The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I don’t think think we should make assumptions about someone else’s marriage. For all we know Eugenie is fine with Jack having “fun” with barely dressed women
I totally agree. Behavior that might not be acceptable in one marriage might not be out of bounds in another. None of us know what Jack told Eugenie about what is involved in his career as a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila.

It's not exactly the kind of work that involves sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer Monday through Friday.

Anyway, I wouldn't assume that Eugenie is going to be upset that her husband cavorts with attractive women as part of his job. Perhaps mutual trust is part of their bond?

No one knows what goes on in someone else's relationship except the two people involved.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There's also an old quote about being married. It goes "married but not buried". If a married couple had to avoid any and every situation where "temptation" may arise, they'd never leave home without each other and always be in each other's back pockets and that can stifle a relationship right there.

I think the media has overplayed this with purposely publishing the pictures that would make the public believe there's some sinister and dire going on and Jack is being led down a path by sea nymphs. I'm in the corner that all is innocent and above board unless proven otherwise.

But I say don’t openly embrace temptation and play with fire purposely either. A healthy middle ground makes the healthiest marriages:) I have always understood look with your eyes not with your hands is the best advice.

Jack was looking with his hands.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
But I say don’t openly embrace temptation and play with fire purposely either. A healthy middle ground makes the healthiest marriages:) I have always understood look with your eyes not with your hands is the best advice.

Jack was looking with his hands.
Imho, he wasn't. There is ONE picture in which he -while fully clothed- poses next to someone for a picture (who wasn't in a bikini - he did not touch her skin), that's all there is to it.

If he had refused to do that, I am sure that would have caused him a lot more trouble than going along. It seems very far-fetched to make him taking a picture next to someone into a 'temptation' and 'risk for his marriage' - I'm quite impressed how all of this turned into a discussion about infidelity. Next to that, him 'looking with his eyes' in this situation sounds much more dangerous - and there is no clear indication that he spent his afternoon staring at women's half-naked bodies; he went on a boat trip and swam in the sea...
Old 08-01-2021, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well... one thing for sure has been accomplished. It's got the tongues a waggin' away. Who brought the donuts?

Love is blind but the neighbors ain't.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

A number of speculative posts and responses to them have been deleted. There's plenty to discuss without crossing the line into speculation.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Majesty

If people did not buy the tabloids, The Daily Mail reporters would be out of a job.
Why do the reporters have an interest in Jack anyway? He is the grandson-in-law of The Queen.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Courtier

You guys! Geez. Jack is in the glamour lifestyle area of his employer's business.

He wasn't hired to sit in a warehouse wearing a green visor and attending to ledgers.

Princess Eugenie knows this.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:33 AM
Royal Highness

She may know it logically in her mind but emotions rarely are so convenient and cut and dry.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If people did not buy the tabloids, The Daily Mail reporters would be out of a job.
Why do the reporters have an interest in Jack anyway? He is the grandson-in-law of The Queen.
Because he's the grandson-in-law of The Queen. He had a televised wedding with all the royal trimmings. And to a lesser extent Eugenie posts semi regular pictures of her family on her Instagram. There's a market for members of HM's extended family behaving "scandalously" and doing something wrong or on the flip side getting married and doing glamourous/good things (like Kitty's recent "royal adjacent" wedding).

To be far to the DM, this time the photos were publicly available and already being talked about before they published them.

It's a minor "scandal" not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I can see why it made the tabloids.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:31 PM
Courtier

After reading the headlines I was expecting some scandalous photos, and all I got was some pretty standard looking work situation

I'm more than sure Eugenie is completely fine. It's a part of his job. There wasn't anything inappropriate in the pictures and I sincerely doubt it was the first time his work looked exactly like that. Perhaps the first time it was photographed and in the tabloids.

A big fuss about absolutely nothing and people are talking about temptation and infidelity, oh lord
Old 08-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Nobility

When I sign contracts, I always make it clear that I'm not to do any of the advertising. No TV appearances, no radio, no cameras, nothing. They're more than fine with this because having someone who gets nervous whenever public attention is on them isn't good for them anyway. Tongue-tied, blushing, all the array isn't a good look when promoting anything.

There is a part of business not everyone is cut out for. Jack clearly is. I didn't see anything scandalous about it. Not even mildly inappropriate. The fact that he's Eugenie's husband was the main attraction, not anything he did, IMO.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I bet the company is laughing about the 'free publicity' they are getting with these photos.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, because George Clooney never gets any publicity on his own!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-05-2021, 01:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Imho, he wasn't. There is ONE picture in which he -while fully clothed- poses next to someone for a picture (who wasn't in a bikini - he did not touch her skin), that's all there is to it.

If he had refused to do that, I am sure that would have caused him a lot more trouble than going along. It seems very far-fetched to make him taking a picture next to someone into a 'temptation' and 'risk for his marriage' - I'm quite impressed how all of this turned into a discussion about infidelity. Next to that, him 'looking with his eyes' in this situation sounds much more dangerous - and there is no clear indication that he spent his afternoon staring at women's half-naked bodies; he went on a boat trip and swam in the sea...
I would have to agree, as to "looking with his hands", it's a far cry from what we saw. I am both surprised and disgusted at the speed Jack and Eugenie's marriage went from charmingly sweet and romantic to on the rocks and the unrestrained pleasure people are feeling at the possibility of a front row at the destruction of their marriage. Popcorn? That is truly cruel and shows the depths of callousness some are willing to sink to in pursuit of their 'entertainment'.

I think Eugenie and Jack display a wonderfully unabashed happiness and sheer joy in living that is actually enviable despite the depressive aspects of everyone's life and expectations for the future in this time of Covid.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:25 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Eugenie has posted a short video of pictures of Beatrice and herself on Instagram wishing her sister a Happy Birthday.
@princesseugenie Verified
Happy Birthday to my big sissy.. BeaBea you are sensational and I have loved every minute watching you be brave and true...and you ❤️...and now a mummy to be :) #iloveyou
9h
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSUz98NDGIC/
Old 08-09-2021, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

They were such adorable little girls, always beautifully dressed.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 08-16-2021, 07:29 PM
Courtier

In perhaps an aftermath of the "Jack-on-a-Boat-with-Girls" affair, Jack Brooksbank is now taking over as CEO of the accounting company of his father, Bunte online, the german tabloid, reports.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisch...neuen-job.html

How this fits with his education - I have no idea! But as long as the Prince Andrew case goes on, I am sure, we wont see jolly Windsors anymore.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
In perhaps an aftermath of the "Jack-on-a-Boat-with-Girls" affair, Jack Brooksbank is now taking over as CEO of the accounting company of his father, Bunte online, the german tabloid, reports.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisch...neuen-job.html

How this fits with his education - I have no idea! But as long as the Prince Andrew case goes on, I am sure, we wont see jolly Windsors anymore.
It's CEO he shall be, not CFO. I think it's a good fit.

And I defend Jack in Boatgate. He is/was in the leisure/lifestyle business. The opportunistic girl who engaged in immodest behavior was out of his control. He had no choice but to be an engaging host with the cameras all popping.

The Yorks could use an accounting firm resource in their fold. STAT.
Old 08-17-2021, 02:28 AM
Majesty

I don’t think Jack is set to be CEO at his father’s old firm. As far as I know Jack doesn’t possess an accounting degree. The original report (from which Bunte seems to have taken its article and embroidered it) was an Eden Confidential piece in our old friend the Daily Fail, of a few days ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ad-models.html

In it Eden reports that ‘he has heard’ that Jack is to be appointed a director at his father’s prestigious old firm. A Director, especially a non-executive one as I suspect Jack will be, sometimes has few duties bar turning up to board meetings and proffering a suggestion or two.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Eugenie and Jack attended the Horan & Rose Show: „Modest!“ in Watford on September 3. The event, hosted by Niall Horan and Justin Rose, raised money for The Black Heart Foundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Tags
current events, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie