The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I didn’t get the sense she was trying to compare her difficulties with Mandela’s suffering. I thought she was saying that, if someone like Nelson Mandela can move forward despite an enormous amount of pain and suffering, then someone in her own position, with trials that are trivial in comparison, should be able to do the same.

Sarah is all over the place. Sometimes she seems to be one of the most sensible and humble members of the extended family, sometimes she’s a mess.

The fact that she and Andrew raised two daughters who are fun loving and friendly isn’t surprising to me. What does surprise me is that both Beatrice and Eugenie also seem consistently mature and clear headed, much more so than either of their parents.
Yes I agree she wasn't trying to directly compare the stories and I don't think she meant anything maliciously. I just rolled my eyes a little considering that was a mess of her own making and she had openly been saying she wanted to stay away from anything that could be controversial or make the wrong headlines.

I think the recent interviews do seem to capture both parts of her. It is clear that whilst she has learned a lot she also wants to be more high profile again with her various projects. And that often leads her into trouble.

Their daughters really do do them a lot of credit and I have been particularly impressed that they've resisted any temptation to do interviews to "put the record straight" about both their media portrayal or the parents scandals and have just got on with their lives. As a result we see them getting married, having babies and seemingly be very happy and occasionally popping up to support their patronages. That goes a long way to help them.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

How dares she ? Anything to be in the news again.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sarah, to me, is just one of those totally spontaneous kinds of people that sometimes doesn't think before talking. One thing I've never gotten from Sarah though is that she ever did anything or said anything to cause harm to someone else. She has a huge heart.
Absolutely. The only person Sarah has ever really hurt is herself.

After a certain age, there comes some kind of dignity in being able to bounce back and be resilient, as Sarah has been, and as demonstrated by these recent interviews.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Sarah continues her promotional interview marathon with an interview for the Hello magazine this week (also gracing the cover):

** hellomagazine article with video: Sarah, Duchess of York on seeking therapy and dealing with mental health struggles as she releases debut novel **
Old 08-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Yesterday evening Sarah was a guest at BBC One's The One Show to discuss the new book and other issues:

** Pic ** Video **

** dm article: 'He was doing his job!': Sarah Ferguson defends 'superhero' son-in-law Jack Brooksbank..**

** express article: Sarah Ferguson pays heartfelt tribute to Penny Lancaster over new police role: 'So brave!' **

And this morning she attended the Lorraine TV show - by now everybody should know that she has written another book ..

** rex gallery **
Old 08-03-2021, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Royal View Post
Absolutely. The only person Sarah has ever really hurt is herself.

After a certain age, there comes some kind of dignity in being able to bounce back and be resilient, as Sarah has been, and as demonstrated by these recent interviews.
I think you are very generous using the word 'dignity' with regard to Sarah! Why does she have to 'bounce back and be resilient' publicly at all?

Sarah damaged the prestige of the monarchy all those years ago with her behaviour in my view though not in the seemingly intentional way her nephew by marriage and his wife are adopting.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
I think you are very generous using the word 'dignity' with regard to Sarah!
Yes, Sarah wouldn't recognize 'dignity' if it hit her in the face.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Sarah talked to Mail columnist Sarah Vine on her new Mail+ podcast „Femail Half-Hour“ to further promote her book:

** dm article: Why I'm just like Jennifer Aniston: Sarah Ferguson insists she is a star in her own right...**

And during an interview with Radio 4's Front Row she announced she has signed another book deal:

** dm article: Sarah Ferguson signs a SECOND book deal with Mills & Boon just days after releasing her first ..**
Old 08-06-2021, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

She's just saying all this at the moment to get her name in the news to publicise her new book - it's not very dignified, but a lot of people do it.
Old 08-07-2021, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Sarah also did an interview with the Financial Times:

** ft.com: Sarah Ferguson: ‘It has been hard putting myself above the parapet’ **
Old 08-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
How dares she ? Anything to be in the news again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
Yes, Sarah wouldn't recognize 'dignity' if it hit her in the face.
Is it not the tradition in the UK for authors to conduct promotional interviews in the leadup to publication? It seems to me that far more "damaging" interviews than these have been given by her and other members of the royal family.
Old 08-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Could Sarah York just PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT EVERYTHING, public and personal, for ONE year perhaps?? No IG comments. No navel gazing ruminations about self-discovery, ageing, wisdom, memories of Diana, sons-in-law or children and grandchildren. Just go silent and disappear.

I know it will never happen, but one can dream.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 08-07-2021, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Is it not the tradition in the UK for authors to conduct promotional interviews in the leadup to publication? It seems to me that far more "damaging" interviews than these have been given by her and other members of the royal family.
People may not like Sarah, but she's free to talk about a novel she wrote. Nothing's getting damaged by her doing so.

People are also free to ignore her.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Could Sarah York just PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT EVERYTHING, public and personal, for ONE year perhaps?? No IG comments. No navel gazing ruminations about self-discovery, ageing, wisdom, memories of Diana, sons-in-law or children and grandchildren. Just go silent and disappear.

She does do that though! Sarah goes quiet for such a length of time that you think she's finally settled into a discreet private life and then bang! Back she comes in a blaze of publicity, this time concerning a book she's penned and a contract for a second one and again she uses the opportunity to spill out all the usual stuff you've mentioned that she has talked about now for nearly THIRTY YEARS!
Old 08-09-2021, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Sarah appeared at the 'Loose Women' TV Show today, August 9:

** rex gallery ** mirror article with video **

** dm article: Sarah Ferguson says Poldark's Aidan Turner is her top pick to play..**
Old 08-10-2021, 02:29 PM
Administrator

One show each day it seems…

Today, August 10, Sarah talked at the Australian The Kyle & Jackie O Show:

** Kiis1065: Sarah Ferguson Reveals How She Thinks Princess Di Would Feel About 'Megxit' **

** dm article: 'She would have been very proud': Sarah Ferguson reveals what Princess Diana REALLY would have..**

** dm article: Sarah Ferguson will pilot a helicopter across Australia for a nature TV show called Duchess Down Under **
Old 08-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
People may not like Sarah, but she's free to talk about a novel she wrote. Nothing's getting damaged by her doing so.

People are also free to ignore her.
I actually have a soft spot for her and there was a time I actively rooted for her. But her narcissism and endless self promotion wore me down.

So yes...I do try to ignore her now most of the time.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 08-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Both of us are dreaming then !
Old 08-10-2021, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Both of us are dreaming then !
Make that three!
Old 08-13-2021, 04:50 PM
Courtier

She spent way too much time in the sun for her skin type.

Tags
current events, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson