The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think you're right on that, suztav. I think St. George's Chapel is going to be the venue for royal weddings up until its George's time to wed.

Logically, St. George's is also "home parish church" for Louise and with James' wedding being a Windsor wedding although James isn't titled or styled as a HRH, it will also probably be his choice too.

I actually prefer St. George's over Westminster Abbey if it was me picking out the venue. There's so much more of an intimate atmosphere.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Omg! I wish all love for Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Wolfie!

Edo's dad is British-born but has an Italian Aristocratic roots as 'Count?' Which makes him a Count too, right?

Old 07-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's hard to tell with them, you can't go on past relationships for either of them...neither of them have rushed to marry with previous dating partners. Especially Beatrice.

Yet this relationship with Edo does come across differently than the one with Dave. It wouldn't shock me to see an engagement in winter or first of next year then a wedding later in the year. I think this fall marks them a year dating.

LaRae
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post

Edo's dad is British-born but has an Italian Aristocratic roots as 'Count?' Which makes him a Count too, right?
Yes, that makes him a count though since UK doesn't recognise foreign titles of nobility it's not a title that he can use officially.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I actually prefer St. George's over Westminster Abbey if it was me picking out the venue. There's so much more of an intimate atmosphere.
Both are lovely, but I would prefer the Abbey.

But I think you may be right, and an Abbey wedding is now reserved for the direct line.

(Although other people who aren't even royal also marry in the Abbey. But I think, if Beatrice did, it would provoke more public criticism than if she marries at St. George's).
Old 07-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

It could even be elsewhere like Zara did...but I do love St George after seeing so much of it last year. Lovely place to marry. My guess is she will marry there.

LaRae
Old 07-22-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice will most probably marry in St George's, but I'd be happy to see her marry in the York Minster. It's a beautiful cathedral and a fitting wedding setting for the daughter of the Duke of York.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

York Minster is a huge (or at least in pics it looks massive) cathedral. It would be kinda neat to see Beatrice marry there ...when's the last time there was a royal wedding there? If ever?

LaRae
Old 07-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
York Minster is a huge (or at least in pics it looks massive) cathedral. It would be kinda neat to see Beatrice marry there ...when's the last time there was a royal wedding there? If ever?

LaRae

The current Duke and Duchess of Kent in 1961. First one since 1328.

The Minster is in my home city, and it would be amazing to see them wed there but practically speaking I don’t see it happening. Not considering who would attend.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Courtier

It is big, not that they'd have trouble filling it and would be interesting to see. There's much less traffic around it than WA but there would probably still be the same complaints about security costs.

A relative of mine got married there in the 1980s and I think the Duke of Kent. I don't know if her father's title is a qualifying connection (which dictates if you are allowed to get married in a COE church) but I'm sure there'd be no problem.

However the Yorks have never shown much interest in Andrew's territorial designation in general and no one is expecting the little Cambridges to get married at Ely.

But we're all getting way ahead of ourselves, I don't even believe an engagement is that immanent. That said, if it was I don't think it would be affected by wherever the Queen is, they can certainly travel to meet her beforehand, and would almost certainly do so, not as Queen so much as Granny.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Both are lovely, but I would prefer the Abbey.

But I think you may be right, and an Abbey wedding is now reserved for the direct line.

(Although other people who aren't even royal also marry in the Abbey. But I think, if Beatrice did, it would provoke more public criticism than if she marries at St. George's).

As Harry did not marry at the Abbes (i think he should have) i think it is unlikely that Beatrice will marry there.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Princess Beatrice will most probably marry in St George's, but I'd be happy to see her marry in the York Minster. It's a beautiful cathedral and a fitting wedding setting for the daughter of the Duke of York.
Yes, but where would they hold the reception?
No place near, unless they took over a hotel or something like that.

Still, I agree that York Minster is glorious!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Every time there's a new post, I'm thinking "Oh here comes the announcement".

I really need to calm down.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Still, I agree that York Minster is glorious!

There is actually, the same place The Duke and Duchess has theirs, the Duchess’ family seat at Hovingham Hall.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time the Royal family had receptions at a hotel so as long as there's a suitable one I could see that happen. Are there for instance any houses used for wedding receptions outside the city?
I know it's unlikely to happen because of location and costs, but still fun to think about.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not trying to get too caught up in the speculation, but wouldn’t it be nice to see a televised old fashioned palace wedding? Perhaps at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle wedding. Done in one of the big state rooms.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Not trying to get too caught up in the speculation, but wouldn’t it be nice to see a televised old fashioned palace wedding? Perhaps at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle wedding. Done in one of the big state rooms.
Wouldn't they require a church wedding? The church for that would be St. George's. Has their ever been a wedding let alone a televised one in the State Rooms instead in recent memory?
Old 07-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Wouldn't they require a church wedding? The church for that would be St. George's. Has their ever been a wedding let alone a televised one in the State Rooms instead in recent memory?
IIRC you can get married anywhere as long as the wedding venue is registered for worships and marriages
Old 07-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post

Italian aristocratic titles were abolished under the Italian constitution of 1948. Many former noble families have continued to use them without official recognition, but I do not know if Edo Mapelli Mozzi has ever done so.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Nobility

I do think there will be an announcement before Christmas.
And we could expect a spring/summer wedding.
As much as I’d love another WA wedding, I doubt it would happen especially since Harry didn’t marry there. St. George’s is beautiful but I’d love a surprise

Closed Thread