Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyLucy post #1 [welcome] and Sunnystar Post 405 --- agree with you both completely. I remember and relooked up old articles and what you said about Dara's mother's comments is correct. Of course that "calm" breakup of a couple, although sad, is very common place but will not sell tabloid papers. So "friends" or even Dara leaked different slant on relationship of Bea and Edo, who have known each other for many years, as just "meeting" at the wedding. In article two days later. Obvious lie, but that is selling papers.

New photos showing Edo with his beloved child [quite obvious] but really doesn't look so into Dara. More like she is all over him but those pictures do not give the impression that he was still Ga-Ga over Dara. JMO. I truly believe that this breakup slant is made-up garbage by someone out for the big bucks and that the mother's original statement was correct. Dara and Edo were no longer a "couple" for quite a while prior to Bea and Edo's new relationship [if there is even a serious one and not just old friends giving the paps the silent finger]. Either way, there is no proof that Edo "cheated" on his prior live-in Dara with Bea at any time. Dara will always be part of Edo's life due to the ONLY fact that she got pregnant and they had a lovely child together. That has happened millions of times to other couples and they both have found other partners and went on to lead happy lives. So to say that anyone has cheated in this story without proper proof is just not the ticket, just tabloid gossip. You can't cheat on a person that you no longer have a relationship with. Once it is over, both have separate lives. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
That’s the confirmation I was waiting for.

I just hope she doesn’t get her heart broken.

Both her and Edo are in a similar place in life. They both recently left long term relationships which fizzled out after running its course long before. Yes Edo has a kid, but a nearly four year engagement doesn't speak to much push for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if things go well, they got engaged in a year or so. Often the case, we saw it with Dave. Often when you finally get out of a relationship that stalled, you realize you are ready to make big steps, just with someone new.

Both her and Edo are in a similar place in life. They both recently left long term relationships which fizzled out after running its course long before. Yes Edo has a kid, but a nearly four year engagement doesn't speak to much push for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if things go well, they got engaged in a year or so. Often the case, we saw it with Dave. Often when you finally get out of a relationship that stalled, you realize you are ready to make big steps, just with someone new.

Well said. I’m always wary/cynical of people who are engaged for ages. I’ve not known many to either make it to the altar or have a long marriage.

I’m happy for her.

That’s the confirmation I was waiting for.

Me too...will be interesting to see where it goes. I want to see them together in better photos...not sure about this relationship.

LaRae

Last edited:
Me too...will be interesting to see where it goes. I want to see them together in better photos...not sure about this relationship.

LaRae

Yeah, but it’s a new relationship, so there’s not much to say about it at the moment. I guess we’ll have to wait until the social season kicks back in to see them out and about together more.

I would imagine that with it still being early days of their relationship, they're not overly sure about the relationship either. ;)

We'll see where it goes when it gets there.

The pictures confirm Beado. The ex Dara is going to be around because she and Edo have a child together. Dara said she moved on but I am leery of baby mamas, especially those who claimed to be the woman wronged. I hope Dara doesn't weaponize their son to get back at them.

I'm not wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.

Last edited:
I'm not so wary about Dara. Things have been quieter from her friends and family recently, I think it was mostly initial shock and a genuine feeling of being wronged. I don't get malicious vibes from her.

Edo himself is a little more worrisome. He and Dara started dating in early 2015 and they were engaged 3.5 years. So that means he proposed within days or weeks after meeting Dara. Then you have stories that he and Bea have gotten extremely serious after a couple months of dating. He seems to get swept away in the heady rush of new relationships, and takes things from 0 to 10 very quickly. So I'm hoping Bea is a little cautious and doesn't rush an engagement especially since they are living on different continents. Give him some time to get over his exhilaration phase and then see if his deep feelings remain.

Very well put. Personally, I just don't think there is enough information in the public domain about this couple for me to make any meaningful comment.

Yes, all we know is that they are dating and their families have been friendly for awhile. What I haven't been certain about is whether they knew of each other or spent time in mixed company previously, but never actually got a chance to know each other well?

Also, it looks like from reports that Edo and Dara had broken up last summer, but may still have been sharing living arrangements off and on due to mutually caring for their child. Apparently, Dara only recently revealed to her parents, her split from Edo. Plus her father seems to have been upset in the first place because Dara became pregnant without the couple giving any serious consideration to marrying. After the split, and Edo fairly quickly beginning another high profile relationship, Dara's father understandably seems to be in even more of a tempest of emotions.

The over-speculation about Bea and Edo is not uncommon among pesky tabloids and royal observers. Added to the heated speculation is the fact that Princess Beatrice's sister and her cousin both got married this year; and Bea is also in her early 30s after recently breaking off a 10-year relationship. Therefore, she may be hoping to settle down soon. But yes, relationships being what they are, we have no idea what will eventually transpire.

Edo is very attractive, in a pretty-boy kind of way. Hopefully, he has the strength of character and mature solidity that Beatrice needs, and not just the looks and the right family.

Last edited:
Also, it looks like from reports that Edo and Dara had broken up last summer, but may still have been sharing living arrangements off and on due to mutually caring for their child. Apparently, Dara only recently revealed to her parents, her split from Edo. Plus her father seems to have been upset in the first place because Dara became pregnant without the couple giving any serious consideration to marrying. After the split, and Edo fairly quickly beginning another high profile relationship, Dara's father understandably seems to be in even more of a tempest of emotions.

With Dara, it may have been a case of her biological clock ticking, and she didn't want to wait any longer.

I hope things do move more quickly for Beatrice, because the last thing she needs is another relationship dragging out for years, and ending in ashes.

If the families have known each other for some time why couldn't Bea bring Edo for Sandringham Christmas? The rules were bent for Meghan. With the Cambridge/Sussex "feud" was there fear of press focus on another "scandal"?

But Harry and Meghan were already engaged, weren't they?

If the families have known each other for some time why couldn't Bea bring Edo for Sandringham Christmas? The rules were bent for Meghan. With the Cambridge/Sussex "feud" was there fear of press focus on another "scandal"?

I don't think Edo would want to join the royal family for Christmas after he just started dating Beatrice a few months earlier. And Edo has known the Ferguson and York family for quite some time not the broader royal family.

As pointed out, Harry and Meghan were engaged. When Meghan was just Harry's girlfriend (in 2016) she didn't join either - even though Harry had made it clear that she was his girlfriend by issuing a statement; while Beatrice has been low profile about/not confirmed her relationship with Edo.

^ thanks, I would just like to say ,I told you all they were dating,
;p but none believed me :p

Ah; at last we get the news we were hoping for! I hope that the relationship works out and that the two end up being right for each other.

I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.

If it should come to pass that Beatrice and Edo marry, I am of the mind that Edo's son will be in a similar situation to Marius Borg Hoiby of Norway. Mette-Marit was a single mother when she met and married Crown Prince Haakon.

From what I know, Marius has been totally accepted but not adopted into the Norwegian Royal Family but does not hold a title or is in the line of succession. This is what I would picture happening to Edo's son should Edo and Beatrice marry.

As Jack Brooksbank was not offered a title to pass down to any children that he and Eugenie may have, I believe it will be the same with Beatrice when she marries regardless of who she marries. I also see both Beatrice and Edo encouraging the child to know and love and interact with his mother and her family.

I know Harry and Meghan were engaged but beforehand even fiancées weren't invited to Sandringham. But I am thinking about the boy. He was not a child from a previous marriage ; he was born out of wedlock. The press being what it is will be savage towards the child if Bea and Edo get married. Does he get a title? Does Bea legally adopt him? Will he put in the line of succession, which I believe would take an act of Parliament? I can see the traditionalists raising a stink on all three.

The child has a mother, why would Beatrice adopt him. :ermm:

Allowing adopted children to have a place in succession would mean a change in laws. Why would they change the laws for a stepson of someone as far down the line as Beatrice is? It would be different if in the future George and his wife were unable to have kids, or even if the heir was gay, and they wanted to make some provision then. But certainly no need here.

Eugenie and Jack got no titles. Unless Jack turned it down, no reason to think Edo would get one. And if he did, reasonably the title would be expected to pass to his kids with Bea. Among the aristocracy there is at least one title whose heir has older full siblings because the older siblings were born before the parents married. And these are biological children, not step kids.

If they marry his son will likely be like Marius. He will be happily accepted into the family and be at private events. But a private citizen. He is still a small child, different then the only other Royal stepkids, Camillas kids.

I see a lot of comparisons to the Marius situation, but will it really even get that far? By that I mean Marius has interest in him because his mother and sister are future Queens of Norway (one as consort, other as regnant). By contrast, most Brits couldn't pick Bea out of a line-up without that famous hat from William's wedding and neither she nor her children are expected to be full-time royals.

Even if Edo & Bea marry his son will live a relatively normal life because (besides Christmas at Sandringham and Trooping the Color) Beatrice's kids are destined for a normal life. No one in the media will be following Edo's son long-term unless he ends up being best-buddies with one of the Cambridge kids and is part of their set.

There are already step children in the BRF. Camilla's two, obviously, and the son of Gary Lewis who married Davina Windsor. They are not in the line of succession and they are afforded a lot of privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom