Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow...I don't think Edo and Dave have anything in common physically except perhaps middling height.

Edo is very handsome. Dave is...average looking to be charitable imo.:cool:

Still not sure it's true though....I'm waiting to see a pic of them together.

LaRae

Sarah is pretty good at shooting down untrue rumors when it comes to her and her daughters. So her staying silent even though this story has spread all over the place - including foreign media outlets, makes me think there is some truth here.

Is Edouardo's stepparent Catholic?

Which stepparent? His deceased stepfather was Anglican. His new stepfather is from Northern Ireland, so likely he is protestant too.

I have no idea about any stepmother, but it doesn't sound like he has contact with his father anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edoardo would be more than likely be Roman Catholic, being a member of an Italian comital family, as he is.

But apparently he grew up with his mother and stepfather who are Anglican. So, he could be either Roman Catholic because his father wanted him to be baptized Catholic or he could be Anglican because of his mother's background or because he later joined the Anglican church growing up in an Anglican household.

Oh wow...I don't think Edo and Dave have anything in common physically except perhaps middling height.

Edo is very handsome. Dave is...average looking to be charitable imo.:cool:

I agree...don't see anything in common between the two men..other than maybe their height.

LARae

Sarah is pretty good at shooting down untrue rumors when it comes to her and her daughters. So her staying silent even though this story has spread all over the place - including foreign media outlets, makes me think there is some truth here.

I guess I don't recall her 'shooting down' dating rumors about the girls before. I agree it could be true...I just won't believe it till it's confirmed. The media is quick to try and pair her up.

LaRae

I guess I don't recall her 'shooting down' dating rumors about the girls before. I agree it could be true...I just won't believe it till it's confirmed. The media is quick to try and pair her up.

LaRae

She shot down dating rumors about herself. And she shot down the Eugenie and Jack engagement rumors from 2016.

I knew about the engagement rumors that she commented on. I just don't recall her really having much to say to the media about the girls dating or not dating anyone.

LaRae

I knew about the engagement rumors that she commented on. I just don't recall her really having much to say to the media about the girls dating or not dating anyone.

LaRae

Well, she hasn't had much opportunity. Eugenie's been with Jack since early 2010 and Beatrice was with Dave from the age of 18 until just 2 years ago. So with what little opportunity she's had she's been good at denying untrue rumors.

Given that this story has spread all over the place including major American outlets, and given that she knows Edo's family really well. It would be easy for her to put the fire out and say "We're very fond of Edo but he's just a family friend." Her staying silent while the media digs in, that is interesting.

We don't know if the story is true or not. But the lack of denials for me makes it lean towards truth. You seem to lean towards false. That's cool. :cheers:

i find it very interesting that her alleged boyfried has yet to deny rumors *strokes imaginary beard. usually when the press claiming she is dating her friendsthe alleged boyfriends are quick to clear things up not this time around. If all this istrue they at least have quite a few things in common including chairity work as he has been invovlved in charity endvears in the past

Last edited:
The media is so often wrong I almost always lean the opposite direction when they start pairing royals up. If they are really dating we'll see proof of it soon enough.

LaRae

maybe

The media is so often wrong I almost always lean the opposite direction when they start pairing royals up. If they are really dating we'll see proof of it soon enough.
LaRae

Agreed more often than not they are totally way off base, especially when it comes to the yorks,but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Remember how it was reported bea was going to move to NYC. They were right that time around and I was skypitcal the whole time and things werent even comfired until we got pics we shall see

Yep...that's why I keep saying...I'm waiting on pics, if they are an item sooner or later they will be seen out together!

LaRae

I think she may be actually dating this guy, but I don't believe they are close to marriage like the Daily Mail suggests. That was probably just to stir up gossip. They've only been together a couple months, if the rumours are true.

Well....this Edo/Bea story is a hot, trending item now. And it's not just tabloid fodder at this point.

If it is indeed just a rumor, I would hope and expect that someone from either side would do or say at least something to squelch it.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably true.;)

ETA: No way do I believe that they are talking marriage BUT...I also do not believe that Beatrice is down for another long, nowhere romance. If this one doesn't pan out for her in the next 6 months or so I don't think she will stay.

Last edited:
I doubt many couples begin talking marriage two months into a relationship. Perhaps mutual commitment, but not marriage.

Well....this Edo/Bea story is a hot, trending item now. And it's not just tabloid fodder at this point.

If it is indeed just a rumor, I would hope and expect that someone from either side would do or say at least something to squelch it.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably true.;)

ETA: No way do I believe that they are talking marriage BUT...I also do not believe that Beatrice is down for another long, nowhere romance. If this one doesn't pan out for her in the next 6 months or so I don't think she will stay.
I agree, if she wants a future that includes marriage then I think she’s not going to dawdle in a relationship that isn’t headed in that direction. It may take more than six months to know, though, given that they live on two different continents. Unfortunate that it has hit the tabloids, as that puts added pressure on a new romance - remember how the scrutiny chased off Harry’s ex gfs, not saying that’s the only reason, but both ex gfs said they hated the intrusion from the press. And of course the press digs up every tiny detail about the Royal’s partner’s family too, although they are worse about the female partners and their families than they were about Zara & Eugenie’s husbands.

Last edited:
The news articles don't make it seem like the couple is talking marriage already, it makes it sound like friends of the couple wouldn't be surprised if marriage was in their near future. It could be friends are doing some wishful thinking, they saw Dave get engaged after only about 6-9 months of dating and maybe they think Beatrice might do something similar. But since Beatrice lives in NYC and Edo lives in London and there is a child involved, I think these friends may have to wait awhile. If they are dating, I'm not expecting any engagement until they're living on the same continent.

Last edited:
Charlotte, Princess Royal (1766-1828) married King Frederick I of Wurtemberg who had three children from an earlier marriage.

Charlottes husband was a widower. He was not a divorcee. It was a very common event to be a second or third wife back in the day when many Royal wives died young. Definitely different then marrying a divorced man, commoner or not.

Charlottes husband was a widower. He was not a divorcee. It was a very common event to be a second or third wife back in the day when many Royal wives died young. Definitely different then marrying a divorced man, commoner or not.
I replied to a question if any British princess had ever married a divorcée or a man who had children.
I'm just as aware of the history of marriage as you apparently are.

I replied to a question if any British princess had ever married a divorcée or a man who had children.

I guess we could make a list of every Royal woman in the uk who ever married a widower. That wasn't the point of the OP. It was more about divorce/past common law kids. Not a widower situation. Was seeing if any woman was in a similar position to Eugenie, and the answer is no. Not in the immediate family, only in extended.

But certainly we could go off the point of topic, and name all the second wives :flowers:

Correct. The question posed a couple pages back was a broad one because we aren't even sure Edo was married to Wolfie's mother. I'm sure there were many British Princesses who married men with illegitimate children. Heck Margaret married Tony a couple weeks before his daughter Polly was born.

:previous:

Yes, I was curious about both histories: marriages of British princesses to single fathers (divorced, widowed, or unmarried) as well as marriages of British princesses to divorcés. It seems Frederick of Württemberg was the most recent father of children to marry a Princess of Great Britain (in 1797), although as Kataryn pointed out, Lady Louise Mountbatten was a member of the British royal family and married a widower with children, and seeing that the Swedish Royal House viewed the marriage as equal, presumably they saw her as royal.

Is it correct that until now, no divorcé or single father who was not a widower (not including cases such as Antony Armstrong-Jones in which the father did not acknowledge his biological child) has married a British princess?

What is his correct first name: Edouard or Edouardo?

There is the lovely Lady Davina and her handsome husband, Gary Lewis.
Would that be similar?

There is the lovely Lady Davina and her handsome husband, Gary Lewis.
Would that be similar?

Lady Davina is not a British princess. The circumstances are similar to what we are discussing but she doesn't meet the criteria of being a princess like Beatrice of York.

Last edited:
As Osipi noted earlier, with all the cross-pollination between the family members, it is altogether likely they have known each other, in passing, for years.

Thinking about it, he must move in the same circles that Beatrice, Eugenie, Jack and perhaps even Harry do or did, so if the nature of their relationship has changed things may happen faster than we expect.

Whatever, if they are dating, I wish them well.

Genealogy of Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/peerage-news/BJJtouIJ9hw

Yes, I also thought your answer was relevant. Charlotte's stepdaughter Catherine of Wurttemberg married Jerome Bonaparte, brother of Britain's archenemy Napoleon, and I vaguely remember reading Charlotte's relatives weren't very happy with her when she wrote them a letter stating she had met Napoleon and found him charming.

I believe Princess Charlotte was the first British princess to marry a widower with children since Queen Mary I married Philip of Spain who of course was a widower with a son, the ill-fated Don Carlos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom