The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Instagram.html

And after that, she is going to write a series about a boy wizard named Barry Cotter, and his best friends Don Beasley and Anemone Ranger.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Nobility

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/york/s...lisher-137496/

"Sarah, Duchess of York has signed a seven-book deal with Australian publisher Serenity Press. Serenity Press publisher Karen Mc Dermott said she was ‘delighted’ to welcome the royal to the company."

They will be childrens books. Sarah has said "I like to look at life through childhood’s eyes because I think it means you can be spontaneous and creative and just have fun, you know?" The first book in the new series will be available mid-2020.

I see you posted on the Duchess's new endeavour too Mirabel😊

Old 02-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

She’s published more books than I have, so good for her!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven’t kept up with her adventures and I am appalled. I hope the horrible lifestyle idea goes away. Especially NOW.

I didn’t know about Peter Phillips selling milk thing either
Old 02-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Thanks- I remember wondering why Andrew couldn’t come up with a ‘measly’ £15,000!
At the time, Andrew and his legal team were settling with Sarah's creditors for 25% of the debt owed. Two creditors, Sarah's former personal employees, refused the 25%.

Eyes were on Andrew's payouts to creditors.

Sarah and/or Andrew then asked the American Epstein to take care of one of them, figuring this more generous payout would escape British scrutiny.

However, Epstein played hardball with the payout terms to the man, and it was a messy parting.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Ugh, I don’t want to keep up with their deeds
Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 PM
Nobility

For someone that appears to have money problems she sure travels a lot. Yet, the one thing Sarah does seem to have is plenty of energy!
Old 02-12-2020, 11:05 PM
Courtier

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d...ness-j6gdw6vp5

Sarah and new money reporting. The Tindalls get tarred too.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:56 PM
Nobility

Thank you, Leopoldine

So this is kinda related to current events��

Sarah, Duchess of York served as Executive Director of a multimillion dollar company, Gates Ventures, which was headed for receivership but they now have a new investor, Dr. Li Li, a wealthy Chinese physician heavily invested in the US and elsewhere. It appears Sarah has stepped down as Executive Director and will now serve as Global Ambassador of the firm.

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-rele...ctorate-change

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...fundraise.html
Old 02-13-2020, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of Sarah but I wonder why people are getting so up in arms about the fact that she has published a children's book? This isn't related to the messy situation with Andrew other than the fact that perhaps the timing was too soon, but then again his bad deeds shouldn't stop the rest of the family continuing in doing what they do. Sarah has a history of children's literature, so it's nothing new and exciting.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of Sarah but I wonder why people are getting so up in arms about the fact that she has published a children's book? This isn't related to the messy situation with Andrew other than the fact that perhaps the timing was too soon, but then again his bad deeds shouldn't stop the rest of the family continuing in doing what they do. Sarah has a history of children's literature, so it's nothing new and exciting.
My thoughts exactly. And frankly, if she needs or wants to earn a living, there's far worse things she could be doing than writing children's books. Given Sarah's past behavior and her proximity to the BRF, there are a lot of very iffy ways she could be bringing in the cash and while they would undoubtedly be legal, they might not be exactly ethical or in great taste. However, I see absolutely nothing untoward about a series of children's books.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

***The children's book is a lovely idea. I have no objection to that. I made my criticisms a few posts above after reading that she is planning to be hawking "lifestyle products"soon.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-13-2020, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sarah, to me, naturally has the ability to embrace her inner child and what better way to express that than to write children's books?

People that can keep and retain and embrace childlike innocence and wonder and a fresh way of looking at things in this world are a blessing in my book.

(Opinion based on a household here that still loves and watches children's movies and believes in Disney magic)
Old 02-13-2020, 06:10 PM
Nobility

I had posted earlier about her plans as I too was glad to hear that she was returning to children's books. Something she has been relatively successful with. Her publisher reports she is thrilled and has been given a seven book deal. Sarah herself said she "looked at life through a childhood's eyes". This is a very healthy endeavour indeed. Also, I'm happy for her she has stepped down from directorship of Gates Ventures!

Adorable picture of the first book to be published "The Enchanted Oak Tree".
7 livres pour enfants en commande pour Sarah, duchesse d’York – Noblesse & Royautés
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
I had posted earlier about her plans as I too was glad to hear that she was returning to children's books. Something she has been relatively successful with.

She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.
I suspect that might be the reason she stopped writing for awhile.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Instagram.html

And after that, she is going to write a series about a boy wizard named Barry Cotter, and his best friends Don Beasley and Anemone Ranger.
Having been a Harry Potter fan I get what you are saying now in your more recent post: "She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again."

Gosh darnit, every time I get my hopes up for the Duchess
Old 02-14-2020, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
She had better be extremely cautious, since in the past she has been accused of plagiarism.

With some other sources of income cut off, she's planning to try again.
As a children's librarian, I can say that there really aren't all that many "plots" in the genre and that the chances of coming up with completely new and original ideas lie near zero for ANYONE. In other words, you will always find similarities of story elements in virtually every book you can read, if you look hard enough. Sarah was accused of copying the idea for a "talking helicopter" in her Budgie books - but I can find several books with this basic character in just my small children's section.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that Sarah might write children's fairy tales set in the Victorian era?
Old 02-15-2020, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

That is actually an elegant, wonderful idea!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
As a children's librarian, I can say that there really aren't all that many "plots" in the genre and that the chances of coming up with completely new and original ideas lie near zero for ANYONE. In other words, you will always find similarities of story elements in virtually every book you can read, if you look hard enough. Sarah was accused of copying the idea for a "talking helicopter" in her Budgie books - but I can find several books with this basic character in just my small children's section.
Thank you, I'm glad to hear the background re: the Budgie books. I'm a real pushover when it comes to children's books. A friend of mine, retired school librarian, are forever finding ourselves in the childrens books section.

Tags
current events, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson