Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't have an opinion on Edo whatsoever. I'll leave it to Beatrice to deem whether he's worthy of her or not. I do have to say though that I find Edo to be much better looking than Dave was. That's something I can have an opinion on. :D

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.
If ever Edo decides to marry, Edo's wife will be Wolfie's stepmother, regardless of who is raising Wolfie.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not to our own facts.
If ever Edo decides to marry, Edo's wife will be Wolfie's stepmother, regardless of who is raising Wolfie.

Correct and that is also nothing new: see Charles and Camilla.

I know what you mean.
When Beatrice was with Dave Clark, he never looked at her but only at the cameras.
I hope Edo isn't another Dave, but I get the impression that he is.

Let's hope we are both mistaken. :sad:

Yes I felt the same about Dave Clark too. Despite the length of their relationship his body language always seemed rather cold towards her as though he was really with her for some other reason. It didn't surprise me at all when he married someone else so soon after they broke up.

I think her relationship with Dave was on the outs for some time before it became public.

LaRae

Yes I felt the same about Dave Clark too. Despite the length of their relationship his body language always seemed rather cold towards her as though he was really with her for some other reason. It didn't surprise me at all when he married someone else so soon after they broke up.

I felt somewhat the same way about Dave Clark - it never really appeared that he was looking 'at' Beatrice in many of the photos, but seemed to be facing the cameras. I hope for Beatrice's sake that Edo isn't like this...although I have a feeling he might be, but more inclined to marry her than Dave is. But then it would be worse if he actually *married* her for the wrong reasons...so let's hope that he's in it for the right reasons if he decides to marry Beatrice.

He will definitely not have as many haters as Meghan (what is particularly visible in DM commentaries); Beatrice is not a daughter of a future King.

He will definitely not have as many haters as Meghan (what is particularly visible in DM commentaries); Beatrice is not a daughter of a future King.

Most people taeke no notice of Beatrice, so don't care whom she marries ...

I felt somewhat the same way about Dave Clark - it never really appeared that he was looking 'at' Beatrice in many of the photos, but seemed to be facing the cameras. I hope for Beatrice's sake that Edo isn't like this...although I have a feeling he might be, but more inclined to marry her than Dave is. But then it would be worse if he actually *married* her for the wrong reasons...so let's hope that he's in it for the right reasons if he decides to marry Beatrice.

I totally agree with you, I think Dave made some nice connections during his relationship with her and that was enough for him without actually marrying her. Edo looks much more 'keen' in that department and I agree that I hope it's for the right reasons but I get a strong feeling it is not. I hope Beatrice herself hasn't hit 30 and got a little panicky with all the recent weddings going on (especially that of her little sister). 30 is still young and she shouldn't rush into anything.

I disagree some people do take note of Beatrice. Before Meghan arrived on the scene the York girls were bait for the bashers. They are still out there whenever there is an article in the paper regarding Beatrice or Eugenie.

I have never been one to tell if someone is "into someone" based on a millisecond look from a photo.

The main thing that worries me about this relationship is the speed. Bea is the last adult cousin who is unmarried and not in a long term relationship. I hope she is not feeling the need to be in a relationship because everyone else is. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter...sometimes you can be in a long term relationship (i.e. Dave) and not go the distance. Some people might meet their "one" after a short term relationship and than go the distance. There are also some inconsistencies about Erdo's last relationship that bother me a bit but you can't believe everything you read i the press.

Here's the part about St. James:

When I ask him where home is now, he looks rather sheepish and says, “I’m in St James’s at the moment” – suggesting that just perhaps he might have moved in to the apartment in St James’s Palace that Beatrice used to share with her sister.

So I guess they are living together. I notice that he says he likes to spend weekends with his son, so it appears his son lives with his mom and visits Edo on the weekend.

It's interesting that he's talking to the media. Has he ever given an interview before?

He also says he puts his son to bed at night, so that implies Woolfy lives with him...also at St. James?

I thought Beatrice was supposed to give up the St. James flat once Eugenie moved out?
At least that was reported at the time, although really, if she ever did she would need a London base somewhere.

(As for Dave Clark, I'd be willing to bet that he is missing the limelight these days; that attention can be addictive).

Last edited:
I don't think the "putting to bed at night" means the child lives with him. I think it means he ensures he does his share of parental tasks, which also chimes with the mother being super busy too. They seem to be co-parenting with domestic support, which allows them both to pursue careers that involve a lot of travelling.

There seems tow be a lot of speculation of an engagement before the end of the year, that seems pretty fast, especially with a small child in the mix and Bea being only 30 (no need to rush to get pregnant NOW!) Younger sisters getting married does sometimes bring up some weird stuff though as well as in the wider family. That's if any of this is true of course.

I don't have an opinion on him personally though. He is better looking than DC IMHO. He got married even quicker in his new relationship I guess.

There seems tow be a lot of speculation of an engagement before the end of the year, that seems pretty fast, especially with a small child in the mix and Bea being only 30 (no need to rush to get pregnant NOW!) Younger sisters getting married does sometimes bring up some weird stuff though as well as in the wider family. That's if any of this is true of course.

I think it's also the case that there's been several royal weddings lately, with Gabriella's coming up fast.
It wouldn't surprise me if Beatrice has become marriage-minded.

I do have doubts about this man though. It does trouble me that there is a toddler involved in his split with his former GF.

I'm assuming a whole load of nothing but the Express is claiming not only does she want to get married this year but is already trying to get pregnant.

I imagine it gets more clicks for adding a "scandalous" detail they cant possibly verify but I can see her wanting to marry quite quickly

I don't buy into that story.

LaRae

I believe that Beatrice and Edo's relationship could be pretty much along the lines of how my relationship with my second husband went.

Fast track to marriage once we started dating. We'd been "dating" for a short amount of time before getting engaged to be married and living together. The clincher was that although the courtship and engagement happened pretty quickly, we'd been best friends (and involved romantically with other people) for 8 years prior to that.

Not every quick engagement and marriage is a flash in the pan idea. It may seem so on paper but the reality is that only the couple themselves know the details of how things are.

They are just past the 6 month mark...sorry no I don't believe they are trying to get pregnant and planning a wedding this year. Engagement this fall (year mark) *might* happen...but marriage, no.

LaRae

:previous: Now that sounds logical to me. How the heck would anyone know that Beatrice was "trying to get pregnant" in the first place. This isn't something that she'd be telling people on the street (which basically the people who write this kind of thing are).

They'll take things in their own time, in their own way and we'll just wait to see what happens. ?

While I don't see another 6 year relationship for Beatrice, I don't see her as the type that gets caught up in everything so fast that she's engaged in six months. And I've not seen any evidence contrary to that right now.

Last edited:
No I think she is done with years of limbo. I'd say if there's not an engagement announcement by next (2020) fall the relationship will end or have ended.

LaRae

No I think she is done with years of limbo. I'd say if there's not an engagement announcement by next (2020) fall the relationship will end or have ended.

LaRae

Not necessarily engagement by then, but they'd know if this is going towards that or it'd be done.

And I don't think it was years of limbo with DC. They were very young. When people are in their 20s, they aren't always thinking about relationships that way.

Almost 10 years..no engagement? Yeah something was off there a while. I consider that to be a limbo where there is no engagement after several years.

LaRae

They are just past the 6 month mark...sorry no I don't believe they are trying to get pregnant and planning a wedding this year. Engagement this fall (year mark) *might* happen...but marriage, no.

LaRae

There is no way in h#ll that Beatrice of York, grand daughter of Queen Elizabeth II, is actively planning to have a child before she marries.

This is not Monaco/Grimaldi....it's London/Windsor.

And I say that as someone who is a big Monaco Grimaldi fan.:cool:

Here's the part about St. James:

... It's interesting that he's talking to the media. Has he ever given an interview before?

Edo has been interviewed before in connection with his career in property development, but not about his personal life. Prior to becoming famous for dating Princess Beatrice, Edo was featured in publications that report on the elite property development, real estate, and home design industries:

https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/small-modern-one-bedroom-victorian-flat
"Before completely reconfiguring and reimagining his current flat, a single room in a large, late-Victorian house in west London, [Edo] lived in a converted nightclub that was three and a half times bigger. 'I thought I would be very happy living there, having spent two years building it,' he explains. 'But there were lots of spaces and echoes. I preferred a cosier and more welcoming space.' He decided to sell it [and] look for a new home...

Unlike his last home, Edo wanted a space where every inch was used and he could see every corner. He fancied an open-plan environment and somewhere that, when he came home, would be calm, neutral and a place in which to switch off. The space he found ticked all those boxes, with a huge three-and-a-half-metre-high window and a mezzanine bedroom...

'In planning a development, you do not design by the square metre, but have the end user in mind,' Edo explains. 'Storage is of enormous importance - every mirror can contain a cupboard, every surface a drawer - ... So with himself as the client, he applied the same criteria."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/...-in-london-secret-agents-know-their-turf.html

https://dealmakerz.co.uk/top-5-most-exciting-young-developers-in-london-right-now/

https://www.cityam.com/235426/we-pr...-that-are-shaking-up-the-uk-property-industry

Back Catalogue - A FRESH START Old Brompton Road, SW5 - Luxury property for sale in Notting Hill W11, Bayswater W2 & West London | Domus Nova

https://www.black-brick.com/when-th...the-same-real-estate-agents-as-the-rest-of-us

There is no way in h#ll that Beatrice of York, grand daughter of Queen Elizabeth II, is actively planning to have a child before she marries.

I don't think she is actually planning to have a child before she marries.

But it is always possible that she and Edo have had serious conversations about their future, and that involves engagement, marriage and future kids. Especially as Edo already has a kid, so I wouldn't really be surprised if they have talked about kids. Both when it comes to Wolfie, and potential future kids together. As their relationship seems to be serious. I am not saying she is trying to get pregnant already, or before she marries. But it's not unlikely that the couple have talked about getting children in future. If this makes sense.

I highly doubt she's actively trying to get pregnant as the Express claims, that seems to be more for extra scandal to stand out from the dozens of of other Bea wants to marry ASAP articles. But it wouldn't surprise me if she did ant to get engaged fairly quickly and maybe married next year.

Beatrice has never struck me as the sort of person who is itching to have a family and settle down. I think all this talk of her trying to get pregnant is merely a rumour started by the tabloids, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom