The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2021, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
So when you are married, you can't have fun with female pals ?
No you can't really, not without your wife present. Jack has probably learned a valuable lesson today and that is that when you're connected to the royal family in any way, the press will watch you closely...as his mother-in-law can attest to. I doubt we'll see this happening again.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Jack… yikes. It could be very innocent but oy.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It really depends on the fun. I wouldn't find it funny if I my husband was having fun at an holiday destination with model female friends...He even hugs one of them. He looks like he's having the best day of his life away from his wife and son.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:32 PM
Majesty

I didn't really like the photos either. Jack is married to a person who is famous all over the world and so he must be careful what he does. He may just want to have fun but he must be careful.
And I always liked this couple.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The headline paints a rather different picture than the article, which proceeds to quote a source explaining that the tequila firm for which Jack Brooksbank works as a brand ambassador assigned him the job of "schmoozing" with famous guests attending the company-sponsored gala on the island. The article also states that the photograph of the boat vacation was shared to Instagram by the tequila firm's fashion ambassador, not by Mr. Brooksbank.

Quote:
Mr Brooksbank is a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila, a sponsor of last night's invitation-only Unicef Summer Gala, where tickets are priced from £8,000 to £25,000.

And ahead of the bash, he spent Friday afternoon aboard the classic 26ft 'gozzo' boat, exploring the caves and grottos dotted around Capri's coast.

Joining him were Rachel Zalis – a former editor of Glamour magazine who is now Casamigos's global director, and who soaked up the rays in a black bikini – and Maria Buccellati, a model turned fashion ambassador.

She wrapped her arm around him as they posed for an affectionate-looking Instagram snap to share with her 14,000 followers.

[...]

A source close to Jack told The Mail on Sunday that Eugenie hadn't joined him on the business trip to Capri because he was 'there to work at the ball'.

Sources say Jack's job was to keep an eye on the cocktail bar and schmooze with famous guests, who included singers Katy Perry and John Legend and supermodel Heidi Klum.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

I will give you that. His livelihood depends on schmoozing and entertaining a certain set and he is obviously very good at. I just hope he doesn’t go too far because it would just that easy and that his wife and he are on the same page about his job.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure what Jack's work really entails as "brand ambassador " .
Regardless, him frolicking around with bikini-clad and topless women is not good for his image and his marriage.
He's a man at the end of the day and nude and scantily clad women can invite unnecessary temptation.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, you can't.
You are supposed to be committed to your wife, and this sort of thing disrespects her.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'd be surprised if this weekend was the first of its kind that Jack has had to be involved in for business. Perhaps there's even been many times where Eugenie has accompanied him in the past and even, perhaps, knows the people he was with.

For all we know, Jack may have had a wonderful time playing proud daddy and pulling out picture after picture and videos of August beaming ear to ear and checking in on mom and baby every couple of hours.

One thing that is important in a marriage is trust. I would like to think that trust is strong between Eugenie and Jack.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:09 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tays-home.html

As someone said in the Daily Mail comments section today.

He's not drunk; he's not engaging in an inappropriate manner with any of the women.

I seem to remember a similar situation with Princess Stephanie of Monaco's husband by a swimming pool; and the press zoomed in on that.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:12 AM
Courtier

[....]

I don’t think think we should make assumptions about someone else’s marriage. For all we know Eugenie is fine with Jack having “fun” with barely dressed women
Old 08-01-2021, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with eskimo.
A good relationship means giving each other space. As long as both sides are in agreement with what that space entails, we should not presume too much.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

It was part of his work and the photos were even for publicity and I don't think we can draw any conclusions about their marriage from this. However it still doesn't look amazing for a family that is working hard to get out from under its sleazy, partying image for Jack to be pictured with topless girls on a yacht.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sure Jack was enjoying himself, but, if you're on a work jolly thing, it's very difficult to be the person who says that they'll sit in their hotel room or go and do some sightseeing whilst everyone else is out partying together - even if you want to.

It doesn't look great, but it'd only be worrying if Jack had been seen out frolicking with one woman and no-one else around, but he hasn't.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Well let's be real here. Their marriage is up to them, and they are the ones to decide whether to trust each other or not.

HOWEVER, if those pictures generated debate all over the tabloids and internet, it means something went wrong, right? If not, none of this would be a big deal. [.....]
Old 08-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Well let's be real here. Their marriage is up to them, and they are the ones to decide whether to trust each other or not.

HOWEVER, if those pictures generated debate all over the tabloids and internet, it means something went wrong, right? If not, none of this would be a big deal. [.....]
Again, aristocratic circles tend to have a “boys will be boys” mentality. I know several women with a “As long as he comes back home to me and our family at the end of the day” view of martial fidelity. So without know Eugenie and Jack’s views on the topic we shouldn’t judge
Old 08-01-2021, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

HOWEVER, if those pictures generated debate all over the tabloids and internet, it means something went wrong, right? If not, none of this would be a big deal.[.....]
Not necessarily. The fact that others, least of all tabloids and people on the internet, find the pictures outrageous doesn't mean that Eugenie does. At all.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Again, aristocratic circles tend to have a “boys will be boys” mentality. I know several women with a “As long as he comes back home to me and our family at the end of the day” view of martial fidelity. So without know Eugenie and Jack’s views on the topic we shouldn’t judge
I'm not sure kathia_sophia was referring to marital infidelity (and that would be unlikely to occur in full view of a boat crowded with colleagues and business partners, with some sharing the images on their professional social media accounts).
Old 08-01-2021, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is the world of world wide distributed alcoholic drinks that Jack works for. It's what their customers think is fun. Summer, sun, some semi-naked ladies and lots of tequila. It's part of their PR world and so Jack has to be right in the middle of it. He gets payed to do such work, I'M sure Eugenie knows that, too and all is fine for them. Or do you think Jack will get a call from Her Majesty where she chastises him for taking such a boat trip? Come on!
Old 08-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There's also an old quote about being married. It goes "married but not buried". If a married couple had to avoid any and every situation where "temptation" may arise, they'd never leave home without each other and always be in each other's back pockets and that can stifle a relationship right there.

I think the media has overplayed this with purposely publishing the pictures that would make the public believe there's some sinister and dire going on and Jack is being led down a path by sea nymphs. I'm in the corner that all is innocent and above board unless proven otherwise.

Tags
current events, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie