Princess Eugenie is expecting her first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they be offered atitle for Jack? Anne was apparnetly against the idea in the 1970s, and its now 2020....

The story may be false, but it is interesting that at least one "source" wishes it to be believed.

If it is true, then the Queen may have "offered" a title for the purpose of consistency with past marriages of princesses, with the understanding that it would not be accepted.

Lets face it. Royal news has pretty much been at a standstill due to the pandemic. There has to be stories to rile up the general public and this one kind of fits that bill. Gives those that comment on their stories an outlet to whine and moan about things totally made up for that purpose. ;)

If they ain't misbehaving, there's gotta be a way to make it seem there's conflict somewhere. Human nature thrives on misbehaving and discord. As its known in my family, its getting their Irish up. :D

But the tone of the story strikes me as being flattering.

the general public in the UK dont give 2 hoots. And on this forum, there was discussion of Jack getting a title for like 2 months before the wedding... surely ti was all thrashed out then

The story does not claim it was recent.

What a cute announcement on her instagram - when I saw the pictures of her shopping I suspected she was pregnant.

She isn't a "public working royal" so I felt if she had wanted to keep it quiet then she could and I was pleasantly surprised when they did announce it

What a cute announcement on her instagram - when I saw the pictures of her shopping I suspected she was pregnant.

She isn't a "public working royal" so I felt if she had wanted to keep it quiet then she could and I was pleasantly surprised when they did announce it

Unfortunately Eugenie wouldn't have been able to keep it quiet, because the Daily Mail often publishes photos of her out and about. If she didn't announce she was pregnant, there just would've been lots of rude comments about weight gain...

But also, Eugenie has shared many of her happy life moments and milestones on her Instagram, so I'm not surprised she shared the baby news as well (in a very cute and tasteful way!)

my point was that the issue had been raised 2 years ago and been thrashed out....The press drags these things up because they have to fill up their pages but It was never likley that Eugene's husband would be offered a title.

:previous: Exactly :flowers:

We see this whenever it’s a slow news day with royals. They work hard to try and spin new angles. Or drudge up old stories and hope no one notices. Magazines copy each other all the time and use each other as sources.

It starting with VA and not DM (sorry I don’t have time or desire to read every trashy article I only read the DM) is a moot point at this. It’s just a desperate attempt for clicks for money.

Didn't somewhere in Jacks Biography states that he has a Title and a Coat of Arms it just is not used. He also is related to Eugenie. Maybe he want to use his?

The Vanity Fair article contains quite a few of speculations. One of them was
In addition, Andrew will reportedly not be invited to any of the public ceremonies honoring his father, Prince Philip, on his 100th birthday next June.​

This was apparently based on The Sun, where "an insider" mentioned that "He will not be invited to major celebrations and organisers have been told to avoid pictures of him in a photo exhibition." The photo exhibition will be organised by the Royal Collection Trust.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12654179/prince-andrew-philip-100th-birthday-airbrushed/

I don't understand why Vanity Fair have to drag Andrew's name in Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's future children arrangement. This is especially with a very unreliable source on Prince Philip's 100th Birthday arrangement. Ok, Baby Brooksbank might be included in the "photo exhibition", but nothing is set in stone.

The VF article also mentioned about the absence of official photograph of Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips and Mia Tindall, after their birth. Archie did have an official "photo-call and family portrait" after his birth, as well as "official portraits" after his christening.

The public events surrounding royal births have varied over the last decade. When Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had their son, Archie, his birth was followed by an official photo-call and family portraits. While his christening was held privately, a series of official portraits were released a few days later. For the Queen's grandchildren without titles, the affairs are much quieter. When Peter Phillips’ daughters, Savannah and Isla, are the queen’s two oldest great-grandchildren, were born in 2010 and 2012 respectively, the palace released statements, but no official photos accompanied them. Their christenings were also private, though the queen was in attendance. When another great-grandchild, Mia Tindall, was christened, the public only saw pictures of the family assembling because an ITV reporter just so happened to be visiting the Gloucestershire village where the ceremony took place.​

Of course the photographs will depend on the location/time of Baby Brooksbank's birth and whether or not Eugenie and Jack or the Royal Family want to release pictures (alongside with the announcement). I am not quite sure when the York Princesses usually leave Sandringham Estate after Christmas. Otherwise, I think Eugenie could give birth in Sandringham, rather than London if the expected date is very early 2021. There is also the possibility of releasing photographs after Baby Brooksbank's christening.

Didn't somewhere in Jacks Biography states that he has a Title and a Coat of Arms it just is not used. He also is related to Eugenie. Maybe he want to use his?

He does not have a title that isn't used

He is in line to the Brooksbank Baronetcy that his father's cousin currently holds. The family has a Coat of Arms which have never been used in connection with Jack or Jack and Eugenie and a (theoretical) conjugal Coat of Arms.

They are distantly related a few times over as detailed in the Jack Brooksback family and background thread by some dedicated posters. It's clear that Jack, like Edo is very well connected to the British aristocracy, nobility and upper class.

Brooksbank baronetcy. The 1st baronet was succeeded by his eldest grandson William. The current and 3rd is Williams only son Nicholas who was at the wedding with his wife. They have two children but only one son Thomas. William had two younger brothers. His brother Stamp was Jacks paternal grandfather. Stamp had two sons David and George. David is the elder brother and has two sons one who did the reading at the wedding. So Jack is currently sixth in line behind second cousin Thomas, uncle David, his two cousins and then his father.

This is the coat of arms

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooksbank_baronets

As for related they are related through his paternal grandmother. Stamps wife Celia Coke was a granddaughter of Thomas Coke, Earl of Leicester. Thomas was married twice. Eugenie is descended from his daughter Julia from his first wife. Jack is descended from his son John from his second wife. He is also related to the Oglivy family as Angus Oglivy is descended from Thomas' heir also Thomas, the third Earl (the 3rd Earl was Angus' maternal grandfather).

Last edited:
Situations where the use of a personal or family coat of arms would be expected are few and far between today. If it is true that Jack Brooksbank has never used his inherited coat of arms, I would guess it is not so much a planned choice as a lack of opportunity.

Very interesting about the titles.

Some suggestions that baby is arriving in February.

If Eugenie is only 3 months along, then March is also a possibility. I can't tell by looking at her; she doesn't have a big tummy, just a fuller figure.

Prince Andrew - 19th February, 1960
Princess Eugenie - 23rd March, 1990.

Situations where the use of a personal or family coat of arms would be expected are few and far between today. If it is true that Jack Brooksbank has never used his inherited coat of arms, I would guess it is not so much a planned choice as a lack of opportunity.

It's true there are very few occasions. I was thinking really of his wedding where he didn't use it in the order of service but Eugenie used her personal one, which she doesn't often have the opportunity to officially show off either.

In contrast Kate used the new Middleton CoA in the order of service, although Meghan did not use hers so I don't think we can draw any conclusions on whether his branch of the family ever use it.

Soon we have November, wonder is the Queen has her Christmas lunch for the Family this year, so we will see Eugenie and Jack with baby bump make three there, hopefully so Beatrice and Edo. I am really excided for this little bundle of joy to come into this world. No matter what is said about A/S, they really did a great job with their daughters.

we dont realy know what will happen for Christmas this year....the queen may just have a small Christmas wiht a few family members

I wonder if the family members will just stay in their own homes; and have a get together next year. Maybe when the Queen celebrates her 95th; Philip will be a 100 in June. Is there a poll for Eugenie: BOY OR GIRL?

I dont think the queen will host her usual Christmas in the face of covid. Not a great example for her people who are in various states of lock down. Extended family with multiple households isnt encouraged. Perhaps she will do as the summer, and see them in small groups over the season.

I could see the Yorks spending Christmas as a family at royal lodge this year. The Cambridges may take the chance to spend Christmas with the Middletons.

Any celebration for Queen and Philip will depend on the virus at the time.

At this rate, other then shopping trips or such when we see her, I dont expect to see much of Eugenie. I hope we will see some baby photos when born.

I wonder if the family members will just stay in their own homes; and have a get together next year. Maybe when the Queen celebrates her 95th; Philip will be a 100 in June. Is there a poll for Eugenie: BOY OR GIRL?

2021 is quite an exciting year with these three events. Under normal circumstances (i.e. pandemic lockdowns), I think there might be photographs of the four generation of the Royal Family. However, at this point, I don't even know if there will be "official" photographs of Baby Brooksbank christening. According to Vanity Fair, there were no official photograph of Savannah, Isla, Mia and Lena's christening. Of course, there is a possibility that things could be different for Princess Eugenie, as she is the "blood princess" or even just making the special occasion of the year, where The Queen celebrate her 95th birthday and Philip's 100th birthday.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/09/royal-baby-princess-eugenie-jack-brooksbank-plans

I don't think there is a poll for Eugenie: Boy or Girl, but there is a thread for guessing Baby Brooksbank's Names and Godparents.

The baby is due in early 2021, so Jan. and Feb. I would count on that, maybe? but it would be a very nice surprise if he or she would be the first baby born in 2021 Jan 1st at one minute after midnight, now this is wishful thinking on my part. I also hope they have a little boy Eugenie's parents had two girl, Jack und her need a boy. Also my wishful thinking. But nothing is more important then a healthy little bundle if joy. I wish them the best.

The baby is due in early 2021, so Jan. and Feb. I would count on that, maybe? but it would be a very nice surprise if he or she would be the first baby born in 2021 Jan 1st at one minute after midnight, now this is wishful thinking on my part. I also hope they have a little boy Eugenie's parents had two girl, Jack und her need a boy. Also my wishful thinking. But nothing is more important then a healthy little bundle if joy. I wish them the best.

On the flip side Jacks parents only have sons and they already have a grandson. And the York’s have a step grandson.

End of January is earliest I imagine the baby. If it was due near the new year it would be worded differently.

No one needs to have a boy or a girl. They may have private preferences but all they really "need" is a successful pregnancy and healthy baby. Princess Anne has a troupe of little blonde granddaughters and I doubt she feels like she's lacking anything.

There's no title to pass along to a son even that situation is out.

Do you mean Jack and Eugenie need a boy? I dont know why....

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have five great-granddaughters and three great-grandsons, so with the boy the numbers would "line up" :)

Well the York/Brooksbank family are 2 grandsons to 0 granddaughters. So a granddaughter would help balance the numbers.

It's not about evening out numbers. No one Needs a son or a daughter. They need a healthy baby.

Well the York/Brooksbank family are 2 grandsons to 0 granddaughters. So a granddaughter would help balance the numbers.

It's not about evening out numbers. No one Needs a son or a daughter. They need a healthy baby.

I thought Thomas Brooksbank has only one son.

If the baby would be born with some disability they would love him/her just as much as the healthy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom