The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Archie has been popular in the UK for many years, but of course it is out for Eugenie and Jack, as will be Camilla, Boris and Wilfred (most are known as Wilf.) I used to know a couple of Ottilies in the UK but I do think it's unknown outside Britain.

I wouldn't be surprised if they choose a late Victorian name like Ivy or Ida though, as these names are very in at the moment.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've heard of the name Ottilie and I quite like it, but it's not popular or used much at all where I live. I first came across it online. I agree that it's unlikely Eugenie and Jack will use Ottilie.

I think they'll either go for the classic route or an unconventional route (for the royals anyway) like the Tindalls and Phillips did.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2021, 07:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I've only ever come across Ottilie in books, and only a few times. It'd certainly be different, but I can't see them picking that.

Nobody guessed Beatrice or Eugenie! I wish someone'd choose Victoria: it's a shame that the name's died out in the British Royal Family, except as a middle name.
It means fatherland and is a feminne version of Otto. But I cant' quite see it being used. Mind you its a bit better than Wilfed.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

The telegraph's most popular names were based off of baby announcements printed in their paper. Less 600 babies were announced in 2019. 9 babies were named Ottilie.

If they choose a name from the 'most popular baby names' list I feel pretty comfortable thinking it will be the actual most popular babies name list. And something like Olivia if they want an O name.

I am more and more leaning towards them going with a classic name. One that has come back into popularity in recent years. Don't see anyhting like Ida though.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

Elizabeth Sarah Victoria for a girl and Andrew Philip Stamp for a boy
Old 01-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The telegraph's most popular names were based off of baby announcements printed in their paper. Less 600 babies were announced in 2019. 9 babies were named Ottilie.

If they choose a name from the 'most popular baby names' list I feel pretty comfortable thinking it will be the actual most popular babies name list. And something like Olivia if they want an O name.

I am more and more leaning towards them going with a classic name. One that has come back into popularity in recent years. Don't see anyhting like Ida though.
Would it normally be the upper class that would print baby announcement in The Telegraph? If so, that might be a rather good indication on what they might fancy.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Majesty

Times and Telegraph
Old 01-03-2021, 05:29 PM
Courtier

A lot of older names are back in fashion. It'd be nice if they chose Alice, because I think Prince Philip's mother deserves recognition. Others which are now "in" are Ivy, Edith (now there's a very old royal name!), Hanoverian names such as Amelia, Sophia (too like Sophie?), and Isabella.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Majesty

Thereis a Lady Amelia Windsor.. and Fred Windsor had a daughter a couple of years ago who's called Isabella... so not sure about them...I think they try to find something that isn't in use already.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:32 AM
Nobility

I’d like to see either of these names for a girl - Victoria, Alice, Alexandra, Helena, Eleanor

For a boy- Daniel, Alexander, Nicholas, Philip, Oliver, Nathan

I know some names have no royal provenance, but they’re all fairly traditional names.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Nobility

I must say the waiting for little baby Brooksbank and no news is really feel like eternity.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:15 AM
Serene Highness

We've still got a month or two to go, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
I must say the waiting for little baby Brooksbank and no news is really feel like eternity.