Old 12-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'll believe it when I see it.

LaRae

Old 12-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Unofficially maybe, but not legally because foreign titles aren't legally useable in the UK. I don't believe his title is even official/legal in Italy any more either. I assume she'd follow Eugenie's lead and officially keep the Of York.
That's correct. He does not truly have a title, as noble Italian titles were abolished with the Italian constitution of 1948, even if most families continued to use their terminated titles, unofficially. If Edo Mapelli Mozzi himself uses a title, we may assume the British royal family will acknowledge it as they acknowledge other abolished titles, but there appears to be no confirmation yet that Edo even uses a title.

I agree. Provided that Princess Eugenie is still using Of York, and not her husband's name, when her sister marries (and she was called "HRH Princess Eugenie of York" in the Royal Air Force Club's announcement last week, posted in Eugenie's thread in this forum), I do not see why it should be any different for Princess Beatrice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The media still hasn't dug up this mysterious, alleged ex-wife, I'm starting to think he was never married.
Quote:
I suspect there isn't an ex wife but initial reports were confused because he has a son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.
Whether the claim that Edo is divorced is true or not, his being the father of a son was not the foundation for the claim. The initial report that mentioned Edo's alleged divorce stated that his son was from a "previous relationship", instead of using the phrase "previous marriage", and thus they appear to have known from the beginning that he was not married to the mother of his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is his son shares his room when he visits...can't be that uncommon.
According to a Daily Mail report which was published after this post was made, Edo's son has continued to live with his father after the separation of his parents.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post

‘Why would they want to break up this family?’: Father of fiancée ditched by Princess Beatrice’s new lover claims the royal may have been instrumental in their split

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ak-family.html
So in 2017 Dara's father was asking both Edo and Dara when they were going to get married and "they" responded that they didn't want to rush things. It looks to me like despite having a child, they were unsure about themselves as a long-term couple. Dara's father, who was an actual rocket scientist, in this case and somewhat understandably, seems to be coming from a place of emotion.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

There were a couple of interesting tidbits in the DM article. According to the article the engagement was of 1 yr.s duration rather than the 3 1/2 yr.s originally reported.
Also that Sarah gave them an outfit w/ angel wings for the baby?
Some relationships end suddenly. Some couples part amicably having mutually agreed to end it. In many couples, however, one party wants to end it and the other does not which can lead to misunderstandings. I’ve often seen the party being left have false hope that the leaver will change their mind or misinterpreting kindness by the party ending it as showing that the relationship isn’t really over yet.
Whether Beatrice and Edo are a couple or not, it’s pretty clear that Dara and Edo as a couple are over.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Still no signs at all that they are actually dating......

LaRae
Exactly. There’s no evidence that they’re dating. We need to see some sort of appearance to fully confirm.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
Trust me this is real, not some rumors. Dont be surprised if you see them at a spring event together if they make it that far :P
Edo's reputation, not to mention that of Beatrice, is in its second week of taking a rather nasty thrashing in the press and on social media. If the two were not involved romantically but were only friends, either the Duke or Duchess of York would have taken action onine or with some time of statement by now.

And Dara's father would not be chipping in with his plaintive lament about "breaking up a family".

I have no doubt that Beatrice and Edo are now a couple, but I have serious doubts regarding the long term viability of the relationship given all the early messiness of it.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, but there's power in true love. Love conquers all.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Yes, but there's power in true love. Love conquers all.
But it's sure as hell harder when you are getting internationally trashed for being a homewrecker rightly or wrongly.

I think they are or were a couple I know the Royal Family doesn't release statements on private lives often but I don't think Sarah would keep quiet if there was no truth at all.

His ex is obviously hurt but we have no idea how accurate her side of the story is or how it differs from what Beatrice or even Edo believes and we aren't likely to get anything on that unless someone in Edo's family gives an interview.

In a way Beatrice is quite lucky the media is more interested in the Cambridge vs Sussex "feud" right now. It's not pleasant for her to have to deal with this in an apparently fairly new relationship but it could have been even worse publicity wise.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice is not to blame for anything. She just fell in love with a man who was leaving a relationship and happened to have a small child. He could have done things differently. All stories have two sides and this is going to give a lot to talk about in the press.
I think it's wrong to blame Beatrice for something she's not to blame, she did not force Edo to walk with her.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

People also have to remember that Beatrice is fishing in a pond of men who are likely to carry some ´´baggage´´ if you will. Be it a previous marriage, or children. A man in his thirties (or fourties for that matter) is going to have history.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Beatrice is not to blame for anything. She just fell in love with a man who was leaving a relationship and happened to have a small child. He could have done things differently. All stories have two sides and this is going to give a lot to talk about in the press.
I think it's wrong to blame Beatrice for something she's not to blame, she did not force Edo to walk with her.
At this point we don't know for sure any timelines of events all with have are the ex's relatives/her side. Or even that they are dating at all.

If there was "overlap" well no one can force anyone who doesn't want to to walk out of a relationship. However I would personally be very weary of starting something up with someone in those circumstances for a number of reasons, especially when a small child is involved. That said we are only hearing from one side. Though if they are serious I expect some articles from made up or real "sources" from Bea sooner or later.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
But it's sure as hell harder when you are getting internationally trashed for being a homewrecker rightly or wrongly.

I think they are or were a couple I know the Royal Family doesn't release statements on private lives often but I don't think Sarah would keep quiet if there was no truth at all.

His ex is obviously hurt but we have no idea how accurate her side of the story is or how it differs from what Beatrice or even Edo believes and we aren't likely to get anything on that unless someone in Edo's family gives an interview.

In a way Beatrice is quite lucky the media is more interested in the Cambridge vs Sussex "feud" right now. It's not pleasant for her to have to deal with this in an apparently fairly new relationship but it could have been even worse publicity wise.
Maybe Edo family are not indiscreet Americans like Dara’s and the Markle s are. Considering the head of state not shocked here
Old 12-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
We have to remember too that this really isn't being internationally trashed where everyone and their grandmother's pet raccoon read the publications doing the trashing. The headlines on printed publications remain in the grocery store checkout line that most often get dismissed and the stories read online are read by those that feed on this kind of garbage.

A very small minority of the general global population read this kind of thing and pay attention to it. Its not worth the time and the effort by Beatrice or any of her family to give lip service to these stories.

Come to think of it, raccoons love to dig in the garbage. Lets blame it all on Grandma's pet raccoon.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Courtier

I don't think nationality has anything to do with discretion. There are many discreet American friends/family/exes of the royals and many of British or other European nationalities that haven't been including the Duchess of York.

But clearly no one is (yet) putting his or Beatrice's side across either so we'll see what happens. Obviously they're in a different position to the hurt ex in this case who at least clearly believes herself to have been wronged.

Quote:
We have to remember too that this really isn't being internationally trashed where everyone and their grandmother's pet raccoon read the publications doing the trashing. The headlines on printed publications remain in the grocery store checkout line that most often get dismissed and the stories read online are read by those that feed on this kind of garbage.
Of course. As is the case with a lot of the royal gossip and speculation we discuss. Just commenting that "love conquers all" gets a little simplistic.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
People also have to remember that Beatrice is fishing in a pond of men who are likely to carry some ´´baggage´´ if you will. Be it a previous marriage, or children. A man in his thirties (or fourties for that matter) is going to have history.
This is a very good point, and one that, due to Beatrice and her future partner's ages, won't be easily avoided.
I hope that Beatrice finds herself "the right" partner, whether it be Edoardo or someone else.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Either way Dara does get paid for these tell all articles, but it doesn’t mean there isn’t some truth to it maybe a very exaggerated truth to sell headline. Let’s be real, I don’t think a headline that says; ‘A Princess is dating my EX…’ Will sell as much compared to; ‘A princess stole my man.’
Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The truth of the matter is that we do not know what is going on. We do not know if there's even a relationship between Beatrice and Eduardo. What we know is what the tabloids are putting in our faces (and coming here from the tabloids) and it seems like the supposedly ex girlfriend is even getting in on the act.

There are three sides to this story and then there's the truth and the only one talking is Dara with a cackling tabloid writer egging her on. The cold hard fact is that Eduardo seems to have moved on. Of his own free will. No one held a gun to his head when he decided to pursue a friendship/relationship with someone else.

Are we really of a mind to take in and believe what the tabloids tell us?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Administrator

I was prone to believe that they were not a couple but than I remember that when something affects puts Beatrice and/or Eugenie in a negative light (i.e. a story about them that is untrue) she is quick to set the record straight. And she has said nothing, correct?

So yeah, I am thinking that it is possible that they are a couple. I hope for Beatrice sake that if its true, he ended his previous relationship in a respectful manner because he and hte old girlfriend weren't working out and not because of Beatrice.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I was prone to believe that they were not a couple but than I remember that when something affects puts Beatrice and/or Eugenie in a negative light (i.e. a story about them that is untrue) she is quick to set the record straight. And she has said nothing, correct?

So yeah, I am thinking that it is possible that they are a couple. I hope for Beatrice sake that if its true, he ended his previous relationship in a respectful manner because he and hte old girlfriend weren't working out and not because of Beatrice.
At the same time, there’s been no hard evidence of a relationship between Beatrice and this man. I think we really need to see some sort of picture or something to officially confirm though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
At the same time, there’s been no hard evidence of a relationship between Beatrice and this man. I think we really need to see some sort of picture or something to officially confirm though.
If I were Beatrice and actually involved with Edo, I would work very hard at avoiding photographers when together unless or until the relationship was ready to be official.

Closed Thread