Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tabloid beast needs to lay off pdq. But what else is new?

At this point, I don't even know what's being talked about because I refuse to click on these type of DF stories, nor do I bother reading the other rags spewing gossip just because of who Beatrice is. I really wonder whether if she didn't have 'Princess' in front of her name, that perhaps the worst excesses of the tabloid media wouldn't be visited upon her as heavily.

What's happening now to Beatrice and Edo is the perfect reason why Harry protected his relationship with Meghan in order to keep it as private as possible for as long as he could manage. Although, it was only about four months of complete privacy before the digging, gossip, and harassing from the media began.

I think the media would go after her whether or not she had "Princess". A lot of the flack she and Eugenie have had over the years was caused by their parents scandals. Some of the recent articles seem to be going on a "like mother like daughter" take, yuck. And now there's increased interest in her love life because her younger sister just got married etc.

And it's a "juicy", "controversial" story now. If he was just some young aristo or part of the set with no child and ex in the picture getting her story out there wouldn't be the same interest.

I think there must be some sort of relationship there otherwise Fergie at least would have taken to twitter by now saying they're just friends. But who knows what the situation between them is. There could well be three different points of view among the adults.

I am enjoying the difference in relationships. When Bea and exfellow broke up their "relationship" after 10 years, she did not give interviews or take to social media to moan to world of her cruel partner and her parents and friends didn't say how she is crying her eyes out. So she didn't conceive a child, maybe her birth control was better or she didn't want to use that as an ace card for continuing relationship. Dara seems to enjoy this type of spotlight and the complete victim role. I certainly can understand if in fact Edo came home one day and said "out of my home, love nest closed" with no idea on her part that the she was no longer wanted in his life. Yea, he would really be scum. But relationships are usually not broken up one sided like that. I truly believe this was probably in cooling off stage and now the rot has set in on her part. I can understand even if she didn't want the breakup but to have in rubbed into her face by media and him immediately dating an old friend that is also world known is an awful slap in the face. She might be terribly hurt or not and just venting the public interest. If he starting dating Little Susie Jones working at the local bank all this would never have even made the social media. I believe Fergie and Andrew knew this entire story before it broke and they seem to have been ok with Edo and his past love life and child. They have known him since he was a child. If in fact they were horrified , both would have made their positions extremely clear by now. So, I am just sitting back and enjoying all the "made-up" stories until true information is released by {1} Bea {2} Edo {3} Fergie. Tabloids making money once again on Royal love live and family moaning....almost like they needed a new avenue of destruction since Meghan seems to be still in love and married to her Harry and they haven't caused a divorce yet. JMO

Of course the situation is a little different, Bea and Dave were together much longer than Edo and Dara, but the latter do have a child together. And it's a little more complicated that Bea and Edo have known each other for so long, Dara might be wondering how long he's been harboring feelings for his pal Beatrice.

But how long have they (Beatrice and Edo) known one another?

I realize they met when they were children, but one article I read mentions that they reconnected right before Eugenie's wedding.

So, it may be one of those cases where people meet when young, but then don't see each other for many years.

But how long have they (Beatrice and Edo) known one another?

I realize they met when they were children, but one article I read mentions that they reconnected right before Eugenie's wedding.

So, it may be one of those cases where people meet when young, but then don't see each other for many years.

They move in the same social circles so I don't think it's a case of not seeing one another for years then all the sudden bumping into one another.

LaRae

Yeah, I don't buy that Beatrice and Edo hadn't seen each other since they were children. For several reasons: 1. Beatrice attended his stepfather's funeral in 2011. 2. Beatrice attended the charity fundraiser that Edo and his family organized in 2012. 3. Edo and the Yorks are both close friends with Charlie Gilkes 4. Edo was close enough to the Yorks to score an invite to Eugenie's wedding, and probably their more exclusive after party too, as that's where it sounds like he and Beatrice were acting chummy.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the connections, Miss Whirley. I'm going to hazard a guess that they've known each for a while, moved in the same circles as friends and its possible that they're still seeing each other and hanging out as friends. Going around to places together as friends is a more relaxed atmosphere for both parties and its so much easier to be oneself. Its also possible that they've found that taking a friendship to a different level is something they both want.

In my opinion, having a friendship before a romantic involvement is a good thing to build on. Its kind of like wearing in a new pair of shoes. With a friendship first, the shoes get to a more comfortable level and the "fit" is better.

I am enjoying the difference in relationships. When Bea and exfellow broke up their "relationship" after 10 years, she did not give interviews or take to social media to moan to world of her cruel partner and her parents and friends didn't say how she is crying her eyes out. So she didn't conceive a child, maybe her birth control was better or she didn't want to use that as an ace card for continuing relationship. Dara seems to enjoy this type of spotlight and the complete victim role. I certainly can understand if in fact Edo came home one day and said "out of my home, love nest closed" with no idea on her part that the she was no longer wanted in his life. Yea, he would really be scum. But relationships are usually not broken up one sided like that. I truly believe this was probably in cooling off stage and now the rot has set in on her part. I can understand even if she didn't want the breakup but to have in rubbed into her face by media and him immediately dating an old friend that is also world known is an awful slap in the face. She might be terribly hurt or not and just venting the public interest. If he starting dating Little Susie Jones working at the local bank all this would never have even made the social media. I believe Fergie and Andrew knew this entire story before it broke and they seem to have been ok with Edo and his past love life and child. They have known him since he was a child. If in fact they were horrified , both would have made their positions extremely clear by now. So, I am just sitting back and enjoying all the "made-up" stories until true information is released by {1} Bea {2} Edo {3} Fergie. Tabloids making money once again on Royal love live and family moaning....almost like they needed a new avenue of destruction since Meghan seems to be still in love and married to her Harry and they haven't caused a divorce yet. JMO

I think Dara may be acting distant and icing her out of course only natural, her ego is hurt, understandable, she would acted this way towards any other GF of her EX I think, but I dont think she needs to put bea down either via those supposed sourced articles if she indeed was involved with them or liking those very rude comments about Bea, although she did eventually like my comment defending Bea, shrugs. Dara could have felt cheated on when in reality they didnt do anything. Or edo could have told bea something entirely different about the relationship between dara and him, or lastly which i doubt; Bea could have been in relationship with him as the other woman we will never know. but i have no doubt that Dara will warm up to Bea eventually, it will just take time if all true, I mean eventually Dara will have put her ego aside for the sake of their son IF indeed edo and Bea are together and are even serious, and make it to a spring/summer event. I just hope Dara doesnt do an interview out of bitterness. I still say bea should just slide her some ascot tickets :p since dara likes the royal family or eventually they should work on a charity project together. For all I know they could get along and its the press being the press*shrugs

Last edited:

‘Why would they want to break up this family?’: Father of fiancée ditched by Princess Beatrice’s new lover claims the royal may have been instrumental in their split

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6473021/Why-want-break-family.html

Ahhh, Dara why do you continue to speak with the press? it wont help matters dear. Of course you know give the press a few quotes and they can make various artIcles on it.

I look at it like this I actually believe what Dara is saying. The are three side's to this, and we only know Dara's. We will never know Bea's and Edo's side. Bea’s human like all of us and sometimes she’s going to make mistakes, as I always say the heart wants for reasons that reason does not understand. I think both woman are very beautiful and passionate ladies and seem mature and if Dara’s is trying to see passed this for her son’s sake I dont think the press whatever outlet should act like an angry mob against Bea, it something that happened, and there's nothing anyone can do or say to change things and it doesnt seem like they are going to break up anytime soon, Dara just. has get used to this change, she seems to be doing fine dispite her hurt. I do wish her the best and many more successes judging by her instagram

Still no signs at all that they are actually dating......

LaRae

LaRae
Trust me this is real, not some rumors. Dont be surprised if you see them at a spring event together if they make it that far :p

I'll believe it when I see it.

LaRae

Unofficially maybe, but not legally because foreign titles aren't legally useable in the UK. I don't believe his title is even official/legal in Italy any more either. I assume she'd follow Eugenie's lead and officially keep the Of York.

That's correct. He does not truly have a title, as noble Italian titles were abolished with the Italian constitution of 1948, even if most families continued to use their terminated titles, unofficially. If Edo Mapelli Mozzi himself uses a title, we may assume the British royal family will acknowledge it as they acknowledge other abolished titles, but there appears to be no confirmation yet that Edo even uses a title.

I agree. Provided that Princess Eugenie is still using Of York, and not her husband's name, when her sister marries (and she was called "HRH Princess Eugenie of York" in the Royal Air Force Club's announcement last week, posted in Eugenie's thread in this forum), I do not see why it should be any different for Princess Beatrice.

The media still hasn't dug up this mysterious, alleged ex-wife, I'm starting to think he was never married.

I suspect there isn't an ex wife but initial reports were confused because he has a son.

The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.

Whether the claim that Edo is divorced is true or not, his being the father of a son was not the foundation for the claim. The initial report that mentioned Edo's alleged divorce stated that his son was from a "previous relationship", instead of using the phrase "previous marriage", and thus they appear to have known from the beginning that he was not married to the mother of his son.

My guess is his son shares his room when he visits...can't be that uncommon.

According to a Daily Mail report which was published after this post was made, Edo's son has continued to live with his father after the separation of his parents.

‘Why would they want to break up this family?’: Father of fiancée ditched by Princess Beatrice’s new lover claims the royal may have been instrumental in their split

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6473021/Why-want-break-family.html
So in 2017 Dara's father was asking both Edo and Dara when they were going to get married and "they" responded that they didn't want to rush things. It looks to me like despite having a child, they were unsure about themselves as a long-term couple. Dara's father, who was an actual rocket scientist, in this case and somewhat understandably, seems to be coming from a place of emotion.

There were a couple of interesting tidbits in the DM article. According to the article the engagement was of 1 yr.s duration rather than the 3 1/2 yr.s originally reported.
Also that Sarah gave them an outfit w/ angel wings for the baby?
Some relationships end suddenly. Some couples part amicably having mutually agreed to end it. In many couples, however, one party wants to end it and the other does not which can lead to misunderstandings. I’ve often seen the party being left have false hope that the leaver will change their mind or misinterpreting kindness by the party ending it as showing that the relationship isn’t really over yet.
Whether Beatrice and Edo are a couple or not, it’s pretty clear that Dara and Edo as a couple are over.

LaRae

Exactly. There’s no evidence that they’re dating. We need to see some sort of appearance to fully confirm.

Trust me this is real, not some rumors. Dont be surprised if you see them at a spring event together if they make it that far :p

Edo's reputation, not to mention that of Beatrice, is in its second week of taking a rather nasty thrashing in the press and on social media. If the two were not involved romantically but were only friends, either the Duke or Duchess of York would have taken action onine or with some time of statement by now.

And Dara's father would not be chipping in with his plaintive lament about "breaking up a family".:whistling:

I have no doubt that Beatrice and Edo are now a couple, but I have serious doubts regarding the long term viability of the relationship given all the early messiness of it.:sad:

Last edited:
Yes, but there's power in true love. Love conquers all. ?

Yes, but there's power in true love. Love conquers all. ?

But it's sure as hell harder when you are getting internationally trashed for being a homewrecker rightly or wrongly.

I think they are or were a couple I know the Royal Family doesn't release statements on private lives often but I don't think Sarah would keep quiet if there was no truth at all.

His ex is obviously hurt but we have no idea how accurate her side of the story is or how it differs from what Beatrice or even Edo believes and we aren't likely to get anything on that unless someone in Edo's family gives an interview.

In a way Beatrice is quite lucky the media is more interested in the Cambridge vs Sussex "feud" right now. It's not pleasant for her to have to deal with this in an apparently fairly new relationship but it could have been even worse publicity wise.

Beatrice is not to blame for anything. She just fell in love with a man who was leaving a relationship and happened to have a small child. He could have done things differently. All stories have two sides and this is going to give a lot to talk about in the press.
I think it's wrong to blame Beatrice for something she's not to blame, she did not force Edo to walk with her.

People also have to remember that Beatrice is fishing in a pond of men who are likely to carry some ´´baggage´´ if you will. Be it a previous marriage, or children. A man in his thirties (or fourties for that matter) is going to have history.

Beatrice is not to blame for anything. She just fell in love with a man who was leaving a relationship and happened to have a small child. He could have done things differently. All stories have two sides and this is going to give a lot to talk about in the press.
I think it's wrong to blame Beatrice for something she's not to blame, she did not force Edo to walk with her.

At this point we don't know for sure any timelines of events all with have are the ex's relatives/her side. Or even that they are dating at all.

If there was "overlap" well no one can force anyone who doesn't want to to walk out of a relationship. However I would personally be very weary of starting something up with someone in those circumstances for a number of reasons, especially when a small child is involved. That said we are only hearing from one side. Though if they are serious I expect some articles from made up or real "sources" from Bea sooner or later.

But it's sure as hell harder when you are getting internationally trashed for being a homewrecker rightly or wrongly.

I think they are or were a couple I know the Royal Family doesn't release statements on private lives often but I don't think Sarah would keep quiet if there was no truth at all.

His ex is obviously hurt but we have no idea how accurate her side of the story is or how it differs from what Beatrice or even Edo believes and we aren't likely to get anything on that unless someone in Edo's family gives an interview.

In a way Beatrice is quite lucky the media is more interested in the Cambridge vs Sussex "feud" right now. It's not pleasant for her to have to deal with this in an apparently fairly new relationship but it could have been even worse publicity wise.
Maybe Edo family are not indiscreet Americans like Dara’s and the Markle s are. Considering the head of state not shocked here

We have to remember too that this really isn't being internationally trashed where everyone and their grandmother's pet raccoon read the publications doing the trashing. The headlines on printed publications remain in the grocery store checkout line that most often get dismissed and the stories read online are read by those that feed on this kind of garbage.

A very small minority of the general global population read this kind of thing and pay attention to it. Its not worth the time and the effort by Beatrice or any of her family to give lip service to these stories.

Come to think of it, raccoons love to dig in the garbage. Lets blame it all on Grandma's pet raccoon. :D

I don't think nationality has anything to do with discretion. There are many discreet American friends/family/exes of the royals and many of British or other European nationalities that haven't been including the Duchess of York.

But clearly no one is (yet) putting his or Beatrice's side across either so we'll see what happens. Obviously they're in a different position to the hurt ex in this case who at least clearly believes herself to have been wronged.

We have to remember too that this really isn't being internationally trashed where everyone and their grandmother's pet raccoon read the publications doing the trashing. The headlines on printed publications remain in the grocery store checkout line that most often get dismissed and the stories read online are read by those that feed on this kind of garbage.

Of course. As is the case with a lot of the royal gossip and speculation we discuss. Just commenting that "love conquers all" gets a little simplistic.

People also have to remember that Beatrice is fishing in a pond of men who are likely to carry some ´´baggage´´ if you will. Be it a previous marriage, or children. A man in his thirties (or fourties for that matter) is going to have history.

This is a very good point, and one that, due to Beatrice and her future partner's ages, won't be easily avoided.
I hope that Beatrice finds herself "the right" partner, whether it be Edoardo or someone else.

Either way Dara does get paid for these tell all articles, but it doesn’t mean there isn’t some truth to it maybe a very exaggerated truth to sell headline. Let’s be real, I don’t think a headline that says; ‘A Princess is dating my EX…’ Will sell as much compared to; ‘A princess stole my man.’

The truth of the matter is that we do not know what is going on. We do not know if there's even a relationship between Beatrice and Eduardo. What we know is what the tabloids are putting in our faces (and coming here from the tabloids) and it seems like the supposedly ex girlfriend is even getting in on the act.

There are three sides to this story and then there's the truth and the only one talking is Dara with a cackling tabloid writer egging her on. The cold hard fact is that Eduardo seems to have moved on. Of his own free will. No one held a gun to his head when he decided to pursue a friendship/relationship with someone else.

Are we really of a mind to take in and believe what the tabloids tell us? :eek:

Last edited:
I was prone to believe that they were not a couple but than I remember that when something affects puts Beatrice and/or Eugenie in a negative light (i.e. a story about them that is untrue) she is quick to set the record straight. And she has said nothing, correct?

So yeah, I am thinking that it is possible that they are a couple. I hope for Beatrice sake that if its true, he ended his previous relationship in a respectful manner because he and hte old girlfriend weren't working out and not because of Beatrice.

I was prone to believe that they were not a couple but than I remember that when something affects puts Beatrice and/or Eugenie in a negative light (i.e. a story about them that is untrue) she is quick to set the record straight. And she has said nothing, correct?

So yeah, I am thinking that it is possible that they are a couple. I hope for Beatrice sake that if its true, he ended his previous relationship in a respectful manner because he and hte old girlfriend weren't working out and not because of Beatrice.

At the same time, there’s been no hard evidence of a relationship between Beatrice and this man. I think we really need to see some sort of picture or something to officially confirm though.

At the same time, there’s been no hard evidence of a relationship between Beatrice and this man. I think we really need to see some sort of picture or something to officially confirm though.

If I were Beatrice and actually involved with Edo, I would work very hard at avoiding photographers when together unless or until the relationship was ready to be official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom