentioned the teas and maybe the products that make a room smell different, but I think she has some etiquette book in the works, and that was the long goal of the interview.

Etiquette is best addressed by those who are not known to the public for disgrace. Fergie is … a giant stink-bomb in the tabloids having her toes sucked by an unpleasant American while her children watched. Not to mention her later gaffes.

And, now.

Who is paying for her to be in Saudi Arabia? Why is she seemingly drumming up financial support for some … downtrodden part of Saudi Arabia, one of the tippy-top richest countries on earth. Fergie reposes at the Four Seasons Hotel, graciously giving interviews about Saudi poverty? Wouldn't this be embarrassing to the country's rulers, having grubby grasping Fergie pointing out their charity failures? It's Saudi Arabia!

Last edited:
People are going to howl no matter what Sarah does. I admire her for being brave in the face of what's happening with Andrew right now. :sad:

People are going to howl no matter what Sarah does. I admire her for being brave in the face of what's happening with Andrew right now. :sad:
There’s no courage involved, she has products to sell and her whole shtick is being quasi royal so she needs to do as much damage control as she can.
I dislike her constant need to name drop and to co-opt other’s emotions. Sarah knows how Sarah feels and can and does talk about that. She does not know how Meghan or anyone else feels & has no business speculating about that. Sarah is a British aristocrat who’s negative press has largely been caused by her own irresponsibility. Meghan is a biracial American who’s up against Britain’s caste system.
Sarah always has some new business she’s creating and to focus attention on her money making schemes she always references Diana, her ex husband, her daughters, usually the Queen, and now Meghan. She knows the headline will reference the Royal she’s opining about, which will lead to clicks, which will lead to more exposure for whatever product she’s currently shilling.

Hence the reason why this Duchess should have withdrawn from public life a long, long time ago - to appear on various American chat-shows will inevitably lead to her causing embarrassment to her daughters, and Her Majesty The Queen. She just does not know how to conduct herself when cameras are around, and therefore should stay away from them.

Hence the reason why this Duchess should have withdrawn from public life a long, long time ago - to appear on various American chat-shows will inevitably lead to her causing embarrassment to her daughters, and Her Majesty The Queen. She just does not know how to conduct herself when cameras are around, and therefore should stay away from them.

No such luck!

She has no sense of decorum whatsoever- and I believe she would do anything for money!

I'm surprised Sarah is putting herself back out there again. She got a lot of flack for her deals with companies like WW back in the day. I hadn't heard anything much about her in awhile.

I last saw Sarah being interviewed by GMB tv before Eugenie’s wedding and before that a very long live interview on an Irish Television chat show. TBH Sarah’s conduct pales into insignificance compared to the disgrace of Meg-Gate.

I just think that it's been awhile - the last I heard of Sarah she'd bought that house in Switzerland with Epstein's money. I agree her husband and Harry and Meghan will overshadow what she or any of them do in the media for awhile now.

I just think that it's been awhile - the last I heard of Sarah she'd bought that house in Switzerland with Epstein's money. I agree her husband and Harry and Meghan will overshadow what she or any of them do in the media for awhile now.

Oh, but Sarah wasn' t Sarah if she didn' t manage to get back in the focus:)
When things get worse Sarah tops it,like her tweet about Andrew and both are not aware of the impact their actions have.

No thanks. Not in the market for anything to do with what Sarah Ferguson deems a "lifestyle". All it tells me is that this woman is depending on people to be docile sheeple that will want what she has to offer and she rakes in a hefty bank account.

American posters of a certain age will remember a 60's TV sitcom called "Green Acres". There was a huckster character named Mr. Haney, always out to make a buck out of any situation that arose. He was hilarious.

Sarah York has become a female Haney, with none of the humor.:sad:

How did Andrew and Sarah raise such decent offspring?? I am beginning to become more convinced than ever that the rumours of exceptional nannies and the particularly strong influence of their paternal grandmother was more of a factor than is generally known.

I used to really, really root for Sarah.

Last edited by a moderator:

I seem to remember that Epstein loaned Sarah only about 15-20K, yet the Swiss property was in the neighborhood of 20 million.

American posters of a certain age will remember a 60's TV sitcom called "Green Acres". There was a huckster character named Mr. Haney, always out to make a buck out of any situation that arose. He was hilarious.

How did Andrew and Sarah raise such decent offspring?? I am beginning to become more convinced than ever that the rumors of exceptional nannies and the particularly strong influence of their paternal grandmother was more a factor than is generally known.

Green Acres! I loved Eb.

It is unbelievable that Sarah Ferguson would launch a line of merchandise at this time. Her family members are dealing with heavy burdens.

I'd love to know why they thought it was a good idea to go to the Chinese Embassy. Actually, it is kind of amusing to see their stupidity on parade.

I'd love to know why they thought it was a good idea to go to the Chinese Embassy.

It probably makes them feel important and no doubt Sarah is excited by the opportunities of selling her 'Duchess' knick-knacks in China.

How did Andrew and Sarah raise such decent offspring?? I am beginning to become more convinced than ever that the rumors of exceptional nannies and the particularly strong influence of their paternal grandmother was more a factor than is generally known.

Yes I understand...I used to really support Sarah but as time has gone on (and her various antics or whatever you want to call them) I have become more and more disappointed with her.

It's entirely possible the stability of the York girls grandparents have had a big influence on how they turned out. Plus as mentioned the strong nannies etc.

LaRae

I seem to remember that Epstein loaned Sarah only about 15-20K, yet the Swiss property was in the neighborhood of 20 million.
I think the 2011 Epstein loan was £15,000. Sarah said she intended to pay it back, whether she did is unknown.
The 2015 Verbier chalet purchase was rumored to be for £8-13 million via a mortgage & Sarah and Andrew bought the chalet jointly https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30759303

I think the 2011 Epstein loan was £15,000. Sarah said she intended to pay it back, whether she did is unknown.
The 2015 Verbier chalet purchase was rumored to be for £8-13 million via a mortgage & Sarah and Andrew bought the chalet jointly https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30759303

Thanks- I remember wondering why Andrew couldn’t come up with a ‘measly’ £15,000!

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/york/...n-book-deal-with-australian-publisher-137496/

"Sarah, Duchess of York has signed a seven-book deal with Australian publisher Serenity Press. Serenity Press publisher Karen Mc Dermott said she was ‘delighted’ to welcome the royal to the company."

They will be childrens books. Sarah has said "I like to look at life through childhood’s eyes because I think it means you can be spontaneous and creative and just have fun, you know?" The first book in the new series will be available mid-2020.

I see you posted on the Duchess's new endeavour too Mirabel?

Last edited:
She’s published more books than I have, so good for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom