The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Can you imagine what the media would do to Beatrice if she found herself in the same position as the ex gf - unmarried with a child? Tabloid and mainstream press would have a go because of the impact on the succession. The baby would have to be born in wedlock to be a successor to the throne. There would be no societal pressure for this guy to marry her; it won't ruin him but it may ruin her because of double standards.
Basically, that's a situation not even worth considering at all at this time. Let's just stick to the facts of what we do know and go from there. At this time, we're not even sure if they're a romantically involved couple or not.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetattack View Post
Lots of comments that insult Beatrice on Dara’s Instagram and she liked some of the comment.......

Really? Sounds like Dara is playing the woman scorned to the hilt. I wonder if she is feeding the press the story and she is going to negotiate a TV interview.

And this looks like an attempt at damage control

https://www.thedailybeast.com/prince...started-dating

If true someone realizes Bea's reputation is taking a hit.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:08 PM
Majesty

We don't know how this ended though do we, and many breakups leave some bitterness, so I wouldn't judge this woman on how many Istagram comments she likes.
If Dara was going for maximum publicity surely she would strike while the iron is hot. After all, we've seen with a certain other publicity hungry family how that rolls.

It's to be hoped that Beatrice isn't getting herself into a very messy situation here, such as being told one thing when the reality is another. I don't think the DM has any right to go poking around in this, perhaps inflaming things, but members of the Royal family just have to be aware of the tabloid press doing exactly that. I was very happy for Beatrice when this story first broke but now...I just hope that she moves cautiously with this relationship.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

We don't know the timelines at play here as there have been conflicting stories. But it seems obvious to me that the ex-gf is hurt, whether it's because there was some relationship overlapping or because post-relationship he moved on very quickly - especially if we believe reports that he and Beatrice have quickly become serious.

Ironically the situation reminds me a lot of what happened with Beatrice, Dave and Lynn. With Dara in the role of 2016 Beatrice. Back then we heard how Dave had only been dating Lynn for a few months but he was already serious with her, met her parents and was likely proposing to her in the near future. I'm sure Beatrice has sympathy for Dara because she too was portrayed by the media as the pitiful, cast-aside longterm partner.

Of course the situation is a little different, Bea and Dave were together much longer than Edo and Dara, but the latter do have a child together. And it's a little more complicated that Bea and Edo have known each other for so long, Dara might be wondering how long he's been harboring feelings for his pal Beatrice. I'm sure she's reanalyzing every mention of the Yorks that he made to her. But just like Beatrice has moved on from Dave, Dara will move on from Edo too. Whether Beatrice and Edo end up like Dave and Lynn or if they split next week, either way I think Dara is better off now.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well the Fail did it. It's claiming overlap on the ex gf's watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-child.html

Outside of a royal family feud, nothing gets clicks for a tabloid than an alleged cheating scandal.
Quote:
Really? Sounds like Dara is playing the woman scorned to the hilt. I wonder if she is feeding the press the story and she is going to negotiate a TV interview.

I find it ironic that ex is finally rubbing elbows with royalty and it seems like she might like it. On Harry's wedding day she posted a pic dressed all nice and what not she was excited for the wedding etc. She seems to really like Meghan and was part of a Meghan/Harry fan page.

A thought did occur to me if they are indeed dating that he could have told her something else when in reality things were diffeernt or she herself could have done so knowing everything or him and ex could have just been hooking up without the romance, who knows the reality in that relationship? Well if Bea didnt know the truth of how things were she probably does now.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Oh good heavens.

Engaged for three and a half years? It hardly seems like Edo or Daria were in a rush to get married. Further, there was no announcement of the engagement in the papers, which would have been a possibility given the backgrounds of both Edo and Daria.

This all seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

I think the tabloid beast needs to lay off pdq. But what else is new?

At this point, I don't even know what's being talked about because I refuse to click on these type of DF stories, nor do I bother reading the other rags spewing gossip just because of who Beatrice is. I really wonder whether if she didn't have 'Princess' in front of her name, that perhaps the worst excesses of the tabloid media wouldn't be visited upon her as heavily.

What's happening now to Beatrice and Edo is the perfect reason why Harry protected his relationship with Meghan in order to keep it as private as possible for as long as he could manage. Although, it was only about four months of complete privacy before the digging, gossip, and harassing from the media began.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

His girlfriend has been badly treated if this is all true. No excuse for this behavior
Old 11-25-2018, 10:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think it reflects badly on us as a group that just because Beatrice is royal people start judging and shaming this other girl. Let's be honest this is all just a media game and all those involved are probably pretty innocent and wih it would go away.
The facts are the facts, commenting on the the inconsistencies/contradictions in the reported ‘facts’ is hardly shaming anyone - Beatrice, Daria or Edo, because we simply don’t know the truth at this point.
The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.
The reports now are that they were engaged for 3 1/2 years - perhaps they were and perhaps they were not. Edo’s sister’s engagement was announced in the papers, so it’s odd that his was not. If she has an engagement ring which he gave her, then yes they were engaged. At this point we just don’t know, and we may never know, Daria may have her view of events and Edo may have a different view.
I don’t see having a child while unmarried as ‘shameful’ these days, but it is unfortunate for the child when the relationship doesn’t last. However, with the divorce rate what it is, marriage isn’t a guaranty that a child will have both parents in the home either.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The facts are the facts, commenting on the the inconsistencies/contradictions in the reported ‘facts’ is hardly shaming anyone - Beatrice, Daria or Edo, because we simply don’t know the truth at this point.
The first reports were that Edo was divorced - that turned out to be untrue.
The reports now are that they were engaged for 3 1/2 years - perhaps they were and perhaps they were not. Edo’s sister’s engagement was announced in the papers, so it’s odd that his was not. If she has an engagement ring which he gave her, then yes they were engaged. At this point we just don’t know, and we may never know, Daria may have her view of events and Edo may have a different view.
I don’t see having a child while unmarried as ‘shameful’ these days, but it is unfortunate for the child when the relationship doesn’t last. However, with the divorce rate what it is, marriage isn’t a guaranty that a child will have both parents in the home either.
Ive actually never seen Dara wear an engagement ring when i was going through pics to get tea , but could be she doesnt wear one. or could be they just said they wanted to get engaged, but he never puposed, too many variables

A friend of mine for instance said she was engaged and I was like great show me the ring and she told me she didn't have oneo and they we re just talking about it, nothing was official yet, left it at that months later nothing is yet to be official.

Bea may be innoncent maybe not, if not i really don't agree with how things were done, but you reap whatya sew. with all that said we dont know what really happened I agree. Exactly, Dara, Edo and Bea will have different points of view on what really happened. I'm for one, am relieved that Dara and Edo didnt take decades to linger in a relationship where they didnt want to be in, at least the child wont be in a confusing/ heartbreaking situation in the long run, doesnt make them bad parents, both mother and father seem like active parents thats all that matters.

with all that said If I was Bea id give Dara some ascot tickets to soften the blow/break the ice since Dara seems to really like the royal family. or perhaps do some charity work together since both woman like to do such..
Old 11-26-2018, 02:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I think the tabloid beast needs to lay off pdq. But what else is new?

At this point, I don't even know what's being talked about because I refuse to click on these type of DF stories, nor do I bother reading the other rags spewing gossip just because of who Beatrice is. I really wonder whether if she didn't have 'Princess' in front of her name, that perhaps the worst excesses of the tabloid media wouldn't be visited upon her as heavily.

What's happening now to Beatrice and Edo is the perfect reason why Harry protected his relationship with Meghan in order to keep it as private as possible for as long as he could manage. Although, it was only about four months of complete privacy before the digging, gossip, and harassing from the media began.
I think the media would go after her whether or not she had "Princess". A lot of the flack she and Eugenie have had over the years was caused by their parents scandals. Some of the recent articles seem to be going on a "like mother like daughter" take, yuck. And now there's increased interest in her love life because her younger sister just got married etc.

And it's a "juicy", "controversial" story now. If he was just some young aristo or part of the set with no child and ex in the picture getting her story out there wouldn't be the same interest.

I think there must be some sort of relationship there otherwise Fergie at least would have taken to twitter by now saying they're just friends. But who knows what the situation between them is. There could well be three different points of view among the adults.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

I am enjoying the difference in relationships. When Bea and exfellow broke up their "relationship" after 10 years, she did not give interviews or take to social media to moan to world of her cruel partner and her parents and friends didn't say how she is crying her eyes out. So she didn't conceive a child, maybe her birth control was better or she didn't want to use that as an ace card for continuing relationship. Dara seems to enjoy this type of spotlight and the complete victim role. I certainly can understand if in fact Edo came home one day and said "out of my home, love nest closed" with no idea on her part that the she was no longer wanted in his life. Yea, he would really be scum. But relationships are usually not broken up one sided like that. I truly believe this was probably in cooling off stage and now the rot has set in on her part. I can understand even if she didn't want the breakup but to have in rubbed into her face by media and him immediately dating an old friend that is also world known is an awful slap in the face. She might be terribly hurt or not and just venting the public interest. If he starting dating Little Susie Jones working at the local bank all this would never have even made the social media. I believe Fergie and Andrew knew this entire story before it broke and they seem to have been ok with Edo and his past love life and child. They have known him since he was a child. If in fact they were horrified , both would have made their positions extremely clear by now. So, I am just sitting back and enjoying all the "made-up" stories until true information is released by {1} Bea {2} Edo {3} Fergie. Tabloids making money once again on Royal love live and family moaning....almost like they needed a new avenue of destruction since Meghan seems to be still in love and married to her Harry and they haven't caused a divorce yet. JMO
Old 11-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Of course the situation is a little different, Bea and Dave were together much longer than Edo and Dara, but the latter do have a child together. And it's a little more complicated that Bea and Edo have known each other for so long, Dara might be wondering how long he's been harboring feelings for his pal Beatrice.
But how long have they (Beatrice and Edo) known one another?

I realize they met when they were children, but one article I read mentions that they reconnected right before Eugenie's wedding.

So, it may be one of those cases where people meet when young, but then don't see each other for many years.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But how long have they (Beatrice and Edo) known one another?

I realize they met when they were children, but one article I read mentions that they reconnected right before Eugenie's wedding.

So, it may be one of those cases where people meet when young, but then don't see each other for many years.
They move in the same social circles so I don't think it's a case of not seeing one another for years then all the sudden bumping into one another.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah, I don't buy that Beatrice and Edo hadn't seen each other since they were children. For several reasons: 1. Beatrice attended his stepfather's funeral in 2011. 2. Beatrice attended the charity fundraiser that Edo and his family organized in 2012. 3. Edo and the Yorks are both close friends with Charlie Gilkes 4. Edo was close enough to the Yorks to score an invite to Eugenie's wedding, and probably their more exclusive after party too, as that's where it sounds like he and Beatrice were acting chummy.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks for pointing out the connections, Miss Whirley. I'm going to hazard a guess that they've known each for a while, moved in the same circles as friends and its possible that they're still seeing each other and hanging out as friends. Going around to places together as friends is a more relaxed atmosphere for both parties and its so much easier to be oneself. Its also possible that they've found that taking a friendship to a different level is something they both want.

In my opinion, having a friendship before a romantic involvement is a good thing to build on. Its kind of like wearing in a new pair of shoes. With a friendship first, the shoes get to a more comfortable level and the "fit" is better.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-27-2018, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I am enjoying the difference in relationships. When Bea and exfellow broke up their "relationship" after 10 years, she did not give interviews or take to social media to moan to world of her cruel partner and her parents and friends didn't say how she is crying her eyes out. So she didn't conceive a child, maybe her birth control was better or she didn't want to use that as an ace card for continuing relationship. Dara seems to enjoy this type of spotlight and the complete victim role. I certainly can understand if in fact Edo came home one day and said "out of my home, love nest closed" with no idea on her part that the she was no longer wanted in his life. Yea, he would really be scum. But relationships are usually not broken up one sided like that. I truly believe this was probably in cooling off stage and now the rot has set in on her part. I can understand even if she didn't want the breakup but to have in rubbed into her face by media and him immediately dating an old friend that is also world known is an awful slap in the face. She might be terribly hurt or not and just venting the public interest. If he starting dating Little Susie Jones working at the local bank all this would never have even made the social media. I believe Fergie and Andrew knew this entire story before it broke and they seem to have been ok with Edo and his past love life and child. They have known him since he was a child. If in fact they were horrified , both would have made their positions extremely clear by now. So, I am just sitting back and enjoying all the "made-up" stories until true information is released by {1} Bea {2} Edo {3} Fergie. Tabloids making money once again on Royal love live and family moaning....almost like they needed a new avenue of destruction since Meghan seems to be still in love and married to her Harry and they haven't caused a divorce yet. JMO
I think Dara may be acting distant and icing her out of course only natural, her ego is hurt, understandable, she would acted this way towards any other GF of her EX I think, but I dont think she needs to put bea down either via those supposed sourced articles if she indeed was involved with them or liking those very rude comments about Bea, although she did eventually like my comment defending Bea, shrugs. Dara could have felt cheated on when in reality they didnt do anything. Or edo could have told bea something entirely different about the relationship between dara and him, or lastly which i doubt; Bea could have been in relationship with him as the other woman we will never know. but i have no doubt that Dara will warm up to Bea eventually, it will just take time if all true, I mean eventually Dara will have put her ego aside for the sake of their son IF indeed edo and Bea are together and are even serious, and make it to a spring/summer event. I just hope Dara doesnt do an interview out of bitterness. I still say bea should just slide her some ascot tickets :P since dara likes the royal family or eventually they should work on a charity project together. For all I know they could get along and its the press being the press*shrugs
Old 12-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Nobility

‘Why would they want to break up this family?’: Father of fiancée ditched by Princess Beatrice’s new lover claims the royal may have been instrumental in their split

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ak-family.html

Ahhh, Dara why do you continue to speak with the press? it wont help matters dear. Of course you know give the press a few quotes and they can make various artIcles on it.

I look at it like this I actually believe what Dara is saying. The are three side's to this, and we only know Dara's. We will never know Bea's and Edo's side. Bea’s human like all of us and sometimes she’s going to make mistakes, as I always say the heart wants for reasons that reason does not understand. I think both woman are very beautiful and passionate ladies and seem mature and if Dara’s is trying to see passed this for her son’s sake I dont think the press whatever outlet should act like an angry mob against Bea, it something that happened, and there's nothing anyone can do or say to change things and it doesnt seem like they are going to break up anytime soon, Dara just. has get used to this change, she seems to be doing fine dispite her hurt. I do wish her the best and many more successes judging by her instagram
Old 12-08-2018, 07:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Still no signs at all that they are actually dating......

LaRae
Old 12-08-2018, 07:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Still no signs at all that they are actually dating......

LaRae
Trust me this is real, not some rumors. Dont be surprised if you see them at a spring event together if they make it that far :P

Closed Thread