Sarah, Duchess of York Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics 8.5.2009

Sarah, Duchess of York opens Woking Hospice new care facilities
UK, May 8, 2009 - good to see her supporting such a sensitive
and important work!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

With the exception of the unfortunate pic #4, Sarah looks wonderful! Very smartly dressed for the occasion, imo. Thanks for sharing, Ice.

Last edited:
Sarah, Duchess of York opens Woking Hospice new care facilities
UK, May 8, 2009 - good to see her supporting such a sensitive and important work!
Indeed it is, Ice! To die with dignity is something I wish for some day. And to have more people trained and places to have, go, is a very good thing! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of York at the official opening of the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at the University Hospital of Wales Cardiff Wale, 29 06 2009.
Gallery Mediumphoto

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and HRH Princess Beatrice attends a launch for the African Carribenan Leukemia Trust at The Mayfair Hotel on June 30, 2009 in London, England.
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Getty gallery

Yes, I hope for the best for her as well. I know from experience how disheartening it is to take weight off and have it pile on again.:ermm:

Unfortunately, that usually happens. Chocolate as comfort food. I do hope she'll do well though. She's had such a struggle with weight all her life.

Sarah has launched a new foundation:

Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York together with her daughters
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attend the Sarah Ferguson
Foundation Launch Party at Ultra on September 18, 2009 in Toronto,
Canada.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

I think they all look terrific! :)
The colours of each of their dresses are lovely and when the girls manage to smile openly they look very photogenic. Eugenie and her mother share many similar facial features now- especially their beautiful smiles.

I agree that Eugenie has a nice smile but I do wish that Beatrice would close her mouth occasionally she always seems to be "gawping" but they are quite nice photos on the whole and definitely don´t seem to be taken in Balmoral. LOL.

Another observation I have from seeing Beatrice and Eugenie at "The Young Victoria" Canadian premiere last night, which I guess I'll stick here because I don't want to put the same thing in both their threads, is that Eugenie appears noticeably more withdrawn and less emotive than Beatrice, but you could guess that from most of the photos of them. Beatrice seems very bubbly; every time I saw her she was smiling and looked very animated. Eugenie pretty much stood in one corner during the entire cocktail party after the film and she looked pensive most of the time, although I did see her swaying to the music.

And yet, Princess Eugenie is supposed to be the "wild one." Interesting contrast. So now that the film is in Canada, perhaps it'll make it's way across the country to my area. If so, I hope to see it.:flowers:

Any word on what the foundation does, Ice? Is it part of her Children in Crisis charity?

:previous:
According to Wiki, the Sarah Ferguson Foundation was established in 2006:

2006, Sarah, Duchess of York, established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in New York, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need

:previous:
According to Wiki, the Sarah Ferguson Foundation was established in 2006:

2006, Sarah, Duchess of York, established The Sarah Ferguson Foundation based in New York, which derives funds from Sarah's commercial work and private donations with the aim of supporting charities internationally that serve children and families in dire need
This is just me, but I would think that maybe helping those at home first would be the best use of the charity.
Thanks for the info. Warren!

Last edited:
This is just me, but I would think that maybe helping those at home first would be the best use of the charity.
Thanks for the info. Warren!

Do you mean the UK as home?
She supports numerous charities that benefit people based on both sides of the Atlantic. Remember in the UK she has Children in Crisis, that's more an international charity, but also Teenage Cancer Trust, Tommy's, Springboard for Children, etc.

This Tommy's?
Tommy's - About us

This looks to be a charity she supports, but did not start.
I think the charities she has started should be based in the UK. That is my point.

:previous: I agree. I do not believe she started any charities in the US.
However, I remember reading in these forums that she planned to
encourage middle aged ladies to keep themselves trim and healthy.
One of the ways to prove it can be done, was to run on an Australian beach when she turned 50.
I know she no longer represents Weight Watchers but I cannot remember if that event was tied with them or it was an independent project Sarah
took on her own...

Why does it matter where the charity is focused?

While charity does begin at home, I think we can all agree that there are enough people and places that need assistance. Indeed, while there are women and children in the UK who need assistance, there are also millions of women and children in Third World countries that need it as well. And the dollar/euro goes a lot further in helping these women as well.

Why does it matter where the charity is focused?
Did Sarah not say that she gets a bum rap at home but the US loves her? I would think that by starting at home with a charity in the UK and making a constant and consistant reputation for being hands on and picking a specific thing to cure, help, eradicate--what have you, then the tabloids would ease up and take her seriously.

Sorry, Russo I resectfully disagree.

If you are helping people you are helping people. There is enough need to go around. And frankly, considering her status as an Not a member of the BRF (as pointed out many times on this board) perhaps she decided not to do anything in the UK as it could be considered as stepping on the patronage of an other royal.

And honestly, Sarah could have a serious life changing moment and be in the same category as Mother Theresa and you would still have the same catty and mean comments about her. Basically, it doesn't matter what Sarah does. The tabloids would never ease up on her...they need someone to vent, pick on and make mountain out of molehill stories. And right now, thats the Yorks and Princess Michael of Kent.

Exactly so Zonk, I think there is a certain reflexive disapproval of Sarah among certain factions in the UK. Even if she's trying to do the right thing, a given demographic is going to beat her up. I personally always liked her....

That was only my 2 cents. And I do wish her well.

Well, you were only expressing your opinion Russo. Of which you are entitled to.:flowers:

For the record, I tried to do some more research on Save the Children, which appears to have the same focus as Sarah's charity. It was founded in the UK in 1919 and as everyone knows has The Princess Royal as their patron. For some reason, I always thought it was an international organizatin. I would assume (because I don't know that) Sarah wasn't trying to step on Anne's toes so to speak.

Well, you were only expressing your opinion Russo. Of which you are entitled to.:flowers:

For the record, I tried to do some more research on Save the Children, which appears to have the same focus as Sarah's charity. It was founded in the UK in 1919 and as everyone knows has The Princess Royal as their patron. For some reason, I always thought it was an international organizatin. I would assume (because I don't know that) Sarah wasn't trying to step on Anne's toes so to speak.
But aren't they different? Save the Children, from what I know, just goes about and saves children. Children in Crisis is more towards war torn? I could be vastly wrong here, I haven't had much caffiene today and the danged doggie kept clack, clack, clacking all over the wood floors last night. . . :sad:

Back
Top Bottom