The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 12-12-2020, 06:17 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,664
The Queen doesn't "own' Frogmore cottage which is held by the Crown Estate and is an independent commercial business, created by Act of Parliament. I do believe though that the Queen's permission is required to live in areas such as Windsor Great Park where there are royal residences held by the Crown Estate.

What happened to make Eugenie and Jack move out so quickly is baffling to say the least. There very well may have been a disagreement between the Brooksbanks and the Sussexes if Harry and Meghan still hold the lease to the property and were subletting it.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 12-12-2020, 06:21 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,516
I think if Harry didn't consult the queen she may not have been happy with it.. not because she doesn't want Eugenie to have it but because she may want to keep it free in case H does come back.. or she was annoyed at not being consulted. But I find it hard to believe that she'd say that E and Jack had to leave.. or didn't like the idea of them living close to her...
So it is odd. I suppose if they did move in and now have moved out, the most likely explanation is that they found they didn't like it for some reason or it wasn't convenient for them and now they are going to settle somewhere else..
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 12-12-2020, 06:42 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think if Harry didn't consult the queen she may not have been happy with it.. not because she doesn't want Eugenie to have it but because she may want to keep it free in case H does come back.. or she was annoyed at not being consulted. But I find it hard to believe that she'd say that E and Jack had to leave.. or didn't like the idea of them living close to her...
So it is odd. I suppose if they did move in and now have moved out, the most likely explanation is that they found they didn't like it for some reason or it wasn't convenient for them and now they are going to settle somewhere else..
In the event Harry (or Harry and Meghan) does come back then they'll find somewhere for him/them. It's not going to be dependent on Frogmore, especially as the couple may not have liked it very much in the first place. So she may well not have agreed with how the arrangement happened but I really don't see her saying Eugenie and Jack have to leave if they had already moved in, especially as she's due in the near future and it makes sense to be near her parents and in a bigger house than Ivy/Nott Cott.

If they did move in and are now moving out then it must have been deemed unsuitable in some way. Or perhaps there's an issue with the building like plumbing?

They must have seen it before deciding on this arrangement so suddenly deciding they don't like it would be strange. And they're used to living outside London.

I'm sure there will be more on this ongoing Saga of Frogmore later.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 12-12-2020, 06:59 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
In the event Harry (or Harry and Meghan) does come back then they'll find somewhere for him/them. It's not going to be dependent on Frogmore, especially as the couple may not have liked it very much in the first place. So she may well not have agreed with how the arrangement happened but I really don't see her saying Eugenie and Jack have to leave if they had already moved in, especially as she's due in the near future and it makes sense to be near her parents and in a bigger house than Ivy/Nott Cott.

If they did move in and are now moving out then it must have been deemed unsuitable in some way. Or perhaps there's an issue with the building like plumbing?

They must have seen it before deciding on this arrangement so suddenly deciding they don't like it would be strange. And they're used to living outside London.

I'm sure there will be more on this ongoing Saga of Frogmore later.
I agree, I dont suppose the queen said they have to leave.. but possibly if Euge and jack were aware that the queen wasn't happy with how the arrangment had been made, they might have chosen to leave? Or they might have had a dispute with Harry and MEghan.. perhaps over rent and charges and decided to go.
Possibly they just didn't like the place when they actually moved in there, they didn't like the decor, or something?
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 12-12-2020, 07:18 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,345
Maybe it’s something as simple as it always was a temporary arrangement? Eugenie and Jack still work in London. Maybe they are only staying at Frogmore when needed when they are in Windsor?

Maybe their London place was being renovated and tbey didn’t want to stay with their folks while the work was being done?

The press assumed a lot of things, but they really have zero idea what’s actually going on. No one ever said Eugenie and Jack had moved in. In fact they made it clear the house was still the Sussexes UK residence. Also the words used were “Harry and Meghan opened their home.” to their cousins.

They sounds to me that they have offered their home to them whenever they might need it. Maybe they had a little staycation there? It says a lot when the article even protects itself by saying Eugenie and Jack might return to the cottage. Because they don’t want to look silly if next week they back again.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 12-12-2020, 08:13 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,612
Is there confirmation that the couple have indeed moved out?

The Daily Mail has just regurgitated a story that *The Sun* has come up with. Has there been anything official?
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 12-12-2020, 08:40 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,137
AFAIK Eugenie and Jack still have Ivy Cottage in the Kensington Palace complex in London, so Frogmore is not their only home. My initial reaction was that Eugenie and Jack are going back to London, due to their work and / or that's where Eugenie's medical team / birthing location is based.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 12-12-2020, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

Maybe their London place was being renovated and tbey didn’t want to stay with their folks while the work was being done?
That's what I thought.
But is that was the case, why bother to move in? They could have simply stayed at Royal Lodge, as they have in the past, if it was meant to be temporary.

Now I'm thinking they just didn't like the place, or found they preferred living in London instead of Windsor.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 12-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's what I thought.
But is that was the case, why bother to move in? They could have simply stayed at Royal Lodge, as they have in the past, if it was meant to be temporary.

Now I'm thinking they just didn't like the place, or found they preferred living in London instead of Windsor.
if they did move in I'd assume that this is what happened- that something came up that made them review their decision to live there. Perhaps they decided they'd prefer to live in London.. but I can't imagine why they would take the house if they didn't like it and want to stay. They've seen it before so it seems unlikely that the decoration etc didn't suit them..Perhaps the combination of a house that they found that they didn't like, plus perhaps they also found it difficult to be away from London, drove them to change their minds?
so I think that some kind of dispute with the Sussexes seems the most likely scenario.. Perhaps they wanted to change things in the house, and weren't allowed to. or there was some dispute over money..
Or as I've said perhaps when the story came out, if the queen hadn't been consulted, they felt that it would not be right to go on living there if she wasn't entirely happy wiht it?
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 12-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 921
Assuming there's any truth to The Sun's story and acknowledging we didn't have the full story previously either...

They had already seen the house before they moved in so decoration and layout shouldn't have been a problem.. I know things can feel different once you're living somewhere but it's not like they rented something they'd only seen in pictures. It is a possible though. Both of the know the area well and how far away from London it is and I'm not sure either are working in person in London itself at the moment. But being further away from friends/doctors/Bea could be a factor.

I can see them changing their minds if the Queen was very unhappy *before* they moved in, but after? If they knew she didn't approve and still moved in then they probably wouldn't suddenly move out again over that.

I can see some sort of dispute with the Sussexes over money or redecorating but these things should have been sorted out beforehand to both couples agreement.

If it was always supposed to be very short term then I expect that will "leak" to someone over the next few days.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Assuming there's any truth to The Sun's story and acknowledging we didn't have the full story previously either...

They had already seen the house before they moved in so decoration and layout shouldn't have been a problem.. I know things can feel different once you're living somewhere but it's not like they rented something they'd only seen in pictures. It is a possible though. Both of the know the area well and how far away from London it is and I'm not sure either are working in person in London itself at the moment. But being further away from friends/doctors/Bea could be a factor.

I can see them changing their minds if the Queen was very unhappy *before* they moved in, but after? If they knew she didn't approve and still moved in then they probably wouldn't suddenly move out again over that.

I can see some sort of dispute with the Sussexes over money or redecorating but these things should have been sorted out beforehand to both couples agreement.

If it was always supposed to be very short term then I expect that will "leak" to someone over the next few days.
Its possible that when they moved in, things that didn't seem so bad when they just looked at it, began to get on their nerves and perhaps they weren't allowed to make changes. Re the queen possible I suppose that they didn't realize that Granny wasn't consulted and when they did hear of this... they felt it was better to go. Possibly, to combine the 2 problems, the queen was Ok with them living there but didn't want changes made and they had things that they wanted to change...
I find it hard to think that they would sublet the house for as short a time as 6 weeks or whatever it is... If that was all they wanted it for, surely just as easy to stay with Andrew or rent a smaller place, if they only intneded to stay a few weeks?
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-12-2020, 10:37 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,541
I had just assumed they’ve moved back to Kensington temporarily to be closer to the hospital if Eugenie is due in the New Year.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 12-12-2020, 10:45 AM
acdc1's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 2,191
Was it confirmed that they had “moved in” fully in the first place? I know that the rest of the Sussexes things were moved to California, but I can’t recall if it was said if this was going to be a permanent or semi-permanent residence for them. Could they have just been staying there temporarily while they were having renovations done or something like that?
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 12-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Was it confirmed that they had “moved in” fully in the first place? I know that the rest of the Sussexes things were moved to California, but I can’t recall if it was said if this was going to be a permanent or semi-permanent residence for them. Could they have just been staying there temporarily while they were having renovations done or something like that?
Eug and Jack have a small place in KP as far as I know.. and I assume they'll move out when they have a baby... so its not that likely they would go to Windsor and then come back to the cottage in KP. I think it would be odd to use Frogmore for several weeks if they were just planning on a temporary stay... they could just as easily stay a few weeks at Royal lodge.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 12-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,612
I wonder if the couple is not in a financial position to buy their own home?

To be honest, I didn't see why they couldn't continue to live at Ivy Cottage to big with. It has 3 bedrooms and is on the grounds of Kensington Palace that has all the amenities such as beautiful gardens, pool...etc. I can't imagine why 1 couple and a newborn would need any more space.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 12-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,238
I know it's not the right thread but I was just wondering whether the cottage could be turned back into staff accommodation now.

I wonder where the people who lived there before went to. They may be living out of the Home Park. If they went back to Frogmore Cottage it could free up accommodation for other families.

Sounds like a win.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 12-12-2020, 01:36 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
I know it's not the right thread but I was just wondering whether the cottage could be turned back into staff accommodation now.

I wonder where the people who lived there before went to. They may be living out of the Home Park. If they went back to Frogmore Cottage it could free up accommodation for other families.

Sounds like a win.
Perhaos it could be offered to a senior courtier at some time.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 12-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,532
The house is under lease by the Sussexes. Unless they were released from it, its not going to be offered to a courtier. And its a bit grand for that.

I don't think this move, if its true, has anything to do with the queen. I never bought the story the queen hadn't been consulted. Even if Harry had no concern about his grandmother (which I don't believe), Eugenie would. She wasn't going to move without Granny knowing. The fact that she was living in a royal property before the move, of course the men in black knew.

Has it been confirmed they actually moved back? Were moving vans seen moving them back? Or are they just in London? With things opened back up for December perhaps they were back in the city. Eugenie and Jack both have work in the city as well as Eugenie's patronages. Heaven forbid she shop there.

If they had only moved out of Ivy for renovations, they would have simply moved to Royal Lodge. They have lived there before. And Ivy was renovated before they moved into it. It was offices for years before they took the cottage.



Quote:
I know it's not the right thread but I was just wondering whether the cottage could be turned back into staff accommodation now.

I wonder where the people who lived there before went to. They may be living out of the Home Park. If they went back to Frogmore Cottage it could free up accommodation for other families.

Sounds like a win.

Frogmore wasn't one residence. It's not a matter of moving the original person back in. It was five different apartments, that had been used as housing. Not for courtiers but as staff residence. One of the major reasons it took so much time and money to convert it to a home for the couple.


And I recall reading most of them were empty if not all, when the choice was made to give the couple Frogmore. The place had been in need of work for some time before the couple were given it.


I don't see the palace spending how much money to convert it back into flats for workers.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 12-13-2020, 04:34 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,034
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/134542...gmore-cottage/

Positives: Cottage to Let: Newly renovated, beautiful gardens, more or less burglary proof. Plenty of rooms. Stunning views.

You would think there would be a queue, for this lovely property. No noisy neighbours either. What's not to like!

Negatives:
Short term lease only.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 12-13-2020, 12:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 820
All the papers are saying that they've moved out, which seems a bit odd. It could be something perfectly simple and temporary - a problem with the heating, or the plumbing, and they've just moved out whilst it's being sorted - but it seems rather weird.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current events, jack brooksbank, princess eugenie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: October 12, 2018 soapstar Royal Weddings 542 11-06-2020 12:35 PM
Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 228 03-15-2018 10:50 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones background story bridal gown british royal family british royals buckingham palace canada chittagong commonwealth countries coronavirus daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii emperor facts family life fantasy movie hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume historical drama history introduction jewellery king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mail mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names northern ireland norway plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde queen maxima royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress settings speech stuart suthida taiwan thailand tips uae customs united states of america von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×