The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's a little messy, true. But he ended his previous relationship BEFORE taking up with the princess and not after...so I don't see the problem. He wasn't married.

Would he have been a better man if he had strung his ex on for another month or two...THEN dumped her?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-24-2018, 02:07 PM
Nobility

yeah he seemed to have ended his relationship months before he started their alleged relationship and we dont exatly whyEdo and Dara spilt it could have been something mutual after haveing the baby together they must have realized they were better of co parenting its probably good that they realized that sonner than later on. with that said i doubt his ex's mother is talking to the tabloids?

He semes like active father in his kid'd life and that's all that matters

Man if this all true the press will be brutual on him thats for sure

Old 11-24-2018, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another distinct possibility is that Beatrice has known Edo for a very long time and they're hanging out together as friends after his breakup of a relationship. We have no real clue that this is even a romantic relationship. Guys and gals can and do have platonic relationships.

I'm going to wait and just watch and see what develops.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It's a little messy, true. But he ended his previous relationship BEFORE taking up with the princess and not after...so I don't see the problem. He wasn't married.

Would he have been a better man if he had strung his ex on for another month or two...THEN dumped her?
I will be the one to say it.
It seems he dumped his gf once he realized he could trade up.

Beatrice offers what she previously offered Dave.
Connections! Access to top tier society.

I hope Edo cares about her for herself...BUT time will tell.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I will be the one to say it.
It seems he dumped his gf once he realized he could trade up.

Beatrice offers what she previously offered Dave.
Connections! Access to top tier society.

I hope Edo cares about her for herself...BUT time will tell.

As far as I understand, Edo is already a millionaire property developer. I don't think he needs to date Princess Beatrice" to access the top tier society".

Beatrice, on the other hand, despite being a princess of the United Kingdom and (currently) 8th in line to the throne, has a vested interest in marrying someone who is rich and hails from the nobility (even if it is the continental nobility in this case). Compared to Dave, Edo is a "trade up" for her.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whatever it is I'm glad Beatrice has moved on. We all seemed to have assumed that Edo is using Beatrice for something, or perhaps being horrid to his ex by being with Beatrice. Is it too out there to imagine that Beatrice may just be having some fun after her very long relationship with Dave? She doesn't have to marry the man.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whatever it is I'm glad Beatrice has moved on. We all seemed to have assumed that Edo is using Beatrice for something, or perhaps being horrid to his ex by being with Beatrice. Is it too out there to imagine that Beatrice may just be having some fun after her very long relationship with Dave? She doesn't have to marry the man.

She is 30, which is not too old to be single by current standards, but is already an age when pressure to tie the knot starts to build up. The fact that her younger sister is already married doesn't help either to relieve the pressure on her.

Honestly, I don't know how serious this relationship is and how committed to the relationship Beatrice is, but, at least superficially, Edo seems to tick all the boxes for a suitable groom (minus being a divorcee with a child), and that is a big plus for him.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Beatrice, on the other hand, despite being a princess of the United Kingdom and (currently) 8th in line to the throne, has a vested interest in marrying someone who is rich and hails from the nobility (even if it is the continental nobility in this case). Compared to Dave, Edo is a "trade up" for her.

And you know how she has specific interest in marrying nobility how?

Quote:
Another distinct possibility is that Beatrice has known Edo for a very long time and they're hanging out together as friends after his breakup of a relationship. We have no real clue that this is even a romantic relationship. Guys and gals can and do have platonic relationships.

I'm going to wait and just watch and see what develops.
Yeah it also could have been one of those moments after being friends for awhile and both single that they clicked romanticallly or at least having some fun. He sure likes articles relating to her a suporrtive friend or BF. I think we will know for sure come spring/summer, either that or he's just trolling us
Old 11-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

Well the Fail did it. It's claiming overlap on the ex gf's watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-child.html

Outside of a royal family feud, nothing gets clicks for a tabloid than an alleged cheating scandal.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post

Outside of a royal family feud, nothing gets clicks for a tabloid than an alleged cheating scandal.
Let the messyness by the press begin, even if they were living together when the couple of the hour began some exes do live tigether for awhile to get their feet back in the ground without the romance. However that girl is also well off so so i dont think she was couch surfing either or lingering but who knows maybe there's a side to bea we dont know.

At first the couple got together mnths after split now apparently bea is a man stealer. Next they will probably write about how bea and the ex are eternal enemies since they are labeling her as a man stealer/ homewrecker
Old 11-24-2018, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post

Couple of problems with the fail article:
First, it claims its’ source as a friend of Edo’s yet the so called source is clearly advocating for the ex gf - so I suspect it’s the ex gf’s friend getting her spin out there - perhaps for custody/child support reasons.
Second, the gf’s mom says they split 6 months ago - but have continued to co-parent v. the unnamed friend who says they split after Edo and Bea started dating.
Third, the article says their relationship started at Eugenie’s wedding contrary to earlier reports that it started the month before the wedding.
Fourth, the article says they were engaged for 3 1/2 years and it also states Edo and the ex gf started dating in early 2015 - so did they get engaged just a couple of months into their relationship?
What’s clear to me is to have met in 2015, and to have a 2 year old together means that the ex gf became pregnant within the first year of dating Edo - I wonder if they were even exclusive when she got pregnant.
I wonder if he ever actually proposed, does/did the ex gf have a ring - if yes why didn’t they marry? I’m not really seeing signs they were planning a future together - he’s been living in his 1 br. place and they didn’t buy a bigger place together, for example.
I expect ‘sources’ to come crawling out of the woodwork spinning this story every which way. Buckle up.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:19 PM
Commoner

Still saying pics or this didn’t happen . And nice of them to publish the article while Beatrice is in Australia. Funny that
Old 11-25-2018, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Wow we don't even know if they're actually together and Bea is already being called a homewrecker, that didn't take long. I think it's quite likely that they're together but hopefully he didn't ditch his girlfriend for her. If they really have been friends for years then I guess it's not likely.

Unfortunately for them the media now have another "controversial" royal relationship to go after.

I don't think there's any indication that she wants/needs to date within the aristocracy considering her last boyfriend certainly wasn't.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

If she's like the rest of her cousins it's certainly not going to be any sort of requirement that her boyfriend or husband be from a titled background.

LaRae
Old 11-25-2018, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
She would lose 'of York' when married. Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi
How would she be titled in her husband's country, if their relationship goes that far. Would they give her a "Countess" title?
Old 11-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Couple of problems with the fail article:
First, it claims its’ source as a friend of Edo’s yet the so called source is clearly advocating for the ex gf - so I suspect it’s the ex gf’s friend getting her spin out there - perhaps for custody/child support reasons.
Second, the gf’s mom says they split 6 months ago - but have continued to co-parent v. the unnamed friend who says they split after Edo and Bea started dating.
Third, the article says their relationship started at Eugenie’s wedding contrary to earlier reports that it started the month before the wedding.
Fourth, the article says they were engaged for 3 1/2 years and it also states Edo and the ex gf started dating in early 2015 - so did they get engaged just a couple of months into their relationship?
What’s clear to me is to have met in 2015, and to have a 2 year old together means that the ex gf became pregnant within the first year of dating Edo - I wonder if they were even exclusive when she got pregnant.
I wonder if he ever actually proposed, does/did the ex gf have a ring - if yes why didn’t they marry? I’m not really seeing signs they were planning a future together - he’s been living in his 1 br. place and they didn’t buy a bigger place together, for example.
I expect ‘sources’ to come crawling out of the woodwork spinning this story every which way. Buckle up.
I think it reflects badly on us as a group that just because Beatrice is royal people start judging and shaming this other girl. Let's be honest this is all just a media game and all those involved are probably pretty innocent and wih it would go away.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reminds me a lot about the articles they wrote about Diana, Dodi and that fiancee of his... Who knows? This kind of media thinks nothing about lying and destroying a reputation.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Lots of comments that insult Beatrice on Dara’s Instagram and she liked some of the comment.......
Old 11-25-2018, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

Can you imagine what the media would do to Beatrice if she found herself in the same position as the ex gf - unmarried with a child? Tabloid and mainstream press would have a go because of the impact on the succession. The baby would have to be born in wedlock to be a successor to the throne. There would be no societal pressure for this guy to marry her; it won't ruin him but it may ruin her because of double standards.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

All during Eugenie’s engagement, I have felt rather sorry for Bea. And if even the basics of this story are true- romance with guy who didn’t marry the mother of his child- I really feel badly for her. And the ex-girlfriend certainly seems like a substantial person.

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread