The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2021, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Sarah has written an article for the Basingstoke Gazette:

** Pic ** basingstokegazette.co.uk: Duchess of York: Basingstoke Gateway must be stopped **

Old 06-05-2021, 07:39 PM
Courtier

A quote from Moonmaiden23 that was on the Wessex thread:

It was an embarrassing, ill-advised move when Sarah did it as well. One of too many to count during her public life in fact.

But while she did whinge about being snubbed for the Cambridge wedding, she did not attack the BRF. She did not assert that she had been driven to suicide ideation by her association with them. She didn't say that they snubbed her and threw her to the wolves.

And she did not take the British tabloids to task for their truly vicious treatment-the worst i have ever seen in fact- during her time in the BRF.

As a matter of fact, she now seems to be a true ally of at least one of the veteran tabloid journos, Piers Morgan.

Sarah provided enough colorful antics on her own over the years to be a fixture in the red-tops, even in the staid broadsheet press. However, IMHO, there seems to be a tacit understanding by the the press that maybe it's been enough already.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:41 AM
Majesty

People aren't interested in Sarah any more other than the lateset shindig with Epstein. Its all been said already.. and the press have moved on to newer younger people. She doesn't attack the RF directly because she is still living iwth Andrew and still has some relationship left with the queen...
Old 06-13-2021, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The perfect ending to our Saturday!!! Today, we met the lovely Sarah Ferguson )) I have always wanted to meet her since watching her Royal Wedding as a little girl - she’s indeed a lovely lady !! Looking forwards to tuning to her reading children’s stories "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQB69B5r-7O/
Old 06-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Courtier

I don't think she and Andrew are a "couple" anymore. She did write a tell all book and was on Larry King a few times talking about the royals. She did a reality show for Oprah as well.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I don't think she and Andrew are a "couple" anymore. She did write a tell all book and was on Larry King a few times talking about the royals. She did a reality show for Oprah as well.
I doubt she and Andrew are a couple in the traditional sense (especially if security is blasé about letting women through) but whatever they have seems to work for them. Royal Lodge is also so big that both could have their own space and rarely see each other if necessary.

She was very indiscreet in the past but in the last few years whenever I've seen her pop up on TV in the UK its usually to promote whatever project she's involved with or one of her charities.

Her chat with Oprah wasn't a good idea but I don't think it was an actual reality series more of a "royal special" of her usual show IIRC.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I doubt she and Andrew are a couple in the traditional sense (especially if security is blasé about letting women through) but whatever they have seems to work for them. Royal Lodge is also so big that both could have their own space and rarely see each other if necessary.

She was very indiscreet in the past but in the last few years whenever I've seen her pop up on TV in the UK its usually to promote whatever project she's involved with or one of her charities.

Her chat with Oprah wasn't a good idea but I don't think it was an actual reality series more of a "royal special" of her usual show IIRC.
well they are a couple in that they live in the same house and clearly have a relationship of mutual support and money chasing...
Old 06-13-2021, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Her chat with Oprah wasn't a good idea.....
Spot a theme there?
Old 06-13-2021, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sarah did film a six part reality series called "Finding Sarah" that aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Sarah did film a six part reality series called "Finding Sarah" that aired on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Right I had forgotten that. And of course she was involved in the cash for access scandal with Andrew and other things, though she has calmed down with that in the last few years.

None of that has any baring on whatever sort of private relationship she and Andrew have currently. But it would if they got remarried again of course.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Right I had forgotten that. And of course she was involved in the cash for access scandal with Andrew and other things, though she has calmed down with that in the last few years.

None of that has any baring on whatever sort of private relationship she and Andrew have currently. But it would if they got remarried again of course.
erm I dont think that Sarah ever stops needing money and looking for it with dubious people, just as Andrew does.....
Old 06-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
erm I dont think that Sarah ever stops needing money and looking for it with dubious people, just as Andrew does.....
No I would imagine they still need money but most of her more recent TV appearances seem to have been promoting her charities and not flogging her royal connections for money.

What's going on privately with their more dubious connections I don't know. I presume we might well find out at some point.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
No I would imagine they still need money but most of her more recent TV appearances seem to have been promoting her charities and not flogging her royal connections for money.

What's going on privately with their more dubious connections I don't know. I presume we might well find out at some point.
well I dont want to bring up the Epstein scandal, but I understand that she had borrowed a large sum of money from him. She is probalby being more careful now, She and Andrew have both been stuck in the UK and hes stuck at Royal Lodge...so she may be being careful abut any dubious financial dealings and trying to look like she's engaged largely in charity work....
Old 06-17-2021, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Some years ago I thought they would remarry. Considering all, I don't think it will happen.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:58 PM
Majesty

Yes I think even Sarah realises that a remarraige would not do eihter of them any good.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
She was needlessly exploited there. Some charlatan made her pull a sled across the tundra, a frozen very barren northern area of Canada or Alaska, then after she did it, told her it really wasn't necessary. Oprah's other associates made her cry on television, and manipulated her to make Eugenie and Beatrice cry on TV as well.

The only one who benefitted was Oprah. I can think of one young man who should have remembered that humiliating mini-series.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of York to become the Chair of @montessoriuk International Montessori Ambassadors group.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbQ1BHH-T1/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbA_HbAPGf/
Old 06-22-2021, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
She was needlessly exploited there. Some charlatan made her pull a sled across the tundra, a frozen very barren northern area of Canada or Alaska, then after she did it, told her it really wasn't necessary. Oprah's other associates made her cry on television, and manipulated her to make Eugenie and Beatrice cry on TV as well.

The only one who benefitted was Oprah. I can think of one young man who should have remembered that humiliating mini-series.
Sarah was a grown up when she agreed to do this. She was not forced. It may have been for earning money and getting more attention, or a mixture of both. She was on Larry King sometimes as a "royal expert."

Oprah does not have the power to "force" people to do things. For instance Tom Cruise hopped on the couch on her show of his own volition.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Sarah has given an interview to People and is on this week‘s cover of the magazine:

** people.tv video **

** people.com article: Sarah 'Fergie' Ferguson on Starting a New Chapter at 61: 'It's Like I've Gotten out of My Own Way' **

** people.com article: Sarah Ferguson on How 'Proud' Princess Diana Would Be of Her Sons and Their 'Wonderful Wives' **

Old 07-14-2021, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Hmm, reading the snippets, I'm not sure Sarah's going to do herself, girls or Andrew any favours with this article.

Tags
current events, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson