Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, if Princess Beatrice married Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, would she be the first Princess of the United Kingdom, England, or Scotland to marry a divorcé and/or the first to marry a man with children?

I think so...neither of Margaret's husbands were previously married that I know....Anne's husband(s) weren't married before that I can tell.

So...unless there's another one (modern age at least) I'm not thinking of she would be the first.

LaRae

I'm having flashbacks to a thread where each and every woman that looked sideways at Harry was halfway down the aisle with Harry to the altar.

So..... to perhaps give Beatrice a bit of good luck in finding Mr. Right I'm going to say the same thing for Beatrice that I did for Harry.

Beatrice needs to get a dog. :D

She does. Two I think (Eugenie owns at least two in the photo)

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-beatrice-sister-nickname-eugenie-royal-news/

Only one I know of is Jack the dog, Eugenies. Beatruce had a dog Max who got attacked by a corgis. But she had him since she was 13 so not sure he is one.

Just out of curiosity, if Princess Beatrice married Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, would she be the first Princess of the United Kingdom, England, or Scotland to marry a divorcé and/or the first to marry a man with children?

Besides the sisters the only born Royal Princess in recent decades have been Anne and Margaret. Margaret was not allowed to marry Peter in part because he was divorced. Have to remember even when Anne remarried, marrying a divorcee in the church upas not done in England. She had to marry him in Scotland where the laws were changed. The BRF has church ceremonies.

Last edited:
Charlotte, Princess Royal (1766-1828) married King Frederick I of Wurtemberg who had three children from an earlier marriage.

I think so...neither of Margaret's husbands were previously married that I know....Anne's husband(s) weren't married before that I can tell.

So...unless there's another one (modern age at least) I'm not thinking of she would be the first.

LaRae

AFAIK, Margaret was only married once--to Antony Armstrong-Jones.

I don't see how a divorce, if indeed Edoardo was ever married to his child's mother, would be an obstacle to Beatrice marrying him, if she wishes.

Ah I was thinking she married the second one, the younger guy...I forget!

LaRae

Ah I was thinking she married the second one, the younger guy...I forget!

LaRae

Roddy Llewellyn? I think when Margaret was involved with him, beginning in 1973 for eight years, divorced persons remarrying in the church was still a big issue.

LaRae

Camilla? She has two kids from her Parker-Bowles marriage.
Princess Louise von Battenberg, later Lady Louise Mountbatten? She married the widowed king of Sweden who had children from his first marriage. Okay, Lady Louise was not a British princess, but still..

Last edited:
More information about Princess Beatrice's supposed boyfriend:

Peerage News: Count Edouard Mapelli Mozzi: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend

P.S. Edouard's bond with Wolfie's mother was a relationship, not marriage.

Pretty detailed. Now we know he's 35 and not 34 like the articles have been claiming. Though peeragenews is still missing some info, for example that Fergie used to work for his deceased stepfather before she married Andrew, and that Fergie is godmother to Edouardo's younger half-brother Alby. Also his mother got remarried to David Williams-Ellis in 2017.

^ Gosh the York's seem pretty well 'linked' in with that family already..

IF it is true, I hope they have fun together whilst deciding if they are in it 'for the long haul'

I am jumping waaay ahead of myself here but if Beatrice marries him(knock on wood;)) would she become HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi or just Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi?

I am jumping waaay ahead of myself here but if Beatrice marries him(knock on wood;)) would she become HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi or just Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi?

She would lose 'of York' when married. Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi

Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.

BTW, where is his title from anyway ? If it is of Italian origin, then the title isn't legally recognized in the Italian Republic either.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Princess Beatrice's boyfriend might be Catholic (not a problem anymore under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, but still an interesting situation for someone still relatively high up in the line of succession). Autumn Phillips converted to Anglicanism, but I doubt Edouardo would do that to marry Beatrice (assuming he is Catholic, which I don't know).

Last edited:
Camilla? She has two kids from her Parker-Bowles marriage.
Princess Louise von Battenberg, later Lady Louise Mountbatten? She married the widowed king of Sweden who had children from his first marriage. Okay, Lady Louise was not a British princess, but still..

She's not a princess in the BRF prior to her marriage.

LaRae

Edouardo Mapelli Mozzi looks to be an interesting and a very attractive young man. The New York Times did a profile on his role in the exclusive real estate market in London, in March 2015:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/...-in-london-secret-agents-know-their-turf.html

According to Yahoo Style, Count Edouardo Mapelli Mozzi and Beatrice have been dating for about 2 months, "but things are becoming very serious, very quickly." I'm not sure how sources actually know that or whether it's purely over-reaching speculation.
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/princess-beatrices-new-boyfriend-edoardo-mapelli-mozzi-163622849.html

He's certainly very attractive. Apparently his father is a former Alpine skiier and an Olympian who particpated in the 1972 Games representing Great Britain. Due to the Italian-sounding names, the family's heritage must partly originate in Italy. Edouardo's mother is the former Nicola D. Burrows, per the peerage bio linked above by @Biri.

https://primalinformation.com/edo-mapelli-mozzi-wiki/

It never fails to impress me how huge Beatrice's eyes are. It's uncanny her resemblance to her namesake, Princess Beatrice, the youngest daughter of Queen Victoria.

More information about Princess Beatrice's supposed boyfriend:

Peerage News: Count Edouard Mapelli Mozzi: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend

P.S. Edouard's bond with Wolfie's mother was a relationship, not marriage.

It seems likely that "It was reported" is a reference the tabloid reports, which described Edoardo's son as "from a previous relationship". That does seem to indicate that his former wife is not the mother of his child, but perhaps the tabloids were unable to discover at the time of publication whether the mother was the ex-wife or another woman.

Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.

BTW, where is his title from anyway ? If it is of Italian origin, then the title isn't legally recognized in the Italian Republic either.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Princess Beatrice's boyfriend might be Catholic (not a problem anymore under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, but still an interesting situation for someone still relatively high up in the line of succession). Autumn Phillips converted to Anglicanism, but I doubt Edouardo would do that to marry Beatrice (assuming he is Catholic, which I don't know).

Thanks for the information Mbruno.

Since Edoardo is of Italian aristocratic origin, I am about 99% sure he was at least baptized Roman Catholic. If he marries Beatrice I too would be surprised if he converted to Anglicanism.

But I would not be surprised if he followed Maxima Zorriegueta's example and agreed to marry in his spouse's faith and to raise any children in that religion.

In any case it would be quite a dazzling match.;) "Edo" is as handsome as a model, imo.

She would lose 'of York' when married.

But her married sister Eugenie has, at least for the time being, kept "of York". See http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...title-in-his-future-44267-14.html#post2158546 and https://www.hauserwirth.com/contact/11332?title=Eugenie York&jp=Director

Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi

In practice, there seem to be many residents of the United Kingdom who use foreign titles despite the absence of legal recognition (for example, the members of the former royal families of Greece and Hanover).

Since Edoardo is of Italian aristocratic origin, I am about 99% sure he was at least baptized Roman Catholic.

I have not closely read the reports, but both of his parents and his stepparent seem to have been British.

I actually think he would have no problem converting, assuming he's even Catholic. He seems estranged from his biological father. While his mother and former stepfather (who he considers his real father) use Anglican churches. For example when Beatrice attended the funeral of his stepfather it was at St Mary's Church of Adderbury.

Last edited:
It seems likely that "It was reported" is a reference the tabloid reports, which described Edoardo's son as "from a previous relationship". That does seem to indicate that his former wife is not the mother of his child, but perhaps the tabloids were unable to discover at the time of publication whether the mother was the ex-wife or another woman.

The link hereinabove doesn't mention Edoardo was ever married.

there seem to be many residents of the United Kingdom who use foreign titles

Indeed so, in London I know two Russians, three Germans and an Italian who do so.
There is no bar [legal or social] to it here..

Indeed so, in London I know two Russians, three Germans and an Italian who do so.
There is no bar [legal or social] to it here..

But would the Court Circular refer to Princess Beatrice by a foreign title ? I don't think so.

Unlike the practice in other countries, foreign princesses who married into the British royal family have always discontinued the use of their foreign titles, haven't they ?

Last edited:

Well, after William married he continued using "Wales" in the RAF even though he was no longer 'of Wales'. What they do in practice isn't always what is official. Like earlier this year when they called Mike's mother Mrs. Linda Tindall instead of Mrs. Philip Tindall, like they should of.

Well, after William married he continued using "Wales" in the RAF even though he was no longer 'of Wales'. What they do in practice isn't always what is official. Like earlier this year when they called Mike's mother Mrs. Linda Tindall instead of Mrs. Philip Tindall, like they should of.

Agreed, but the only "official" source thus far available (the press release after the wedding) used "of York".

However, I suspect that the use of "Mrs. Linda Tindall" was deliberate as it has been used before.

The link hereinabove doesn't mention Edoardo was ever married.

No, but the tabloid reports referred to him as divorced.

Since Edo does not seem to use Count in the few articles we’ve seen which reference him, I would guess Beatrice will likewise not add it to her name - should things reach that stage.
He looks a lot like Dave to me.

Since Edo does not seem to use Count in the few articles we’ve seen which reference him, I would guess Beatrice will likewise not add it to her name - should things reach that stage.
He looks a lot like Dave to me.

I think she has a type. Edo, Dave, and Paolo all have boyish looks. And all are on the shorter side.

:previous: Yes, I think there is somewhat of a resemblance between Dave and Edouardo. I don't know who Paolo is -- what was his last name?

What are Dave's and Edouardo's heights?

Both Dave and Edo have a boyish, fresh-faced look, as Prince Harry used to until he grew a beard. ? But I don't think Dave and Edo look that much alike when you examine their photos. Their noses are quite different and Edo's eyes are differently shaped and seem larger.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/12017051922636/princess-beatrice-ex-dave-clark-engaged
https://primalinformation.com/edo-mapelli-mozzi-wiki/

Last edited:
Its early days yet but I'm happy to hear that Beatrice has found someone she enjoys being with. Reading through the preceding posts, it seems that its also possible that this couple may have known each other for a while too and have kicked up their relationship to another level.

One thing does stand out for me with Edoardo. To me, it doesn't matter one bit who the mother is of his son. What stands out for me is that regardless, this boy is his son and Edo is committed to be his father. We live in a world where there are a lot of "baby daddies" that get on with their lives and send support checks but rarely take an interest in their child's life.

We'll just have to keep watching and see what happens with this relationship. ?

:previous: It will be nice to eventually see photos of them together. I hope they both find lasting happiness with each other. Edo is definitely a very nice looking man. And he seems to have an air of calm authority. He started his company at the age of 24. Best wishes to them both. ?

Another royal wedding in a year or two would be lovely. But right, time will tell. There's no need for them to rush to the altar, or for observers and tabloids to be overly anticipating the pace of their relationship.

Still not sure it's true though....I'm waiting to see a pic of them together.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom