Sarah, Duchess of York Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor Russo!

According to Wikipedia,

Save the Children is an international organisation helping children in need around the world. First established in the United Kingdom in 1919, separate national organisations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.

According to the Children in Crisis website
Children in Crisis was established in 1993 in the UK to give children in some of the world’s poorest countries the education they need to help transform their lives.
Worldwide, one in six children is denied an education. At the heart of our work is the belief that education is the best possible route out of poverty, bringing hope for a better future for families, communities and over time, whole societies.

-----------------

So it sounds like Children in Crisis has a much narrower focus. Same goal helping children in education but that is about it.

There are a number of charities dedicated to helping children in need e.g. World Vision and most have the same goal - end the poverty cycle through education.

I think it is unfortunate that there are so many as they tend to duplicate the bureaucracies and therefore lessen the sums actually doing good. I would like to see them all combined with one bureacracy and thus an increase in funds getting through.

While I can see the reasons for combining all organizations, I can only imagine the
bureaucracy that would be created and the negative effect (i.e. delays) that would have on the people they are supposed to helping.

Pics 19.10.2009

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, attends the presentation
of the concert of the 'Sinfonica de la Juventud Venezolana Simon
Bolivar' held at Teatro alla Scala on October 19, 2009 in Milan, Italy.

The proceeds of the concert will be devolved to the 'Children in
crisis' Foundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Thanks for the pics. It's great to see Fergie continuing her charity causes despite all the bankruptcy drama.

The day after the presentation mentioned above, the 'Children
in Crisis' fundraiser concert took place at La Scala opera house.
Sarah attended it, Milan, Italy, October 20, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Nice pics, Ice! Sarah looks like she put effort into her look and her effort paid off. :)
The color looks lovely on her and I like the little cardie she has on. She needs to wear make-up like she did to prevent her looking washed out. Good job, Sarah!

A very nice trio event has taken place today!

Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie attended the opening of the Teenage
Cancer Trust Unit at the Great North Children's Hospital on May 19,
2010 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

All three looked great and in a good mood. Especially Eugenie seems to
have fulfilled her role perfectly!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages **

That is good Ice! Thanks! :flowers:
For a minute there I thought Eugenie was taller than Beatrice then I noticed Bea was in flats. My bad!

Wow, everyone looks really good in these photos! I think Eugenie is beautiful. And I have to say I'm jealous of Beatrice's hair.

They look like they had a really good visit.

Yes, it is nice, i like it too!

Last edited by a moderator:
She has a big heart and is always going to recover from personal trials. Her charity is her saving grace. Her legacy will be interesting. Kind thoughts for her because of her generosity.

She won't always recover from her personal problems.
And one day she won't have the money to prop up her charities.

She has a big heart and is always going to recover from personal trials. Her charity is her saving grace. Her legacy will be interesting. Kind thoughts for her because of her generosity.
Ever read Starkie's book on Sarah? When she went to Ireland because of a horse she wanted to represent her in the Olympics yet had to justify the trip somehow so they scoured the area for somebody with Motor Neurone Disease and Sarah spent about 10 minutes with the person and when she lef the person felt more like crap than if Sarah had never shown up?
Yeah, she's soooo generous and kind. . . . :whistling:

I've never heard that before Russo, thank you for letting me know.

Sarah, Duchess of York with Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attended
the Children in Crisis annual fundraising dinner at Kensington Roof Gardens on
March 9, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

They look like they'd rather be somewhere-anywhere else. Sarah and Eugenie look particularly strained.:ermm:

Sarah, Duchess of York with Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attended
the Children in Crisis annual fundraising dinner at Kensington Roof Gardens on
March 9, 2011 in London.

They look like they'd rather be somewhere-anywhere else. Sarah and Eugenie look particularly strained.:ermm:

Really? Perhaps in 1 or 2 pictures....otherwise they are smiling. And look happy.

It's hard to tell from a picture. I get the "strained" look as well but it could just be one angle or a fleeting expression.

I do find it - I don't know - weird - that Sarah is constantly holding her daughters' hands in public. Unusual. Puts me in mind of the fact that Victoria (later Queen) was never allowed to walk downstairs without holding an adult's hand, until she was age 18.

Well, hope the event raised money that will reach the persons for whom it was intended.

Pss B must be quite petite. Even with those stilletto heels she's considerably shorter than her mother and sister. I didn't realize Pss E was so tall, or maybe it's just the angle of the photos.

Pss B must be quite petite. Even with those stilletto heels she's considerably shorter than her mother and sister. I didn't realize Pss E was so tall, or maybe it's just the angle of the photos.

Princess Beatrice is quite petite--I don't think she's overly short, but people might be surprised at how slight she is. Princess Eugenie is not noticeably taller than her, though--I saw both of them in September 2009 at the Young Victoria Premiere. Sarah is definitely taller than her daughters.

Back
Top Bottom