The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guess is Beatrice and Edo are basically living together now. While we aren't sure when they started dating exactly I've heard Oct/Nov would be the year range.

I don't expect any sort of announcement before next year sometime.

LaRae

Old 05-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Nobility

I'm not really sure the couples are or should be compared. They both have different issues and those are just the public ones we know about like being in the public eye or a child involved (or not).

It seems it is pretty serious to bring him to this wedding and supposedly they're living together, though that doesn't mean they'll rush down the aisle by the end of the year or early next.

Old 05-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My guess is Beatrice and Edo are basically living together now. While we aren't sure when they started dating exactly I've heard Oct/Nov would be the year range.

I don't expect any sort of announcement before next year sometime.

LaRae
Edo said in a recent interview that he's living in St James & I'm predicting an engagement announcement before the end of this year. It would put some potential partners off but he seems to enjoy the press attention that comes with a royal relationship as he always turns towards the cameras & flashes them a smile.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

While it wouldn't shock me if they do...I just didn't figure they would make an announcement until after the first of the year. I don't think she's going to rush in anything.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Courtier

I think next May at St George's Chapel the bride will be Beatrice.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Personally I wish Beatrice gets married at York Minster, obviously do to the name connection, the fact that she's involved in different organizations surrounding it, and it would be the first royal wedding held there since the Duke and Duchess of Kent's in 1961.

Also concerning Edo, withholding my personal opinion about him, if he makes her happy then I wish them all the best but if that's not the case I hope Bea realizes it quickly and leaves the relationship.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I also do not expect a Beatrice engagement announcement this year. The relationship between Bea and Edo is still fresh and they should want to wait longer. But I believe they're living together.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Personally I wish Beatrice gets married at York Minster, obviously do to the name connection, the fact that she's involved in different organizations surrounding it, and it would be the first royal wedding held there since the Duke and Duchess of Kent's in 1961.

Also concerning Edo, withholding my personal opinion about him, if he makes her happy then I wish them all the best but if that's not the case I hope Bea realizes it quickly and leaves the relationship.
Despite the name connection, when the time comes, I don't see Bea marrying at York Minster. It is not really a convenient location for guests. And apart from "York" has no connection to Bea's life.

The Duchess of Kent was born in Yorkshire, so she essentially married in her hometown.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post

I don't see it happening. Among other things as there would be no logical place to hold the reception. Its not a royal peculiar, nor is there a royal house near.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent married there by tradition. Its traditional to marry at the family church of the bride. Katherine grew up in York, the wedding reception was held at her family home Hovingham Hall. It is now home to Katherine's nephew.

Windsor isn't simply a 'royal wedding venue' for the York girls. It is their 'home church'. They grew up near Windsor. They went to school in the area. I'd be shocked if they were not married there.

The fact most weddings are in London or Windsor is simple logistics. There isn't a church large enough near either Sandringham or Balmoral for the massive social weddings they have. Unless they had friends with a large estate near by, that they could use to host a reception, the added expense of a reception space and security for a wedding would sky rocket.

I don't expect a wedding in 2019. But like Harry and Meghan, I don't think we will see a long dating relationship either. Yes Bea's last relationship was ten years but she was also very young during most of it, getting through school and started in adult life. She is in a very different place in her life. Like Harry, Bea starting a relationship later in her life then cousins who had long courtships, will shape how long they date IMO.

Quote:
In July it will be a year of their dating, so they are reportedly dating longer (I mean James & Alizee). And there is no child to be involved.

All the best to both couples!
Its not a matter of who dated longer. There is no limit on how long one has to date before they marry. Its about where they are in their relationship. Some couples are more secure quicker, or ready for commitment sooner.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Majesty

And St. George's Chapel is much more convenient for the Queen and Prince Philipp, who are in their nineties already; let's hope they will still be here for Beatrice's wedding!
Old 05-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Beatrice will be 31-years-old in August. I can see her waiting at least another half year to another year past their dating anniversary in order to be absolutely certain of their compatibility. They don't have a need to rush to make a life commitment decision. Even should an engagement be announced sometime next year, I don't imagine Beatrice would be getting married until 2021 or thereabouts. She has time (unless she has concerns about wanting both her paternal grandparents to see her marry; yet even then, within two years they will likely both still be around).

In contrast, Lady Gabriella is 38 years old. So, if she and her new husband are planning to have a family, I expect they will try immediately.

Although, of course, any commitment decision between Edo and Beatrice should be based on how the couple get along and whether they have mutual life goals, rather than on age considerations. Sometimes, couples just know when it's right and works for them (e.g., the Sussexes were engaged in under a year-and-a-half. And they now have a son, in 2 years and 10 months since they first met).
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

That Edo can't keep his eyes off the cameras, he was at it again today and it makes him look shifty to me. Purely on intuition I have to say that I don't trust him.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
That Edo can't keep his eyes off the cameras, he was at it again today and it makes him look shifty to me. Purely on intuition I have to say that I don't trust him.
That was exactly my first thought. His eyes are always on the cameras.

Then I reflected that photographers will have been screaming his name, and it must take a great deal of practice to become accustomed to not turning towards that, even for a split second. So in fairness to Edo, while it looks like he is always turning to the cameras, it could also be that he is just reacting to his name being called and we are being shown the snap of the one second he looks over before remembering himself. So while my intuition, like yours, says something is off, I caught myself this morning when judging him based on these moments in pictures from the wedding (and other occasions).
Old 05-18-2019, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I still do not have an opinion about Edo. I do not trust him too much, but if he makes Bea happy, that's the most important thing.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
... So in fairness to Edo, while it looks like he is always turning to the cameras, it could also be that he is just reacting to his name being called.
ITA, it could just be a bit of self-consciousness, and Edo not used to being around cameras, having his every move and behavioral reaction scrutinized. Often, pretty young men are also unfairly labeled and judged as overly narcissistic playboys. For all we know, Edo could have a sensitive soul.

He might enjoy the attention too. But that wouldn't necessarily mean he doesn't care for Beatrice. Plus, Edo has moved in similar circles as Beatrice for awhile, since their families are friendly, although I'm not clear on how much contact they've had with each other previous to dating.

It's hard to judge someone we haven't actually spent a lot of time with, or seen up close in interviews. From the property management career articles that have been written about Edo, and in which he's been quoted (linked earlier in this thread), he seems to be an interesting person with interior design, construction, and property management expertise. He's not a rich layabout, since he's been very successful in developing his own company.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
^^ ITA, it could just be a bit of self-consciousness, and not used to being around cameras, having your every move and behavioral reaction scrutinized.
It's just that I never saw Jack Brooksbank behaving the same way and he was in the same position. Time will tell.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's just that I never saw Jack Brooksbank behaving the same way and he was in the same position. Time will tell.
Jack Brooksbank has always been very discreet. I'd say even more discreet than Dave Clarck.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Jack Brooksbank has always been very discreet. I'd say even more discreet than Dave Clarck.
Yes, Jack has never came across as self-seeking.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
True, but Jack has a completely different personality. And he was low-key dating Beatrice's younger sister, Eugenie, for years. I do not recall Eugenie having as much overdone public scrutiny on her as Beatrice has experienced.

In addition, there has been a lot of attention and tabloid publicity since the news broke that Edo and Beatrice were dating. And this publicity and interest exists through no fault of their own.

Edo, in part due to his line of business, kinda already had more of a public profile than Jack in any case. Jack comes from a well-to-do family, while Edo comes from a wealthy family with a foreign title. Edo's father was a friend and associate of the Queen's and other members of the royal family, if I remember correctly.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not everyone is going to be comfortable with the media, plain and simple.

Just because Jack was comfortable, doesn't mean everyone will be. Its going to be shocking, and perhaps intimidating, for some new to it. Having media scream your name and flashing cameras at you is not normal. Its not like the man is courting the press or anything here.

Closed Thread