Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 1: Oct 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Eugenie was at the Super Bowl with Harry on Sunday.

Wonder why Jack and Meghan gave it a miss?

Jack is likely at home with August in the UK.
Meghan just might not have the same interest in football and preferred to stay home.

I think we're reading too much into this. The simple explanation is that there were two tickets and Eugenie and Harry used them. Anything outside of that is tilting at windmills.

It's a deliberate public endorsement & will be viewed pretty negatively by many in this country. Not that it matters in the great scheme of things I suppose. Worse things happen at sea & all that.....

Tilting at windmills? I wouldn't like to say. ?

I think it was nice Harry and Eugenie got to enjoy the Super Bowl together. It has always been said they were close. I am disappointed but not surprised by the attacks being made on Eugenie.

It's quite sad that two cousins who grew up together and have always been close can't watch a sporting event together without there being stuff all over Twitter about Eugenie "taking sides". Maybe Jack's busy at work and didn't want to fly all the way to California and back.

No one's attacking her. I'm sure she's lovely & is fond of her cousin. That's not the issue at all.

It's quite sad that two cousins who grew up together and have always been close can't watch a sporting event together without there being stuff all over Twitter about Eugenie "taking sides". Maybe Jack's busy at work and didn't want to fly all the way to California and back.

Right? And now all these think pieces out. People say they need to act like family but then when they do they force them to take a side. Her visiting Harry has been labeled "sending a message" and that is just sad and says so much.

Well twitter's full of bile. Whereas on TRF we have mutually respectful discussions.?

I can certainly agree that this whole situation is sad. And a bit weird. Who would have thought a forum about British royalty would include attendance at the US Superbowl? I didn't even know what it was before looking it up.:lol:

I think we're reading too much into this. The simple explanation is that there were two tickets and Eugenie and Harry used them. Anything outside of that is tilting at windmills.

It might come down to who likes or understands American football. Meghan might be like me and not even know who was playing.

...although I like the NCAA College Basketball tournament. Just call me Lady Bracket. :)

Did Jack and little August go to California?

Right? And now all these think pieces out. People say they need to act like family but then when they do they force them to take a side. Her visiting Harry has been labeled "sending a message" and that is just sad and says so much.
You put your finger right on the point. There are fans of Rugby, Football, etc. in the BRF and some terrific photos of everyone from Princess Ann to William, Harry (and probably dear old Dad), Beatrice, Eugenie and never forget the Tindalls. I'm guessing Harry is missing UK style sport something awful so decided to see if he could become a US Football fan and for reasons that are none of our darned business, his favourite cousin and fellow Rugby fan just happened to be there so off they went to have some fun.

The amount of snark about Eugenie "sending messages" and other such weird and wonderful notions really is unpleasant. Harry and Eugenie have always been close and seeing them together at the Superbowl really did look very, very strange. Where were their hats, scarfs, coats and gloves? They probably felt sort of upside-down themselves just chilling with their favourite coussie and trying to sort out the rules.

That is normal behaviour for family, isn't it?

yep it it is just family. I also don't understand why people are making a bit about Meghan and David - I understand they came in a group straight into the hospitality center. They could easily been among them. They simply didn't leave the hospitality center.
To be honest - I think it was the baptism of Lili.

I think people just like to go to big events. There are never-ending moans about real fans not being able to get tickets for Wimbledon, the Cup Final, the Grand National etc because so many of them go to hospitality packages or celebs. The prawn sandwich brigade, as Roy Keane calls them! But there's nothing unusual in seeing two famous people at a big event.

Bunte online, the German tabloid, has a short article about Princess Eugenie's "Anti-Slavery Collective" initiative.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisc...prinz-andrew-wirbel-um-ihr-neues-projekt.html

They concentrate on the fuss it caused on Twitter and very much about the negative opinions there.

What I find interesting: The "Anti-Slavery Collective" initiative is according to Bunte online alledgedly caring about the victims of sexual exploitation as well. So, perhaps no wonder about the Twitter users going against Eugenie here.

Bunte online in the end asks with the Twitter users, if Princess Eugenie will talk in her upcoming podcast about her father and so her personal connection to the subject too and closes with the outlook, that this is highly unlikely since she was always very supportive towards her father.

I just thought, I bring this up, because this is an opinion different from the Royal Forums users here in the thread.

Thank you for sharing this, victor. As you stated, The Royal Forums is obviously not representative of the general public, and information about public opinion is useful to have. It is also worth recalling, though, that there is evidence indicating that Twitter is not representative of the general public, either.

As for the comments quoted in the article, while I think it is legitimate to ask why Princess Eugenie has not addressed the allegations against her father, I also think it is ethically responsible for campaigners to recuse themselves from publicly commenting on or becoming involved in any case involving a member of their immediate family. Nor do I see how it would be beneficial to the anti-slavery movement if she would shut down her campaign.

Last edited:
You put your finger right on the point. There are fans of Rugby, Football, etc. in the BRF and some terrific photos of everyone from Princess Ann to William, Harry (and probably dear old Dad), Beatrice, Eugenie and never forget the Tindalls. I'm guessing Harry is missing UK style sport something awful so decided to see if he could become a US Football fan and for reasons that are none of our darned business, his favourite cousin and fellow Rugby fan just happened to be there so off they went to have some fun.

The amount of snark about Eugenie "sending messages" and other such weird and wonderful notions really is unpleasant. Harry and Eugenie have always been close and seeing them together at the Superbowl really did look very, very strange. Where were their hats, scarfs, coats and gloves? They probably felt sort of upside-down themselves just chilling with their favourite coussie and trying to sort out the rules.

That is normal behaviour for family, isn't it?

It was close to 90 degrees in Southern California during Super Bowl weekend. The heat was oppressive.

I thought Eug and Harry were over dressed for the event!:lol:

I suppose that's her husband, hard to tell behind the foliage ?

Not a recent photo, obvs. - bit early yet for blossom and leaves.

I agree with Valerie Rose that it is early for leaves and blossoms. However, the immediate area may be experiencing warmer weather.
The gentleman is definitely Jack.

I am sorry but I cannot be bothered with these photographs. They want them on their profiles but not let the peasants see anything. I find all these baby photographs by royals and celebs the same , we need you for likes and clicks but you will only be permitted to see the child's head or toes or fingers. Do not bother it is all very patronising.
I understand the need and desire for privacy but do not patronize me with hints of photographs.

I am sorry but I cannot be bothered with these photographs. They want them on their profiles but not let the peasants see anything. I find all these baby photographs by royals and celebs the same , we need you for likes and clicks but you will only be permitted to see the child's head or toes or fingers. Do not bother it is all very patronising.
I understand the need and desire for privacy but do not patronize me with hints of photographs.

My sentiments exactly and why I rarely, if ever, choose to look at the photos. :D

It might come down to who likes or understands American football. Meghan might be like me and not even know who was playing.

...although I like the NCAA College Basketball tournament. Just call me Lady Bracket. :)

Did Jack and little August go to California?

It would not be that likely that two British people know more about American Football than someone who was born in the States. I personally didn't know ANYTHING about the game until we moved to the States and suddenly had lots of friends who were crazy about it.

I guess Harry and Eugenie mostly went for 'the experience', not because they are huge American Football fans.

Last edited:
It would not be that likely that two British people know more about American Football than someone who was born in the States. I personally didn't know ANYTHING about the game until we moved to the States and suddenly had lots of friends who were crazy about it.

I guess they mostly went for 'the experience', not because they are huge American Football fans.

Some people, like me, watch the "stupid" bowl solely for the commercials and the half time show they put on. I blessedly was spared this year from it even being on our TV here. The Olympics prevailed most fortunately. :D

Some people, like me, watch the "stupid" bowl solely for the commercials and the half time show they put on. I blessedly was spared this year from it even being on our TV here. The Olympics prevailed most fortunately. :D

I am quite sure you are among many Americans. However, the number of non-Americans (without some connection to the States) who do the same is very small.

I am quite sure you are among many Americans. However, the number of non-Americans (without some connection to the States) who do the same is very small.

I agree. Just like there's not a lot of interest here in the States really for soccer (the original football) as there is elsewhere. Or ice hockey. There's not a whole lot of British interest in that game but it's huge here in the US.

I can attest to this as I used to go across the Ambassador bridge from Detroit to Windsor, Ontario way back when the drinking age in Ontario was lowered to 18 and the age in Detroit was still 21. How to determine what nationality the guy you just met in a bar was? Ask him what his favorite sport is. An American would most likely answer "football" and a Canadian answer "hockey". Worked every time. :D

It was close to 90 degrees in Southern California during Super Bowl weekend. The heat was oppressive.

I thought Eug and Harry were over dressed for the event!:lol:

I agree. Even in the shade, they'd have been overdressed IMO.

Thank goodness that the weather has finally cooled off today and it feels more like a typical February day.

This is not the thread for in-depth analysis of the Duke of Sussex. Let's not derail this thread too.

Posts have been deleted.

I guess Harry and Eugenie mostly went for 'the experience', not because they are huge American Football fans.

Eugenie worked in New York for a few years, so perhaps she was exposed to football then.

I am the opposite - I record the game and start watching about an hour after it starts - purely so I can run through the adds and the 'stupid' half-time show. If I wanted to watch a concert I would go to one but when I want to watch football, of any persuasion, all I want to watch is the game and nothing extraneous.

The Olympics have been so badly covered here that I have been able to record everything, watch on delay and get through the entire coverage in about three hours a day - the rest being repeats, sports I find boring and talking heads (with the Summer Games I had three channels here as well as the BBC and did the lot with a good 8 hours sleep each night before the start of the closing ceremony).

My sentiments exactly and why I rarely, if ever, choose to look at the photos. :D

I agree, pictures of the type do nothing for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom