Princess Beatrice: Relationships Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three.
The first BF went on vacation with the Yorks, and he said Beatrice had intended to present him to the Queen.

So it may have been quite serious, although she was only 17 at the time.

That's what he later said, because he couldn't be lying obviously, I really doubt he was ever going to meet the Queen even if she had said it. It was probably her first relationship when she was very young and got nowhere near in the same galaxy as her relationship with Dave or Edo. That said, even a bad relationship at that age teaches you something.

As for his ex fiancée, it makes me even more uncomfortable to be speculating on her reasons for becoming pregnant. She did and they were together for a while. It's probably a good thing they broke up at this stage rather than go through with a marriage but we'll never know the full story. Nor Beatrice's with Dave for that matter. They shouldn't rush especially because of the young kid but an engagement next year (if that's what they want) is a reasonable time frame.

Wary of baby mama's? Apparently Dara and her family are very respectable people, highly educated, well-off, and well-known in their professions, not exactly looking for a meal-ticket, or to trap anyone. Edo apparently was pleased to announce his engagement publicly and claim her, so I would imagine his family approved, as well as hers. Speculating that it's 'baby-mama's causing future trouble & drama seems harsh. So far, if anything, it appears his character is lacking. If he had broken up with Dara respectfully, I'm sure there would be no problem. It appears opportunistic to jump suddenly from one relationship into another one so soon...
I’ve seen no evidence that he was disrespectful when he broke up with her. Nor do we know when the couple realized that the relationship was not going to work.
I’ve seen no source verifying that there was a public announcement of any engagement - unlike the announcement of Edo’s sister’s engagement Mr T. Yeomans and Miss N. Mapelli Mozzi - Engagements Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Her family seemed to assume they would marry based on their interviews with the press, but there’s no evidence that he ever asked her to marry him or gave Wolfie’s mom a ring. She did get pregnant very early in her relationship with Edo, they apparently remained a couple through the pregnancy and for some time thereafter, but we really have no idea when they stopped being a couple but continued to co-parent or why they didn’t ever marry.
There are many possibilities for when and why the relationship ended, best to not fault either party or cast aspersions on either’s character since we know nothing IMO.

Three.
The first BF went on vacation with the Yorks, and he said Beatrice had intended to present him to the Queen.

So it may have been quite serious, although she was only 17 at the time.

Ok so even if you want to count 3 ....3 serious relationships (one of which was at least 8 years or so) in 15 years is a bad track record?

LaRae

Ok so even if you want to count 3 ....3 serious relationships (one of which was at least 8 years or so) in 15 years is a bad track record?

LaRae

I wasn't thinking so much of the number as I was of the quality of the men.
(The jury's out on Edo, but the other two? )

Sometimes its true that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. I actually think its better for anyone to have had a few serious relationships before deciding on "the one" rather than never have experienced a relationship with anyone other than the one they committed to in marriage.

Its different though for everybody. Friend of mine knew she'd be with the guy she's married to in the 6th grade where some friends have changed marriage partners like they change their underwear. :D

I wasn't thinking so much of the number as I was of the quality of the men.
(The jury's out on Edo, but the other two? )

If the first one was while she was still a teen then really what do you expect?

Dave was around over 8 years..so he must of had some good qualities. We don't know how or why that relationship ended.

I've not seen anything about Edo so far to make me think he is bad.

LaRae

Yes he's very charming but he seems totally insensitive to the plight of ordinary British people who don't have at least £5million to spend on a property. He's relishing the prospect of the pound crashing & properties losing 20% of their value, which will wipe out the capital that many people with mortgages have in their homes & push many thousands of recent buyers into negative equity. He should pipe down about how he's hoping to be enriched by other people's misery.

Yes he's very charming but he seems totally insensitive to the plight of ordinary British people who don't have at least £5million to spend on a property. He's relishing the prospect of the pound crashing & properties losing 20% of their value, which will wipe out the capital that many people with mortgages have in their homes & push many thousands of recent buyers into negative equity. He should pipe down about how he's hoping to be enriched by other people's misery.

Not quite. All he is saying is that as sterling is (or may be even) softer, there is / may be more value in London residential property than when the pound was stronger.

The plight of ordinary people wasn’t even discussed in the article. I don’t follow how talking about your business’s focus on a niche clientele translates to being insensitive to another demographic. If I asked an expensive sports car salesman if he was worried about his business because of the country’s economic problems, and he said he wasn’t worried about his business because his customers weren’t effected by the economic issues, how can that be insensitive to ordinary people? Just as ordinary people aren’t going to be buying expensive sports cars even when the economy is doing great, ordinary people aren’t going to be buying Edo’s properties.
The section of the article which was about economics was very poorly written, to the point of being confusing. I think Edo was explaining that although currently London real estate is down and the pound is down and due to Brexit economic concerns now is a problematic time to be in the property business, his business model is geared to owner occupants rather than to investors and that unlike investors, owner occupants will still buy because although the pound is down, they can still get more for their money because real estate is also down. At least that’s the interpretation that made the most sense to me.
How is he hoping to be enriched by other people’s misery? His company focuses on converting non residential buildings into apartments. The property the article focused on was previously a four star hotel, not ordinary people’s housing. The other property mentioned was previously a bakery. He’s not a bank forcing people out of their homes for not paying their mortgage, he’s not a flipper scooping up repossessed properties - tarting them up & then selling them for a profit. He states he’s converting buildings in less than prime locations into luxury residential units & that there’s a market for that despite the current economic climate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom