The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-17-2022, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Eugenie and Jack were seen driving away from the Duke of York's Royal Lodge in Windsor today and Eugenie has announced that a podcast for her anti-slavery charity will be launched:

** dailymail article **
Old 01-18-2022, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah, if this was really clever? Draws even more attention on Andrew, whom she cannot denie as being Dad. But maybe she manages to create her own image and distance from Andrew and the accusations and facts about him being friends with a sextrafficker. Hope she has and takes better advice than him. All the best.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Princess Eugenie has been working on the anti-slavery collective (which she started with a friend) for years now, so, it seems that she is not letter her distract herself from her work by what is going on with her father by for example postponing the planned launch of her podcast. I do admire that. Will she face criticism, yes, she will and yes, she has, but she seems determined not to let her father's issue stand in the way of what she is working towards.

Next to that, he of course remains her father, so a visit to her parental home in such trying times for the family seems the right thing to do.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:14 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When I think about it, there is no better time to really ramp up the message of The Anti-Slavery Collective especially since right now the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell remains fresh in people's mind and, of course, Eugenie's own father is embroiled in a lawsuit with sex trafficking at its core.

Hopefully the mass conscious of the public has been so disgusted and appalled at the behavior of Epstein and Maxwell that they choose to delve further into becoming educated on the issue and realize that Epstein and Maxwell were, by no means a solitary and sordid blip but actually part of a ongoing and serious issue that affects so many people globally.

WTG Eugenie. Keep that good work going strong!
Old 01-19-2022, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
Yeah, if this was really clever? Draws even more attention on Andrew, whom she cannot denie as being Dad. But maybe she manages to create her own image and distance from Andrew and the accusations and facts about him being friends with a sextrafficker. Hope she has and takes better advice than him. All the best.
That Eugenie is Andrew's daughter is a statement of fact, so I am not sure how E visiting her father will bring even more attention to the matter that Andrew is dealing with.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Eugenie was spotted in London on Wednesday 19 January

https://twitter.com/SourceEugenie/st...255246/photo/1
Old 01-20-2022, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Bunte online, the German tabloid, has a short article about Princess Eugenie's "Anti-Slavery Collective" initiative.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisch...s-projekt.html

They concentrate on the fuss it caused on Twitter and very much about the negative opinions there.

What I find interesting: The "Anti-Slavery Collective" initiative is according to Bunte online alledgedly caring about the victims of sexual exploitation as well. So, perhaps no wonder about the Twitter users going against Eugenie here.

Bunte online in the end asks with the Twitter users, if Princess Eugenie will talk in her upcoming podcast about her father and so her personal connection to the subject too and closes with the outlook, that this is highly unlikely since she was always very supportive towards her father.

I just thought, I bring this up, because this is an opinion different from the Royal Forums users here in the thread.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Princess Eugenie was out in London this week:

** dm article: Eugenie's night on the town! Prince Andrew's daughter is all smiles ..**
Old 02-10-2022, 12:47 AM
Administrator

August had his first birthday yesterday, February 9, and Princess Eugenie shared a lovely birthday message and two new photos of their winter holidays and a playgroup date:

** instagram post **

Quote:
Happy 1st Birthday to our little hero Augie. You are such a special soul that brightens every room with your smile and wave. You have made us so very proud. We love you!
Old 02-10-2022, 02:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

And still no images of his face. I do understand why parents don't want everyone to know what a baby looks like but to me it seems rather pointless to post a picture of the back of a child's head.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Agreed. If you don't want the world to know how the baby looks - which is sensible perhaps- don't post a photo of the baby.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, I understand the impulse to show him off and definitely also the one to keep his face private but the back of a baby's head is pointless.

He looks like he might have a bit of red in his hair there.

And they call him Augie, cute. Although I would have gone with Gus!
Old 02-10-2022, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, it is her right as mom to not show his face. I get that, but you also wont get clicks from me either.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

So Eugenie was at the Super Bowl with Harry on Sunday.

Wonder why Jack and Meghan gave it a miss?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
So Eugenie was at the Super Bowl with Harry on Sunday.

Wonder why Jack and Meghan gave it a miss?
what does that mean? Harry and Eugenie might have wanted to spend a bit of time togeher
Old 02-14-2022, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

My guess would be Harry and Meghan were gong to attend. Eugenie is in town (is Jack?) and Meghan gave Eugenie her ticket instead. The cousins got to hang out together.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
My guess would be Harry and Meghan were gong to attend. Eugenie is in town (is Jack?) and Meghan gave Eugenie her ticket instead. The cousins got to hang out together.
Quite possible. But then again, it may well be that H&M saw that a picture of Eug & Harry would get lots of attention and dispel any notions of Harry not being in touch with any of the Windsors.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

But we already know Eugenie is close to the Sussexes. That is not exactly news.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why wouldnt all 4 of them go?
Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why wouldnt all 4 of them go?
Do we know Jack is also in town? Maybe Eugenie's trip was not planned in advance? Harry and Meghan could have had these tickets a while (very likely). They not the easiest tickets to grab. If you spotted most the celebrities in the crowd, it was mostly just them and their +1. So, I very well could see Meghan giving her ticket to Eugenie to let them enjoy the night on the town together.

Tags
current events, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie