The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
I am jumping waaay ahead of myself here but if Beatrice marries him(knock on wood) would she become HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi or just Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi?
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #42  
Old 11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am jumping waaay ahead of myself here but if Beatrice marries him(knock on wood) would she become HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi or just Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi?
She would lose 'of York' when married. Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi
__________________

  #43  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am jumping waaay ahead of myself here but if Beatrice marries him(knock on wood) would she become HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi or just Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi?

Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.



BTW, where is his title from anyway ? If it is of Italian origin, then the title isn't legally recognized in the Italian Republic either.


EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Princess Beatrice's boyfriend might be Catholic (not a problem anymore under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, but still an interesting situation for someone still relatively high up in the line of succession). Autumn Phillips converted to Anglicanism, but I doubt Edouardo would do that to marry Beatrice (assuming he is Catholic, which I don't know).
  #44  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Camilla? She has two kids from her Parker-Bowles marriage.
Princess Louise von Battenberg, later Lady Louise Mountbatten? She married the widowed king of Sweden who had children from his first marriage. Okay, Lady Louise was not a British princess, but still..
She's not a princess in the BRF prior to her marriage.


LaRae
  #45  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:40 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,754
Edouardo Mapelli Mozzi looks to be an interesting and a very attractive young man. The New York Times did a profile on his role in the exclusive real estate market in London, in March 2015:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/g...heir-turf.html

According to Yahoo Style, Count Edouardo Mapelli Mozzi and Beatrice have been dating for about 2 months, "but things are becoming very serious, very quickly." I'm not sure how sources actually know that or whether it's purely over-reaching speculation.
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/princess-...163622849.html

He's certainly very attractive. Apparently his father is a former Alpine skiier and an Olympian who particpated in the 1972 Games representing Great Britain. Due to the Italian-sounding names, the family's heritage must partly originate in Italy. Edouardo's mother is the former Nicola D. Burrows, per the peerage bio linked above by @Biri.

https://primalinformation.com/edo-mapelli-mozzi-wiki/

It never fails to impress me how huge Beatrice's eyes are. It's uncanny her resemblance to her namesake, Princess Beatrice, the youngest daughter of Queen Victoria.
  #46  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
More information about Princess Beatrice's supposed boyfriend:

Peerage News: Count Edouard Mapelli Mozzi: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend

P.S. Edouard's bond with Wolfie's mother was a relationship, not marriage.
It seems likely that "It was reported" is a reference the tabloid reports, which described Edoardo's son as "from a previous relationship". That does seem to indicate that his former wife is not the mother of his child, but perhaps the tabloids were unable to discover at the time of publication whether the mother was the ex-wife or another woman.
  #47  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.



BTW, where is his title from anyway ? If it is of Italian origin, then the title isn't legally recognized in the Italian Republic either.


EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Princess Beatrice's boyfriend might be Catholic (not a problem anymore under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, but still an interesting situation for someone still relatively high up in the line of succession). Autumn Phillips converted to Anglicanism, but I doubt Edouardo would do that to marry Beatrice (assuming he is Catholic, which I don't know).
Thanks for the information Mbruno.

Since Edoardo is of Italian aristocratic origin, I am about 99% sure he was at least baptized Roman Catholic. If he marries Beatrice I too would be surprised if he converted to Anglicanism.

But I would not be surprised if he followed Maxima Zorriegueta's example and agreed to marry in his spouse's faith and to raise any children in that religion.

In any case it would be quite a dazzling match. "Edo" is as handsome as a model, imo.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #48  
Old 11-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
She would lose 'of York' when married.
But her married sister Eugenie has, at least for the time being, kept "of York". See http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2158546 and https://www.hauserwirth.com/contact/...rk&jp=Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Foreign titles/styles aren't recognized in the UK so she would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.
In practice, there seem to be many residents of the United Kingdom who use foreign titles despite the absence of legal recognition (for example, the members of the former royal families of Greece and Hanover).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Since Edoardo is of Italian aristocratic origin, I am about 99% sure he was at least baptized Roman Catholic.
I have not closely read the reports, but both of his parents and his stepparent seem to have been British.
  #49  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Foreign titles of nobility are not legally recognized in the UK, so I am not sure if Princess Beatrice could call herself Countess Mapelli Mozzi in her native country.



BTW, where is his title from anyway ? If it is of Italian origin, then the title isn't legally recognized in the Italian Republic either.


EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder if Princess Beatrice's boyfriend might be Catholic (not a problem anymore under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013, but still an interesting situation for someone still relatively high up in the line of succession). Autumn Phillips converted to Anglicanism, but I doubt Edouardo would do that to marry Beatrice (assuming he is Catholic, which I don't know).
I actually think he would have no problem converting, assuming he's even Catholic. He seems estranged from his biological father. While his mother and former stepfather (who he considers his real father) use Anglican churches. For example when Beatrice attended the funeral of his stepfather it was at St Mary's Church of Adderbury.
  #50  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
It seems likely that "It was reported" is a reference the tabloid reports, which described Edoardo's son as "from a previous relationship". That does seem to indicate that his former wife is not the mother of his child, but perhaps the tabloids were unable to discover at the time of publication whether the mother was the ex-wife or another woman.
The link hereinabove doesn't mention Edoardo was ever married.
  #51  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
there seem to be many residents of the United Kingdom who use foreign titles
Indeed so, in London I know two Russians, three Germans and an Italian who do so.
There is no bar [legal or social] to it here..
  #52  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:14 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Indeed so, in London I know two Russians, three Germans and an Italian who do so.
There is no bar [legal or social] to it here..

But would the Court Circular refer to Princess Beatrice by a foreign title ? I don't think so.


Unlike the practice in other countries, foreign princesses who married into the British royal family have always discontinued the use of their foreign titles, haven't they ?
  #53  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
But her married sister Eugenie has, at least for the time being, kept "of York". See http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2158546 and https://www.hauserwirth.com/contact/...rk&jp=Director

Well, after William married he continued using "Wales" in the RAF even though he was no longer 'of Wales'. What they do in practice isn't always what is official. Like earlier this year when they called Mike's mother Mrs. Linda Tindall instead of Mrs. Philip Tindall, like they should of.
  #54  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, after William married he continued using "Wales" in the RAF even though he was no longer 'of Wales'. What they do in practice isn't always what is official. Like earlier this year when they called Mike's mother Mrs. Linda Tindall instead of Mrs. Philip Tindall, like they should of.
Agreed, but the only "official" source thus far available (the press release after the wedding) used "of York".

However, I suspect that the use of "Mrs. Linda Tindall" was deliberate as it has been used before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
The link hereinabove doesn't mention Edoardo was ever married.
No, but the tabloid reports referred to him as divorced.
  #55  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coastal California, United States
Posts: 1,230
Since Edo does not seem to use Count in the few articles we’ve seen which reference him, I would guess Beatrice will likewise not add it to her name - should things reach that stage.
He looks a lot like Dave to me.
  #56  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Since Edo does not seem to use Count in the few articles we’ve seen which reference him, I would guess Beatrice will likewise not add it to her name - should things reach that stage.
He looks a lot like Dave to me.
I think she has a type. Edo, Dave, and Paolo all have boyish looks. And all are on the shorter side.
  #57  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:39 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,754
Yes, I think there is somewhat of a resemblance between Dave and Edouardo. I don't know who Paolo is -- what was his last name?

What are Dave's and Edouardo's heights?

Both Dave and Edo have a boyish, fresh-faced look, as Prince Harry used to until he grew a beard. But I don't think Dave and Edo look that much alike when you examine their photos. Their noses are quite different and Edo's eyes are differently shaped and seem larger.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/celebri...-clark-engaged
https://primalinformation.com/edo-mapelli-mozzi-wiki/
  #58  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,410
Its early days yet but I'm happy to hear that Beatrice has found someone she enjoys being with. Reading through the preceding posts, it seems that its also possible that this couple may have known each other for a while too and have kicked up their relationship to another level.

One thing does stand out for me with Edoardo. To me, it doesn't matter one bit who the mother is of his son. What stands out for me is that regardless, this boy is his son and Edo is committed to be his father. We live in a world where there are a lot of "baby daddies" that get on with their lives and send support checks but rarely take an interest in their child's life.

We'll just have to keep watching and see what happens with this relationship.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #59  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:11 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,754
It will be nice to eventually see photos of them together. I hope they both find lasting happiness with each other. Edo is definitely a very nice looking man. And he seems to have an air of calm authority. He started his company at the age of 24. Best wishes to them both.

Another royal wedding in a year or two would be lovely. But right, time will tell. There's no need for them to rush to the altar, or for observers and tabloids to be overly anticipating the pace of their relationship.
  #60  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,104
Still not sure it's true though....I'm waiting to see a pic of them together.


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Eugenie: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 206 10-12-2018 06:11 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british british royals chittagong countess of snowdon daisy duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree future games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen louise queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal wedding snowdon spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×