Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access" - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice stay away from money aswell.
I just want her to go and see people who are really suffering from not having enough money, not just because of the recession but because thats the way they have always been even before the recession.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an Oprah fan myself, but I didn't think it was wrong of her to say Sarah is "spiritually and morally bankrupt". She is those things. We have to remember, that as a talk show host, Oprah has to clarify certain things on her show. When she said that statement, she was wrapping up Sarah and her unfortunate events all in one. By just one statement, the people can know that the person in the scam video is the bankrupt Sarah, but the one on the show is the new Sarah.The Sarah that will be moving on. I think thats what Oprah had in mind:flowers::flowers:.

I understand that thats not her "title", but she still is Duchess of York.

I think that Sarah might have some kind of mental illness; it's in that context that I think it was wrong for Oprah to condemn her in the words that she did. If Sarah really is as low as she appears, care must be taken not to send her over the brink. That's my concern.:flowers:

By just one statement, the people can know that the person in the scam video is the bankrupt Sarah, but the one on the show is the new Sarah.The Sarah that will be moving on. I think thats what Oprah had in mind:flowers::flowers:.

If you put it that way, then yes care must be taken into account. But why do you think she mentally ill? Was there something in the press about this?:)

Great title!

Well, The Firm has some decisions to make. Essentially, there are two choices: Sarah has a public life in order to make a living, or Sarah has a private life in which she is "retired" from her public life and afforded a grace-and-favor and an allowance.

... Any engagements or sources of outside income are vetted through the office of whichever part of the BRF has the unenviable task of trying to ride herd on her. Perhaps a secretary to be appointed from the office of the Duke of York to handle her financial and personal affairs. I hereby dub this person to be the Keeper of the Redhead

Wish I'd thought of that line!
All I could think of is that for many years there had been no major headlines and that Sarah had been included in more BRF invitations, possibly easing her way back in behind the scenes? Then she goes and shoots herself in the foot and mucks it all up. I wish I'd gotten that kind of divorce settlement, you can be sure I wouldn't have had to continue working or anything else. Live within your means or find more income, simple mathematics! Poor Andrew, I'm sure he's getting an earful from all sides.

The way that she referred to herself in the third person is telling. IIRC that was a symptom that was used to pin the Borderline Personality Disorder on Diana Princess of Wales. There's her wild spending. Sometimes that can be a symptom of depression or bi-polar disorder. She does seem to be quite narcissistic and she seems to draw a lot of her self-worth from her previous marriage and her daughters. It's my opinion that, at the very least, she's unbalanced. A crisis can turn an unbalanced person into someone who's very ill.

If you put it that way, then yes care must be taken into account. But why do you think she mentally ill? Was there something in the press about this?:)

I'm sorry but at her age, she isn't going to change.
Looking up to a princess who is younger than her, think of the embarrassment.

There did seem to be something not quite right with Sarah in the clips I saw in that interview. She seems to be able to act like an adult in certain situations, and in other situations, revert to very immature, almost delusional behaviour. There is a little bit of narcissistic personality disorder there, maybe? But that disorder is actually often attributed to things that happened in early childhood, one's relationship with one's parents, etc.

It seems there's a part of Sarah that has never learned to grow up. It makes me wonder just how traumatic her childhood actually was. There's something weird going on here. I'm not excusing Sarah's behaviour, but little children don't face reality because they don't have to--they always have someone to take care of them and they are able to live in their imaginations. That seems to be the way Sarah operates as an adult. I think Sarah and Diana both had some of the same problems--going from a broken home to the public stage where everyone initially seemed to adore them. As a result, they developed warped self-images. I think that Diana was genuinely narcissistic, though, in the sense that she was out mainly for herself and believed her own (good) publicity. Sarah is more complicated, partly probably because she never got the good publicity that Diana did.

The Diana interview of 1995 won praise but it seems Sarah's won more criticism! I think if I were her, I would stay under the radar as much as possible from now on.

If the Duchess wants a role model to look upto, I suggest none other than the Crown Princess of Sweden who has never put a foot wrong!

Diana's situation was different. I would not advise Sarah to stay under the radar. At this time now, she has to come out of hiding and work hard on her persona. To keep hiding will only make people talk more and it will only make the situation harder for her.

She should look up to God her help. Not a Swedish princess who herself dealt with demons in the past. Victoria is settled in herself now, but even she had problems to sort through.:)

I agree CrownPrincess5.
Diana did the interview under very different circumstances.

There's something mentally wrong with her. I don't know what it is but I hope she has a decent therapist. I hope someone in that family will take control of her daughters' trust funds so she can't get access to it or she will go through all their money by the time they're 25. The woman needs to be kept on a very tight leash. Maybe someone should promise her an allowance and a place to live in return for behaving appropriately and living quietly.

She does not have access to her childrens trust funds. The money she recieves from them was given freely by the daughters.
Whatever money she earns should be classed as her allowance, she needs to learn to handle it properly.
Who is supposed to give her an allowance, the BRF, i don't see why they should.
I don't think she has something mentally wrong, I think she has a problem with money handling, she needs to be taught what to do.

When she recieved her divorce settlement that was a promise for her to live in a place and keep quiet but she disobeyed it because she wanted to live like a duchess on money she did not have. Whose going to keep her on a leash?

I just have to ask, though--I don't watch Oprah, but was it really necessary to call Sarah "spiritually and morally bankrupt"?

IIRC this statement was made during the segment of the interview with Sarah when the term "addiction" was being bandied around a bit. With Oprah being a veteran interviewer, I'm sure she was aware that the term "spiritually and morally bankrupt" is very often used in recovery programs and rehabs in reference to hitting rock bottom. I thought it was a fitting place to insert this.

It does seem that Sarah was either on medication or perhaps had a "nip" of something before starting this interview as I've stated before, for a person that has been reputed to be a fine public speaker, she just couldn't seem to get her thoughts together and form a straight answer.

I also felt it odd that she could in 10 days time totally realize the "downward spiral" her life has been, created a "new" Sarah and on with the show. Focusing on her charities? Unless she is paid to speak for charity, I really don't think she's in the position right now to give it away but should rather seek help, focus on Sarah and get herself in order. As the old saying goes... "you cannot love anyone else until you learn to love yourself first".

I have to laugh at the title. "America condemns her interview..." America is pretty big. You have the people that saw it and didn't like. Those that saw it and liked it. And about a billion more that don't care either way. LOL

I couldn't understand her half the time with all the mumbling she does. And the third person stuff was distracting. Sarah made a big mistake taking that money but there are far worse things going on in the world. I wish her well and hopefully sometime in the immediate future she gets her life together. :)

The part that stood out for me was when talking with Oprah about her daughters, Sarah referred to this current mistake as a way of being a good mother by in the future coming back from all of this and learning from errors. It seemed to me as if she was trying to convince herself.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Fergie knew what she was doing, says ex-aide

The Duchess of York’s excuse that she was drunk when she agreed to introduce a businessman to Prince Andrew for £500,000 was rejected today by a former royal aide who spent years mopping up palace scandals.
:previous:

This article is not flattering to Sarah but the secretary does not give any details supporting his assertion that Sarah knew what she was doing. He alleges that she lives beyond her means, which she has freely admitted, but still does not provide proof that it was not drink which affected her decision. I have to agree with that from everything I have been reading but that is my assumption and I have no definite proof.

I can not see why there is so much hate of Sarah. It could happen to everybody. I like to see her interview with Oprah. I feel so sorry for her.:sad:
Andrew is her best friend.
Yes I think that is true.:) I feel sorry for Sarah. The press has destroyed her live.

Fergalicious, with all due respect, are you sure the journalists are the only ones to blame when it comes to Sarah's failures?

She has done things which are not so intelligent. But then the british press loves it to make stories about her. It is always the same.

The press are slightly to blame. But with the right mind, and the right way about it. You can avoid getting caught in the press' traps.
Fergie has not been clever, in fact she has played right into the hands of the press and all they have had to do is print the story.

I can not see why there is so much hate of Sarah. It could happen to everybody. I like to see her interview with Oprah. I feel so sorry for her.:sad:

I've really not seen any out and out hatred of Sarah per se but there are a lot of folks that are just fed up with her escapades, disgusted at how low she has brought herself down and a lot of us just trying to make sense of all that's happened to her over the years.

yes and in my opinion that is all sad. I hope she is not a alcoholic or something. She is not happy at all.

yes and in my opinion that is all sad. I hope she is not a alcoholic or something. She is not happy at all.

Yes.. it is all very sad. Alcoholism could possibly be one of her problems but she is the only one that would know that. It is a disease among quite a few other possibilities and actually the drinking is just one symptom of the disease. The only person that could really decide that is Sarah herself or a trained medical professional. I'm seriously hoping that she does take stock of herself, find the right path for her and live a happy life. We all deserve that.

This is a kind of bribery, so it is not ethical, but I agree she isn't happy.She should IMO stop comparing herself with Diana's ghost and move on. also she should know that as an adult, wealth does not compensate for her emotional gaps. She shouln't consider herself as a door handle, orelse everybody around her will use her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom