The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
IIRC you can get married anywhere as long as the wedding venue is registered for worships and marriages
Well, to fit the bill for being married in a palace/castle, there's always the private chapel at Windsor Castle where Archie was baptized at. Of course that would mean a very itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny wedding with just a few people. I don't think that would be acceptable by anyone let alone the bride and groom.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-22-2019, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
IIRC you can get married anywhere as long as the wedding venue is registered for worships and marriages
Sure, I just think it's highly likely they'll have a church wedding. And if it's not then probably not televised. That would be funny to watch on TV though.

Quote:
Italian aristocratic titles were abolished under the Italian constitution of 1948. Many former noble families have continued to use them without official recognition, but I do not know if Edo Mapelli Mozzi has ever done so.
As far as I can tell he's never done so. If he had wanted to be known by it he certainly could use it in the UK or Italy whether it's recognised or not like so many do and there's been no indication that the press have been asked to start referring to him like that. In fact it seems his step father's connections and his step father in general have been more important to him.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

St. George’s is uniquely convenient for the Yorks since Grandma can host the wedding breakfast at the castle and both of Beatrice’s parents live in Windsor and can host the several after parties at Royal Lodge.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think Beatrice's wedding (should it take place) will be similar to the scale of Eugenie's wedding - so it will be televised, but won't be a massive occasion like the Sussex or Cambridge weddings were though most of the immediate family should be there IMO.
Is Edo's family known in Italy at all? I wonder if there'll be some Italian coverage if they're famous there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-22-2019, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Given the advance age of the queen and Duke St Georges chapel Windsor is the most obvious but I agree it would be really nice to see a daughter of the duke of York married at York Minster.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Wouldn't they require a church wedding? The church for that would be St. George's. Has their ever been a wedding let alone a televised one in the State Rooms instead in recent memory?
The royals, back in the old days, are known to have married in the palaces and castles rooms as well. It’s an idea outside of the box.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Not trying to get too caught up in the speculation, but wouldn’t it be nice to see a televised old fashioned palace wedding? Perhaps at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle wedding. Done in one of the big state rooms.
Quote:
On 17 February, Clarence House announced the marriage's change of venue from Windsor Castle to the Windsor Guildhall, immediately outside the walls of the castle.This substitution came about when it was discovered that the legal requirements for licensing the royal castle for civil weddings would require opening it up to other prospective couples for at least three years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weddin..._Parker_Bowles
Old 07-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I remember that happening with Charles and Camilla's wedding. However, I very seriously doubt that should Beatrice marry, that she and Edo (or whomever) would have a civil wedding.

The private chapel at Windsor Castle would meet all the requirements for a royal wedding but there just wouldn't be space for many to attend. I still think St. George's Chapel would be the best choice all around. Its where Charles and Camilla had their wedding blessed after the civil ceremony.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I remember that happening with Charles and Camilla's wedding. However, I very seriously doubt that should Beatrice marry, that she and Edo (or whomever) would have a civil wedding.
The main word was "wedding", not "civil".

Quote:
Can we get married anywhere?

Short answer? No.
“In England and Wales it’s the place, not the person, that’s licensed for marriage,” says wedding planner Kathryn Lloyd. “The venue must be a permanent structure with a roof, approved for marriage and accessible to anyone to book for their marriage. You can have a non-legal blessing at home, but for it to be considered legal you would also need to have a civil or church ceremony.”
https://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/...age-in-the-uk/
Old 07-22-2019, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Do you think there is a possibility that HM will not go to this wedding because of Edo's child out of wedlock? The Yorks do seem to challenge her establishment values with their choices.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The main word was "wedding", not "civil".

https://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/...age-in-the-uk/
Thanks for the clarification on this as it is confusing for me. I have no idea whether or not a royal peculiar was exempt from this. I guess its the part where it says "accessible to anyone to book for their marriage" is what would put the kibosh on it.

Thanks Spheno!

Old 07-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Do you think there is a possibility that HM will not go to this wedding because of Edo's child out of wedlock? The Yorks do seem to challenge her establishment values with their choices.
No. Both personally as a grandmother and formally as the Queen and head of the Church of England, I think the only reason she wouldn't go is if she fell ill. In recent years her son has married his mistress and her grandson married a divorced woman and she was at the blessing of one and the wedding of the other, lots of living together before marriage officially in royal residences.... I can't think she'd draw the line at this.

I think every single one of her children have challenged her alleged values over the decades and she has publicly adapted. And whilst Andrew and Sarah have done more than their fair share, her granddaughters haven't. It's STILL supposed to be true that she's especially fond of Andrew.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Thank you, Heavs. I needed some perspective and context.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
The Yorks do seem to challenge her establishment values with their choices.
What choices? Beatrice and Eugenie aren't the ones of Queen Elizabeth's grandchildren that have been photographed naked in hotel rooms, worn Nazi uniforms to costume parties or been accused of cashing in on their grandmother's 90th birthday. Their parents might be dingbats, but what have the girls ever done wrong?

Reading my post again I might sound more aggressive than I intended. Sorry
Old 07-23-2019, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
What choices? Beatrice and Eugenie aren't the ones of Queen Elizabeth's grandchildren that have been photographed naked in hotel rooms, worn Nazi uniforms to costume parties or been accused of cashing in on their grandmother's 90th birthday. Their parents might be dingbats, but what have the girls ever done wrong?

Reading my post again I might sound more aggressive than I intended. Sorry
No I don't think you're aggressive at all. In fact your point hits right at the truth for me. Beatrice and Eugenie have really been respectable for years but are always burdened with the mistakes of their parents. While some now harp on hate against certain members in the family, these two have been nit-picked and belittled for years. I'm happy it seems like since Eugenie's wedding the press have backed off and hopefully after Beatrice's, the girls charity work will be correctly covered.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
No I don't think you're aggressive at all. In fact your point hits right at the truth for me.
I'm glad since it was never my intention to be a bitch haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
I'm happy it seems like since Eugenie's wedding the press have backed off and hopefully after Beatrice's, the girls charity work will be correctly covered.
They do a lot of charity work and I, like you, hope it gets the attention it deserves.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

@JR76 - the elephant in the room would be Andrew's ties to Jeffrey Epstein. Court documents are scheduled to be unsealed and if Andrew's involvement in that sordid mess goes beyond what has already been reported it has the potential of casting a pall on an engagement and wedding.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, that makes him a count though since UK doesn't recognise foreign titles of nobility it's not a title that he can use officially.
Yes indeed. They both look good together. It's nice to know that both families are well-acquainted with each other.

Do you think Edo will be given an earldom by the Queen?

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-23-2019, 04:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Yes indeed. They both look good together. It's nice to know that both families are well-acquainted with each other.

Do you think Edo will be given an earldom by the Queen?
No. We went through this with Jack. Personally I think pigs are more likely to be seen in a holding pattern over Windsor than the Queen is to give Edo, Jack or Louise's husband an Earldom.

If her daughter can be plain Mrs Phillips or Mrs Lawrence, Zara plain Mrs Tindall and Eugenie plain Mrs Brooksbank, Beatrice can be plain Mrs whatever.

To flip the question round though, why do you think the Queen should give Edo an Earldom?
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
No. We went through this with Jack. Personally I think pigs are more likely to be seen in a holding pattern over Windsor than the Queen is to give Edo, Jack or Louise's husband an Earldom.

If her daughter can be plain Mrs Phillips or Mrs Lawrence, Zara plain Mrs Tindall and Eugenie plain Mrs Brooksbank, Beatrice can be plain Mrs whatever.

To flip the question round though, why do you think the Queen should give Edo an Earldom?
I don't think there was a problem with my question. You seem a little pressed.

It's an enduring tradition for monarchs to give hereditary peerage to family members. Antony Armstrong-Jones was given an earldom a year after his marriage to Princess Margaret. Sir Angus Ogilvy was offered an earldom too on his wedding to Princess Alexandra but declined.

And the list goes on..........

I don't think Princess Anne's husbands were not offered too or maybe you know something that I don't know.

The Royal Fly®️
Closed Thread