Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access" - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't do you think maybe they heard it was something Sarah was up for? It makes you wonder if it was the first time she did it or not. Which is why Andrew's role is under attack.

It's very hard to believe it was the first or only time she did something like that. She seemed to know the ropes, just as it's hard to believe there was only one time that she allowed someone to lick her toes in public. We have documentary proof of only a bit of her life.

It's very hard to believe it was the first or only time she did something like that. She seemed to know the ropes, just as it's hard to believe there was only one time that she allowed someone to lick her toes in public. We have documentary proof of only a bit of her life.

There was not even 'one time that she allowed someone to lick her toes in public'. She never did any of that in public. She was stalked by photographers who were given heads-up about where she was and that she was with a lover. Someone told who seems to have been very adept at managing the press and did not wish her well - obviously. She did not parade herself shamelessly as you are suggesting - she never has.

As for the 'scandal' - again it was a set-up - it was like a 'sting', yes. And it is agreed that she was clearly tipsy in the video. However, she did not commit a crime. What she appears to have thought she was doing is not uncommon in certain circles.

No it is not clearly agreed that she was tipsy. This is the excuse pushed by her supporters but this is not a universally accepted explanation by a long shot. And a sting only works with a willing participant, think of arms or drug deals, I highly doubt the FBI twist the arms of people into those. Are those on the other end tricked? Yes but they go in with an idea of what they think is going on. If this was clean, she would've done it at the house.

No it is not clearly agreed that she was tipsy. This is the excuse pushed by her supporters but this is not a universally accepted explanation by a long shot.

I say she was tipsy because the reports at the time - and one particular 'analysis' of the video by news reporters - said that she was. They also pointed out that she entered the room with a wine glass, drank from it during the video (I think) and left with it. That's my memory - so my impression has always been that it was the way it was. I've had no idea that it was disputed.

It also is my personal impression but I do not recall that she seemed at ease. She was being her usual personable self but there was something 'odd' about it. I had ascribed it to her being tipsy. She did not seem 'normal'.

Fact remains - Sarah has never done anything openly to shame the BRF. She for sure has a private life - and she is plagued with a tabloid press - but they have to really 'work' to get something nasty on her - this scandal is just an example of how very hard they do have to work at it.

This is the first time she was caught in something like this, it doesn't mean it was the first time. We still don't know how this all went down. Remember that Sarah was denying being in financial trouble since the previous fall (if memory serves me) and then suddenly this. I remember being in England when it broke, surprised the hell out of me. Looking back is the question is how did she hook up with the fake sheik?

She obviously lied about the money trouble as she was, on a couple occasions, close to some business deals like selling the film rights to her books so it seemed prudent not to be at a disadvantage at the negotiating table but when that all fell through I believe she became desperate and went looking for something and she found trouble.

Sarah has never learned from Diana's very, very expensive lesson. You can't play with the press. She cannot use them one day to promote herself and her career and then demand privacy the next. It doesn't work that way. If Sarah wants the press in her life, which she obviously does...then she HAS to keep her nose clean.

I don't think that the tabloid press had to work that hard to uncover Sarah's two biggest scandals...having her toes licked and the cash for access. Those were handed to the press by someone in the know.

Will people ever forgive her for her faux pas ??
I think it's time they did.

And what is so very reprenensible about "toe-sucking?
Sounds like a joke to me...

Yes, she was drinking whilst doing her deal, so what? She was still doing her deal so how does that change anything? Watching the tape one can see she was highly organised about what she was offering and where her payments for it should go etc. The fact that it was done over a cigarette and some wine is neither here nor there.

And what is so very reprenensible about "toe-sucking?
Sounds like a joke to me...

When your daughters are present during the act? And it's not the first time she did things like that while her children were around.

Tyger said:
Fact remains - Sarah has never done anything openly to shame the BRF. She for sure has a private life - and she is plagued with a tabloid press - but they have to really 'work' to get something nasty on her - this scandal is just an example of how very hard they do have to work at it.

Sorry but BS - if I were her ex, or her daughters I'd be ashamed of my mother being caught selling access to a member of the RF (sting or not, you can't be caught doing something wrong, if you're not doing anything wrong) She was caught but she wasn't forced to sell access, or take money from a known criminal or drive herself deeply into debt....When she was 'caught' having her toes sucked by her lover while married, she was a public figure so shouldn't have been surprised it would make news- plus she knowingly cheated on her husband. Following your logic if my child steals but a camera catchs him, it's not his fault bc he thought he wasn't being watched. Don't do wrong and you shouldn't have to worry who is watching. The mastermind of Sarah's problems is her- plain and simple.

I say she was tipsy because the reports at the time - and one particular 'analysis' of the video by news reporters - said that she was. They also pointed out that she entered the room with a wine glass, drank from it during the video (I think) and left with it. That's my memory - so my impression has always been that it was the way it was. I've had no idea that it was disputed.

It also is my personal impression but I do not recall that she seemed at ease. She was being her usual personable self but there was something 'odd' about it. I had ascribed it to her being tipsy. She did not seem 'normal'.

Honey, read Starkey's book on Sarah and then Jane Wolfe's "BLood Rich" on Lynn Wyatt. Then you'll see. There are just some things one does NOT do when one is an HRH.

Let's get back on topic...this thread is about the events of May 2010. We are not going to rehash the John Bryant or Steve Wyatt events.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom