Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 1: Oct 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Eugenie_zps69f08b5b.png

Arms of HRH Princess Eugenie of York

Welcome to Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank's
Current Events, Part 1

Commencing October 13, 2018

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

So I wonder if they will just keep doing what they have been with their careers now that they are married...will we see Eugenie (and perhaps Jack) show up at any official engagements?

LaRae

They will attend events like Trooping the Colour and other major family events but otherwise they will continue with their jobs etc.

I would therefore expect Eugenie would do around 7 - 10 engagements a year with Jack by her side if said event falls on a weekend but maybe not if it is during the week and he has to work.

They will attend events like Trooping the Colour and other major family events but otherwise they will continue with their jobs etc.

I would therefore expect Eugenie would do around 7 - 10 engagements a year with Jack by her side if said event falls on a weekend but maybe not if it is during the week and he has to work.

Do you think she will take on a more semi-official role like the Michaels of Kent and attend state banquets and the Remembrance Day events, maybe even (finally) getting her own profile on the RF website?

She used to attend the Remembrance Day events at the Cenotaph and that stopped about 10 years ago.

I am not sure if she and Beatrice will ever become regular attendees at State Banquets if the rumours of Charles wanting a smaller royal family are true. If they are true he will still have his siblings and sons to assist him at those events and William will have his younger uncles, Harry and his own children.

They will simply fall into the very real possibility of not being needed given their ages.

I would like to think that the CHOGM dinner earlier this year set up the idea of the York girls both eventually attending State Banquets but I am not holding out any real hope that it will actually happen.

Jack is a private citizen that won't change. I do think he will be seen at things like Troopingand the flower show.

I als don't see eugenies role changing. She has a career she us building. And very active in the nearly dozen patronages she had taken on. She will continue to appear at some events as she does now.

I do think we will see her and Beatrice at some events. As the Kents and Gloucesters retire, and Charles and his siblings get older the royal family is already slimming down without Charles doing anything. When the queen passes Charles will be busy handling all his mother once did, and William will have to step up as Prince if Wales. Harry and Meghan will not be able to do all the work the multitude of more minor senior royals are doing now, alone. If the Cambrudge kids are allowed to be part time as long as dad was, it will be more then twenty years before they step up to the plate. Anne, possibly Andrew will have slowed down or retired long before.

The Gloucester's won't be retiring any time soon. They will be there supporting Charles throughout his reign. I do think people forget how close in age Charles and Richard are - four years apart. He is closer in age to Richard and Birgitte than he is to either of his brothers. In many ways William and Richard were like big brothers to him as he grew up.

If the Duke of Gloucester were to retire on age grounds then Charles would only be able to continue for another four years. Prince Michael is only six years Charles' senior as well. They may be different generations in descent from George V but they are closer in age to Charles than to The Queen. They will be around for most, if not all, of Charles' reign.

The Duke of Kent may retire - but he did say a few years ago he wouldn't retire while The Queen was still working as she was he senior by 10 years so he will keep going, unless his health gives out for the rest of the Queen's reign and Alexandra, I suspect is the same.

The problem for the York girls and being needed is that by the time they may be needed the next generation will be ready to step in. Whereas William and Harry weren't called upon until their 30s it is possible that George, Charlotte and Louis will be called upon in their 20s leaving the York girls out altogether as the idea of a smaller royal family is centred on the monarch and his direct heirs but not collateral heirs - so no place in the future either for Harry's kids.

The Gloucester's won't be retiring any time soon. They will be there supporting Charles throughout his reign. I do think people forget how close in age Charles and Richard are - four years apart. He is closer in age to Richard and Birgitte than he is to either of his brothers. In many ways William and Richard were like big brothers to him as he grew up.

If the Duke of Gloucester were to retire on age grounds then Charles would only be able to continue for another four years. Prince Michael is only six years Charles' senior as well. They may be different generations in descent from George V but they are closer in age to Charles than to The Queen. They will be around for most, if not all, of Charles' reign.

The Duke of Kent may retire - but he did say a few years ago he wouldn't retire while The Queen was still working as she was he senior by 10 years so he will keep going, unless his health gives out for the rest of the Queen's reign and Alexandra, I suspect is the same.

The problem for the York girls and being needed is that by the time they may be needed the next generation will be ready to step in. Whereas William and Harry weren't called upon until their 30s it is possible that George, Charlotte and Louis will be called upon in their 20s leaving the York girls out altogether as the idea of a smaller royal family is centred on the monarch and his direct heirs but not collateral heirs - so no place in the future either for Harry's kids.

Yes, people always act like the Gloucesters are about to kick the bucket but Birgitte is only one year older than Camilla. And people are always bring up QEQM's longevity in regards to how long HM will live, but Richard's mom outlasted QEQM.

Like you I don't see much opportunity for B or E under either Charles' or William's reigns. I don't even think they plan to maintain their current numbers. Right now they have 15 working royals, but 20 years from now I think they'll try to have 9 or 10. No one will be prematurely retired but they'll narrow the firm through natural attrition.

I see Eugenie and Beatrice attend maybe the odd engagement, just like prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
Quite possibly some state dinners too. Of course I don’t think they’ll attend too many, but definitely the occasional one.

While all the full time royals seem in good health, you really can’t predict when something goes wrong.
Unfortunately illness and death strike when you least expect.

Eugenie already have her own engagements for her patronage’s, she attends family events and Palace engagements. So my guess is that we’ll see Jack attending these events with Eugenie when he can. He have a job too, so that will factor in.

After watching these two people and how they expressed themselves to each other on their wedding day, I just can't imagine that Eugenie would want to have her title *not* reflect her marriage to Jack. At this point, it looks like she will never be a working royal for the "Firm" and to omit her husband from her style, to me, would just be unnatural.

Jack seems pretty well settled in his career and to be honest, I don't think he'd really care if he had a title or not. It never seemed to bother him all the years he was with Eugenie as he never sought attention and was always pleasantly in the background smiling.

These two are going to pretty much live their own lives privately and I wouldn't be surprised one little bit if, at work. Eugenie is now referred to as Eugenie Brooksbank.

After watching these two people and how they expressed themselves to each other on their wedding day, I just can't imagine that Eugenie would want to have her title *not* reflect her marriage to Jack. At this point, it looks like she will never be a working royal for the "Firm" and to omit her husband from her style, to me, would just be unnatural.

Jack seems pretty well settled in his career and to be honest, I don't think he'd really care if he had a title or not. It never seemed to bother him all the years he was with Eugenie as he never sought attention and was always pleasantly in the background smiling.

These two are going to pretty much live their own lives privately and I wouldn't be surprised one little bit if, at work. Eugenie is now referred to as Eugenie Brooksbank.

I totally agree with this assessment.

A lot of projecting here

HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland is still HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland
She is not HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. Christopher O'Neil, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland

Yet everyone knows who her husband is, there is no confusion whatsoever

can't imagine that Eugenie would want to have her title *not* reflect her marriage to Jack.

ABSOLUTELY.. If ever a bride looked eager to bear her Husband's name it is this one..

Where will Eugenie and Jack travel on their honeymoon?

That would be my guess. Switzerland is particularly lovely in October- warm sunny days, pleasantly cool nights. They would have all the privacy they needed, I think there’s even an indoor pool- and Verbier has lots of nice restaurants and hiking trails. Of course, I’m prejudiced; we generally spend a couple of months here every fall.

Does Jack have his own flat somewhere in London?

How long they had been living together before marriage?

Well...they didn't meet until 2010 I think...so they can't of lived together anywhere near 10 years.

LaRae

Did they actually live together that long before marriage? Andrew kept an apartment at St. James' Palace for Beatrice and Eugenie until recently. They moved into Ivy Cottage around the time Louis was born. The plan was earlier, but there was the damp fight.

How long they had been living together before marriage?

I don't believe they did; I recall reading that one reason Eugenie was delighted to be given Ivy Cottage is because she and Jack could finally live together for the first time.

(Though perhaps he did sometimes stay at the flat in St. James; but I suppose that didn't count since he did not actually live there.)

When was Ivy Cottage given to Eugenie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom