Sarah, Duchess of York: "Cash for Access" - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most children love their mothers,but it is a bit unusual for an ex-husband to love his ex-wife unconditionally, but that is what she said, so we have to try and believe that she knows what she is talking about even though she
doesn´t know much about living within her means
Russo thinks that Sarah dropped that so now Andrew HAS to act the gentleman (not that he hasn't all these times). What's he going to say to the press, "I'm sorry, but no, I don't love my ex wife unconditionally."

VM, I'm whispering dear!! :D

Heard you loud and clear, Dear Russo. VM thanks you (in the third person) very much.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
President Bush did.

I read and still read lots of positive comments about both Presidents Bush.

I have seen none about Sarah since her wedding day - 24 years of the press and the public beating down on her.

You must be reading from one of the *very* few Republican papers Bertie as the current administration has bashed Bush for every problem they are currently experienceing since before President Obama was elected. Not to mention the 8 years of bashing when he (Bush) was a sitting President from all the networks: CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC et. all.

I heard plenty of good things about Sarah until she got pregnant. Then they started in calling her too fat, etc. and it was all downhill since then.
Sarah hasn't helped her cause as I was very interested in all those schools she had opened in Europe through her Children in Crisis charity and wondered why we don't hear more of that. Education is the key to get children out of poverty.

I read and still read lots of positive comments about both Presidents Bush.

I have seen none about Sarah since her wedding day - 24 years of the press and the public beating down on her.
Iluvbertie
I have to agree with you . I too am hard pressed to remember reading anything positive either from the press or public regarding Sarah.Expect more of the same.

i think everyone is being quite harsh on sarah...
Its a Big Deal because not only is Andrew a memebr of the British Royal Family, he is a public official in his role as UK Special Representative for Trade and Investment.
It is very very different from her being paid to attend an event, its the attempt to influence a public official. As an American you may want to refer to the Abramoff affair as a point of reference for influence peddling.

...One thing is clear to me too. There is no way that Sarah could or would ever say anything negative about Andrew or the BRF. She did say that she'd not be in that chair unless it was OK for her to do so in Andrew's eyes and how great the Boss is. :) As much as the style Duchess of York is important to her, so is the family that style belongs to. That is one part of the interview that came across crystal clear to me. Her face even seemed to go soft at the time she talked about them.
I agree it was as she was shellshocked by the events-her actions as well as the attention it was bringing I think what seems like a good idea at the time backfired on her and now she has to explain something she doesn't fully understand it seems.I don't think she would say anything negative against the Queen or Andrew either and her fondess of them seems in no way fake to me.

I look at her as being stuck between her life when she was a royal and can no longer be a part of but not know where else she fits in. I expect her to carry on with her charity work .I don't know how her money problems will be settled but it has to worked out for her and her girls.

Because she doesn't really have a true friend. It's kind of like Michael Jackson in a way, everybody sucking off her.

I doubt if she would even have listened to someone telling her you are spedning too much, your lifestyle is to lavish, you have no money, you need to cut back. She never adjusted to the idea that the people she likes to socialize with have oodles of money and she couldn't match their lifestyle.
She could have gone back to the publishing business after the divorce and lived a comfortable life but it wasnt enough for her. Guess you can take the girl out of the palace but you cant take the palace out of the girl.

I dunno, I listed the quantity of books she has had published written solely by her or in collaboration of another and it's formidible. One would think the residuals would leave her with a comfortable income if she were more finanically savvy.
I just keep thinking of all that money she made just WASTED. Blows my cookies, really. . . :nonono:

well, I finally watched the interview and I have to say that I was watching Sarah very closley. She looked more embarrased of the situation being shown over and over. Not once did she show remorse over her actions. All she did was make excuses of self hatred and other remarks that had nothing to do with selling out her ex husband. Sure people make major mistakes, some land in jail because of them. But she did not apologize to her family or the queen for the embarrasment that her actions have caused. She lookes totally lost and broken. Someone who does know which way to turn because she is very desperate. But it seems as if she is desperate in a way that she only wants her money problems to be fixed by someone. She is desperate for someone to dig her out of the hole she created. By dragging up the past in ragards to her $20k allowance, it seems to me as if she is "trying" to lay guilt on someone so that they say "poor sarah" let's increase your allowance and that will help you out. She is trying to create sympathy for herself when it is the RF and her immediate family that should have the sympathy for having to be tied to someone who obviously can not control herself or her actions. i don't know. This whole thing is very tiresome and boring. I just wish they would cut off ties with her, and for her to get on with her life and try to earn back some respect and trust. It's all pretty sad that she saw what was happening, but did nothing about it. And now that it's too late to do something about it, she sits there and makes nothing but excuses for her actions. She is a very sad and pathetic person in my eyes. And I used to like her. But dragging your family down with you is where I draw the line.

I agree.
Please invite her to move to LA, set her up on a date with some D List celebrity (with enough money) and let her live happily ever after in lala land.:flowers:

You must be reading from one of the *very* few Republican papers Bertie as the current administration has bashed Bush for every problem they are currently experienceing since before President Obama was elected. Not to mention the 8 years of bashing when he (Bush) was a sitting President from all the networks: CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC et. all.
I heard plenty of good things about Sarah until she got pregnant. Then they started in calling her too fat, etc. and it was all downhill since then.
Sarah hasn't helped her cause as I was very interested in all those schools she had opened in Europe through her Children in Crisis charity and wondered why we don't hear more of that. Education is the key to get children out of poverty.

Sarah is as innocent as George W. He started unfounded wars with lies, he spent a surplus into a large deficit, he helped remove regulations that kept the greed at bay. And, of course, the media is to blame for his unpopularity. Just like, poor, Sarah. You can't have it both ways. If you want Sarah to face the truth, why on earth do you use a man who has no intellectual curiosty, to be nice, made and left a big mess and use him as your paragon. By the way, his ratings before Mr. Obama was elected was 29%. So, the country blamed him, too.

Bush got a lot of positive press for many years especially when his approval rating amongst the voters was very high and he did get re-elected.

Sarah - wedding day and for a few weeks afterwards and then nothing positive. Even when she does something good e.g. Children in Crisis the press turns it into a negative.

Bush's approval rating at the beginning of the Iraq war was 71% and dropped 40% when people learned the truth. Of course, many knew the truth beforehand. He got re-elected becuase they sold fear by the barrel load after 9/11.

Sarah always played in someone else wake. But, in the beginning she was very popular, because of her high spirits and lack of snootiness. She wasn't as pretty or as elegant as Diana, but she was fun. Then, "they" realized that she was open and high spirited. It didn't fit their mold. Her husband was a bore and she sought fun elsewhere. She was derided for her figure and her style sense. Yes, she had none, but for a woman, that kind of derision is terrible. The Duchess of Pork, when she was pregnant. She has made her bed, so to speak, so she has a tough road to hoe.

I don't know that I buy into the "Sarah never got a break from nobuddy, nohow!" line of reasoning. One of the women I work with, in our Texas office, was the guest at her table at a function in Dallas I'm thinking late last year. Not only was everyone at the table complimentary of her and perhaps even a bit fawning, so was the coverage.

I also know that she got a LOT of kudos for her quick-thinking action on 11 Sept 2001.

So I cannot buy into the whole "Nobuddy gave Sarah nuttin' " line of reasoning - either in the way of a financial settlement or in the way of media accolades.

The causation of every bit of misery in this instance rightly belongs to her and her alone. I watched the tape again and the rubbing of the fingers together? Good Lord.

What's the embarrassment. :sad: It is not first and I am afraid not the last time when Sara had a problem with a judgment. Even if Andrew would be just a victim of her "transaction' it affects his credibility, exposing him to possible frauds, blackmails or just jeopardizing his work/mission. :ohmy:
I read comments in British media that what Sarah did was unethical but not illegal in UK. In US it would be considered criminal. Wonder if Duchess learned something from this history.:whistling:

Could it be that everyone in general was extremely hard on her. I read somewhere that even the royal court disliked her. I'm not taking up for her, but it seems like nothing she did was right.

What's the embarrassment. :sad: It is not first and I am afraid not the last time when Sara had a problem with a judgment. Even if Andrew would be just a victim of her "transaction' it affects his credibility, exposing him to possible frauds, blackmails or just jeopardizing his work/mission. :ohmy:
I read comments in British media that what Sarah did was unethical but not illegal in UK. In US it would be considered criminal. Wonder if Duchess learned something from this history.:whistling:

So let me get this right - if I say to you that if you buy me a beer and I will introduce to my boss who might be able to give you a job I am a criminal?

Maybe she asked for more than that but in essence that is all she did. Where is the crime?

I wonder if this is the reason why Andrew seems to take care of her. There's also her mother-friend-than-mom relationship with her daughters. Remember the "tripod" comment of a couple of years ago or so? Perhaps she is simply incapable of fending for herself in the long-term. I remember he gave a speech recently in which he referred to Sarah as his third child. "Many a truth is spoken in jest."

It seems there's a part of Sarah that has never learned to grow up.

She didn't have a confidentiality agreement. Diana did.

How do they actually know the amount she was given in the settlement? I thought the info was all tied up in confidentiality agreement. So how would they know this?

I agree. Sarah had a very short "honeymoon" with the press. I don't remember any comment about her weight before her marriage, even though she wasn't slim even then. IIRC she was even praised as being a "real woman--with curves." Comparisons were made between her and the previous Duchess of York in fact. I remember that the press was unkind to her during her pregnancy with Beatrice. She didn't have the budget of a Princess of Wales, and so her maternity outfits were sometimes made-over day dresses and didn't look that great. Then there was that HORRID criticism of her when she went to Australia without baby Beatrice. The coverage of her improved when she slimmed down in the early 90s, I remember. She bobbed her hair and looked rather glamourous for awhile. It didn't take very long for the "Freebie Fergie" label to appear. She was criticized for taking Beatrice ski-ing not long after she had chicken pox. Those are the things that immediately come to mind.

People can be very cruel and when it is anonymous even more so but for the victim of this bullying (and that is what it is) it is a very real feeling of despair.

Sarah wasn't able to explain much of anything as far as I could see...

I suppose that no-one can force an adult to do what she doesn't want to do.:ermm:

So here's my rhetorical question...
Why hadn't someone close to her (friends, advisers, ex-husband, children, accountant, business associates) insisted she get professional assistance in managing her financial affairs?

Sarah wasn't able to explain much of anything as far as I could see...

True. It was like she had one set answer and she was sticking to that. I didn't like how she was referring to herself in 3rd person. I guess she was trying say "that's not really me".

She lookes totally lost and broken. Someone who does know which way to turn because she is very desperate. But it seems as if she is desperate in a way that she only wants her money problems to be fixed by someone. She is desperate for someone to dig her out of the hole she created. By dragging up the past in ragards to her $20k allowance, it seems to me as if she is "trying" to lay guilt on someone so that they say "poor sarah" let's increase your allowance and that will help you out.

I think part of an apology is not just saying, "I'm sorry," it's being able to say, "here is how I am going to change." I only saw clips of Sarah's interview, but I think it might have come across as unsatisfying because even though Sarah feels bad about what she did, if she can't explain how she's going to deal with her financial problems from now on, how are we supposed to know that she won't do something unethical again? I think you're right, Sarah wants someone to fix her debts for her, because she doesn't know how to do it herself. Probably the tabloid video forced her to admit she has a problem, but I don't think Sarah has yet faced the fact that she's going to have to change her lifestyle.

I wonder if this is the reason why Andrew seems to take care of her. There's also her mother-friend-than-mom relationship with her daughters. Remember the "tripod" comment of a couple of years ago or so? Perhaps she is simply incapable of fending for herself in the long-term. I remember he gave a speech recently in which he referred to Sarah as his third child. "Many a truth is spoken in jest."
That could be she leans on Andrew quite a bit and without anyone else to look out for her what can he do? I thought she would remarry early on instead of depending on Andrew so much.

Sarah seems very infantile, a kind of female Peter Pan. No wonder she seems to enjoy her daughters´ company more these days, they can all go clubbing and partying together.
It seems that she is not above telling "porkies" to get people on her side.
One of her main problems is her not following things through, making plans, then backing out and then as she can´t face the problems, or the people she has promised, she gets angry hurt, and emotional and makes excuses right and left, and in most cases disappears from view for a while then writes a very apologetic letter giving an excuse.
The money she received for her divorce settlement was more than adequate. I remember the Queen had given her the money for a house and that she just didn´t buy one and this seems to confirm this.
I wish she would marry a millionaire who is willing to look after her, and just disappear from the newspapers and preferably live in the US where she seems to be forgiven most things and made welcome.
Her charity work may have been successful as she is a very good talker and can get other people to part with their money. Anyone reading that she has opened hospitals could think she paid for them herself and not just persuaded others to do this.
She is not a person to admire, she is not that old, perhaps she can get over her problems or find someone to pay her debts but then I can only hope she doesn´t "do it all again". Her ability as an author has me doubtful as well, as the Duchess of York she was deemed a brilliant author, but now? :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom